PDA

View Full Version : Toolkit v1.4b3

Khimsoo
07-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Hi all,

Pardon my slow updates on the toolkit, i have little time to work on it and I working on version 2.0 concurrently.

This is a workaround version for those who are unable to update the toolkit for early testing. you will need iFunbox to install it (jailbreak devices only).

Download test version here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/ld7eobbl55piguv/MWToolv1.4b3.ipa)

In this version, ....
1) fixed Faction bonus bug - previously WD prizes are not allowed to be added. fixed.
2) fixed bug on importing army units - previously, toolkit look for unit name, it is checking for unit id and quantity from this version onwards.
3) temp workaround to update toolkit - allow you to specify the data version to download
4) enhancement: show your #2000th units (if you enter your units manually or ... )
5) minor performance tweak on the army unit page

Please let me know if this update works well, and i will release this version after WD.

Cheers and good luck for upcoming WD.

Hivesy
07-19-2013, 09:08 AM
khimsoo you legend. Thanks for doing this, can't wait for version 2!!

Come and join us on Mav's thread for all the old farts. You count :)

SGT Rud
07-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Khimsoo - I will wait until after the war to get it. My ios is too new for a jailbreak. Can't wait for it though. Are the LE buildings current up until the Queens building?

mickymacirl
07-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Khimsoo - I will wait until after the war to get it. My ios is too new for a jailbreak. Can't wait for it though. Are the LE buildings current up until the Queens building?

As long as you following the instructions, of course.

Mar1usescu
07-20-2013, 01:54 PM
This tool is for Apple users. When will be for Android ?
We need this tool.

Khimsoo
07-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Someone started working on android version. I will let him announce it

candyson
07-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks for letting us know :-)

Ulrich von Bek
07-20-2013, 05:19 PM

That's very good news, looking forward to that.
Cheers

tch9500
07-20-2013, 06:16 PM
How to install?

Hawkwind
07-20-2013, 06:51 PM
When will you release a non-jailbroken version as in reg iOS? I can't jailbreak my phone due to work restrictions for only my work's approved iOS and other devices. Will there be a way to export to a spreadsheet make changes/updates to qty of units then import the changes as in or replace unit data on device with the qty corrected spreadsheet or cvs etc?

Khimsoo
07-22-2013, 08:51 AM
When will you release a non-jailbroken version as in reg iOS? I can't jailbreak my phone due to work restrictions for only my work's approved iOS and other devices. Will there be a way to export to a spreadsheet make changes/updates to qty of units then import the changes as in or replace unit data on device with the qty corrected spreadsheet or cvs etc?

I just released version 1.4 to apple. It may take a week. And yes, I have fixed that issue also. U can export, change the qtt and import the units using csv.

RobertoP
07-22-2013, 12:56 PM
This is great news! My iPhone isn't jail broken either so eagerly waiting the update through App Store.

Adm.J
07-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes! Great news indeed! I've been missing this app immensely!

Hawkwind
07-22-2013, 01:24 PM
I just released version 1.4 to apple. It may take a week. And yes, I have fixed that issue also. U can export, change the qtt and import the units using csv.

Impressive, MOST impressive!

Khimsoo
07-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Just an update that Apple has released toolkit 1.4 in app store for some regions, it will be rolls out to others soon.
Enjoy.

Mmagic
07-27-2013, 04:20 AM
Just got it, thanks so much!

Scrub175
07-27-2013, 08:32 AM
bug report... When I hit the information icon I see the contributor and donate page as I should, but the back button doesn't work. I have to completely close app. iOS 6.

Khimsoo
07-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Ouch, I was playing around with navigation controller for version 2 and forgot to uncomment that part. Thanks.

v8mustang
07-27-2013, 10:05 AM
When adding army unit, EAF Desert Eagle with +10% building output, it doesn't apply changes to the Building Output when in building section. I had to add faction bonus to make up the difference.

Not sure if this is a known issue or if its new to you.

herrrie
07-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Just an update that Apple has released toolkit 1.4 in app store for some regions, it will be rolls out to others soon.
Enjoy.

Thanks Khimsoo, you rock!

Scrub175
07-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Ouch, I was playing around with navigation controller for version 2 and forgot to uncomment that part. Thanks.

I'm trying to learn app development and I understand what you said. cool.

Jarrod904
07-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Glad to have it working again, good job! Helps a ton for future purchase info!

Hawkwind
07-27-2013, 09:36 PM
You said it had export, manually work on quantity on PC spreadsheet then import into the toolkit's DB.

I see the export feature and can email the file to myself, but once I edit qty and want to import it back into the toolkit, how do I import the file? I click import and it just does what it did in prev version and restore but does not let me tell it what file and no info as to placing a file on phone to allow it to grab and import/restore it.

Please advise (my device is iPhone 5 iOS 6, not jail broken, nor can I jailbreak it due to restrictions at my work)

Khimsoo
07-28-2013, 03:36 AM
You said it had export, manually work on quantity on PC spreadsheet then import into the toolkit's DB.

I see the export feature and can email the file to myself, but once I edit qty and want to import it back into the toolkit, how do I import the file? I click import and it just does what it did in prev version and restore but does not let me tell it what file and no info as to placing a file on phone to allow it to grab and import/restore it.

Please advise (my device is iPhone 5 iOS 6, not jail broken, nor can I jailbreak it due to restrictions at my work)

After editing the csv, u need to copy the file back to toolkit. Plug your device into pc / Mac. Activate iTunes and navigate to App tab. Scroll down to look for toolkit app file sharing. Copy your updated csv into toolkit folder.
Go to toolkit, Update Data and Import Data. It should work.

Dutchie
07-28-2013, 03:54 AM
Fantastic job Khimsoo!

Please can you also review the faction bonuses as some can't be incremented and only go to 5 instead of 6.

Many thanks!
Dutchie

Hawkwind
07-28-2013, 03:42 PM
After editing the csv, u need to copy the file back to toolkit. Plug your device into pc / Mac. Activate iTunes and navigate to App tab. Scroll down to look for toolkit app file sharing. Copy your updated csv into toolkit folder.
Go to toolkit, Update Data and Import Data. It should work.

May I presume I need to keep the file name the same as was exported from the toolkit and in excel (in my case) do a save as csv, then use your procedure to get it back to the toolkit? Ok no extension to the file.

Do you have a link to a site or doc on how to best take advantage of the toolkit as in best practices for using it, besides the basics enter the data and keep it up to date, etc? As in best practice workflow to edit the csv file as in how are most folks keeping track of the changing inventory and manually sync it to the toolkit/csv, how folks are using that file, etc.

Thanks!

GeoffW
07-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Its really good to have the Toolkit back in action again Khimsoo, thank you.

I find a problem with data import. On a fresh install I can export the csv file and re-import it without a problem. However, if I update the data using the latest mw_data_version and then export the csv file and reimport it the the toolkit crashes without importing the csv. This happens even though I have in no way modified the csv file. It also used to happen before this latest update (v1.4).

Nullin
07-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Why can't you just hit sync lol and that's it.

warrends
08-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Fantastic app. One data issue I found: For faction bonuses, Health Recovery Time only goes up to 5. In-game we can 6 boosts. Just thought you might want to know. I love this app!!

warrends
08-13-2013, 05:11 PM
OK, and one more thing I think. I clicked the "i" in the top right for the credits. But now it's stuck. The 'back' button doesn't appear to work. Maybe it's just my phone though.

HExXxENBEAST@SUP1
08-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Forgive this question, but I have heard the term 'jail broken' so many times that I have to ask.......what IS a jail broken device. ( I'm assuming I don't have one of those )
I love the Toolkit app, so that's what finally piqued my curiosity once and for all.

lemonhaze
08-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Forgive this question, but I have heard the term 'jail broken' so many times that I have to ask.......what IS a jail broken device. ( I'm assuming I don't have one of those )
I love the Toolkit app, so that's what finally piqued my curiosity once and for all.iOS jailbreaking is the process of removing the limitations on Apple devices running the iOS operating system through the use of software and hardware exploits.

Trebor
08-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Jail broken devices are what the hackers use. Jail broken devices with the right files let you have anything you ever wanted including a ban if you get caught

Adm.J
08-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Go to toolkit, Update Data and Import Data. It should work.Sorry, but it's not working. Like was previously said, it will work with a fresh install, but if you update the data version, export the .csv, and then try to update your units externally, the import will fail.

Adm.J
08-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Just to confirm, I can export, edit, and import back the original dataset all day long. But once the dataset is changed from anything other than mw_20130712_1, it crashes on import. It will export updated datasets, but it can not re-import them at all.

Colonel Riptide
08-21-2013, 10:21 AM
nice job kimsoo you make playing the game easier hats off but fix the crashes :(

GeoffW
08-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Just to confirm, I can export, edit, and import back the original dataset all day long. But once the dataset is changed from anything other than mw_20130712_1, it crashes on import. It will export updated datasets, but it can not re-import them at all.
Agreed, as per my post on 28 July, the toolkit crashes on import of any csv file except mw_20130712_1.

Dansgek
08-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Any news on the android version?

Adm.J
08-27-2013, 03:32 AM
Bumping with an additional question. When looking at the exported sheet, it seems to apply boosts randomly. For example, the sheet shows an attack boost of 8% and a defense boost of 10% for my air units.

I have a level 7 Hangar (14%), Shrike Superiority Fighter (10%), and Warlord Siege Tank (3%) on attack.

I have a level 7 Hangar (14%), level 9 Composite (18%), and level 3 faction boost (15%) on defense.

What boosts are being factored in here?

Ex SUP likes Frogs
08-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi all,

Pardon my slow updates on the toolkit, i have little time to work on it and I working on version 2.0 concurrently.

This is a workaround version for those who are unable to update the toolkit for early testing. you will need iFunbox to install it (jailbreak devices only).

Download test version here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/ld7eobbl55piguv/MWToolv1.4b3.ipa)

In this version, ....
1) fixed Faction bonus bug - previously WD prizes are not allowed to be added. fixed.
2) fixed bug on importing army units - previously, toolkit look for unit name, it is checking for unit id and quantity from this version onwards.
3) temp workaround to update toolkit - allow you to specify the data version to download
4) enhancement: show your #2000th units (if you enter your units manually or ... )
5) minor performance tweak on the army unit page

Please let me know if this update works well, and i will release this version after WD.

Cheers and good luck for upcoming WD.

Why do you keep promoting this H##CK##NG app? Wasnt it reported to iTunes yet?

General Steakfries
08-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Love the app, I just can't add my veteran ranger, coastal helicarrier, or wave gunner. I also can't remove units from my inventory (as in they stay there at quantity 0). Looking forward to v2.0!

GeoffW
09-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Love the app, I just can't add my veteran ranger, coastal helicarrier, or wave gunner. I also can't remove units from my inventory (as in they stay there at quantity 0). Looking forward to v2.0!
You just need to update the data, then those units will be included.
Removing units from your inventory as you put it is same as setting quantity to 0. If you were able to remove them completely you wouldn't be able to include a new unit when you obtained it.

General Steakfries
09-04-2013, 07:39 PM
You just need to update the data, then those units will be included.
Removing units from your inventory as you put it is same as setting quantity to 0. If you were able to remove them completely you wouldn't be able to include a new unit when you obtained it.

They are included in their appropriate categories, they just won't change from quantity zero. I can see why you cannot remove the units, it just screws up my unit count when I accidentally add an incorrect indestructible and remove it, but I can live with that. My main problem is my stats are off by a few thousand now because of the boosts I have applied to those specific units.

Rotti
09-05-2013, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the toolkit. It's a great resource

GingerRichard
09-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Can I too extend my thanks.

Mongo
09-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Not to sound like an idiot, but I realized in another thread that you can update the dataset in the non-jailbroken version, which at least updates the buildings to include all the LEs and probably other nifty changes. You need to have your MW version from the "more"-"about" tab on your game, then go to "more" in the toolkit and enter the update according to the formatting instruction and voila.

Who dares wins
09-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Not worth jailbreaking phones