PDA

View Full Version : Resetting a game.

KYXR
07-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Hello first of all this is not me resetting my main crime city account I would never do that, however I do wish to reset the game on another Idevice that I own, my old iPhone 3G. I have already sent a ticket into GREE about three weeks to a month ago but I received no reply and the chracter still exists. I have also restored my phone, still no luck. The reason I'm doing this is because I had created that character a year ago, did some quick levelling up and left it. As you can see, I recently came back to the game, but on my new device. I would like to start fresh on my old device also as a second character, but I have destroyed my old profile and don't wish to continue playing unless I can reset the game.
Anyone know how to?

crazymac
07-18-2013, 07:15 PM
factory reset does charms

KYXR
07-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Tried that.

KYXR
07-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Well, in iTunes it says restore so I clicked that then it downloaded some stuff, extracted and then I put the game on it again. No difference.

sister morphine
07-18-2013, 10:10 PM
iPhone 3G can't take the more recent versions of crime city, so you wouldn't be able to access syndicates and all that stuff. I tried to start a third account on my old phone :(

candyson
07-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Well, in iTunes it says restore so I clicked that then it downloaded some stuff, extracted and then I put the game on it again. No difference.
Don't restore your data, that's pretty much transferring your account.

crazymac
07-18-2013, 10:31 PM
did u do setting /general/ erases all that will erase everything on phone and once u download game again u should have new character .....be warn everything on phone will be deleted

tstok
07-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Transfer your (or someone elses) account into the iPhone 3G that you want reset, and then transfer that account back to it's original device. That should leave your 3G without an account, and will allow you to start fresh.

panty sniffer
07-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Transfer your (or someone elses) account into the iPhone 3G that you want reset, and then transfer that account back to it's original device. That should leave your 3G without an account, and will allow you to start fresh.

You beat me to it tstok. Except he doesn't need to do the first part since theres already an account on it that he wants off. Just strip the account from the device you want to start a fresh character on by transferring it to another. You will get either a lvl1 character named Alex or CC will start all over from tutorial.

Edit: IOS has a different way of transferring just recently so I'm not sure if me and tstok said will work anymore. Heard you use ICloud or something for transfer which I know nothing about,. sorry. I know droid users can do it though.

sister morphine
07-19-2013, 12:57 AM
Yup, I guess that was done to stop people transferring accounts over to another player? Just seems to have brought a host of problems from what I've been hearing

KYXR
07-19-2013, 05:57 AM
Thanks for all of your help, I will look into the iCloud thing now, although I thought ICloud was for the automatic transfer of photos, music etc from your phone to your pc. I could be wrong.