PDA

View Full Version : IDEA - Ability to Buy Old Events with Gold!

Sgt Squirrel
07-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Hi All,

In the interest of all the new players to modern war, I have an idea for GREE that may allow for more gold purchases, as well as more people interested in joining the game.

Problem:
As most of us are aware, if a new player joins now, there has been significant "inflation" as all current players have boost items and bonuses that were obtained in previous events and wars. Even if the new player puts out some gold its extremely difficult, if not impossible to ever catch up and become a top dog.

Solution:
What if people were given the ability to "buy" an old event? In essence, think of it like spending gold to start a quest, which may be a past LTQ, Boss, or LTE. Obviously the potential prizes would help dictate the price GREE can charge in gold to activate the quest, and all players are only allowed to do each quest once. People who have already done the event cannot re-do them.

This solution doesn't completely level the playing field, as there are always the current events going on that people have to balance spending time, money, and gold on. It also doesn't allow new players to get units and boosts from the previous WD prizes or FvF event prizes. I do think it's a damn good place to start talking about it though.

Reactions:

Old Players:
Old players may initially not like this, as people can purchase an old event and get a top item, when the older player couldn't get that item when they were a "young buck" months ago may not have been strong enough. Tough. There are current events that new players aren't strong enough for as well that will have the same thoughts in a couple months.

I'd rather have the opportunity for endless amounts of people to join this game then be giving out "one-time items' to people that make serious new joiners virtually impossible. The current strategy of the give-always literally self cannibalize the game play.

GREE:
GREE should love this as it can significantly boost GOLD purchases. I also think that if GREE sets the price levels correctly, their profits will soar. Not only would someone cough up the multi-hundred/thousand gold price to start an old event, but likely means the person is invested to spend more gold on COMPLETING that event.

New Players:
New players should love this. I for one was not around with my current account to ever have a chance to obtain any of the old LE buildings and boost units. Sure I can't re-purchase the events that my character was alive for, but what about all the ones in late 2012? I'd seriously consider it for those older LE buildings and Boss events for bonus units.

Everyone:
I think this can also bring in an aspect of new strategy. When should you purchase old events? A combo of leveling up now to get stronger then buy an older event, or buying an old event for a unit/boost to compete in current ones! It's a great twist.
Perhaps GREE can sell (for gold) a prize list for the events, for those people willing to spend gold and not hunt through old forums? I think it's a win-win.

Let me know thoughts / improvements.

GREE? What do you think?

Tito89
07-17-2013, 08:08 AM
this would ultimately open up a new thing for people to hack. its a clever thought and id like it to be implemented but just the thought of the hacks that would need solving...

ppownage
07-17-2013, 08:39 AM
bad idea... nuff said

Speed ump
07-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Sgt, who the heck would have time to do even more events. It's non stop now. Now, I do wish could go back and get old LE buildings

Tito89
07-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Sgt, who the heck would have time to do even more events. It's non stop now. Now, I do wish could go back and get old LE buildings

squirrels idea with le buildings instead...we got gold

Thief
07-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Sgt first i have to say props for thinking outside the box. I certainly agree that gree needs to find a way to keep new players from coming into the game (as they are loosing their core customers through attrition and new ones don't seem to be taking their place)

With that being said i don't see this happening as they would be VERY difficult to implement.

#1 with the boss events they have been completely restructured and made more difficult based on the massive inflation of stats. So do you give players the easier boss with only 35 boss units? Someone could go back and play the first boss event and get the warlord sige tank with VERY VERY little stats. So how do you balance this because back when it was released this was the most powerful item and most of the very good units that came out had 100/100 stats. So how much do you have to pay to participate in this event if you missed it? At the same time a player could easily buy a 2-LE set and get better stats than doing this entire boss event. (*granted that is the only boss that the unit had a bonus attached)

LTE buildings. Most people had to buy Cash with Real money in order to afford the AC, AMR and AV. If someone is willing to spend $50-$100 per building though as far as i'm concerned i could care less. (although it does defeat the purpose of it being limited)

LTQ- I don't understand when anyone would even have the opportunity to do these? We had 3 in the last 2.5 weeks. Bonus units were not supposed to be included in the events according to gree so they would most likely remove them and i don't think that having them offered is any better than just continuing to do the current ones over and over and over again.

Just my comments/Concerns but i agree that they need to figure out a way to bring in new players.

ProCision
07-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I didnt read anything you typed. I will stay from the topic its a stupid idea.

Speed ump
07-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Pro, I didn't read anything you said, you're a stupid idea, uh, I means whatever it was was a stupid idea. Just saying. Beer me

Thief
07-17-2013, 09:45 AM

Sorry mate while i don't agree with what was posted this is one of those threads where at least ideas are being put forward. An argument is made with the case that is put forth with actual logic.

Sgt Squirrel stay positive and keep sharing your ideas.

jchow69
07-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Sorry mate while i don't agree with what was posted this is one of those threads where at least ideas are being put forward. An argument is made with the case that is put forth with actual logic.

Sgt Squirrel stay positive and keep sharing your ideas.

It's not stupid, it's just that it gives people a second chance in an LTQ that they should've participated at that time or if they aren't that level, then continue on and do other LTQs that would eventually come. It's either that or Gree can't label them as "Limited".

Maverick0073
07-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Agreed...this game will not gain any new players that have any sense of reasoning or logic. They just going to get pawned and wont spend real money on the game knowing they will never be able to compete... So to all you long term players ..this is your playing field and you have all the players you ever going to get.......oh.and they leaving fast. And no one to replace them......death of the game ..have fun.

Speed ump
07-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Sorry mav, but I'd have to say I do see new ones coming up and getting strong. Actually unless you want to compete with the top top guys, it's easier than ever to get there, with all the high value units that can be had on the cheap from ltq etc. if you want to compete at the top, it was always going to be expensive no matter how you look at it.

Maverick0073
07-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Sure with no health regen bonus, the boss events are a breeze and with only 3 energy per min ltq's fly By.... And yes I did not say you not getting new players ...just not reasonable and logic ones :-)

MadFox
07-17-2013, 10:18 AM

This comment is just a waste of the time you needed to type it.

I agree to Thief... This, finally, is one of the more construcitve threads recently...know as we know your opinion please stay away from the thread...stay far away. thank you.

Sgt squirrel...go on...

My two cents...

Old players: like that too because there might be an event where they haven't participated because they were camping for example...

The idea may need a little tuning...but absolutely worth to think about it.

Sgt Squirrel
07-17-2013, 10:19 AM
It's not stupid, it's just that it gives people a second chance in an LTQ that they should've participated at that time or if they aren't that level, then continue on and do other LTQs that would eventually come. It's either that or Gree can't label them as "Limited".

My original idea stemmed from the fact that the user may not have been playing when the Limited Event was occurring, and it was only for these events that your account didn't exist that you could purchase to do.

Perhaps the definition of limited becomes a "limited time for free now, or limited to new players later who spend gold" :)

SGT Rud
07-17-2013, 10:28 AM
I like the idea.

For the bosses, you can keep them at 35, if the event at the time was 35 bosses, but keep the current health structure, without the beat 5 - 10-15..... unless the event for 50 had them. Even if it is a 100/100 unit, the unit would be good for a new comer trying to gain stats. Even works for old players who missed out on something before they joined, with the new structure, it wont give them a huge edge in it, just keeping it even.

For crate events, the top 250 and top 50 collection prizes would be excluded.

Each player in the game would have a new store button with the missions in it. The store button would only include mission sets that that specific player did not compete in. WD and FvF tournaments would be excluded.

With a new structure of having this available, we would need some down time, lets say a week of no events going on at all, in which players could use to compete in older events. You could also be given the option at the start of a new event, you could be given the option to compete or save it in your store for a later time. If you stored it, then the top 250/top 50 and other competetive prizes would not be available. Then you could have your down time, and not miss the event.

For LE buildings and LE unit sets, I also agree with Thief on this, that offering these buildings defeats the purpose. But if you could make the newer LE sets available without the units gained from building them, maybe to suffice? But I am still on the fence with it. But the same gounds for fighting against the LEs could also be applied to the mission sets as well.

Sgt Squirrel
07-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Sgt first i have to say props for thinking outside the box. I certainly agree that gree needs to find a way to keep new players from coming into the game (as they are loosing their core customers through attrition and new ones don't seem to be taking their place)

With that being said i don't see this happening as they would be VERY difficult to implement.

#1 with the boss events they have been completely restructured and made more difficult based on the massive inflation of stats. So do you give players the easier boss with only 35 boss units? Someone could go back and play the first boss event and get the warlord sige tank with VERY VERY little stats. So how do you balance this because back when it was released this was the most powerful item and most of the very good units that came out had 100/100 stats. So how much do you have to pay to participate in this event if you missed it? At the same time a player could easily buy a 2-LE set and get better stats than doing this entire boss event. (*granted that is the only boss that the unit had a bonus attached)

LTE buildings. Most people had to buy Cash with Real money in order to afford the AC, AMR and AV. If someone is willing to spend $50-$100 per building though as far as i'm concerned i could care less. (although it does defeat the purpose of it being limited)

LTQ- I don't understand when anyone would even have the opportunity to do these? We had 3 in the last 2.5 weeks. Bonus units were not supposed to be included in the events according to gree so they would most likely remove them and i don't think that having them offered is any better than just continuing to do the current ones over and over and over again.

Just my comments/Concerns but i agree that they need to figure out a way to bring in new players.

Thief, appreciate all the feedback.

I agree the logic isn't fully developed but it sounds like there are parts of this idea that could be feasible.

Boss: You bring up a good point, about stats of units on old bosses being so low. Perhaps GREE sets these boss events to be cheaper? Perhaps the bosses are only purchasable at certain levels to help "guide" new players to strategically buy bosses that they can defeat. I would even be in favour of having boss events that only get unlocked when you buy the one before it. i.e. force people to pay in a step ladder for access. Helps build gold to get to the recent good bosses? I think it depends most on what GREE charges.

LTE Buildings: The same comment I made earlier, but perhaps limited means it was once possible to buy for free, and now limited to those who spend the gold to unlock it? :)

LTQ: I agree that the speed of them feels like they have increased. This would really accelerate people who may want to use a strategy for specific old events. The people who are crazy enough to do them are the ones willing to spend more gold for GREE and get rewarded accordingly.

Appreciate all the good feedback. Just some thoughts here for improvement on the game that I do really like.

Speed ump
07-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Mav, does that mean we are reasonable and logical? Lol

whitefire
07-17-2013, 11:02 AM
I like the idea but it's a veeeeery bad one from this perspective: Gree's programmers would mess up so badly none of us would be able to play anymore.

JohnnyR
07-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Limited edition means limited.

Why would anyone go pour thousands of dollars into these events if they could get them any time, without the time constraints the events bring. Effectively deflating the craziness and urgency some players feel as the event winds down and are facing the choice of buying another vault or not.

HOWEVER- your thinking has merits. All new players are faced with a bigger and deeper hole to climb out of the later they jump into this game. Some sort of random means to award newer players with a boost/limited unit perhaps during a boss event as a random "ultra" rare prize for completion would be nice.

jorge54
07-17-2013, 11:14 AM
I like this idea... Sort of, I agree the distribution of the units will need some tweaking, but I would like to have a chance to get the bonus units again.

it would be really nice to be able to get some of the bonus units that I missed out on. The bonus units that help:
Health Regen
Energy Regen
Stamina Regen
Def %
Att %

I might be able to finally compete with the old dogs.

Assuming People are on board with allowing newbies getting the old bonus units.
Here is my suggestion on how to distribute old units.
Gree could set up a seperate Ltq/cashbox/boss event were the only item you get is the bonus unit at the end. By getting the bonus unit you would miss out on the current event for the old dogs that already had the bonus unit, and so the old dogs would get better stats.

I know this isn't popular with everyone, but I think it would level the playing field (but not make it flat).

KFH
07-17-2013, 11:41 AM
I think this would be a great idea if it wasn't for all the hacks that would come from it.

Maverick0073
07-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Simply put a cap on health regen bonus at say 75% and a max energy regen to 8 and introduce units with bonuses so those new players can have a chance . The cap applies to every one including all the damn cry babies..." the unit bonus does not stack" it's a limit lets set it and move on and make the playing field a little more fair.

ppownage
07-17-2013, 12:11 PM
free players dont like it xD

bergmystr
07-17-2013, 01:36 PM
I was thinking of something similar to this the other day, but my concept was a little different.

What if instead of the constant flood of "new" events that are basically retitled versions of all the old ones. We replace one of these "new" LTQ's with a retro one.

The exact same format as the original could be used, but call it retro. This way anyone could participate, but if there was a bonus unit in there and you got it again it simply wouldn't stack on top of the other one. This would give both experienced players an opportunity to either sit out the event because they completed it, or go through again if they felt like it to get some more indestructible units.

BTW Mavericl0073 I think that bonus cap you talk about would be a good addition as well

SGT Rud
07-17-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm a free player and I like it. It would still hold the time constraints as the LTQ has to be finished in so many days/hours. This means from start to finish.

ArsenalRiot
07-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Kind of defeats the entire purpose of "Limited Edition".

calvin98
07-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Imagine what hackers can do with that! Whoa whoa whoa!