PDA

View Full Version : Top Prize Restructuring Idea

the_brein
07-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Seeing as to first place is never a contested prize tier, I was thinking Gree should create another prize zone. Like the Holy Zone. Where it's got it's own prize. Syndicates would need to score minimum of 30 mil ip to reach that tier. After that, they would no longer be eligible for rankings. They would just receive all prizes and special prize for holy zone. Multiple syndicates could reach the holy zone.

This way, all prize categories would be competitively fought for. Including first place. Cuz lets face it, no one actually competes for first. It's FC all the way. No disputing that. FC will hold that down until they decide they don't wanna play with us anymore.

This may very well be a dumb idea. If so, then move along! Nothing to see here!

Ps. Much respect for FC.

Antheus
07-14-2013, 03:39 PM
...FC...? a very boring syndicate ...with all that $$$ spent...they could have developed a much better game...😺😺😺😺

BigMoney
07-14-2013, 03:45 PM
I don't know, what GREE did with the current prize payout was pretty diabolical. Obviously no one in FC gives half a **** about RP, so having +40% RP as the top prize seems like a middle finger to them. I don't know why they didn't just go full-monty and reuse the M-32 Thumper as the Top1 prize or something. FC isn't competing for anything but 1st place, and GREE put a really attractive prize in 3rd place (-20% off upgrade cost) which caused a lot of Top 10 teams to take a stab at it, which really drove everyone's total IP scores up. Right now 1st-2nd-3rd is sitting at 49, 45, and 44 million IP with 20 hours left. FC won Red Light District with something like 30mil IP. That's already crazy.

scott(ST6)
07-14-2013, 03:51 PM
i wish they had a prize for 4th so we could see where those sneaky indians are right now

sister morphine
07-14-2013, 03:53 PM
I don't know, what GREE did with the current prize payout was pretty diabolical. Obviously no one in FC gives half a **** about RP, so having +40% RP as the top prize seems like a middle finger to them. I don't know why they didn't just go full-monty and reuse the M-32 Thumper as the Top1 prize or something. FC isn't competing for anything but 1st place, and GREE put a really attractive prize in 3rd place (-20% off upgrade cost) which caused a lot of Top 10 teams to take a stab at it, which really drove everyone's total IP scores up. Right now 1st-2nd-3rd is sitting at 49, 45, and 44 million IP with 20 hours left. FC won Red Light District with something like 30mil IP. That's already crazy.
Why would you expect first prize to be the best on offer, seriously? There'd be little to battle for if the 1st to 3rd places were reversed. For Gree the bottom line is everything. At least this way there's 180 players will benefit not just the usual 60

Sandukan
07-14-2013, 03:55 PM
...FC...? a very boring syndicate ...with all that $$$ spent...they could have developed a much better game...��������
Does no one else find this hilarious? lol

Stooboot
07-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Ur a moron thats possibly the worst idea ive ever heard of. 30 mill ip holy zone suck my holy ....

the_brein
07-14-2013, 04:02 PM
It certainly doesn't cost anything to put bigger prizes for top 3. Wondering why gree didn't throw that two building upgrade in to the mix. Make it second place prize. That woulda certainly stirred the pot. They,certainly didn't see this current battle for second coming.

(CCK) Cam
07-14-2013, 04:03 PM
I am a moron thats possibly the worst idea ive ever heard of. 30 mill ip holy zone suck my holy ....Okay... So why are you a moron?

Stooboot
07-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Thats funny go rip off ogk some more

the_brein
07-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Okay... So why are you a moron?thanks for gettin my back brotha!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/the_brein/0AA461CB-C050-4F9F-B749-6A3C56234E65-6068-000002EF0A6917D0.jpg

Sandukan
07-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Why are you thanking him with your mouth wide open?
Suspect.

the_brein
07-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Why are you thanking him with your mouth wide open?
Suspect.youre the only one thinking about it. Go troll somewhere else please.

(CCK) Cam
07-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Why am i a troll? I forgot.Huh? I don't get it.

BigMoney
07-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Why would you expect first prize to be the best on offer, seriously? There'd be little to battle for if the 1st to 3rd places were reversed. For Gree the bottom line is everything. At least this way there's 180 players will benefit not just the usual 60

Uh, because that's the way prize structures normally work? You think the Olympics are going to start awarding gold medals for third place now?

The only reason there'd be nothing to battle for if the 1-3 prizes were reversed is because it's a foregone conclusion that FC is going to win. I can't think of any other competition that would ever reward third place more heavily than first (yeah yeah, I know that FC gets the upgrade modifiers etc too, yadda yadda).

I'm not arguing with it as a business decision, I already said it was brilliant-- it looks like the Top 3 teams are going to double their output from the previous war, making GREE a lot more money. And I know that it's at least somewhat in GREE's best interest not to make 1st place too powerful when it's always the same team winning it, since there would be no competition whatsoever if not even the Top 2-3 teams could touch the first place team.