PDA

View Full Version : Why no boss event...?

Skumbag CCM
07-16-2013, 05:17 AM
Could anyone please explain to me why there's no boss event this time around please.
reply here or preferably PM me

Chosen Pessimist
07-16-2013, 05:23 AM
We already had the month of julys boss event

187omni
07-16-2013, 05:34 AM
Could anyone please explain to me why there's no boss event this time around please.
very simple : at the exact time the new event were released the waxing moon was in the ascending into the Aries side of Jupiter. meanwhile the sun blocked out the descending view of Neptune, Sagittarius and Scorpio. Fortunately enough the stars of Capricorn & Libra were untouched, leaving balance in the universe :)

Skumbag CCM
07-16-2013, 05:36 AM

Up until now there has been 1 between each battle though

murf
07-16-2013, 06:07 AM
very simple : at the exact time the new event were released the waxing moon was in the ascending into the Aries side of Jupiter. meanwhile the sun blocked out the descending view of Neptune, Sagittarius and Scorpio. Fortunately enough the stars of Capricorn & Libra were untouched, leaving balance in the universe :)

Nice, this is equally as likely as:

JonHanFord
07-16-2013, 06:09 AM
its because we dont have boss event ! :LOL:

c00guy
07-16-2013, 06:12 AM

Yeah sure, all we need to do is compute the probability of the consequential rare events assuming the psychological biases that make people individually and collectively blind to uncertainty and unaware of the massive role of the rare event in historical affairs. It's called the Black Swan Theory, pretty simple, look it up!

shiny pete
07-16-2013, 06:33 AM
It's garbage there is no boss event. 3 LTQs REALLY!!! Gree obviously gets lots of people spending gold for the ltqs and not the boss events. That's why they do that. They don't care what the players think as long as they are making more and more money. Needless to say I am not participating
In
The ltqs

ballzini
07-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Up until now there has been 1 between each battle though
You're wrong. If you dont recall, they have done this before. I believe it was between 2 and 3 wars ago. Why all the crying about bosses anyway?

DaemonPrince
07-16-2013, 07:42 AM
It does suck that there is no boss event but the way the last few boss events have been treating me i can't say I'm upset. I've gotten 2 rares out of the last 4 bosses. I for one prefer the ltq's much more as they are all about being active/spending gold and not just the luck of the draw. Plus as a higher level player i don't enjoy watching the new accounts get crazy strong off of them.

Rude_Dude
07-16-2013, 08:25 AM

Exactly. Look it up...

The Billionaire
07-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Boss events are going to be phased out and replaced by LTQ's apparently.

I guess this is the start of the phasing.

Idiosyncrasy
07-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Skipping 3 LTQ's in hopes of boss events possibly coming back will just cause you to fall further behind. How many LTQ's with good prizes have their been in comparison to boss events during the same time period? You gotta stay up with the times or be left behind.

Timmaaay
07-16-2013, 10:17 AM
Shhhhh, let them fall behind.

I HATE boss events. Been over level 100 since the very first one so I've gotten to 23/24 with no gold (further with gold). My LLP got to level 30 (he's level 17) with the max being 5 hits. I could have gotten to 50 but chose not to. Jumped my stats about 3500 att/def. Why the hell should it reward the LLP's who camp and do nothing. Mine is merely for when I am bored. Happy the boss event campers are getting 3 LTQ's behind in stats...

Skipping 3 LTQ's in hopes of boss events possibly coming back will just cause you to fall further behind. How many LTQ's with good prizes have their been in comparison to boss events during the same time period? You gotta stay up with the times or be left behind.

Butt Futter
07-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Boss events are going to be phased out and replaced by LTQ's apparently.

I guess this is the start of the phasing.

Was it confirmed they were getting rid of boss events?

Pierce
07-16-2013, 06:18 PM

While I like the above quote very much I think they are just continuing to force people to level. I think bosses will probably come back.

Wouldn't be surprised if they started having bosses give a ton of XP or something though...

187omni
07-17-2013, 02:42 AM
You're wrong. If you dont recall, they have done this before. I believe it was between 2 and 3 wars ago. Why all the crying about bosses anyway?

this is very true, a few wars ago they skipped the boss event s well. Does a collect 10 case event still exist ? I miss getting a modifier in between wars

bald zeemer
07-17-2013, 03:50 AM
They're clearly doing a 2-war cycle. This setup seems extremely similar to the one before last.

Resulting in 5 LTQs per boss - meaning that camping for bosses only works for a small % of players, which is (almost) as it should be.

A game where not playing pays of better than playing is a game that is broken.

N41LZ
07-17-2013, 04:05 AM
They're clearly doing a 2-war cycle. This setup seems extremely similar to the one before last.

Resulting in 5 LTQs per boss - meaning that camping for bosses only works for a small % of players, which is (almost) as it should be.

Sadly, at the end of the day, this is still true unless they change the way IP is paid out for higher lvl players.
Low lvl players w/t high stats will always be more valuable due to them being IP tanks.

the odds are still stacked against high lvl players regardless since they have to spend more gold for same IP.

a low lvl player still has incentive to avoid LTQs even if at cost of minimal stat raise if they're already in a strong team where scouting is not an issue.

bald zeemer
07-17-2013, 05:01 AM
Until they become incapable of hitting targets.

Scouting for a top-10 team I more often than not found it extremely difficult to find targets for the 400k and under players. In another 4-5 cycles this'll probably be closer to 1m.

candyson
07-17-2013, 08:10 AM

I haven't been falling behind at all. If anything, I'm catching up to most players(not heavy gold spenders). They should make it two LTQ's and one boss event every war while rotating the collect 10 and 20.

Carbon_D
07-17-2013, 08:46 AM
The new event has already started and my app doesnt have it.

I did the update.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4

PLEEEEASE HELP:confused::confused:

Butt Futter
07-17-2013, 08:55 AM
The new event has already started and my app doesnt have it.

I did the update.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4

PLEEEEASE HELP:confused::confused:

Are you high enough level?

The new event for today probably won't start until 3pm EST.

Carbon_D
07-17-2013, 09:37 AM
I am only level 21, do I need to be higher?

My data under "ABOUT" says - 20130715_11

Meaning I still have that data

Where I'm from its current 19h58 EST

Butt Futter
07-17-2013, 09:58 AM
You probably need to be around level 40 for this. Stay low and don't go over level 25 before the next boss.

Carbon_D
07-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

How long before the next boss?

Wimpy
07-17-2013, 04:50 PM
I love boss events

LoupeGr8ness
07-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Interested in being part of a top syndicate? Players Inc., currently top 54, is looking for strong, independent, active players that would like to help bring us to the top! A bunch of really awesome people on this team, fun to play with and nice 2 be around! All bonuses @ 25%, except for guns @ 20%. "Minimum 40k Influence Point per battle event", gold not required/but is a plus. cash donations and brick donations necessary. If interested, pls reply. Ty 4 reading 

(CCK) Cam
07-17-2013, 07:11 PM
There is a seperate section for the syndicate ads, please read