PDA

View Full Version : To quit or not to quit, that is the question.

larrydavid
07-17-2013, 05:35 AM
I don't post a lot here, I mostly play KA. MW was my gateway Gree drug thus I have been playing for a long time. I am contemplating quitting MW and just playing KA because of the amount of time commitment for LTQs, bosses, faction/guild wars, PvP events, etc. It is just too much with two games for me. My problem is I can't make the decision due to the amount of time dedicated. I just can't cut the chord...
1.) Should I quit?
2.) If I do quit, should I sell everything and donate OR just delete app?

(just deleting, I would imagine, I would come back to the game in the future).

Thanks.

CJ D
07-17-2013, 05:47 AM
Pass your ID along to someone else. That way you're SURE you're done. Even selling off you can go back and attack/raid, play wd and what not. Although I'm not sure with the new transfer system if that can still be done.

JohnnyR
07-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Just camp, or approach the game differently. Figure out how much this game is really hurting you, and go from there.

It was fun right? What I'm going to try is getting my game set up to maximize enjoyment, limit time spent, and kick back. Fist to do is get stamina and energy up enough to play twice a day without missing too much. Just upgrade and build and fight, screw off to events.

TIMB0
07-17-2013, 11:56 AM
"Maybe leave a message on your base designed in barrels for posterity."

You, sir, are a brilliant man.

Mongo
07-17-2013, 12:08 PM
This whole dialogue interests me. See it in our faction, although it appears to be occurring at a greater rate across the game. I don't want to overgeneralize, but a lot of folks burn hot, spend what eventually seems excessive time or real money, and then whipsaw the other direction into quitting. I have considered it, but short of quitting it makes sense to me to just scale back, go camp awhile (can't believe I said that) and as JohnnyR said, check in a couple times a day or even every few days. Or you could try a hybrid approach and sell/donate proceeds of those stupid supply depots and armories, lest you got through a withdrawal period where your internal alarm is ringing in 30 minute increments to go collect/attack something.

One demon to slay is what I've seen called "fear of missing out" which probably is most deadly the higher your past level of involvement/performance. So maybe try "missing out" on an event or two, and see how it goes.

Personally I am going to quit someday, but not now. Maybe next battle. I have it under control, my doctors assure me I'm nowhere close to addiction.

procsyzarc
07-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Personally I just dropped back allies and joined a casual faction.
I find I log in less and less and no longer really feel the urge to log in, if I feel like pvp'ing I do but if i sit on full stam for a week it doesn't bother me either

larrydavid
07-18-2013, 06:28 AM
Just camp, or approach the game differently. Figure out how much this game is really hurting you, and go from there.

It was fun right? What I'm going to try is getting my game set up to maximize enjoyment, limit time spent, and kick back. Fist to do is get stamina and energy up enough to play twice a day without missing too much. Just upgrade and build and fight, screw off to events.

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I just can't bring myself to "screw the events" because then I know it is near pointless to play then. I keep saying, "after this LTQ, I'll just check in my base 2x per day"...never sticks. I guess I'll see if I can gradually cut it back. Thanks again for the great feedback.

Arizona
07-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Curb Your Enthusiasm Larry... or lack of. Unless you feel the need to always chase the top bracket of players, then you keep the game and just take a break. There'll always be new players to the game so rejoin when you can.
As a suggestion, if you like you can donate your game to our long standing officers or leader, and take the game back when you return.

Pro
07-18-2013, 07:13 AM
I feel the days are numbered for this game and for many players. I'm not aware of the numbers but there does seem to be less new players and we all know of several who have left. The burnout is rampant and the concern from Gree is non existent.Instead of offering incentives to continue we see reason to back away.What started out as a "Once A Month" event as stated by CJ54 has become an everyday activity broken only by a new event the next day. I'm also on my way out. It's one thing to plan a couple of days a month but to stay loyal and protect your investment requires more.

Sinner
07-18-2013, 07:27 AM
I just recently quit my faction and am keeping my account to see if the drive ever comes back. I've spent so much time and money on this addiction it ridiculous. I loved my faction and had alot of good friends and people in it. I just had to walk away. Between my wife and kids all the time it took away from them put a cloud of guilt on me it's ridiculous . I hated doing it but had to. This upcoming battle was giving me mini panic attacks just thinking of another weekend confined to the couch with a device in each hand. Your not the only one out there man. This was becoming more of a job than a game. Take a break and if you don't miss it give your faction mates your players if they want them IMO . Good luck !

stephen2013
07-18-2013, 09:06 AM
I feel the same way. I am burned out with this game and I really no longer want to play but feel that I can't quit, simply because all the time (free player, no cash) spent on it. What did I do to help?

I deleted War of Nations last night, that game sucked. Now I grab my iPad less every day. I check in here first for the LTQ walk through to determine if it's worth it, which it usually isn't. I lay back (but still try) in WD events and I recently moved down to a lower ranked faction, it's much mess demanding. Getting over that "Missing out" feeling is the hardest, but I am past that. I am DONE with LTQ events and only plan to pursue boss events and, dare I say it, camp. I am nearing the whale zone and should be there in 3 months or so.

Basically, change the way you play the game. Take your dedication to it back a notch at a time and sooner or later it will start to feel like a side gig rather than a job. Take yourself out of the game just a little bit at a time and it will help.