PDA

View Full Version : Taking a War off from a top faction to have a lil fun with an unranked faction.

Vegaman
07-21-2013, 04:41 AM
I wanted to try an experiment and see if i could go to a novice, sub 4,000 ranked faction, and help them become more co-ordinated. I got a "hall pass" from my top 40 faction for a war, and found a 14/20 member faction that was unranked.
I went 10 days prior to Australia War, helped get them 10 defence bonuses from me raiding for cash, as they had only 300,000 cash and no bonuses. I also got them to buy more guild memberships and got the whole faction recruiting. They were level 10 to 30 players and 600 to 6,500 attack. I was level 200+ and 600k attack defence.
I explained what concrete was for and in no time they had all donated their stockpiles and we had 35 level 4 walls.
We set up a Group-me account. Got 90% enrolled. Had training evenings about walls, DL's scouts and targets. At first it was a bit like trying to herd cats!! But they were very enthusiastic, and by Friday just gone, all had reported in for their first war.
They told me that in their last war, Poland the scored 3,355 WDP total. In their first battle they scored 17,000 WDP. They are working well in shifts, USA and EU/Asia. Are comfortably in the top 1,500 not far from top 1,000, but its a tall order to get them into that bracket at the moment. Their initial expectations were beating 4,000 WDP points total war. Now they have SUP in their sights lmfao !!

What i have found, is that its got me excited about the game. Any fool can tap a screen for three days solid. Gosh i've done it enough. But going back to the start without giving up what you spent 18 months building, not having the pressure of failing your team mates and giving a bit back is B00dy good fun.
My lowest opponent was level 1 with 4 units only and 26 defence. I still got 124WDP. Not the 700/800 i'm use too but then my bank account is some $700 better off this weekend.

Good luck to everyone in Australia War whatever your level and Faction.

I am a cow
07-21-2013, 04:49 AM
Wow well your certainly someone who likes helping the little guy out! For my first war in brazil we scored 100 points first battle lol BUT on the other note good luck to my faction CEL on securing top 50

jorge54
07-21-2013, 04:49 AM
It sounds like you just created a recruiting faction for your top 40 faction. :)

ffp
07-21-2013, 04:56 AM
Well, it's certainly rare to find great players like you willing to sacrifice your own glory to help others. I doubt many others would do the same.

Wai
07-21-2013, 05:08 AM
I think that was the start of something pretty good Vegman.

You have trained them. Excellent, they will be better for that experience.

You have assisted in getting them some bonuses they will not afford by themselves. Excellent, they will be better for that.

I'm sure you have been very careful with your appearance there, whereas others may not be.

Those doing this need to be very mindful not to undermine the leader no matter how junior that person may be or how little they know. It's really important they still maintain authority when the power player leaves.

What I am saying is, harm could inadvertently be done after the knowledgeable power player leaves. If real or perceived authority was lost to the big new knowledgeable player then problems will likely occur once the power player leaves and they fall back next war to somewhere near their actual scoring ability without the power player. That will be a management challenge for the remaining leader. Worse still, if there happens to be conflict between the leader and the new player because he/she thinks they are loosing their authority or for any other reason.

I hasten to say, Vegaman would have done this after very careful consideration while maintaining authority with the current faction leader. Others need to consider all the potential fallout after they leave, before they decide to follow his lead.

A good initiative and refreshing change if done very carefully.

CJ D
07-21-2013, 05:09 AM
Hang on....700-800 WDP on a hit???

Wai
07-21-2013, 05:24 AM
He's referring to battle points I think. A typo.

manlikesam
07-21-2013, 05:53 AM
Respect for doing this ! We need more people like you

thunder
07-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Great job that your helping them. If your spending 700 dollars a war for a top 40 faction you are doing something defintely wrong. Your buying gold wrong. Explain how u are spending 700 dollars a war? Were u losing 75 percent of your attacks?

Wormwood
07-21-2013, 06:02 AM
Very noble act.

nickdpro99
07-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Respect to you man. We rarely see players like this.

Rough Neck
07-21-2013, 07:33 AM
I wanted to try an experiment and see if i could go to a novice, sub 4,000 ranked faction, and help them become more co-ordinated. I got a "hall pass" from my top 40 faction for a war, and found a 14/20 member faction that was unranked.
I went 10 days prior to Australia War, helped get them 10 defence bonuses from me raiding for cash, as they had only 300,000 cash and no bonuses. I also got them to buy more guild memberships and got the whole faction recruiting. They were level 10 to 30 players and 600 to 6,500 attack. I was level 200+ and 600k attack defence.
I explained what concrete was for and in no time they had all donated their stockpiles and we had 35 level 4 walls.
We set up a Group-me account. Got 90% enrolled. Had training evenings about walls, DL's scouts and targets. At first it was a bit like trying to herd cats!! But they were very enthusiastic, and by Friday just gone, all had reported in for their first war.
They told me that in their last war, Poland the scored 3,355 WDP total. In their first battle they scored 17,000 WDP. They are working well in shifts, USA and EU/Asia. Are comfortably in the top 1,500 not far from top 1,000, but its a tall order to get them into that bracket at the moment. Their initial expectations were beating 4,000 WDP points total war. Now they have SUP in their sights lmfao !!

What i have found, is that its got me excited about the game. Any fool can tap a screen for three days solid. Gosh i've done it enough. But going back to the start without giving up what you spent 18 months building, not having the pressure of failing your team mates and giving a bit back is B00dy good fun.
My lowest opponent was level 1 with 4 units only and 26 defence. I still got 124WDP. Not the 700/800 i'm use too but then my bank account is some $700 better off this weekend.

+++++1........

jchow69
07-21-2013, 08:11 AM
What's ur top 40 faction? My faction, Celestial Soldiers, are 700k points up on top 50 and only a mil points behind top 25. We might face your top dog.

PITA4PRES
07-21-2013, 08:54 AM
I will say that being in a well organized faction does make a huge difference in this game. I was in a faction that was lucky to hit top 1500. I set up a Palringo account so we could chat outside the game and strategize, but we had hardly any participation. I was getting ready to quit the game or at least take a break from it and joined another (yes higher ranked) faction. It was a whole different ballgame with them. Battles are organized. It is a larger faction, and there are people who don't participate or are unable to for one reason or another, it is understandable as people do have lives outside of this game. It got me re-energized about the game and looking forward to battles more. Props to you for giving the little guy a chance and hope they can keep it up after you leave. Perhaps you will inspire some other players to do the same thing.

D1E Luke
07-21-2013, 10:37 AM
I wish someone like you could help us stay in the top 1500 because my faction is always in the top 4000. We're good just not everyone participates, and we could just keep moving up if our players also raised their stats and stuff too!

KFH
07-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Vegaman that's a good read i wish more people would give their knowledge to other factions. We recently had a top player join our team for one war. It was great to hear a new perspective on the game, and learn from a seasoned player. Keep up the good work :)

jjm521
07-21-2013, 11:29 AM
He's referring to battle points I think. A typo.

Nah, he just forgot the K...as in 700/800k....read it again

jjm521
07-21-2013, 11:32 AM
And kudos vega for the post. Ive found a lot more enjoyment playing in a top 250 faction than i did when i was in a top 50 group. Sure i could be in the million stat range by now with all the bonuses ive missed out on, but in the end, the game is about having fun and what you did is a lot more fun than just spending 500-1000 bucks in a weekend

jchow69
07-21-2013, 12:31 PM
And kudos vega for the post. Ive found a lot more enjoyment playing in a top 250 faction than i did when i was in a top 50 group. Sure i could be in the million stat range by now with all the bonuses ive missed out on, but in the end, the game is about having fun and what you did is a lot more fun than just spending 500-1000 bucks in a weekend

I am a free, low stats in Celestial Soldiers, a top 50 faction right now and next war, we may be top 25 bound. Me and all the low stats players have a place in the faction and my job is to hit the walls.

Hivesy
07-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Very refreshing vegaman, great to read, well done you sir. This game can be fun still, sometimes you just have to do different stuff, or the same stuff in a different way. Far too many people get stuck in comfortable ruts.

Congrats mate.

McNasti
07-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Hardest part about this would be herding the cattle and getting a top 4000 faction to actually care about putting in a coordinated effort. I think you found the needle in the haystack.

Sergeant307
07-21-2013, 05:25 PM

That's outstanding. Great job! That's the way it should be.

erickd271
07-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Cheers Vegaman, i myself went from a top 25 faction to a top 1000 faction to help them for this war.

rookstar
07-22-2013, 02:08 AM
Well done Vegaman ( when you coming to us ? :D)

Captain Steelman
07-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Well done, Vegaman.... I know the feeling... :-)

Vegaman
07-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Hey all thanks for the comments, just to update you, my adopted team are really working hard. They are on 177,918 wdp.
Remember they got 3,350 ish wdp total last war. Everything i have done has been through the leader which at times has been hard because i found out today he is only 14 lmfao… But he has a mixed age range faction of 9yrs to late 40’s…. So most are gold free (as too young for CC), but they are so eager.. They are really pushing hard to get into the top 1500 and i’m feeling like splashing some gold to reward them.. They are 2,544 points under the cut as i type... Just don’t want to raise their expectations too high, as i’m off after the war.. So please look out for Royal23 when the results are posted… Thanks and good luck to you all whatever your rank or faction level..

Mongo
07-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Nice report, my main takeaway here is your decision to measure success by something other than "pushing buttons hours on end". I find satisfaction in working angles and getting more efficient. We have found some players come "down" to us for similar reasons, ie they want to play smart but have fun and avoid some of the pressure, esp financial pressure, of maintaining at the top levels.

It seems to me we are seeing more of this. And if you want to be big fish with us in a paltry 50-100 faction, we await your pm....

John Snow
07-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Hey all thanks for the comments, just to update you, my adopted team are really working hard. They are on 177,918 wdp.
Remember they got 3,350 ish wdp total last war. Everything i have done has been through the leader which at times has been hard because i found out today he is only 14 lmfao… But he has a mixed age range faction of 9yrs to late 40’s…. So most are gold free (as too young for CC), but they are so eager.. They are really pushing hard to get into the top 1500 and i’m feeling like splashing some gold to reward them.. They are 2,544 points under the cut as i type... Just don’t want to raise their expectations too high, as i’m off after the war.. So please look out for Royal23 when the results are posted… Thanks and good luck to you all whatever your rank or faction level..

Yikes, 14?!?! Too many of my faction's chats are definitely not appropriate for a 14 year old. LOL.

Wai
07-22-2013, 11:29 PM

SUPER WELL DONE. A great job performed really thoughtfully and well.

More power to you and also the juniors.

OMG, 14 years!!!!

WI(AusNz)
07-23-2013, 01:36 AM
Such an inspirational story. I can't wait for the movie to be released. The Mighty Ducks!

I am a cow
07-23-2013, 03:59 AM
Such an inspirational story. I can't wait for the movie to be released. The Mighty Ducks!

Isn't there already a movie called that?.... if they can't make top 1500 (help them out!)

CJ D
07-23-2013, 07:34 AM

You made me look. 1412. Nice job!

Tee
07-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Vegaman, you sir are rocking awesome! :D

jchow69
07-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Maybe I should do dat, but my stats can't afford it.