PDA

View Full Version : Groupme tutorial

Christurbo
07-16-2013, 06:00 AM
I might get smashed by the regulars for this thread but here it goes.

I am trying to get groupme set up for my syndicate but have no idea what I'm doing!!! I have joined and made a profile but others can't find the group I have made. I must be doing something wrong but can't get it.

Is someone able to explain the easy way to set up a group and get members to join and chat.

Apologies for what will probably be a very easy answer.

The Fonz
07-16-2013, 06:25 AM
I might get smashed by the regulars for this thread but here it goes.

I am trying to get groupme set up for my syndicate but have no idea what I'm doing!!! I have joined and made a profile but others can't find the group I have made. I must be doing something wrong but can't get it.

Is someone able to explain the easy way to set up a group and get members to join and chat.

Apologies for what will probably be a very easy answer.
Have you checked out this tutorial (http://dutchgirlcom435.wordpress.com/group-me-a-step-by-step-tutorial/)? It provides screen caps and a written walkthrough.

Once you have the group set up properly in GroupMe, post the URL on your syn's Forum page so that others can sign in to set up their accounts. Each member will need one of the following (cell phone / smartphone / tablet / app) that can receive text messages because a PIN wil be sent to each account, required to complete account setup. Assuming all goes smoothly, each member should be able to set up their respective account and start chatting in GroupMe in about 5 minutes.

Pierce
07-16-2013, 06:22 PM
I liked GroupMe but my syndicate recently switched to Kakao and we are liking it much better. Just throwing that out there as an option.

Al32
07-17-2013, 07:58 PM
You need to add them using the email they used to join

FOAD
07-18-2013, 12:35 AM
I liked GroupMe but my syndicate recently switched to Kakao and we are liking it much better. Just throwing that out there as an option.

Only problem with KaKao it's for smartphones only whereas GroupMe works with wifi ipad/kindle/pc.

highgrass
08-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Only problem with KaK
ao it's for smartphones only whereas GroupMe works with wifi ipad/kindle/pc.
Kakao is now available on PC

flyingk
08-18-2013, 02:22 AM
As I am an iPhone user i am interested in the usability of groupme for iOS. Do you use the same device? How does it feel as you have got to connect each time logging into CC.

La Femme Nikita
08-18-2013, 06:42 AM
it can be rough at first but not too bad