PDA

View Full Version : How to find the same rival again and again?!

punawa
07-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Hi,
I'm wondering how it is possible to always find the same target in your rivals list.
For about twenty consecutive days, I'm always robbed by the same person around the same time (while sleeping). I've never done any 'revenge' so I'm not in his news list.
Still two days ago, I had the same numbers of mafias as him (i.e. max for my level) and I was also able to find him sometimes by refreshing the rivals list for about a hundred times or more.
Now I decreased my mafias by half and I tried to see if I was still able to find my robber. I refreshed like 500 times and could mainly see rivals with the same number of mafias, rarely the ones with max mafias. Meaning that I couldn't find my robber anymore.
So how come that robber is still able to rob me every day, even though I should not appear on his list anymore. Any tricks that I'm not aware of?

Any answer to understanding this would be appreciated.

bald zeemer
07-20-2013, 01:11 AM
Are you entirely sure you didn't attack him before he started hitting you? It certainly seems as if you're on his news feed. Good news for you, news feeds don't last long in PvP events.

JonHanFord
07-20-2013, 01:44 AM
comment on his wall 50times ! ahahahaha

BigMoney
07-20-2013, 01:59 AM
comment on his wall 50times ! ahahahaha

This doesn't work, and it pretty much ensures I will hunt you down.

http://i.imgur.com/epL4hHc.png

punawa
07-20-2013, 02:02 AM
Are you entirely sure you didn't attack him before he started hitting you? It certainly seems as if you're on his news feed. Good news for you, news feeds don't last long in PvP events.
Yes I know I haven't.
Furthermore, even if I did attack him back he could only have a revenge by attacking me too, not robbing me right? But 100% I haven't.
I really don't get it...

bald zeemer
07-20-2013, 02:41 AM
You can easily rob people with higher stats.

Either you're on his newsfeed or he's willing to hunt you. Bear in mind some people turn up on RLs far more often than others.

Haien
07-20-2013, 02:49 AM
When I find a nice hood to rob I put a mental note in my head. Sometimes I refresh the list like a madman to find that nice hood :P

So the answer is simple, you have a tasty hood :)

BigMoney
07-20-2013, 02:50 AM
When I find a nice hood to rob I put a mental note in my head. Sometimes I refresh the list like a madman to find that nice hood :P

So the answer is simple, you have a tasty hood :)

He said that he dropped a lot of mafia though. Unless his stalker did the same, it's likely punawa left his stalker a link and forgot.

punawa
07-20-2013, 04:30 AM
When I had the same number of mafias like my rival, I could find him too by refreshing the list a hundred times or so.
So that I removed half of my mafias, I wasnt able to find him in my RL after refreshing it like a crazy person.

Here I'm talking about being robbed, not attacked. I thought the only trace you let on the news' rival by attacking him was a revenge button giving you the opportunity to attack him back, but not robbing. Anyway for sure I didnt attack him once cause I am a non violent player. I love flowers, animals and rainbows.

So I have no clue how is that even possible...and seeing how many times he robbed me for the last two weeks (about 50?), he is not even leveling up apparently.

bald zeemer
07-20-2013, 04:43 AM
The revenge/rob thing works as follows:
If you win, they have a revenge button that takes them to your hood, as if they'd hit the rob button on their rival list.
If you lose, they have the option to attack you, and once they have attacked you they have a rob button available, from which scenario 1 ensues.

punawa
07-20-2013, 05:27 AM
So in any cases, even though you do not initiate a fight, your opponent will always have a trace of you and can rob or attack you anytime they want whatever level you are or mafias you have? Sounds unfair... Once you've found someone with good buildings, you can follow him everyday till he quits cc.

BigMoney
07-20-2013, 05:41 AM
So in any cases, even though you do not initiate a fight, your opponent will always have a trace of you and can rob or attack you anytime they want whatever level you are or mafias you have? Sounds unfair... Once you've found someone with good buildings, you can follow him everyday till he quits cc.

If someone robbing or attacking you in CC makes you want to quit CC, you should probably quit CC.

punawa
07-20-2013, 05:59 AM
If you don't understand my point, please don't look like a tart to others.
What I am saying is that being attacked or robbed is part of the games. But the fact that if you don't take revenge or attack anyone still allows your opponent to do the same again and again is pointless.

BigMoney
07-20-2013, 06:15 AM
If you don't understand my point, please don't look like a tart to others.
What I am saying is that being attacked or robbed is part of the games. But the fact that if you don't take revenge or attack anyone still allows your opponent to do the same again and again is pointless.

Did you just call me a "tart"? You're right, we should do away with the Rival List entirely. Or better yet, we keep the Rival List, but you are limited to one attack/rob maximum in your CC lifetime. Nobody should ever be allowed to rob or attack you you more than once. That's unfair or something.

Here's a list of thing you could do since you're so bothered by it. In order of least to most ridiculous.

1. Suck it up.
2. Seriously, suck it up. You left him a link, deal with it.
3. Quit gaining XP for a while, your attacker will eventually outgrow you.
4. Gain an absurd amount of XP to level up way past your attacker so that he can't find you on the Rival List any more (even though he's finding you from his newsfeed).
5. Spend an absurd amount of gold getting stronger than your attacker, and flip the tables on him and harass him nonstop.
6. Spend 50 gold to change your name, and change all of your appearance, delete some of your buildings, and rearrange and redecorate your hood. I have this listed as the most ridiculous, because your attacker is on your newsfeed and will find you and your new identity anyway.

Your best option is to just suck it up. People can find you via their Rival List and attack you. If someone posts something really whiny on my wall similar to what you just posted it's pretty likely I will refresh the Rival List and find them again and again. You can't take yourself of the Rival's List, so suck it up, and stop giving people the motivation to find you over and over again. Not that he's finding you over and over again, he's finding you from his newsfeed. Because you attacked him first. Deal with it.

http://i.imgur.com/cOCKDgK.gif

punawa
07-20-2013, 06:46 AM
See, you can answer properly if you want to ;-)
I have never attacked him but like bald zeemer explained it, if the guy loses at least once against me (like he did), indirectly that will leave him a link to come back to me again. That's non sense as I did to move a single finger. Taking the initiative to attack someone is a complete different story and totally understandable.
So I gues that's my turn to find some weaker link with a lot of money buildings and harass him till death ;p

BigMoney
07-20-2013, 06:53 AM
See, you can answer properly if you want to ;-)
I have never attacked him but like bald zeemer explained it, if the guy loses at least once against me (like he did), indirectly that will leave him a link to come back to me again. That's non sense as I did to move a single finger. Taking the initiative to attack someone is a complete different story and totally understandable.
So I gues that's my turn to find some weaker link with a lot of money buildings and harass him till death ;p

No, that's not what bald zeemer explained at all. You can't give yourself a link to someone by attacking them, you can only get a link from someone attacking or robbing you. If this was possible, people would just set themselves up with links to all the high IPH earners, and never have to even bother finding them from the Rival's List.

What bald zeemer explained was that if YOU attack or rob someone, there are two types of links that can be left on THAT PERSON'S newsfeed-- green or red. A green link appears on your feed when someone has failed in attacking or robbing you. A red link appears when someone was successful in attacking or robbing you. On red links, the button reads, "revenge"-- clicking this button takes you to the other person's hood. On a green link, when someone has attacked/robbed you and lost, the button reads "attack." In order to get to someone's hood from a green link, you must first click "attack," and then on the results screen (where it tells you if you won or lost the fight), at the very bottom of that screen will be two buttons-- "rob" and "attack again!" Clicking "rob" will take you to that person's hood.

punawa
07-20-2013, 07:01 AM
No, that's not what bald zeemer explained at all. You can't give yourself a link to someone by attacking them, you can only get a link from someone attacking or robbing you. If this was possible, people would just set themselves up with links to all the high IPH earners, and never have to even bother finding them from the Rival's List.That's why I started this topic to understand how come someone could get my link without me attacking him. Well then in my sleep I have probably attacked someone much stronger than me with my camper account. Still no idea how he got it but I dont see something else.

So thanks for your time :eek: