PDA

View Full Version : Is energy ever not recommended?

Idiosyncrasy
07-16-2013, 10:41 AM
I have about 1500 energy, and it still says "recommended" on the skill point allocation page next to energy. Does Gree have a level for energy at which, upon reaching it, another category becomes recommended? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a job that has a higher single click of 1100 energy.

wa7sh
07-16-2013, 10:44 AM
its the best thing u can put your skill points into.

oh yeah
07-16-2013, 10:46 AM
No, it's not. Attack/defense skill points or stamina is just as good or even better.

[CM]]forgetaboutit
07-16-2013, 10:54 AM
No buy henchmen
its the best

SNEAKERJUNKY
07-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Correct me if Im wrong but... Leveling up is a bad thing..no? Lower levels, higher stats BRO.

Sideline Sal
07-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Is there a cap on the skill point modifier for attack and defense?

iteachem
07-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Is there a cap on the skill point modifier for attack and defense?

Just when you run out of skill points...

I used to think I would never put skill points into energy since it caused leveling up.

If i had to to it over I would put all skill points into energy or stamina. I would't put any into attack or defense since they really don't help that much (someone can always beat you)

duckid
07-16-2013, 11:33 AM
Energy at a certain level is just a waste in my opinion. There are two ways to play the energy game.

If you are always wanting to spend energy to level up then you should stop spending on energy around the 2000 energy mark. If you are able to play the game on a consistent basis you will always be able to spend energy and the only time that you wouldn't would be when you sleep. So right before you go to bed you spend all your energy it will be generating up to 2000 while you sleep. When you wake up you will have nearly a full bar of energy to start the process all over again. This makes it so you will always be spending and using energy without it capping.

The second way is if you don't want to level and simply want to build up as much energy as you can so you have a huge supply for the initial push on the LTQ events.

Now some would say if you have a huge energy bar you will always be generating but you have had to use skill points directly to energy instead of putting them in other areas.

Just my opinion. If someone has actually done research on this I'm all ears.

c00guy
07-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Energy recommended for 100+ level players
Stamina recommended for all (go for at least 50)
Attack skill points useless (unless you're really low level and that 10 points per skill points matter a lot for boss events)
Defense skill points junk

Pierce
07-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Its always recommended.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Energy = can help you; level up faster, and beat LTQ's which results in big stat gains.

Stamina = can help you; get money faster (by robbing/attacking), and can help make friends

Attack = can help you; win fights against opponents, can help you with boss battles, can help you beat enemies you couldn't normally beat during war

Defence = can help you; defend opponents attacks, save money by defending from robs/attacks, can help you get IP points during battles (people will scout your stats, and if you have high defence stats, you can win against people with higher attack than your defence)

This is a very good summary of each of the skills!

brandocommando
07-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Attack skill points useless (unless you're really low level and that 10 points per skill points matter a lot for boss events)

Wow you really only get 10 points per skill point?

Armalg-the-Good
07-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Limited time quest events are so common now that energy is the best investment even if you are a low to no gold spender. I think the point to stop depends on how you play. If you don't want to spend real life money I suggest the following. Use tapjoy and free gold giveaways and get a goodfella upgrade. This will allow you to regen more stamina and energy during off times and sleeping and will alter the total amount of resources you can put into an event without spending gold. It is a permanent upgrade and will more than pay for itself in a very short amount of time compared to any investment you can make. Build your energy reserve to the point where you can sleep and turn your game back... or travel... or whatever your longest time period between playing is and still be regenerating energy with that upgrade going. At that point any further energy investment is only going to pay off if you level or spend gold. I would then do something similar with stamina since there are now leader board events.

If you are a player that uses a lot of gold I would say that the more energy you have the lower your costs per event are going to be since energy will make your refills go further. So there wouldn't be an upward limit to shoot for.

I have about 50 stamina and the goodfella upgrade and I'm quite happy with that investment.

montecore
07-16-2013, 04:39 PM
just make sure you have around 1500 energy and at least 50 stamina, so you get your moneys worth on refills. i have 2470 energy and 260 stamina. i wish i had more stamina and less energy.

BigMoney
07-16-2013, 04:59 PM
just make sure you have around 1500 energy and at least 50 stamina, so you get your moneys worth on refills. i have 2470 energy and 260 stamina. i wish i had more stamina and less energy.

How often do you actually use all your stamina at once?

Oubliette
07-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Technically you don't need more then 500 energy. But that is only technical and I'm not even sure. You only need as much energy as the most difficult job. Having more energy has a benefit though. The more energy you have, the less likely you are to have time wasted while recovering. You generate 3 energy per minute. That means 180 energy in an hour.

You don't generate any energy once your energy meter is full. But you don't generate energy any faster if you have more energy. So it's best if you balance out your energy level at about the point where if you go away from game, for example to sleep for the night, then your energy would hopefully not max out by the time you wake up. Any more then that and you will never be full on energy, which isn't a bad thing, but it is points spent on energy that you could have used on Stamina or attack and defense.

Stamina is very useful, but it's the same concept as energy. You generate 1 stamina every 3 minutes. Which means 20 stamina in an hour. The more stamina you have, the longer a break you can take from attacking and robbing others without wasting time not generating more stamina when the bar gets full. It would take a lot of stamina to keep it from maxing out when you sleep, so just figure out how long you would like to be able to take a break between waves or robberies and attacks.

It is pretty good to get to somewhere around 25 to 30 stamina though. If you find someone with 15 nice buildings that you want to rob, having 30 stamina allows you to take them all down right away. Though it can really annoy other people when you drain their good buildings. Generally, balance out your stamina between how long you want to take a break, and how often you expect to find that many hits packed together.

Attack and Defense early on can make an impact on your effectiveness. Later on, they have much less of an effect can still turn a fight in your favor. It is probably a better bet in general to have spent a lot more points on your energy and stamina then on your attack and defense, but don't ignore your attack and defense.

brandocommando
07-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Technically you don't need more then 500 energy. But that is only technical and I'm not even sure. You only need as much energy as the most difficult job. Having more energy has a benefit though. The more energy you have, the less likely you are to have time wasted while recovering. You generate 3 energy per minute. That means 180 energy in an hour.

You don't generate any energy once your energy meter is full. But you don't generate energy any faster if you have more energy. So it's best if you balance out your energy level at about the point where if you go away from game, for example to sleep for the night, then your energy would hopefully not max out by the time you wake up. Any more then that and you will never be full on energy, which isn't a bad thing, but it is points spent on energy that you could have used on Stamina or attack and defense.

Well technically, a gold refill will fill 1000 energy, so having anything less than that is just throwing gold away.

BigMoney
07-16-2013, 06:04 PM

Stamina is very useful, but it's the same concept as energy. You generate 1 stamina every 3 minutes. Which means 20 stamina in an hour. The more stamina you have, the longer a break you can take from attacking and robbing others without wasting time not generating more stamina when the bar gets full. It would take a lot of stamina to keep it from maxing out when you sleep, so just figure out how long you would like to be able to take a break between waves or robberies and attacks.

It is pretty good to get to somewhere around 25 to 30 stamina though. If you find someone with 15 nice buildings that you want to rob, having 30 stamina allows you to take them all down right away. Though it can really annoy other people when you drain their good buildings. Generally, balance out your stamina between how long you want to take a break, and how often you expect to find that many hits packed together.

Attack and Defense early on can make an impact on your effectiveness. Later on, they have much less of an effect can still turn a fight in your favor. It is probably a better bet in general to have spent a lot more points on your energy and stamina then on your attack and defense, but don't ignore your attack and defense.

Technically, what you said is almost entirely incorrect. A gold refill on energy is 1000 energy, as already pointed out, but you even say that you only need as much as energy as the most difficult job. The most difficult job is well over 500 energy. Try looking at any of the late maps. I think the most expensive job is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200. Just of the top of my head, the map boss on Trackside Slums is 1043 energy, and there are quite a few maps after Trackside Slums.

Second, a gold refill on stamina is 50 stamina. You should thus have at least stamina, as gold refills on stamina can be useful during, for example, Syndicate PvP tournaments, and you don't want to be wasting gold if you are spending gold for refills.

I'm guessing that you are really low level if you think 500 energy and 30 stamina are reasonable totals. I've spent at least 70 stamina on robs in a single hood quite a few times. And once that newsfeed icon pops up on their screen, you're working against the clock.

brandocommando
07-16-2013, 06:10 PM
very true money, I only responded to the first paragraph as I didnt want to read any more :)

TZora
07-16-2013, 07:14 PM
If i had to to it over I would put all skill points into energy or stamina. I would't put any into attack or defense since they really don't help that much (someone can always beat you)
exactly what i think. put everything in energy or stamina .. putting anything on attack/defense is just a waste. OP if you ask anyone in the upper levels, you'll most likely get the same reply.

energy: 2200+
stamina: 100

wasted about 100 on attack and 100 on defense .. and that happened in the lower levels

Idiosyncrasy
07-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Awesome feedback. I also "wasted" some of my skill points on attack and defense, and then I started sitting on skill points once I realized attack and defense do not carry much weight. Before LTQ's, I avoided jobs almost entirely. Then LTQ's came out, so I dumped most of what I had into energy, and some stamina.

Here is where I am at level 96:

Attack: 50
Defense: 51
Energy: 1430
Stamina: 32

The top job I have seen is in Bay Harbor Beach - The Executive - 1,064 energy required. I would recommend that as a bare minimum for everyone so you can complete all of the jobs if you want to.

I rarely run out of stamina since we have so few PVP style events, though I'm sure I would if we had more. I've been focusing on energy, but I want to get to at least 50 stamina.

For those in the higher levels, I wonder if Gree would ever do a skill point reset for, say, 200 gold. I'm sure a lot of people would go for it, and it would be a win-win situation.

tommy_chiffon
07-16-2013, 09:23 PM
I wasted a lot of points on Attack and Defense. I wish I had sunk them into Energy and Stamina.

Don't waste much on Att and Def!

montecore
07-16-2013, 11:03 PM
How often do you actually use all your stamina at once?

now that i am level 250, every day. 35 doomsday frags and counting.

Nick Young
07-16-2013, 11:13 PM
I've put most of my skill points in energy. I'm at 4240 right now which is just about enough to refill every 24 hours and just do jobs once a day. It helps a ton with LTQs. I'm glad I read this because I started putting them towards attack and defense. I guess I'll put it in stamina then. Thanks

iteachem
07-17-2013, 09:17 AM
exactly what i think. put everything in energy or stamina .. putting anything on attack/defense is just a waste. OP if you ask anyone in the upper levels, you'll most likely get the same reply.

energy: 2200+
stamina: 100

wasted about 100 on attack and 100 on defense .. and that happened in the lower levels

Holy ****.. we agree on something... LMAO..

Earlier someone mentioned amount of stamina. Well i think during the pvp wars having enough to sleep entire night and get up with full bar is ideal. no wasted time.

Same for energy .. think about minimizing time on game

iteachem
07-17-2013, 09:20 AM
I would also be up for gree adding a way to change your skill point allocation. The game keeps developing and a long time ago energy was fairly useless unless you were farming items. If they put in an ability to change allocation and figured out a way not to let it be abused (like once a month etc) I would support that.

Example I think many high level peeps stopped putting skill points into energy a long time ago when they reached the point that farming items no longer helped. LTQs changed that.

duckid
07-17-2013, 01:09 PM
I would also be up for gree adding a way to change your skill point allocation. The game keeps developing and a long time ago energy was fairly useless unless you were farming items. If they put in an ability to change allocation and figured out a way not to let it be abused (like once a month etc) I would support that.

Example I think many high level peeps stopped putting skill points into energy a long time ago when they reached the point that farming items no longer helped. LTQs changed that.

This would be so nice if they could allow you to reallocate your points. Foolishly I actually thought atk/def make a difference in this game and so I allocated some points in those areas... now I wish I just put the points in energy and stamina only.

Oh well.

prostouser
07-17-2013, 02:44 PM
I have ignored attack and defence because of reading "MickeyTwoToe's Guide to Success" from 2011 early on. there is sticky thread with best of the best guides.
Game mechanics can change any second but att and def skills seems to be almost useless for high levels.
General rumors and authoritative opinions I've heard about skill point distribution (most of them mentioned in this thread):
1. Heavy gold spenders need 1000 energy and 50 stamina to utilize refills completely. Having more energy and stamina is a waste of skill points (c) some of The Billionare guides
2. Game recommends to raise stamina up to 100 (lvl independent recommendation) and energy = 100 at lvl 1 with almost linear growth to energy = 3300 at lvl 250
3. The most requiring job is Monette from 5th avenue (1104 energy)
4. 1 attack point gives 10 attack after lvl 100. This statement has been somehow confirmed by studying boss events when one can see his exact strength.
I'm happy with this skills:
Att 107 (100 points from Black Widow)
Def 1
Energy 3030 (~9 hours to refill)
Stamina 233 (~10,5 hours to refill)

For non-camping free player energy was usefull to get some decent drops from new maps. Now it is usefull only for convinient LTQ (stats inflation, you know...)
Stamina is used to blindly attack rivals once or twice per day and get some RP (45 Assasins Coats and 33 Clean Ends currently). It was usefull once for PVP-event (brawl or smth like that)

(CCK) Cam
07-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Awesome feedback. I also "wasted" some of my skill points on attack and defense, and then I started sitting on skill points once I realized attack and defense do not carry much weight. Before LTQ's, I avoided jobs almost entirely. Then LTQ's came out, so I dumped most of what I had into energy, and some stamina.

Here is where I am at level 96:

Attack: 50
Defense: 51
Energy: 1430
Stamina: 32

The top job I have seen is in Bay Harbor Beach - The Executive - 1,064 energy required. I would recommend that as a bare minimum for everyone so you can complete all of the jobs if you want to.

I rarely run out of stamina since we have so few PVP style events, though I'm sure I would if we had more. I've been focusing on energy, but I want to get to at least 50 stamina.

For those in the higher levels, I wonder if Gree would ever do a skill point reset for, say, 200 gold. I'm sure a lot of people would go for it, and it would be a win-win situation.Get at least 2,000 energy & 50 stamina

TZora
07-18-2013, 01:00 AM
Holy ****.. we agree on something... LMAO..
i think you were being fair and honest and trying to help the OP and being genuine .. this time :p

Ded Eye
07-20-2013, 08:05 AM

agreed! attack and defence stats are borderline useless according to game mechanic (which sucks)
my first account has high attack and defence stats.. I still lose to players who have a marginally higher attack then my defence.
on my second account, I have been doing 1 to stamina 1 to energy, then 3 to energy (over 2 level ups) and so far my second account is a beast in comparrison since it has the extra energy for mission ltq and enough stamina to get me through these fightig ltq.