PDA

View Full Version : Defense leader, does it affect matchups?

kguittar
07-19-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm curious if your DL has any bearing on the matchups. I know it's supposed to be on overall faction strength, but I just am not sure if the DL is factored in. Our DL is MUCH higher than the rest of our faction, I would hate to get destroyed bc of it.

jchow69
07-19-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm curious if your DL has any bearing on the matchups. I know it's supposed to be on overall faction strength, but I just am not sure if the DL is factored in. Our DL is MUCH higher than the rest of our faction, I would hate to get destroyed bc of it.

I think so, our dl is over 1 million in stats and most of us are at 200 and 300k stats.

kguittar
07-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Have you been noticing a lot of people outside your attack range during battles then?

SGT Rud
07-19-2013, 08:49 AM
We have done the same thing. High stat DL and everyone else is low. It sould not matter. The way the match up happens ( at least that we know about) is they add everyones attack and defense together and match you up to a faction similiar. Nobodyy has really determined the plus or minus range.

jchow69
07-19-2013, 08:57 AM
I remembered our faction in Madagascar (we were 120 on Madagascar) faced up with Joy Killers for our first battle.

sraghav42
07-19-2013, 09:03 AM
I believe the matchups are made by current faction rank during the wd event, you will face faction who have almost same points as your own faction

SGT Rud
07-19-2013, 09:26 AM
Faction match ups -

These will occur in one of three ways (that we know about, in this order)

1 - The system will add your atk/def of all your members and match up to a faction with similiar atk/def.

After a given time period of not finding a match,

2 - The system will look for a faction with similiar WD points

But will still be searching for atk/def match as well, after the time passes,

3 - The stystem will find you a first come first serve basis.

KFH
07-19-2013, 10:09 AM
we have a de leader well above most on our team and we still get the random battles, last time our first was against a lv 20 then it evened out and we got some easy faction and some difficult ones. pretty sure Rud has it spot on, but got to say #3 is how it seem they pick most of the battles

SGT Rud
07-19-2013, 10:21 AM
we have a de leader well above most on our team and we still get the random battles, last time our first was against a lv 20 then it evened out and we got some easy faction and some difficult ones. pretty sure Rud has it spot on, but got to say #3 is how it seem they pick most of the battles

I am not sure the time line of when the system will begin the search to include item 2 then item 3, but it would be nice to know. It does seem kinda random at times. If the system is looking for item 3, it is also looking for item 1 and 2, it is just which ever item comes first. I am sure there are other variables involved with the entire selection process, but the stats of any single member (such as the DL) would have no bearing in the selection, other than item one. The time line would probably only be 3-4 minutes from item to item. Some wait times have been reported up to 15-20 minutes.

During the first battle of the WD event, with an odd number of factions, the wait time could be up to an hour, as thats the duration of every battle, however with time zones and fation activity, makes this scenario highly unlikely.

jchow69
07-19-2013, 10:23 AM
My second account is in a potential top 500 faction and dl has 1.1 million defense, lol.

KFH
07-19-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm always shocked when i Pa a de leader and win, it's a nice surprise but still i never expect it

Jhenry02
07-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Faction match ups -

These will occur in one of three ways (that we know about, in this order)

1 - The system will add your atk/def of all your members and match up to a faction with similiar atk/def.

After a given time period of not finding a match,

2 - The system will look for a faction with similiar WD points

But will still be searching for atk/def match as well, after the time passes,

3 - The stystem will find you a first come first serve basis.

I can't buy this. Our first matchup was against a 22 man faction where our DL and myself had higher stats than their whole faction.
Maybe if its (faction total)/members, I might believe it.

SGT Rud
07-19-2013, 12:24 PM
I can't buy this. Our first matchup was against a 22 man faction where our DL and myself had higher stats than their whole faction.
Maybe if its (faction total)/members, I might believe it.

These three premise have been the ones widely accepted on this forum since Brazil. However, for the first battle, where are your WD points = 0, so where is your opponents points = 0, how long did it take to match you up< did it fill criteria for item 2? Item 3?

As I have stated in several threads before, it is whats widely accepted as faction match up by the players. It is not set in stone as the methods used by Gree, just what everyone assumes is used by Gree. Which is the most common is item 1. However, there are probably other variables included, that we, as players, dont know exactly how it works. Maybe someone does and would like to share.

FunzioPlayer
07-20-2013, 11:25 PM
So, I take it these criteria have never been confirmed by he developers?

Chikin
07-21-2013, 01:23 AM
I hit power attack 3 times.
DL was Lower than me. all 3 times.

So I wasted 9 attacks by doing that

cwayeharris
07-21-2013, 11:18 PM
I hit power attack 3 times.
DL was Lower than me. all 3 times.

So I wasted 9 attacks by doing that

1) A PA uses all of your health (it has to be full first) - equal to 4 hits (NOT 3)
2) If you PA the DL twice, WIN OR LOSE, the DL is taken down, so once they are down they are a normal rival they are no longer the DL for that battle... SO technically you can only PA them twice.
3) If your attack showed higher than their defence, you should win (with the exceptopn of the occassional iOS screw up) - but generally you win
4) You would have to spend gold to PA the DL twice (unless nobody else in your faction does anything other than wait 30 minutes plus for you to hit the DL again) - I doubt very much you are spending gold based on this post and several others of yours.

So you're probably attacking the DL rather than power attack.
If you are showing up with higher stats, but not winning, your probably experiencing the iOS "display glitch"

Specialized
07-21-2013, 11:30 PM
It does not. Your faction ranking at that time matters. For example if you are top 250, you will be matched up with someone there. If most of them are already at war, you will be lucky and get weaker factions or really BUFF factions. I checked Poland and the factions my faction came across. All really close to our rank and to be honest most of the wars were a fair match up and advantageous.

Speed ump
07-21-2013, 11:51 PM
We found the reverse today. A dl at lvl37 and the rest of the faction much higher and stronger

I am a cow
07-22-2013, 03:13 AM
We found the reverse today. A dl at lvl37 and the rest of the faction much higher and stronger

Must a trap! did you spring the trap?

Wai
07-22-2013, 05:15 AM
What is the actual rather than perceived benefit of having a DL with relative high stats as opposed to a DL with relative low stats for your general faction grouping?

SGT Rud
07-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Ok, I sent in a ticket to Gree, and got the following reply in regards to how the match-ups occur.

1.) The overall strength of your faction. The sum of your factions power will be compared to the sum of the other factions power when looking for potential match-ups.

2.) The factions WD ranking. This is based on how well you are doing in the contest.

3.) How many match-ups you have had with the faction during the event.

As this time goes on without a match-up, the parameters will slightly relax.

Cmputrgbln
07-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Does this mean Gree no longer just add up A/D of members online at time at declaration but A/D of ALL members in each faction?

SGT Rud
07-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Correct, as all members have the ability to defend whether online or not. All faction members are added together, then matched to a faction with similiar numbers. Gree did not state what the + or - values are, but in the email they did state to comment back for more questions.