PDA

View Full Version : Android users and valor units

Richard79
07-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Who here is on android? Are you havin heavy losses with your valor units? Below is grees responce to the problem but i ask why is it only since the update and only on android and not apple or ios platforms? What is our money not good enough for you? Can a mod please look into this and post some sort of explanation coz the reply below is total garbage. Im trying to be nice but when i raid a total of 22 times to a rival of the same stats ish and only lose 3 battles but lose 8000ish worth of valor units. In what kind of game is this normal. I expect to see losses but not like this and not only on 1 platform. If this was on another platform ie apple you would be on it like well we all know where im goin with that!.

Hello Richard,
Thanks for the inquiry, and we will be glad to explain what is going on there. First some background. There are a limited number of units that you can bring to battle: for every level of your character, 5 allies can join you in battle if you have them, to a max of 500 at level 100. For each of those allies, you can bring 4 units to battle.Here's the thing: if all or most of those units are low casualty, you will still lose some. When looking at casualties after a battle, the game does not consider units you aren't using. So for example, if you can bring 500 units to battle, and have 500 low casualty powerful units and 1000 less powerful units that are high casualty, you're going to lose the low casualty ones because those are the ones you are using.
Regards

SPWD
07-13-2013, 10:20 AM
They don't care mate, see my threads, or the lack of response or support.

Steve

keeskiller
07-13-2013, 10:25 AM
yeah wel noohw... that is one helpfull answer haha :P

but i don't know if the valor units are dieing alot, because all my (4atk &5def valor, JungleStalkers are already gone, had 50 of them) And for example my Gign are there with 34 left..

So i used the gign probably not,, but not sure.. And those with 4 atk defenetly not xD

And they are all gone haha (Have 200k atk so.. well)

Thief
07-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Who here is on android? Are you havin heavy losses with your valor units? Below is grees responce to the problem but i ask why is it only since the update and only on android and not apple or ios platforms? What is our money not good enough for you? Can a mod please look into this and post some sort of explanation coz the reply below is total garbage. Im trying to be nice but when i raid a total of 22 times to a rival of the same stats ish and only lose 3 battles but lose 8000ish worth of valor units. In what kind of game is this normal. I expect to see losses but not like this and not only on 1 platform. If this was on another platform ie apple you would be on it like well we all know where im goin with that!.

Hello Richard,
Thanks for the inquiry, and we will be glad to explain what is going on there. First some background. There are a limited number of units that you can bring to battle: for every level of your character, 5 allies can join you in battle if you have them, to a max of 500 at level 100. For each of those allies, you can bring 4 units to battle.Here's the thing: if all or most of those units are low casualty, you will still lose some. When looking at casualties after a battle, the game does not consider units you aren't using. So for example, if you can bring 500 units to battle, and have 500 low casualty powerful units and 1000 less powerful units that are high casualty, you're going to lose the low casualty ones because those are the ones you are using.
Regards

Sorry but that problem isn't Exclusive to Android.
Its known as casualties and that's how majority of the game felt to me until they started to release LOTS of Indestructible units.

So I only bring 500 units that can die into battle while you bring 1500 that can die.
You are going to loose 3x as many units (not even calculating the Very low Casualty units vs High Casualty Units)

My recommendation is to not attack players unless you are doing it for an event that is going to give you a good return. That's how I still play to this day.

Richard79
07-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Its retarded coz its all i lose and the odd and i mean odd cash unit. Ive given up with my brigend lightening. I had 100 of them yesterday at start of fvf and now have less than 50 left and there ment to be low loss. I dont wann sound like im havin a winge about losein units in a war game coz i accept that but surely it should be high loss units and not the most expensive low loss units. There is no logic to it. All members in my faction have no issue with unit loss unless there on droid.

07-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Your valor units have a verry high death rate. I am used to it I loose one per battle I just replace them each fight. Im 400 units away from having an indestructable army or maybe even less. With my stat flucuation I dont even notice the units when they die. I have over a 300 k fluctuation one time it will be 1.1 mil and next attack would be 800k

Chuck Nuts
07-13-2013, 11:54 AM
I am a long-time Android player and there has definitely been a big increase in casualties recently, but I believe that it is on-par with the iOS users.

After various experimentation efforts, it seems like you are much more likely to lose units when you are attacking than defending. I've been trading punches with a few guys of comparable stats to mine for a long time and with several different rivals I have demonstrated that I will lose more valor/farmed units when I am winning attacks against them than what they lose when they are defeated by me. One might simply conclude that I am using more units that have higher casualty rates than my rivals until they attack me back and the reverse becomes true where they are losing more units than I do even when they win.

I'm sure that this has been mentioned before, but extensive data confirms that win or lose and the difference in stats between the rivals does not seem to have any statistically significant effect on casualties. It seems to be simply a matter of how many destructible units participate in the battle from each combatant.

The casualty rate of different units is definitely the biggest factor and it is very poorly communicated by the "high" "medium" "low" "very low" designations that Gree displays. It is also easy to forget that every one of your units with a high attack stat might participate in a battle even if you have 500 of a "very high" casualty unit with slightly lower attack stats then they may sit on the sidelines while you keep losing units with "very low" casualty rates.

The "golden army" concept seems to confuse people as well. With a free daily scratcher and all the LTQ events it does not take very long for any player to accumulate more than 2000 indestructible units. However, most of those units have weak stats so they don't ever go into battle. I like to think of them as immortal cheerleaders hanging out to encourage all of my good units. Or perhaps like that friend we all know who says things like "I dare you to drink 20 beers and then drive past the police station while I moon them from the back seat!" ....because its the driver who ends up getting arrested. Most of us have hundreds or even thousands of indestructible units that do nothing but clutter up our inventory screens.

Remember that the number of indestructible units you bring to battle is likely to be different during attack or defense. Your top 2000 units for defense might be comprised of 1900 indestructibles and 100 valor units, but during attack you might have 600 valor units with better stats than your indestructibles so you only bring 1400 indestructible units to the fight..... in this example your odds of losing a unit is much higher when attacking than defending.

Drop your allies down far enough and anyone can have a golden army. Take a little time to fall off of your rivals' newsfeeds first, but then drop your allies and you will be paired against a bunch of other rivals with low allies as well. Trust me, you can have as much fun playing this game with 50 allies as you can with 500 allies.... just different names on your rivals list. You can smack each other back and forth all day without a single casualty, then when a boss event comes around you just send out a few hundred alliance requests and now you can use all your best valor/farmed units to hit the boss.

Ultimately, a lot of confusion could be cleared up if Gree would let us see a list of our top 2000 attack units and top 2000 defense units. This would make it much easier for players to understand their situation.... We don't really get much value from looking at our top 45 units; we really need to know about the weakest units that we are taking into each battle.

Kind regards.

SuperSonic Chimp
07-13-2013, 04:04 PM
So far since yesterday, ive lost 166 expert attack drones...its insane. Ive went thru 220k valor in less than 24 hrs trying to replenish them!

Richard79
07-13-2013, 04:14 PM
So far since yesterday, ive lost 166 expert attack drones...its insane. Ive went thru 220k valor in less than 24 hrs trying to replenish them!

And i thought i had it bad. It makes no difference if im the attker or being attked i always lose valor even when i win i still lose valor units.

YourPastLife
07-13-2013, 07:42 PM
I have started to lose valor units while being attacked and winning the attack now also along with loosing more during attacks and getting attacked