PDA

View Full Version : Damn Crashing!!

ash.dew
07-14-2013, 02:03 AM
Hey all,

I am not sure if I am the only one facing crash issues every 5 minutes. I am using an Android device and it's happening so often that I am severely annoyed and planning to un-install this game forever.

Yash

ffp
07-14-2013, 02:20 AM
It is crashing because it uses up too much memory and or memory leakage, over 350mb RAM on my device. A restart of the phone usually fixes it.

My problem is the amount of time required to go from rival to rival. One time I regened 3 stamina before it finish loading the base. I am not USA flag either.

SPWD
07-14-2013, 02:24 AM
I am getting roughly 30 crashes a day and it's not improved since the last update, they are useless aren't they.

Fatherllama
07-14-2013, 02:39 AM
On Android (obviously), I can only go to one rival's base right now without crashing. When I attempt to go to a second, it crashes, I reload the game, and it crashes on login. I then restart the game for a second time and I can go to one more base. It makes the FvF event even more tedious than it ordinarily is.

bavinok
07-14-2013, 07:13 AM
never had a problem til the last 2 updates that were made to fix crashes. Now they fixed it so my phone crashes all the time.

ash.dew
07-15-2013, 10:03 PM
ffp, agreed!! But they always claim to come up with the fix and the funniest part is the fix screws it up even more. Not sure how long I will continue playing this game.

It is crashing because it uses up too much memory and or memory leakage, over 350mb RAM on my device. A restart of the phone usually fixes it.

My problem is the amount of time required to go from rival to rival. One time I regened 3 stamina before it finish loading the base. I am not USA flag either.

candyson
07-15-2013, 10:13 PM
I am having very little problems, and I'm on Android. Only an occasional force close, and the stat display glitch.

dbznumber1
07-15-2013, 10:28 PM
It might be the device your using. On my two year old HTC ModernWar lagged, crashed, restarted and had to force close a lot. Bought a Nexus 7, moved my account to it and everything ran smooth. Ive since replaced my old phone with a new S4 moved my account to it and everything still runs great. The only real problem I have is inflated stats, which didnt become a problem till about a month ago after one of Gree's updates.

Wai
07-15-2013, 10:28 PM
I don't know if this is relevant or not to your issue but The Samsung Galaxy has inherent flaws that causes it to freeze and do other random odd things. This has been an ongoing issue with Samsung from model to model. There are various fixes but all of them temporary as far as I am aware. There is no real consistency with the issue either. What works for one, doesn't necessarily for another.

RoseByAnyOtherName
07-15-2013, 10:30 PM
I spend more time dealing with force closes than I get to spend playing the game. Please, can't the game be a little more stable? It is really starting to be a big disadvantage to play on the Android platform. And since I can't transfer from Droid to iOS, and will not start over with a new account, I am being faced with deciding whether this is worth all the trouble anymore. Please guys, fix this while we still want to play.

candyson
07-15-2013, 10:53 PM
It might be the device your using. On my two year old HTC ModernWar lagged, crashed, restarted and had to force close a lot. Bought a Nexus 7, moved my account to it and everything ran smooth. Ive since replaced my old phone with a new S4 moved my account to it and everything still runs great. The only real problem I have is inflated stats, which didnt become a problem till about a month ago after one of Gree's updates.
Yeah, I'm on a Nexus 7 with Android 4.2.2

Madcowdave
07-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Force-closes and inability to load rivals bases is the way this game works on Android. Pretty much always has been that way. BTW, I upgrade my phone regularly and it's the same on various platforms. I like to think of Gree as being run by a bi-polar 8 year old. If you think about it for awhile, it all makes sense that way. I digress.

Anyway I've learned to look on the bright side - here's how all the force-closes and bugs have helped me. I was great at camping before I even knew what that was: Since I couldn't load rivals bases, I just built my own. I've also reduced my spending since the game became even more buggy a few months ago. The "wait until they go away or don't care anymore" approach that is the customer support system has also helped with that. So cheer up, restart your phone, upgrade a building and find something in real life to do :D :D :D