PDA

View Full Version : Best money buildings to buy?

tch9500
07-18-2013, 01:21 PM
I really wanna increase my IPH so i can buy better money buildings like the LE buildings and expand my land. I currently am level 60 with only like 150k IPH, what's good buildings to earn some money :)

jchow69
07-18-2013, 01:23 PM
I really wanna increase my IPH so i can buy better money buildings like the LE buildings and expand my land. I currently am level 60 with only like 150k IPH, what's good buildings to earn some money :)

If you can afford, get the LE building, the Queensland Barracks.

KFH
07-18-2013, 01:36 PM
My favorites are the water buildings, desalination plant and oil rig. they have cheap upgrades for lots of gain, just not sure what level you have to be.
also natural gas plant is a good one to keep upgrading

manlikesam
07-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Buy two off all money buildings! If you just want your iPh to go up look at the next income while upgrading but if you want max gain go for the oil rigs and oil refinery, recycling plants , nanotech buildings and the one builongs

swag
07-18-2013, 01:50 PM
60 is more than enough for the water buildings, oil rig is a definite favourite

S&H Max
07-18-2013, 02:09 PM
yep oil rig are a good place to start if you cant afford the LE, also make sure to upgrade only the 12/24/48H buildings as the other have a harder scedule to collect, you dont want a big number for IPH you want to colelct the maximum you can each day!

P-TeCH
07-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Best money buildings in every aspect are the LE buildings. The usually pay out more, upgrade cheaper and faster and have a better return on investment.

With 150k IPH you will hardly be able to afford one so I would suggest you work your way up with the standard money buildings. Natural Gas Plants, Supply Depots and Recylcing Plants, Ore Mines and Oil refinerys are a smooth and cheap way to start. Keep upgrading those as long as upgrade times aren't ridiculously long. If you go along well with 12 hour buildings buy some chemical plants and desalination plants too. Then try to lay hands on two oil rigs, these are expensive to buy and upgrade but they are the key building to grow IPH if you ask me. Try to get them as high as possible, at least to Lvl 4. Then you should've reached an IPH of about 500k which would give you the opportunity to get LE buildings. Or some other expensive buildings like Space Center (12 mill) or Nanotech factory (20 mill).

Basically you should ALWAYS be doing an upgrade, constructing a building and expanding a spot at least until you reach 500 - 700k IPH. Keep an eye on the money building schedules, its not worth it to upgrade buildings with a collect time below 6 hours. You will always miss payouts of those, as you have to sleep sometime. Patience and a bit of strategy is key to a big IPH.

btw if you want to know how much the construction of a building or an upgrade affects your IPH, you just take the buildings income (or the upgrade's extra income compared to the actual lvl) and divide it through the collect time in hours.

AlexFoo
07-18-2013, 05:40 PM
first helpful thread (non event related) I've read on here in ages. Nice job guys.

Socks
07-18-2013, 05:52 PM
How is that even possible? My LLP has a seven digit IPH, and I feel like I'm not living up to my potential.

McNasti
07-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Do not upgrade supply depots or armories. Do not buy any defense buildings as they're pointless. Do not upgrade oil derricks, storage silos, or windmills beyond 4. Only upgrade 12/24/48 hour buildings and while you are saving for those, upgrade boost buildings and unit buildings. Do not upgrade your concrete building either.

Oil rigs, ore mines, recycling plants, oil refineries, and desalination plants are where you should focus your upgrades. Always be upgrading, building, and expanding your vault.

BostonHammer
07-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Do not upgrade supply depots or armories. Do not buy any defense buildings as they're pointless. Do not upgrade oil derricks, storage silos, or windmills beyond 4. Only upgrade 12/24/48 hour buildings and while you are saving for those, upgrade boost buildings and unit buildings. Do not upgrade your concrete building either.

Oil rigs, ore mines, recycling plants, oil refineries, and desalination plants are where you should focus your upgrades. Always be upgrading, building, and expanding your vault.

I agree about the 12/24/48 buildings and upgrading your vault but I do disagree about the cement building. My lvl 10 cement building has saved me over a billion dollars (conservatively). It saved me over 250 million on this LE building alone.

stephen2013
07-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Oil rigs are the best 24 hour building by far.
Also go for the nanotech once you can, but desal. Plants are good too. (12 hr buildings)
I prefer the oil refinery but the ore mine has cheaper upgrades.

Most importantly, ALWAY be upgrading something! Time is crucial in this game and will only help you raise your IPH faster! I gained IPH slowly until around 350k, then for some reason my IPH exploded to 750k-1M very quickly. From then on it gets easier and easier. Good luck man!

v8mustang
07-18-2013, 09:52 PM
If you are on iOS, you can use MW Toolkit to help you find whichever has the best gain or following the cost. That way you know how much your IPH can go up too. See future cost and how long upgrade will take.

Just be warned though, you can't update it anymore, but can still download it.

What everybody else said here is a spot on.

candyson
07-18-2013, 10:37 PM
If your munitions stockpiles aren't level 10 yet, get them up to that while upgrading your vault and cement factory. After that, save up for oil rigs and upgrade them to level 4 while still upgrading your vault and cement factory. After that, you will be able to afford LTBs.
Also, don't level, unless you decide to stick with a low ally amount, to avoid constant attackers.

Tito89
07-18-2013, 10:40 PM
my favorite for cost/gain ratio-recycling plant. cheap and good daily amounts

Col Mustard
07-18-2013, 10:55 PM

Agree with most, however def buildings are not pointless. I have 3 rail guns and i always continue to buy them. when the LE buildings are available I sell around 6 (they cost 6M to buy, 3M to sell), that gets me and extra 18M over my vault for when I max my vault out. this avoids having to sell $$ buildings.

Blade of 3
07-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Oil rigs will always be my favorite. Easy to keep track of because you can check the same time each day. My iph went up a ton when I got both of them to 6. 4 mil a day alone.

MrJlumanji
07-19-2013, 01:46 AM
If it isn't a LE building, the Oil Rig is the best bang for your buck.

lemonhaze
07-19-2013, 04:03 AM

Oil rigs, ore mines, recycling plants, oil refineries, and desalination plants are where you should focus your upgrades. Always be upgrading, building, and expanding your vault. the def builds are not pointless dude..i got them and i have mine upgradeed to 10 and i got 20k extra def bc of that..and ur nuts to not upgrade ur cemet factory it has saved me alot..add that 10% in with all the other upgrade cost red u get and it runs into the millions as boston hammer said..i think the jinai is the best bank for ya buck its very cheap to upgrade and after u get past lvl 5 it gives out 3m ever 24 hr..cant wait to see what lvl 7 btings me..i was dumb i seen it only prodiced 200k at frist but when i started upgradeing it i was shocked to see how fast and how cheap it was to upgrade and it pumps out the cash

McNasti
07-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Remember people this guy has a 150k iph. Don't buy defense buildings until you have all of the money buildings. My guess is you don't because 150k is tiny. There could be a point to defense buildings if you need the extra cash to buy LE buildings but this guy is a long way from being able to do that so they're useless. With 150k IPH at level 60 I'm also guessing your attack is really weak so it's not like he's going to be able to raid anyone for money. Spending 5 mil on a rail gun is a waste of his money because he should be getting his money buildings upgraded to a point where he needs that 5 mil to get to the next level. Dumping your cash into defense buildings is a terrible idea.

McNasti
07-19-2013, 04:26 AM
the def builds are not pointless dude..i got them and i have mine upgradeed to 10 and i got 20k extra def bc of that..and ur nuts to not upgrade ur cemet factory it has saved me alot..add that 10% in with all the other upgrade cost red u get and it runs into the millions as boston hammer said..i think the jinai is the best bank for ya buck its very cheap to upgrade and after u get past lvl 5 it gives out 3m ever 24 hr..cant wait to see what lvl 7 btings me..i was dumb i seen it only prodiced 200k at frist but when i started upgradeing it i was shocked to see how fast and how cheap it was to upgrade and it pumps out the cash

You're going to tell a guy with 150k iph that he should waste his upgrade time on defense buildings and the cement factory? Really?

jchow69
07-19-2013, 06:43 AM
Getting the Queensland Barracks is best cuz you collect every two days and it pays a much higher net of income.

Zulfiqaar
07-19-2013, 07:21 AM
You're going to tell a guy with 150k iph that he should waste his upgrade time on defense buildings and the cement factory? Really?

defense buildings..maybe
cement factory, definetely worth it

Zulfiqaar
07-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Remember people this guy has a 150k iph. Don't buy defense buildings until you have all of the money buildings. My guess is you don't because 150k is tiny. There could be a point to defense buildings if you need the extra cash to buy LE buildings but this guy is a long way from being able to do that so they're useless. With 150k IPH at level 60 I'm also guessing your attack is really weak so it's not like he's going to be able to raid anyone for money. Spending 5 mil on a rail gun is a waste of his money because he should be getting his money buildings upgraded to a point where he needs that 5 mil to get to the next level. Dumping your cash into defense buildings is a terrible idea.

at level 60, i had around 130-150k iph. Now at lvl 80 i have 300k iph. and i made 42 million cash in a few hours. quite often those with small iph have high stats as they attack/raid
My income was worse than his, and ive got every single le building since i started, some even upgraded

its not impossible, it takes a bit of strategy, a bit more skill, and patience with time and force closes..youll get there eventually

Tito89
07-19-2013, 07:32 AM
at level 60, i had around 130-150k iph. Now at lvl 80 i have 300k iph. and i made 42 million cash in a few hours. quite often those with small iph have high stats as they attack/raid
My income was worse than his, and ive got every single le building since i started, some even upgraded

its not impossible, it takes a bit of strategy, a bit more skill, and patience with time and force closes..youll get there eventually

one thing, human nature suggests time has a short fuse.

Zulfiqaar
07-19-2013, 07:55 AM
one thing, human nature suggests time has a short fuse.
true..ive got no idea how campers manage to camp withput getting bored..i play strategy but pure turtling is downright impossible for me..

Tito89
07-19-2013, 07:59 AM
true..ive got no idea how campers manage to camp withput getting bored..i play strategy but pure turtling is downright impossible for me..

camping is (in my opinion) a way to deal with many mmo games. for instance being active on 3 different games is hard but when you camp its easier to manage. theres my 2 cents

McNasti
07-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Just guessing here, but I'd say the majority of people who have 150k iph at level 60 are not good at this game (or should I say not strong) and have poor attack/defense stats. That means they can only raid people with poor defense who are also not very "good" at this game and have low iph along with it.

I'm not going to harp on this any further, but telling a guy with 150k iph that he should spend the next month upgrading his cement factory instead of upgrading money buildings is a really, really stupid idea. Wait until you are doing huge upgrades (over 100 mil) before you are concerned about wasting a month out of this game just to get a 10 percent cost reduction (which up until that point can easily be covered by raiding here and there).

jchow69
07-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Just guessing here, but I'd say the majority of people who have 150k iph at level 60 are not good at this game (or should I say not strong) and have poor attack/defense stats. That means they can only raid people with poor defense who are also not very "good" at this game and have low iph along with it.

I'm not going to harp on this any further, but telling a guy with 150k iph that he should spend the next month upgrading his cement factory instead of upgrading money buildings is a really, really stupid idea. Wait until you are doing huge upgrades (over 100 mil) before you are concerned about wasting a month out of this game just to get a 10 percent cost reduction (which up until that point can easily be covered by raiding here and there).

My IPH is terrible, but my stats are okay for my level.

swag
07-19-2013, 08:36 AM
I don't see how people who raid for income can possibly have better stats than campers who have IPH instead. The XP gains from raiding could be used for events where stat gains are huge. A good raid of a few million just isn't worth the xp for me, where patience will get you that in a few hours from your buildings

Thief
07-19-2013, 08:47 AM
I agree about the 12/24/48 buildings and upgrading your vault but I do disagree about the cement building. My lvl 10 cement building has saved me over a billion dollars (conservatively). It saved me over 250 million on this LE building alone.

Hahaha i remember it was one of the first buildings i got to lvl 10. In hindsight that was a bad idea at the time. I mean don't get me wrong as soon as the AC came out it has been paying Dividends ever since but there was 6 months that i was trying to pay it off and the amount of time it took to get to lvl 10 wasn't worth it back then. Lol what is your IPH these days Hammer? I think the argument can be made to get your cement factory to a lvl 5 for the time being (when you are trying to save money for a bigger upgrade). Once your IPH reaches 500k then i would consider upping it to a lvl 7-8 and once it reaches 1 million i would consider going for 9 & 10. Obviously everything is situational because its a great way to help you save money but it depends if you want the cement factory more than you want to upgrade a boost building.

McNasti
07-19-2013, 08:48 AM
I raided for income to get my high iph. I also used that money to buy 1000 B52s and 1500 surveillance drones.....and started this when I was about level 60

Thief
07-19-2013, 08:49 AM
I don't see how people who raid for income can possibly have better stats than campers who have IPH instead. The XP gains from raiding could be used for events where stat gains are huge. A good raid of a few million just isn't worth the xp for me, where patience will get you that in a few hours from your buildings

Depends on your play style.
There is no substitution for gold. Also some have been playing for alot longer and then come out of camping mode.
Attacking gets you Valor so some use that to get more units.

In the end though yes the person who camps (participates only in key quests/events) theoretically will be better situated against the oppents he/she has.

McNasti
07-19-2013, 08:52 AM

Yeah but with the way things have gone with the game in the last 4 months, campers get left behind and become nothing short of cash cows for people who participate in all the events without worrying about xp gains. Camping makes you a bigger target with each passing day. I appreciate it though, I've raided billions and billions from campers who can't hit me back because their stats are too poor.

swag
07-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Yeah but with the way things have gone with the game in the last 4 months, campers get left behind and become nothing short of cash cows for people who participate in all the events without worrying about xp gains. Camping makes you a bigger target with each passing day. I appreciate it though, I've raided billions and billions from campers who can't hit me back because their stats are too poor.

Theoretically, they're using 100% of their xp on bosses and other events, while people who raid might be only using 80% of their xp for events and 20% for income. Seems like campers stats/lvl should be higher. Plus for some reason I only get raided like once a month and hit like 2 times a week

McNasti
07-19-2013, 09:11 AM
If you're getting over 400k per hit I'd say the XP gains are totally worth it. I only raid and don't hit any buildings that pay out less than 350k on the first hit. I never attack people for their income as 12 hits for 3.6 is hardly worth the XP. If you follow that strategy, you can jack up your iph pretty quickly and have a lot of money for units if needed

McNasti
07-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Theoretically, they're using 100% of their xp on bosses and other events, while people who raid might be only using 80% of their xp for events and 20% for income. Seems like campers stats/lvl should be higher. Plus for some reason I only get raided like once a month and hit like 2 times a week

What's your iph?

Thief
07-19-2013, 09:41 AM
If you're getting over 400k per hit I'd say the XP gains are totally worth it. I only raid and don't hit any buildings that pay out less than 350k on the first hit. I never attack people for their income as 12 hits for 3.6 is hardly worth the XP. If you follow that strategy, you can jack up your iph pretty quickly and have a lot of money for units if needed

That is generally what i do when i go for income unless i'm in a pinch and need it ASAP.

The problem with your previous statement is its all relative to who your going up against. Some campers have been playing since the beggining are under lvl 100 and have stats that are VERY large because they only participate in the Boss events and WD events. They have an IPH in the millions and would be hard pressed to be beaten by anyone who is at the same lvl as them.

In addition if they are active enough then they just collect their money buildings on time. Usually anyone can take me for 3.6 million...but rarely can they take me for my 12/24/48 buildings.

Finally even if you find someone who has alot of money buildings to hit if they are camping while your gaining XP in a short period of time you will no longer have them on your rivals list. (thus the campe is safe again)

swag
07-19-2013, 09:48 AM
What's your iph?

800k @ lvl 48 so ~10-15m a day

McNasti
07-19-2013, 10:09 AM
That is generally what i do when i go for income unless i'm in a pinch and need it ASAP.

The problem with your previous statement is its all relative to who your going up against. Some campers have been playing since the beggining are under lvl 100 and have stats that are VERY large because they only participate in the Boss events and WD events. They have an IPH in the millions and would be hard pressed to be beaten by anyone who is at the same lvl as them.

In addition if they are active enough then they just collect their money buildings on time. Usually anyone can take me for 3.6 million...but rarely can they take me for my 12/24/48 buildings.

Finally even if you find someone who has alot of money buildings to hit if they are camping while your gaining XP in a short period of time you will no longer have them on your rivals list. (thus the campe is safe again)

Gold spend certainly has a lot to do with it as well. I would also track my levelling to make sure I wasn't ranking that much further beyond my cows unless I found new ones to replace them. I would attack the same people for months. There's one guy I've been attacking since March lol.

Most of the campers that I've run across who are not gold spenders just complain about the good ole days when they were untouchable. Now they get raided on a daily basis and have to keep their buildings on timers. I talk to all of my cows and most of them say the same thing. I'm level 105 so it's not like I'm in the 200s or something. I only started playing in January.

swag
07-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Those campers have probably been around for a long time and gained most of their levels when units were nothing compared to the stats they were now. When I first started playing the game, rewards for common on boss units were probably only 25/25 and rares were 100/100 (RIP mortar soldier). The campers who got their xp from doing those events and stopped since will only get weaker and weaker. I even remember when Ferr's top 5 units were only 2k/2k, and he dropped to 1 ally for some reason and people still couldn't beat him. Before, stats of 1k/lvl made you a god as a free player. Now, you are in the weaker 50%. If the lvl 100s you fight continue to camp and not gain levels, they will probably have the stats equivalent of a lvl 50 in a few months

Edit: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41556-Lowering-my-allies.-Feel-free-to-attack-raid.&highlight=ferr+ally

Found the link - people were so weak back then :/

BostonHammer
07-19-2013, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=Thief;875665] Lol what is your IPH these days Hammer?

Thief, that information is confidential. ;-)

Just checked my allies and it doesn't we are. All that time fighting together in the same faction and weren't allies. can you send me your code?

PITA4PRES
07-19-2013, 11:31 AM

What you do is alternate what you upgrade. Do a few upgrades of money buildings and then upgrade the cement factory.Over time that will save a lot of money, which will make it cheaper and easier to purchase and upgrade other buildings. I agree with the defense building logic but think you are way off on the cement factory.

tch9500
07-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Best money buildings in every aspect are the LE buildings. The usually pay out more, upgrade cheaper and faster and have a better return on investment.

With 150k IPH you will hardly be able to afford one so I would suggest you work your way up with the standard money buildings. Natural Gas Plants, Supply Depots and Recylcing Plants, Ore Mines and Oil refinerys are a smooth and cheap way to start. Keep upgrading those as long as upgrade times aren't ridiculously long. If you go along well with 12 hour buildings buy some chemical plants and desalination plants too. Then try to lay hands on two oil rigs, these are expensive to buy and upgrade but they are the key building to grow IPH if you ask me. Try to get them as high as possible, at least to Lvl 4. Then you should've reached an IPH of about 500k which would give you the opportunity to get LE buildings. Or some other expensive buildings like Space Center (12 mill) or Nanotech factory (20 mill).

Basically you should ALWAYS be doing an upgrade, constructing a building and expanding a spot at least until you reach 500 - 700k IPH. Keep an eye on the money building schedules, its not worth it to upgrade buildings with a collect time below 6 hours. You will always miss payouts of those, as you have to sleep sometime. Patience and a bit of strategy is key to a big IPH.

btw if you want to know how much the construction of a building or an upgrade affects your IPH, you just take the buildings income (or the upgrade's extra income compared to the actual lvl) and divide it through the collect time in hours.
Thanks :) Will try but at my level its hard to upgrade hence things cost about 6k and i dont make that much.

Thief
07-19-2013, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=Thief;875665] Lol what is your IPH these days Hammer?

Thief, that information is confidential. ;-)

Just checked my allies and it doesn't we are. All that time fighting together in the same faction and weren't allies. can you send me your code?

Of course i see this AFTER i look through 500 allies searching for you.
Yea i'll send you a PM for sure. I don't know how many hundreds of pending i have right now though.

cage
07-19-2013, 12:36 PM
I've never sold a building before... if you sell a building that cost 5 million raw, but you bought it for 4.5 million, do you get 2.5 million or 2.25 million for it? What if you have upgraded the cement factory since you bought it... I guess all this boils down to this: do you get half the current cost, price paid or full price?

Highland Cam
07-19-2013, 12:42 PM
I've never sold a building before... if you sell a building that cost 5 million raw, but you bought it for 4.5 million, do you get 2.5 million or 2.25 million for it? What if you have upgraded the cement factory since you bought it... I guess all this boils down to this: do you get half the current cost, price paid or full price?

You get half of the full price

SGT Rud
07-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Yep. The toolkit will bounce you from the oil rigs to the nanos back and forth. Oil rigs from 2 to 3 then nanos from 1 to 2 then switch hit between the rigs and nanos.

xVeng3anc3
07-19-2013, 09:38 PM
If time isn't a factor, Recycling Plants are extremely good. Lvl 7 to 8 upgrade costs only 24 mil, but increases the output by about 170k. Impressive. My favorite is still the Oil Rig. Lvl 6 plus 30% more cash, and you get almost 3 million per day, times 2 buildings!

Zulfiqaar
07-19-2013, 09:46 PM
If time isn't a factor, Recycling Plants are extremely good. Lvl 7 to 8 upgrade costs only 24 mil, but increases the output by about 170k. Impressive. My favorite is still the Oil Rig. Lvl 6 plus 30% more cash, and you get almost 3 million per day, times 2 buildings!

oilrigs increase output by 175k for 4m, a sixth of what you said for recycling plant...i personally think oilrigs are imbalanced:
An oilrig costs 4-5m & gives 175k a day. a nuke plant costs 7-8m and gives 200k a day, or 175k (sane as oilrig) only if you collect 21hrs daily...it really should be oilrigs output 150k and nuclear plants output 30k...makes more sense.
but im happy with my oilrigs though :)

Socks
07-20-2013, 07:52 AM

A "good raid of a few million"?

I'm raiding $5-$10 million at a time. Easily worth it. Campers are fun.

And anyone bashing the cement factory is poor at calculating finances.

Rade
07-20-2013, 03:54 PM
I thought this thread was going to be filled with calculations and numbers, but I looked through it and it's mostly opinions with some numbers. This is not really an opinionated topic since it deals with straight numbers.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudG1NaFdaQUp5QlowT0RqS1Z2bll6Z UE&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=21
Look at the hourly outputs of each building. The top 5 are:
(1) Nanotech Factory at lvl 10 $500,000
(2) Space Center at lvl 10 $318,750
(3) Nuclear Power Plant at lvl 10 $250,000
(4) Electric Power Plant at lvl 10 $240,000
(5) Oil Rig at lvl 10 $218,750

This excludes the Geothermal Plant and Diamond Mine since these building can only be bought with gold.
Obviously this still is not enough information to go off of because not everyone can afford these buildings, but it is a start. As for the Cement Factory, the sooner you get it, the more money you save as time goes on.

FunzioPlayer
07-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Thank you all for the advises.

vball
07-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Did not read back through the whole thing, but here is my suggestion.

1. The LE buildings are by far the best bang. They not only have very good outputs, but their upgrade time is much less. The downside is they are expensive and limited.

2. If your goal is an LE building, which if I was new it would be, then continue to build up your IPH with traditional buildings and max out your vault.

Upgrading items such as the cement factory will help out as well.

Hope it helps.

Erkensang
07-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Try for some oil rigs and then nanotechs! I am also trying to get my electric power plant up to 10 because i hear it pays out a lot every hour

Auspex
07-21-2013, 04:38 AM
Just found this thread and thought it was pretty decent information. Being an X-camper (stopped once the LTQ's and huge Gree giveaways began), I'd have to say that Cement Factory to 10 is about the most important building you can have. Anyone suggesting otherwise needs a new calculator. I spent hours going over the cost vs the payoff and how many millions in building upgrades I'd have to do to not only pay for the cement factory and the upgrades but I also included the time lost upgrading my cash buildings while I was upgrading a cement factory. I started in September of last year and it paid for itself and the time lose by Mid December. It has since paid for itself 20 times over as my iph has soared with all the new LE buildings.

Just bite the bullet and do it but don't expect to be leveling while you are. Camp it out as best as you can and get past it. I only wish Gree would allow a paid for gold second upgrade @ the same time. (not the 1500 gold to complete now).

Just for the record as a camper I tracked all 3 people that could farm me as my Defence was putting me in the top few % of the people on my rivals list. If you can farm campers they will just smile and let you level on by til they come back and trash you a few months later.

JohnnyR
07-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Regrding the cement factory, I have found through the experience of others (I beleive it was originally Theif or perhaps Enjoy Life many moons ago) that up to level 7 is essential, but beyond is a waste of potential and example of diminishing returns. To get level 8, 9, and 10 you are effectively pouring 26 million and many days of upgrade time to save at most a few million. That changes of course when upgrade territory gets into the hundreds of millions, and THAT's when those cement factory upgrades will make sense. A level 10 Cement factory will only save 2.75 million off the cost of a level 4 nano upgrade versus a level 7 cement factory-is it worth it?

Get to level 7, upgrade everything else, then come back to the cement factory for the hundred million dollar upgrades.

PITA4PRES
07-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Try for some oil rigs and then nanotechs! I am also trying to get my electric power plant up to 10 because i hear it pays out a lot every hour

Are you able to collect frequently enough to make this worth spending the money on because you also have to consider how frequently you can collect. If you can collect 10-12 times a day, it might be worth it. If you can only collect 2 or 3 times a day, it is better to spend your money on 12/24/48 buildings because you also have to consider your rate of return on the upgrade. To upgrade from a level 1 to level 2 electric power plant could mean collecting from it well over 200+ times before you make that money back. If you only collect 2-3 times a day, that could take over 3 months and definitely not worth it.

PITA4PRES
07-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Regrding the cement factory, I have found through the experience of others (I beleive it was originally Theif or perhaps Enjoy Life many moons ago) that up to level 7 is essential, but beyond is a waste of potential and example of diminishing returns. To get level 8, 9, and 10 you are effectively pouring 26 million and many days of upgrade time to save at most a few million. That changes of course when upgrade territory gets into the hundreds of millions, and THAT's when those cement factory upgrades will make sense. A level 10 Cement factory will only save 2.75 million off the cost of a level 4 nano upgrade versus a level 7 cement factory-is it worth it?

Get to level 7, upgrade everything else, then come back to the cement factory for the hundred million dollar upgrades.

I don't look at what is saved on one building because it is a cumulative savings. I just upgraded my cement factory to level 10 and had it up to 9 before I got my Tatras. The level 8 to level 9 upgrade cost me almost 9 million I believe it was, but it saved me more than that getting both Tatras, which in my eyes was well worth it because I essentially made that money back relatively quickly. I did a few other upgrades between lvl 9 and lvl 10 to help my IPH and stats. The way I look at it is that while money buildings are upgrading I am losing out on that income because of not being able to collect from them. Then there is also the time needed to collect from them to get that money back. To me upgrading the cement factory to level 10 helps in all of those respects because of the lower costs. Throw in my faction bonuses and that helps make that money back even faster. Be smart about upgrading your cement factory. Don't upgrade it all at once. Like I said I upgrade a few other things and then go back to the cement factory. A good time to do an upgrade on the cement factory might be a battle weekend because you may be logging in and collecting more frequently anyway allowing you to throw a little more in your vault or donate to your faction. That way the next LE building will be a little cheaper as well.

Mac Son
07-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Do you guys generally think it is better to upgrade buildings that are quicker to upgrade, or those that are cheapest to upgrade, or those that provide the highest IPH increase? This assumes you choosing from the three or four "bezel to upgrade" that have already been identified.

candyson
07-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Do you guys generally think it is better to upgrade buildings that are quicker to upgrade, or those that are cheapest to upgrade, or those that provide the highest IPH increase? This assumes you choosing from the three or four "bezel to upgrade" that have already been identified.
Largest income increase. I would much rather do an oil rig upgrade than a chemical plant upgrade.

Moccasin306
07-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Thanks for all good info

lemonhaze
07-23-2013, 10:27 PM
I don't look at what is saved on one building because it is a cumulative savings. I just upgraded my cement factory to level 10 and had it up to 9 before I got my Tatras. The level 8 to level 9 upgrade cost me almost 9 million I believe it was, but it saved me more than that getting both Tatras, which in my eyes was well worth it because I essentially made that money back relatively quickly. I did a few other upgrades between lvl 9 and lvl 10 to help my IPH and stats. The way I look at it is that while money buildings are upgrading I am losing out on that income because of not being able to collect from them. Then there is also the time needed to collect from them to get that money back. To me upgrading the cement factory to level 10 helps in all of those respects because of the lower costs. Throw in my faction bonuses and that helps make that money back even faster. Be smart about upgrading your cement factory. Don't upgrade it all at once. Like I said I upgrade a few other things and then go back to the cement factory. A good time to do an upgrade on the cement factory might be a battle weekend because you may be logging in and collecting more frequently anyway allowing you to throw a little more in your vault or donate to your faction. That way the next LE building will be a little cheaper as well. i couldnt agree more with u..i got my CF to lvl 10 just 2 days ago and i been playing 2 years..the new LE build cost me 48m and to some in my ffaction that dont have the CF to lvl 10 it costed them 52m and the higher u upgrade the more it saves..so glad i got mine to 10 now...all boosts are to 10 now all i can upgrade is cash units so the CF will help me alot