PDA

View Full Version : Adding incentive to win battles during group war

Armalg-the-Good
07-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Right now there is no real incentive to actually win a battle during a war other than some minor personal satisfaction for doing so. If you lose, you collect the full amount of points. There is no real incentive to build hideouts and/or invest in high level hideouts for the majority of syndicates that participate. So how about adding some consequences to winning and losing a particular battle? Extra points for winning a battle and/or half or no points for losing teams....

Fancy Pants
07-15-2013, 01:51 PM
The idea of an incentive is good, not very original, but good none the less. However, penalizing the losing team I feel isn't the way to go. Rather it be the winning team receiving a slight bonus or reward of some sort to acknowledge the fact that they were triumphant.

c00guy
07-15-2013, 01:53 PM
bad idea, that would make the passive battles go away. And if passive battles go away, matching would be even more beserk! If you're top 250 you might just be matched with top 50 if these things go away!! :rolleyes:

Fancy Pants
07-15-2013, 01:58 PM
bad idea, that would make the passive battles go away. And if passive battles go away, matching would be even more beserk! If you're top 250 you might just be matched with top 50 if these things go away!! :rolleyes:

If things go berserk then gree makes more money technically making it a good thing :)

Gingeasian
07-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Reward for the wins but they arent going to take away the points people earn

Armalg-the-Good
07-15-2013, 03:28 PM
It is a war isn't it? It's not supposed to be a group hug session where everybody wins and leaves feeling good.

Emperor886
07-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Giving the winning team twice the advantage (removing points from the loser and gaining extra points themselves) would just make the gap between F2P and P2P players ridiculous.

Just giving the winning team a modest amount extra, though, that wouldn't be bad. Say, an extra 5%. Enough that over the life of the event, having all battles won would give a nice boost, but not so much that you leave every syndicate you beat with no chance of catching up.

Vito6593
07-15-2013, 03:41 PM
My crew comfortably finished top 10 and our win loss rate was 50/50.

We did not care one jot if we won or lost a battle as long as we were producing good IP so I think it would be good as something different to have an incentive.

Personally I believe that outside if the top 3 teams don't mind having members who concede millions of IP as long as they score a respectable amount - this would change team mates opinions of these turkeys. Have a look at your team mates if they lost 2500 fights that means they conceded in excess of 1m points.