PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas for crime city; staking items!( dont know if im in right section )

nico valentino
07-21-2013, 04:46 PM
If any of you have played runescape back in the days you know about "staking" Implimenting staking would be a nice addition, you can stake cash or gold with another opponent and their stats are kept a secret so it would be a gamble. once you stake your item the duel begins and the winner wins whatever was staked, I think it would be fun. I played runescape growing up and pvp and staking was the most popular at the time.

candyson
07-21-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm all for this, I'll bet a couple million any day. Make it to where the winner gets twice the total of everything bet.

MichelleEvelyncc
07-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Gambling laws ...

nico valentino
07-21-2013, 06:19 PM
This is a terrible idea. Plus this would encourge camping which GREE is trying to prevent.
please describe what you mean by camping? and most games thrive off pvp and staking... if you work hard on your stats why not be able to use them in combat for high stakes? It made runescape a million dollar industry. and candyson you would just get whatever the person stakes as a reward not double or anything.

nico valentino
07-21-2013, 06:21 PM
you would submit a duel request with player and they can either accept or deny. If they accept a screen will pop up and you enter the amount you would like to wager. then you both confirm and the battle starts.

jmeijer
07-21-2013, 06:28 PM
you would submit a duel request with player and they can either accept or deny. If they accept a screen will pop up and you enter the amount you would like to wager. then you both confirm and the battle starts.I don't think that this would work out. It would be an ideal way to transfer cash to friends - and Gree wants people to buy in-game cash.

nico valentino
07-21-2013, 06:31 PM
I don't think that this would work out. It would be an ideal way to transfer cash to friends - and Gree wants people to buy in-game cash.

it would be the same way combat is now, you can only fight people within your level. you wouldnt be able to search for your friends or fight lower or higher levels. same as system is now just with dueling/staking implimented.

candyson
07-21-2013, 07:03 PM
It needs to be a random opponent(same level and mafia number), so it can't be easily exploited.

murf
07-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Gambling laws ...

Yeah, I can't imagine it's legal to have a game, where you can use real money to buy gold and then bet that purchased gold against another player....maybe items you win in-game might be ok, but if it can be purchased using real money, I can't see how that could possibly work.