PDA

View Full Version : Rewards for Faction Leaders...?

JohnnyR
07-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Being top three in an event gives ribbons currently. The little ribbons are nice, but serve no purpose.

What would you guys propose?

Here's a few I can think of:

*Special bonus unit awarded for each top 3 finish. 1/4%, 1/2%, 3/4% bonus to ally attack AND defense stats.

*Ally bonus. Get to use an additional ally to bring 4 additional units to battle.

*Valor bonus. 50,000, 35,000, 20,000.

I really favor the top two, obviously. However, anything would be nice.

Might be harder on the smaller factions as guys might split to form their own. Might strip away top 5 or 10 guys from big factions. Whatever the case, definately shake up factions, make things interesting

Chikin
07-14-2013, 01:43 PM
That's a GREAT idea. I am also 1st in my faction. That would be nice and intact that's what I thought when the 1st one happened. Too bad my guys used gold to try to beat me. Doesn't work and every member was pusses that it didn't pay off for them.

Tyrell R
07-14-2013, 03:30 PM
I think it would be a good idea to give something for a top 3 finish in your faction but it would be hard to implement because you cant really make an argument that the top 3 in a 4000 ranked faction should get the same prize as the top 3 in a top 10. Plus they are handing out prizes left and right now anyhow.

ProCision
07-14-2013, 03:40 PM
no ribbons on android. Android shows you what palce you are in.

War lord
07-14-2013, 04:06 PM
I think it would be a good idea to give something for a top 3 finish in your faction but it would be hard to implement because you cant really make an argument that the top 3 in a 4000 ranked faction should get the same prize as the top 3 in a top 10. Plus they are handing out prizes left and right now anyhow.Why not, some lower ranked factions work just as hard as the top ranked factions? The only thing that peeves me off about this game is that once ur on top its hard to get knocked off. But I guess that's life.

heal
07-14-2013, 04:43 PM
I'll create a new faction for my LLP account.

AlexFoo
07-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Why not, some lower ranked factions work just as hard as the top ranked factions? The only thing that peeves me off about this game is that once ur on top its hard to get knocked off. But I guess that's life.
he makes some sense. its not disrespectful, but if you're in a faction that's ranked 4000th in the overall event, and your first place person has 15,000BP points, its not really fair to give the same reward to someone who's in a 50th place faction and scoring 600,000+BP points to hold 1-2-3.

The FvF prizes are pretty weak anyway, and this event is nothing but a level forcing, so I don't push to be top 3 in my faction for this, but always am for WD points :)

Cmdr_Vessery
07-14-2013, 07:02 PM
There was WD that had prizes for the top three scoring members. Not sure which one it was, but there was one.

I think there should be a random draw if you will for the top 3 BP earners for each faction. Something like with the Boss event where there are 3 rare, 3 uncommon, and 3 common units as rewards. No matter what your WD ranking, top 3 players could have a chance to win a unit.

This would be a "more fair" option if you will for all factions to partake. It could be a tiered reward type system also..

Just an alternative idea.

Zulfiqaar
07-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Few flaws in the exact working of the prizes..something somehow doesnt add up..
Great idea though, id love to see something that rewards factions internally...how about giving the faction leader a chance to reward his members by a cash/valor bonus, maybe even deduct from faction vault at a 30% cost..

maybe even award concrete at the cube root of bp scored, with a new way of doing personal boosts with concrete (or any other use)

Lastly, about the extra ally thing..id really like to see mercenaries become additional to the standard 500 allies..or even be allowed 10 units per mercenary instead of 4..in that case many would try to levelup maps..and more lockboxes too

What do u guys think??

Golf4life
07-14-2013, 07:40 PM
I'll create a new faction for my LLP account.

^^^ this is why it won't ever happen

JohnnyR
07-14-2013, 07:51 PM
he makes some sense. its not disrespectful, but if you're in a faction that's ranked 4000th in the overall event, and your first place person has 15,000BP points, its not really fair to give the same reward to someone who's in a 50th place faction and scoring 600,000+BP points to hold 1-2-3.

The FvF prizes are pretty weak anyway, and this event is nothing but a level forcing, so I don't push to be top 3 in my faction for this, but always am for WD points :)

If you're in a faction with all the boosts, you have the benefit of better stats though. I mean, would it be worth it to leave a faction that gets good prizes and ranking to be in a bottom tier faction just for that little prize? THAT's the kind of decision and tactical thinking that would make these sort of prizes exciting and worth ponderng.

There was WD that had prizes for the top three scoring members. Not sure which one it was, but there was one.

I think there should be a random draw if you will for the top 3 BP earners for each faction. Something like with the Boss event where there are 3 rare, 3 uncommon, and 3 common units as rewards. No matter what your WD ranking, top 3 players could have a chance to win a unit.

This would be a "more fair" option if you will for all factions to partake. It could be a tiered reward type system also..

Just an alternative idea.

That's a pretty good idea. Make it a token prize that's NOT a game changer, but something to smile about.

I think it would be a good idea to give something for a top 3 finish in your faction but it would be hard to implement because you cant really make an argument that the top 3 in a 4000 ranked faction should get the same prize as the top 3 in a top 10. Plus they are handing out prizes left and right now anyhow.

That's the thing though, you have to consider whether it's worth it to be big fish in a little pond, or little fish in big pond with lots of bonuses.

Few flaws in the exact working of the prizes..something somehow doesnt add up..
Great idea though, id love to see something that rewards factions internally...how about giving the faction leader a chance to reward his members by a cash/valor bonus, maybe even deduct from faction vault at a 30% cost..

maybe even award concrete at the cube root of bp scored, with a new way of doing personal boosts with concrete (or any other use)

Lastly, about the extra ally thing..id really like to see mercenaries become additional to the standard 500 allies..or even be allowed 10 units per mercenary instead of 4..in that case many would try to levelup maps..and more lockboxes too

What do u guys think??

Something doesn't add up? Lol, these are just skeletal workings of what can fit into the MW model already. You're coming up with concrete bonuses and a new type of ally-stuff that would take a lot of effort for GREE to implement.

To make something like a faction bonus work, being able to use MW ready prizes makes sense rather than create something from the ground up. This is a minor idea, not some grand scheme.

jchow69
07-15-2013, 06:46 AM
So does that mean that anyone can start a faction for the fvf and just win without trying?

jchow69
07-15-2013, 06:47 AM
We should have these rewards only valid in a faction with at least 40 members or something like that to not allow one man factions.

Tournai
07-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Agree!! give me something extra when i become in the top 3!!!
There is no use to it anymore for me! I level Up! get a lot of XP, for a little price that everyone in the top 10000 gets!

call it the faction Carry Unit! LOL

Tournai
07-15-2013, 07:20 AM
So does that mean that anyone can start a faction for the fvf and just win without trying?

Every 3 top player from a faction that end at least in the top 10000. Problem solved!

vball
07-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Great idea Johnny.

I would suggest for the top prize:

1 extra ally.

:-)

andypandy2
07-15-2013, 08:52 AM
I think a special prize would work:

http://www.55buick.com/modernWar/hotdogcart.png

jchow69
07-15-2013, 10:13 AM