PDA

View Full Version : New event + collect all 9

Person
07-21-2013, 12:13 PM
New leader board with bogus prizes, collect all 9 unit is the real prize here at 18k attack and a 5% alliance attack boost

Zenobia
07-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Did we ever figure out what "alliance attack" boosts do?

[DW] maretzky
07-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Yup, Zen. Alliance attack boost of 1% gives you 5 extra allies (if you're at 500) and it means - 15 extra units/armors/weapons used in battle.

So if your weakest unit now is BBR - with 5% boost you can have 75 more BBRs taken into battle...

Simple ;)

Zenobia
07-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Cool. So if someone (theoretically... lol) has alliance attack +9% and alliance size reduction -2, that means when attacking it is 1,635 units + equipment vs. 1,494 units + equipment. Am I right?

Person
07-21-2013, 12:51 PM
I beg to differ. 5% alliance attack increases your raw attack by 5%. That's what I found at least.

Finsfan
07-21-2013, 01:05 PM
I agree with person. It would be alliance increase by 5% if the above was true. This is alliance attack by 5%. So if you have 1,000,000 attack (un boosted) you would increase 50,000. That is what I seen from the last increase of 5%.

[DW] maretzky
07-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Nope, Zen. ;) Means YOU take 9% (extra 135 units/armors/weapons) and the OPPONENT uses 2 (TWO - not two percent) allies less - means 30 (his weakest) units less...

Algorithm does not work like you've said - think you're wrong Finsfan.

sousas
07-21-2013, 01:10 PM
I think the most odd is the top 50 prize.
Gives an idea of how you need lots of army strenght points to make any diference..

Zenobia
07-21-2013, 01:13 PM
If it does increase your raw attack number by the given percent, then why on Earth do they call it "alliance attack boost"? Shouldn't it be an "attack boost"?

Snake1
07-21-2013, 01:33 PM
How are you guys getting the boxes to drop? I never had a problem ever getting them to drop. I used all my energy and no drops. The last event I had like 70 extras. I even reset my phone. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

[DW] maretzky
07-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Foreym Troll has 100% drop every event. Together with nice w/a...

Person
07-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Indeed, the Foerym troll on giants alley. As for the 5% boost, with the ancient war dragon I got an increase of almost 100k, weakest unit I'm using atm is either the flame cannon thing with 51 A or lower and the 3/1 armor and wep I stocked up on to clothe and arm my army. If its extra items taken into battle, my boost would have been way lower. Also when I attack someone I still take my best 4500 items to battle, despite a 6% alliance boost

Shinazueli
07-21-2013, 01:51 PM
How are you guys getting the boxes to drop? I never had a problem ever getting them to drop. I used all my energy and no drops. The last event I had like 70 extras. I even reset my phone. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Attack high energy mobs.

Shinazueli
07-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Indeed, the Foerym troll on giants alley. As for the 5% boost, with the ancient war dragon I got an increase of almost 100k, weakest unit I'm using atm is either the flame cannon thing with 51 A or lower and the 3/1 armor and wep I stocked up on to clothe and arm my army. If its extra items taken into battle, my boost would have been way lower. Also when I attack someone I still take my best 4500 items to battle, despite a 6% alliance boost

This. I've confirmed this. It's 5% boost to raw units. I don't think it includes weapons and armor, but I can't tell for certain because they make up so little of my army.

valient
07-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Great info

Finsfan
07-21-2013, 02:03 PM
I guess I was correct after all. :)

valient
07-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Good deal but bogus

Zenobia
07-21-2013, 02:54 PM
I ran a mini-test on the "alliance attack boost."
Interpretation (A): The size of your alliance increases by the boost amount. So with 500 allies and a 9% boost, that means 1635 units + weapons + armor for each attack.

Interpretation (B): The amount of your raw attack increases by the boost amount. You still bring 1500 units + weapons + armor to each attack, but the raw units + weapons + armor attack number gets boosted.

The test: Buy better weapons and see how that changes the numbers. My alliance attack boost is 9%. If it is (A), my 1635th-best weapon has an attack of 9. So buying 10 heavy battleaxes should result in an attack increase of (21-9)*10 = 120. If it is (B), my 1500th-best weapon has an attack of 12. So buying 10 heavy battleaxes should result in an attack increase of (21-12)*10*1.09 = 98 (98.1 really).

I bought 10 heavy battleaxes. My attack increased by 98. Therefore it is (B) - increase to raw attack.

So for the life of me I cannot figure out why the game calls it "alliance attack boost". It has nothing to do with your alliance size. Other than that alliance size is a factor in your raw attack number. But if that is the reason for calling it an "alliance attack boost", then beast attack boosts should be called "beast alliance attack boosts" or "alliance beast attack boosts". Putting the word alliance in there only causes needless confusion. It is an ATTACK boost. Period.

Gweo
07-21-2013, 03:39 PM
maretzky;878586']Foreym Troll has 100% drop every event. Together with nice w/a...

Nope. It's not 100% on boxes. I actually failed to get the box once. Not that it really matters anyway...

jchow69
07-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Can someone pls show me a screenshot. I'm not in the game now.

Snake1
07-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks for tips. I finally have some. It seems if you get one to fall they are every where after that.

Alleran
07-21-2013, 05:40 PM
I ran a mini-test on the "alliance attack boost."
Interpretation (A): The size of your alliance increases by the boost amount. So with 500 allies and a 9% boost, that means 1635 units + weapons + armor for each attack.

Interpretation (B): The amount of your raw attack increases by the boost amount. You still bring 1500 units + weapons + armor to each attack, but the raw units + weapons + armor attack number gets boosted.

The test: Buy better weapons and see how that changes the numbers. My alliance attack boost is 9%. If it is (A), my 1635th-best weapon has an attack of 9. So buying 10 heavy battleaxes should result in an attack increase of (21-9)*10 = 120. If it is (B), my 1500th-best weapon has an attack of 12. So buying 10 heavy battleaxes should result in an attack increase of (21-12)*10*1.09 = 98 (98.1 really).

I bought 10 heavy battleaxes. My attack increased by 98. Therefore it is (B) - increase to raw attack.

So for the life of me I cannot figure out why the game calls it "alliance attack boost". It has nothing to do with your alliance size. Other than that alliance size is a factor in your raw attack number. But if that is the reason for calling it an "alliance attack boost", then beast attack boosts should be called "beast alliance attack boosts" or "alliance beast attack boosts". Putting the word alliance in there only causes needless confusion. It is an ATTACK boost. Period.

It's called alliance attack to differentiate it from infantry attack, beast attack, magic attack, machine attack...

Zenobia
07-21-2013, 07:28 PM
It's called alliance attack to differentiate it from infantry attack, beast attack, magic attack, machine attack...

I understand that but it just seems to me there are a lot better ways to differentiate it from specific unit type attack boosts. And since it is proven to also affects equipment as well as units, IMO just calling it "attack boost," without a confusing adjective that does not actually describe what it affects, would make it most clear. This type of boost has been around for months and obviously a number of people (other than just myself, and other than just a number of people on this forum) were unclear on it because it sounds like it is affecting your alliance number in some way. But it is not.

If it needs an adjective to describe the fact that it affects the attack value of EVERYTHING you bring to battle, it should be called "overall attack boost" or "everything attack boost"... "total attack boost" is maybe the clearest... just call it anything that describes what it actually does as opposed to referring to something about your stats that it does NOT affect: your alliance. JMO.

Colony Colonel
07-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Alliance attack boost IS a percentage boost to your attack, however with so many boosts involved on each class of units such as 'beast attack and defence' and just 'beast attack' i'm unsure which 1 applies first thus changing the end result.

I know this because if I add an ally I gain 30 attack... if I get a unit like this i gain around 50k attack

Ratma2001
07-22-2013, 12:20 AM
Why not just ask Sirius to elaborate on this Percentage issue , as he works for Gree he will know what it entails and what the actual Boost is and does?

Mickeytah
07-22-2013, 01:06 AM
Just because a person works for a company doesn't mean they know everything about the company.

Snake1
07-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Is there a technique you guys use that gets you better unlocks? I was told to use all my energy and it would increase. I have not noticed the change. Is this just pure random?

Skyraiders
07-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Is there a technique you guys use that gets you better unlocks? I was told to use all my energy and it would increase. I have not noticed the change. Is this just pure random?

honestly i would love to tell you there is some kind of trick, or a method you can use but....according to Chris at gree support it is all luck based.....SORRY!!

Snake1
07-22-2013, 07:24 AM
Thanks, it was worth a try to ask.

Person
07-22-2013, 07:45 AM
I do have a feeling they reduced the chance for gold opens though. I mean 2/14 opened is hardly a "medium" chance and I'm not the only one noticing this

Snake1
07-22-2013, 07:54 AM
I do have a feeling they reduced the chance for gold opens though. I mean 2/14 opened is hardly a "medium" chance and I'm not the only one noticing this
I always thought you should be able to trade in like 5 boxes for a guaranteed open. I always end up with like 70 boxes at the end.

Person
07-22-2013, 07:57 AM
Last time I had close to 200 boxes left, depends on the nr of mobs needed to be killed in alongside running ltq's.

Mystogan
07-22-2013, 08:09 AM
I think it's fine being called the alliance attack boost.. because it is the amount of alliance members that allows you to bring more units weapons and armour that are basically your stats. Although if you took "attack" out of the phrase it would then change to as what it states.

Snake1
07-22-2013, 12:03 PM
How does the top player have 196? Is it some kind of glitch or is the person spending two hundred bucks?

Skyraiders
07-22-2013, 12:28 PM
[

How does the top player have 196? Is it some kind of glitch or is the person spending two hundred bucks?

more like 2000$......but dont forget the bonus program ....

Zenobia
07-22-2013, 01:58 PM

I too am noticing that I am getting units at way less than half as much as I usually do opening with gold. It seems to me they made it a LOT more difficult, if not downright impossible to collect all 9 without spending a lot of gems. It is this kind of greed that drives people away from the game.

I currently have two units... both the same useless unit. And 5 eggs. By this point in all previous box LTEs I'd have had almost half the units by now.

Mickeytah
07-22-2013, 02:14 PM
I too am noticing that I am getting units at way less than half as much as I usually do opening with gold. It seems to me they made it a LOT more difficult, if not downright impossible to collect all 9 without spending a lot of gems. It is this kind of greed that drives people away from the game.

I currently have two units... both the same useless unit. And 5 eggs. By this point in all previous box LTEs I'd have had almost half the units by now.

I have two eggs and two units in 15 tries with the gold option.

procsyzarc
07-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Sure people are just trolling but in case any one actually takes them seriously alliance attack % is bonus alliance attack based on your base attack it has nothing to do with bringing extra units to battle.
Ie my profile attack is +/- 2,400,000 but my base without multipliers is +/- 1,250,000 so an extra 5% would give 5% on the 1,250,000 meaning a 62,500 increase on profile bringing it up to 2,462,500 my base attack will remain at 1,250,000 (this is talking only the multiplier and ignoring the stats of the unit itself)

The reason it is called alliance attack % is because that is what your attack has always been called ie the attack score of your entire alliance that you take into battle. Most people simplify it to just attack or defence but the correct full term is alliance attack or alliance defence.

Gree has posted how multipliers work before but basically ones that increase stats are added then applied ie if you have boosts of beast attack 20%, 20% and 10% your final will be your base beast attack +50%. While ones that reduce things ie casualty rates or hp regen time are done culmuitively ie if you have 5%,30%, 20% and 15 % hp regen reduction you actually get 100 x 95% = 95% x 70% = 66.5% x 80% = 53.2% x 85% = 45.22% not 30% which would be if they were added then multiplied

JPNy
07-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Sure people are just trolling but in case any one actually takes them seriously alliance attack % is bonus alliance attack based on your base attack it has nothing to do with bringing extra units to battle.
Ie my profile attack is +/- 2,400,000 but my base without multipliers is +/- 1,250,000 so an extra 5% would give 5% on the 1,250,000 meaning a 62,500 increase on profile bringing it up to 2,462,500 my base attack will remain at 1,250,000 (this is talking only the multiplier and ignoring the stats of the unit itself)

The reason it is called alliance attack % is because that is what your attack has always been called ie the attack score of your entire alliance that you take into battle. Most people simplify it to just attack or defence but the correct full term is alliance attack or alliance defence.

Gree has posted how multipliers work before but basically ones that increase stats are added then applied ie if you have boosts of beast attack 20%, 20% and 10% your final will be your base beast attack +50%. While ones that reduce things ie casualty rates or hp regen time are done culmuitively ie if you have 5%,30%, 20% and 15 % hp regen reduction you actually get 100 x 95% = 95% x 70% = 66.5% x 80% = 53.2% x 85% = 45.22% not 30% which would be if they were added then multiplied

All my calculations on my stats and bonuses are confirming this. Thx to make it so clear ! I would just add for those who wonder : just remember you gold hit strength on last Boss, this was your ground attack stat. You then add the 18k of the dark majesty, you apply 5% and you will obtain a good estimation of the weight of the bonus if you get it now. Well just estimation because you have played the ancient curse LTQ and won new units thus increasing your ground attack stat.

marko101
07-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Woot got my collect 9 unit this morning! Very nice boost with that +5%!!!
0 gems spent plus still 2 days to spare :-)

Snake1
07-24-2013, 11:22 AM
That is awesome. I need two more. It looks like I might have to start using the gems.

NinjaHonu
07-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Woot got my collect 9 unit this morning! Very nice boost with that +5%!!!
0 gems spent plus still 2 days to spare :-)

That is awesome... I never thought you could finish one of these box events gem free. I've been using gems since day 1 and still need 3 of the units. F%&$*(K! hahaha.

Mickeytah
07-24-2013, 11:12 PM
That is awesome... I never thought you could finish one of these box events gem free. I've been using gems since day 1 and still need 3 of the units. F%&$*(K! hahaha.

I've never finished the collect units box event either. In fact, the last EB was the first collect units quest I've ever finished. I don't use gems on chance items. I only them on guaranteed things like LTQs.\

Right now I am at 3/8 of the units needed but I have enough Hound Rangers to start a kennel and enough archers to challenge Robin Hood's band of men. Well, if the archer unit didn't suck so bad, I could.

NinjaHonu
07-24-2013, 11:30 PM
I've never finished the collect units box event either. In fact, the last EB was the first collect units quest I've ever finished. I don't use gems on chance items. I only them on guaranteed things like LTQs.\

Right now I am at 3/8 of the units needed but I have enough Hound Rangers to start a kennel and enough archers to challenge Robin Hood's band of men. Well, if the archer unit didn't suck so bad, I could.

yea.. this is the first time I am spending gems on a box event. That 5% alliance attack is just to good to pass up! I am stopping at a mountain though.. If I don't get it by then... I am quitting! haha

Finsfan
07-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Ninja I said the same thing when I had one unit left for the prize. Then I couldn't resist spending more so my original $100 wouldn't be a waste. I can sadly say after what I figure was around 3200 gems I got that last damn unit and got the prize. I am trying to convince myself it was worth it because I got all three spend more units, the 25 egg unit, and the collect 8 unit but now I kinda feel like an idiot. Gree got me again.

[JAG] Ryan
07-25-2013, 03:08 AM
Ninja I said the same thing when I had one unit left for the prize. Then I couldn't resist spending more so my original $100 wouldn't be a waste. I can sadly say after what I figure was around 3200 gems I got that last damn unit and got the prize. I am trying to convince myself it was worth it because I got all three spend more units, the 25 egg unit, and the collect 8 unit but now I kinda feel like an idiot. Gree got me again.

lol, your post really made me smile as i experienced and felt completely the same in the past. So welcome to the club!

Gt4094rs
07-25-2013, 03:34 AM
I still needed 3 more units and finally got my 8th unit!! I thought I wasn't going to get the last unit, got a bunch of turtle priest enough to start a ninja turtles crew lol!! I got lucky towards the end with 40 gems left went through a mountain though. I guess it's worth it +5% alliance attack, count me in..

Snake1
07-25-2013, 05:44 AM
Is this quest glitched now. I have gotten 12 sorry in I a row. The most ever before was 3. Is anyone else having this problem?

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-25-2013, 06:28 AM
Is this quest glitched now. I have gotten 12 sorry in I a row. The most ever before was 3. Is anyone else having this problem?

I was starting to think the same thing. Ironically, I, using some - and I mean some, not a lot - of gems got the collect aspect done early on the first day, and then going to gold options, dropped out of 50th, 250th, and currently have about 12 eggs despite attempting to open with gold options, or trying a free one or two, at least 12 times a day. All of Tuesday I didn't get one open. Really wanted that #25 unit though.

Oh well. Congrats to everyone who finished the LTE aspect, and good luck to the Top 250 and above!

Berneburg
07-25-2013, 08:34 AM

Didn't really know that was a "problem." That's how its worked for me from day one. Never won anything from one of these, never expect to.

Mickeytah
07-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Didn't really know that was a "problem." That's how its worked for me from day one. Never won anything from one of these, never expect to.

It's more an annoyance than a problem. It's known as getting punched in the face by probability.

Person
07-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Being locked out for almost 2,5 days reduced my already extremely slim chances to 0.

Won't even finish the pve ltq most likely, and 0 response from Gree :/

NinjaHonu
07-25-2013, 11:43 AM

LMAO! I am currently in the same predicament! I've gone through my "mountain limit" with 1 unit still to go! I am debating if I should fork out another $100 to try and get that last unit.... because if I don't I will have wasted a mountain. We have the same mindset! F%*K I don't know what to do! I think I would feel more like an idiot if I don't get it. But then again if I spend another 1500 gems and still don't get it then I might throw my iphone against the wall....

mtlfce
07-25-2013, 11:56 AM
After reading through this thread I feel super lucky!
6/8 for free, then gemmed for the last 2 units, took 220 gems & Dark Majesty joined my army!

Elderly
07-25-2013, 01:15 PM
After reading through this thread I feel super lucky!
6/8 for free, then gemmed for the last 2 units, took 220 gems & Dark Majesty joined my army!

Did you do 100% opens? Or just refills with gold opens?

Finsfan
07-25-2013, 02:02 PM
LMAO! I am currently in the same predicament! I've gone through my "mountain limit" with 1 unit still to go! I am debating if I should fork out another $100 to try and get that last unit.... because if I don't I will have wasted a mountain. We have the same mindset! F%*K I don't know what to do! I think I would feel more like an idiot if I don't get it. But then again if I spend another 1500 gems and still don't get it then I might throw my iphone against the wall....

It's a terrible position!! The worst was when I got down to 250 gems and still didn't have it. Then by the grace of god one more gem open did it. Try exiting out of the game if you don't get it in 5 to 10 opens. I did that right before I got the last unit. Probably just dumb luck but who knows. Good luck!!

larrydavid
07-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Just got the beast! Feels amazing. Good luck to everyone else.

Thunderclap
07-25-2013, 02:57 PM
My LLP is working on the last unit and for the past day I have been getting nothing but sorry splash screens. Good luck to all those other people out there in the same situation.

sousas
07-25-2013, 03:58 PM

As soon I reached 6/8 units and 9 gems I had to wait almost 24 hours to get my 10th egg.

Yet, I have already played many of this events (boss & boxes) to ever consider those events to have fair chances.

mtlfce
07-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Did you do 100% opens? Or just refills with gold opens?

100% opening chance, then waited the hour(s) for the next one.
No sense in spending gems to reset the timer with that much time left in the event.

One of my guild-mates got the dragon using gem openings only (no timer resets) within the first 48 hours!

DrQ
07-25-2013, 04:51 PM
'Congratulations'
'You have just received'

BLANK, PITCH BLACK SCREEN

The last thing I need is this box event toying with me...

I checked. I didn't get any units, I didn't get honour, I didn't get gold coins ....
Anyone with this problem. I captured a pic, trying to figure out how to share it..

Shinazueli
07-25-2013, 04:59 PM
'Congratulations'
'You have just received'

I checked. I didn't get any units, I didn't get honour, I didn't get gold coins ....
Anyone with this problem. I captured a pic, trying to figure out how to share it..

Go to photobucket.com, or any other picture web hosting site. Register for a free account. Upload the image. Go to the web page the picture is on. Look at the right side of the page for an IMG code link.

It should look like this:

http://www.whocares.com/somewebpage/somethingelse/Jonny0284forPresident/letsseewhoreadsthis

Copy and paste that into the reply section.

????

Profit.

DrQ
07-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Thank you... Trying that. Previous attempt said pic size too big..

Here it is:

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/mystiquetopaz/media/image_zpsca1c394c.jpg.html

Shinazueli
07-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Thank you... Trying that. Previous attempt said pic size too big..

Here it is:

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/mystiquetopaz/media/image_zpsca1c394c.jpg.html

You put link. You need to use link.

DrQ
07-25-2013, 05:40 PM

I don't think I got it right just yet...lol
I bet someone tried to copy and paste your ' lets see who read this ' and see what's it about.

Euchred
07-25-2013, 05:46 PM
'Congratulations'
'You have just received'

Same thing just happened to my brother and he used gems. All we want is for things to work as intended, so I suppose send in a help ticket and see what happens.

King Ben
07-26-2013, 01:04 AM
There are now two threads on errors with the box event. Gree mod, please say something. Do not interpret silence is golden this way, could you.

Damn

DrQ
07-26-2013, 02:24 AM
There are now two threads on errors with the box event. Gree mod, please say something. Do not interpret silence is golden this way, could you.

Damn

For your information , I didn't want to start a new thread so I listed the problem here before the doubloon problem cropped up..and a new thread emerged. I think all emotional outburst should go into that thread