PDA

View Full Version : cheaters and hackers

piercedtoy20
07-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Ok heres something what should be done with cheaters and hackers and the factions that harbor them.

My opinion is the hackers or cheater should be banned by mac address simce its easy to change ip address. And the faction should be permently disbanned with all members never being able to start another faction or be leader of another faction. But agian thats my opinion of what should be done.

Zulfiqaar
07-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Nah..banning a faction would not be correct. However, i believe that all contributions to the faction should be deducted double/triple and maybe some other forms of penalisation eg banned from wd for a month, or from fvf for 2weeks etc.

This shouldbe sufficient punishment for the faction to be more careful with recruits, or for the deliberate applicants they should understand that if they continue accepting cheats then they will continuously lose out..maybe even disbanded permanently for a third offense

Golf4life
07-14-2013, 06:04 PM
HA i think the banning from FvF for a month would be a reward, not a punishment.

Nah..banning a faction would not be correct. However, i believe that all contributions to the faction should be deducted double/triple and maybe some other forms of penalisation eg banned from wd for a month, or from fvf for 2weeks etc.

This shouldbe sufficient punishment for the faction to be more careful with recruits, or for the deliberate applicants they should understand that if they continue accepting cheats then they will continuously lose out..maybe even disbanded permanently for a third offense

Oceanz
07-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Ok heres something what should be done with cheaters and hackers and the factions that harbor them.

My opinion is the hackers or cheater should be banned by mac address simce its easy to change ip address. And the faction should be permently disbanned with all members never being able to start another faction or be leader of another faction. But agian thats my opinion of what should be done.

MAC address is specific to a physical device, correct? So a hacker could theoretically just transfer their game to another device.

Jessie02
07-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Gree is not gonna do that, you think for 1 minute that every top 25/50 team doesn't have them... I personally don't wanna know, however these faction that are spending thousands a piece for supremacy aren't gonna get punished, gree makes more money from the top 25 factions than they do from everyone else..... This game is not meant to be played free, so therefore those spending money make all the rules, this is nothing new, gree is simply following the footprint of life as we know it

quagmir
07-14-2013, 06:20 PM

It is not the job of the players to police hackers and they should receive no punishment. This is as dumb as you getting a ticket because a guy you work with was speeding.

CJ D
07-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Nahhh. I would think it's more like driving a car for your buddy who robs the bank and then takes you out to dinner at a fancy restaurant.

Alex Hunter
07-14-2013, 07:38 PM
??.?.???.?..?.?.?.

Zulfiqaar
07-14-2013, 07:47 PM
HA i think the banning from FvF for a month would be a reward, not a punishment.

This probably sounds stupid but why?? Personally i like it..almost free prizes right??
I dont like being attacked/ raided every hour but its not like the offending faction will be free from being attacked..infact they should be temporarily put in a "hall of shame" where every player in the game may attack them..thats a new idea in itself!

Socks
07-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Gree is not gonna do that, you think for 1 minute that every top 25/50 team doesn't have them... I personally don't wanna know, however these faction that are spending thousands a piece for supremacy aren't gonna get punished, gree makes more money from the top 25 factions than they do from everyone else..... This game is not meant to be played free, so therefore those spending money make all the rules, this is nothing new, gree is simply following the footprint of life as we know it

It wouldn't surprise me in the LEAST if some of the top "players" are either bots or Funzio/Gree employees. What better way to encourage people to spend money if they aren't competing for a top spot? I have a real hard time believing some of the totals top factions spend. If I made that kind of disposable income, I'd be on a yacht in a bed with my wife, not playing MW.

Just my opinion.

I am a cow
07-14-2013, 09:22 PM
??.?.???.?..?.?.?.

2000 night watch men?

Wingman GRI
07-14-2013, 10:23 PM
I remember that CJ wanted to publish a policy with regard to hackers. How they are threated and their factions. He wrote that shortly before Poland I think.

Alex Hunter
07-14-2013, 10:36 PM
2000 night watch men?

A few hours after an email response from Gree about the owner of the 2000 night watch men I was attacked again by him.

piercedtoy20
07-14-2013, 10:51 PM
A few hours after an email response from Gree about the owner of the 2000 night watch men I was attacked again by him.

Just goes to show gree says they are going to do something and dont. Itnwas probably a gree employee or buddy of a gree employee.

Col C Smythe
07-16-2013, 05:47 AM

You really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, do you?????

". . . every top 25/50 team . . ."

Seriously????

vball
07-16-2013, 07:22 AM
Many of the comments in regards to top teams having hackers and top players, etc is, well frankly, ignorant and unfounded in any truth, but mere speculation.

As a member of a top 50 factoin, having friends in many of them and observing top players over time, I would suggest to you that you take some time to read through old threads and hang out for a while before making such wild accusations.

Our family of factions among others is very sensitive to hackers. We are by no means perfect, but if we see something in someone's inventory that does not ring true, guess what they are either not allowed in, or booted immediately. I remember a friend of mine who was in a top faction, planning on leaving and joining us as there was a suspected hacker and he did not want to be associated with them.

Now there are factions that knowingly accept hackers and guess what, they are still there. That is an issue they and those will have to think about, but many of these factions win because they spend money. Lots and lots of money.

The top players have incomes that I can only dream about. A friend of mine took his company out of his garage and is not a major player and you would probably know his product if I told you. Am I jealous because he is enjoying success? What kind of friend is that? A friend supports and is thankful and says a prayer for his friend and I pray that he enjoys continued success and is protected from evil people who will try and steal from him. Bottom line is do not be jealous of those spending the bucks, be thankful for they allow all of the rest of us to play for free.

I am starting a list of factions that I know who have accepted known hackers. For me this is important. Just as I want my kids to be around people that are quality, I want to associate with the same. By not affiliating with hotheads and trolls it makes my game a more pleasant experience.

Sorry about the soapbox, back to point.

My hope in the end is that Gree will have some punitive damage for those that are in factions. Perhaps a bump down of one tier in a war.

I believe the hacker denigrates the game for all and creates an unnecessary distraction and thorn that should be removed. Dealing with hackers harshly and swiftly would be a good start.

There are many obvious signs. Look at factions that have all boosts. Look at factions that have 60 members. Is it not possible to have a search for quantity of units? Separate those out that are suspect and review them? Now in these cases many are legitimate, but my guess is many are not. At least it would be a start.

Web323
07-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Many of the comments in regards to top teams having hackers and top players, etc is, well frankly, ignorant and unfounded in any truth, but mere speculation.

As a member of a top 50 factoin, having friends in many of them and observing top players over time, I would suggest to you that you take some time to read through old threads and hang out for a while before making such wild accusations.

Our family of factions among others is very sensitive to hackers. We are by no means perfect, but if we see something in someone's inventory that does not ring true, guess what they are either not allowed in, or booted immediately. I remember a friend of mine who was in a top faction, planning on leaving and joining us as there was a suspected hacker and he did not want to be associated with them.

Now there are factions that knowingly accept hackers and guess what, they are still there. That is an issue they and those will have to think about, but many of these factions win because they spend money. Lots and lots of money.

The top players have incomes that I can only dream about. A friend of mine took his company out of his garage and is not a major player and you would probably know his product if I told you. Am I jealous because he is enjoying success? What kind of friend is that? A friend supports and is thankful and says a prayer for his friend and I pray that he enjoys continued success and is protected from evil people who will try and steal from him. Bottom line is do not be jealous of those spending the bucks, be thankful for they allow all of the rest of us to play for free.

I am starting a list of factions that I know who have accepted known hackers. For me this is important. Just as I want my kids to be around people that are quality, I want to associate with the same. By not affiliating with hotheads and trolls it makes my game a more pleasant experience.

Sorry about the soapbox, back to point.

My hope in the end is that Gree will have some punitive damage for those that are in factions. Perhaps a bump down of one tier in a war.

I believe the hacker denigrates the game for all and creates an unnecessary distraction and thorn that should be removed. Dealing with hackers harshly and swiftly would be a good start.

There are many obvious signs. Look at factions that have all boosts. Look at factions that have 60 members. Is it not possible to have a search for quantity of units? Separate those out that are suspect and review them? Now in these cases many are legitimate, but my guess is many are not. At least it would be a start.

Very well said...

BostonHammer
07-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Well put vball. When GREE bans a hacker it must be easy enough to remove all the cash that hacker donated. If the faction has already used the money, those bonuses should either be taken away or the faction would be "overdrawn". GREE in my opinion should still do this. They know what hackers they have removed and how much they have donated.

Tito89
07-16-2013, 09:22 AM

"footprint of life", who made you god? im sure if there was a hacker in the top 50 factions then we would find out because its not exactly hard to miss. just look at the pics we get from people who find a hacker, not hding anywhere are they? so any faction would be able to spot one.

hackerReporter
07-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Well, it is common for us to come across plenty of hackers.

One typical hacker i come across

-Level 1 boost building
-No cash building (IPH is only the command centre)
-1.9m attack 1.7m defence
-Got all the top units (and i mean those that are 10k-20k as well as the rest of the 4-6k units)
-For every top units, there are 2-3 of them.
-Level 250

Best joke is he goes around attacking people non stop and me being a mid level 250 got hit by him and raided.

His name is

Delta, Romeo, Delta, Alpha, Romeo, Charlie, Yankee.

Reported him long ago, but still, he is going around attacking people. Oh well.

i never mention his name though. it is the way your infer. :)

Tito89
07-16-2013, 10:02 AM
Well, it is common for us to come across plenty of hackers.

One typical hacker i come across

-Level 1 boost building
-No cash building (IPH is only the command centre)
-1.9m attack 1.7m defence
-Got all the top units (and i mean those that are 10k-20k as well as the rest of the 4-6k units)
-For every top units, there are 2-3 of them.
-Level 250

Best joke is he goes around attacking people non stop and me being a mid level 250 got hit by him and raided.

His name is

Delta, Romeo, Delta, Alpha, Romeo, Charlie, Yankee.

Reported him long ago, but still, he is going around attacking people. Oh well.

i never mention his name though. it is the way your infer. :)

lol, phonetic alphabet, really?

DutchMaestro253
07-19-2013, 12:43 AM
All hackers should be banned on ip & device id