PDA

View Full Version : Are You a Constant Target?

Evil Mastermind
07-12-2013, 05:21 AM
Do you have players that hit your base constantly? Are the super strong gold players targeting you day after day? Are you tired of it? Wouldn't it be nice to strike back just once?

What if GREE leveled the playing field in just a slight way. No I am not talking about devaluing anyone's purchases but maybe taking back a tiny piece of their relentless superiority.

I would like to see a new BOOST building. We already have a GOLDen composite building that increases defense. Why not a GOLDen attack building.. The NUCLEAR SILO! {unlocked Level 100, cost: 500 gold - initially!} :D

This building will boost your attack (2x)! Don't get too excited! It only doubles your attack for a single attack or raid, once you have activated it. "Turning the key" so to speak will cost 10 gold. Once the attack has been used, the building becomes inactive just like when a building has been raided. It cannot be reactivated by simply clicking on it. It must be recharged again with 10 gold. And yes, 3 raids on it will take it out. So use it quickly!

Imagine the possibilities...

• You find a Level 10 AMR or AC but you aren't quite strong enough to raid it. Simply activate your silo and have at it!
• Is someone stealing all your money? What's the point of a "revenge" button when you can't ever seek revenge?!? Give that "revenge" button new meaning!
• Turn the tides on that pesky army that visits your base daily. Maybe if they are no longer completely invincible, the bullying will stop! No you can't decimate them as they may continue to do to you, but at least show them they are not impervious to a loss every once and awhile!

How about it GREE? Seems like a money-maker to me.

-Evil Mastermind

Biensoi
07-12-2013, 05:30 AM
Briliant idea!!
You give them a direct link to your base and payed 10 gold doing so

Evil Mastermind
07-12-2013, 05:32 AM
Briliant idea!!
You give them a direct link to your base and payed 10 gold doing so

More times than not, they already have a direct link and one currently has no way of retaliation.

Biensoi
07-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Do you think they care?

Evil Mastermind
07-12-2013, 05:39 AM
Do you think they care?

Who? GREE?

If "they" is GREE, then yes. I think GREE cares about making more money. I am giving them an idea to do just that, and adding an element of fun for the players at same time.

JimmyThePick
07-12-2013, 05:44 AM
Definitely like the idea! It would certainly spice things up a bit, and generate some revenue. A win-win for everyone.

Biensoi
07-12-2013, 05:47 AM
Who? GREE?
since you're in my head, you should know:cool:

Evil Mastermind
07-12-2013, 05:50 AM
since you're in my head, you should know:cool:

Apparently, I am already in YOUR head, because you are posting on MY thread! LMAO! :D

NEXT?!?

InglouriousBastard
07-12-2013, 06:02 AM
haha i like that...
who gets pissed sooner - me the one using the normal attacks or the rival using 10gold per attack and leaving a link in the news

LoveAndPeace
07-12-2013, 06:06 AM
Looooove this idea!
The only way to bring back the pain.
And would even force whales to become a bit less arrogant
and leave their ACs uncollected for 5 hrs ... :)
So making them feel the uncertainties of life again.
Sounds pretty much like asymmetric warfare

Evil Mastermind
07-12-2013, 06:08 AM
haha i like that...
who gets pissed sooner - me the one using the normal attacks or the rival using 10gold per attack and leaving a link in the news

But would they not currently be upset already? With this new element, it may give some a feeling of retribution that cant currently be obtained. Assuming, they want to spend a little gold and dont mind the pummeling that may ensue afterwards! LOL :D

S&H Max
07-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Or a Power attack for 10 stamina!

Ok I'm dreaming! Problem is with all the def bonus usually players have 30% more def than attack and sometimes even more I have a lot of rival who I can't hit and they can't hit me either (straith attack not raid) Amybe it was intended to be that way but if there was a way to turn that the other way than we would see revenge and retaliation. I'm sure PVP would increase a lot!

Biensoi
07-12-2013, 06:11 AM
The more i think about it, the more i like the idea.
Seems everyone benefits from the idea, Gree, the one using the normal attack and the rival using 10gold per attack
Again, briliant idea!!

Evil Mastermind
07-12-2013, 06:16 AM
The more i think about it, the more i like the idea.
Seems everyone benefits from the idea, Gree, the one using the normal attack and the rival using 10gold per attack
Again, briliant idea!!

I had a feeling you would see the light.

Cheers!

GeekKid101
07-12-2013, 07:07 AM
It's a great idea. But I would be inclined not to use it on a Gold player. The beating I would catch afterwards is no laughing matter, they'll probably make their faction’s quarter just sitting on my base. Lol

Tito89
07-12-2013, 07:14 AM
good idea but why not have it so free players can buy it for say 10million cash and upgrade it like any other building but it gives you an ability like with world domination, pay ten gold to boost your stats per time, that way free players can increase there stats and the gold players can get stronger per attack in a fair way for all. ps you have a lot of great ideas dude :)

Evil Mastermind
07-12-2013, 07:36 AM
good idea but why not have it so free players can buy it for say 10million cash and upgrade it like any other building but it gives you an ability like with world domination, pay ten gold to boost your stats per time, that way free players can increase there stats and the gold players can get stronger per attack in a fair way for all. ps you have a lot of great ideas dude :)

Not condemning your modification, but the whole intent of my ideas are to provide an additional fun element but at same time include GREE in the benefit. Giving it away for in-game currency defeats the purpose.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Sgt Squirrel
07-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Evil, a slight modification would be to have the upgraded building allow you to do 3 - 4 raids/attacks at the higher strength to allow you to take out the building. I realize your number could be arbitrary as the point to the idea so compliment the overall strategy on this one.

Sgt Squirrel
07-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Not condemning your modification, but the whole intent of my ideas are to provide an additional fun element but at same time include GREE in the benefit. Giving it away for in-game currency defeats the purpose.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Evil, I think that on some of these ideas there needs to be a way to have some cash alternative, because you want to get free players to move towards gold. Therefore, perhaps allow the building to be used for cash, but make the cost go up exponentially! Then, everyone (including free users) get a certain number of times to activate their building to get their feet wet... and BAM, more gold users that couldn't get enough.

Evil Mastermind
07-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Evil, I think that on some of these ideas there needs to be a way to have some cash alternative, because you want to get free players to move towards gold. Therefore, perhaps allow the building to be used for cash, but make the cost go up exponentially! Then, everyone (including free users) get a certain number of times to activate their building to get their feet wet... and BAM, more gold users that couldn't get enough.

I understand. For now I have been working on the money makers. I will focus on some added benefits for cash and valor too. The genius will continue for all players.

MrJlumanji
07-12-2013, 06:14 PM
I like it. I like all of Evil Masterminds ideas. I like it a lot.

Snipey
07-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Will you guys give this guy a job at gree already?

jgmecarter
07-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Thereis no way that this will work. What does it matter if you hit a person sstronger than you a couple of times? Not only will it cost you real money to do it, but it will just make the stronger player want to level your base more. Why would the non gold users by gold to to hit someone stronger a couple of times when they could just by gold that they have never bought before and by stronger units that would make them stronger from then on out. It is not revenge just because you slapped the person that beat you up up two days prior and then got beat up again for it. Revenge is when you got beat up and then you went and trained your butt off and then went back and beat the person up and made them never want to look in your direction again. Your building idea would be a very bad idea for all people that tried your theory.

Evil Mastermind
07-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Thereis no way that this will work. What does it matter if you hit a person sstronger than you a couple of times? Not only will it cost you real money to do it, but it will just make the stronger player want to level your base more. Why would the non gold users by gold to to hit someone stronger a couple of times when they could just by gold that they have never bought before and by stronger units that would make them stronger from then on out. It is not revenge just because you slapped the person that beat you up up two days prior and then got beat up again for it. Revenge is when you got beat up and then you went and trained your butt off and then went back and beat the person up and made them never want to look in your direction again. Your building idea would be a very bad idea for all people that tried your theory.

I am curious about the type of stats you have in mind? Sure if you are thinking about players with 10-100k then certainly, why would one bother? One should invest the gold in units. But if you live in the levels above level 100, you know that many players have 500k, 1mil, 2 mil, 3mil+ stats. It would take someone a lot of real money (thousands of of dollars) to go from 500k to 1mil stats quickly. But one could easily fire up his/her nuclear silo and retaliate against someone twice their stats for a measily 10 gold/hit.

07-13-2013, 12:18 AM
I know a bunch of people would use it to beat pj just to say they beat pj

Wai
07-13-2013, 01:46 AM
How would that reduce the attacks? It wouldn't; more likely increase them.

If you were going to do that a different way for the not so strong is to purchase base protection for an hour. They lose one random indestructible per attack. Not a great idea though all the same.

Evil Mastermind
07-13-2013, 03:51 AM
How would that reduce the attacks? It wouldn't; more likely increase them.

It may not. It might be interesting to see if the dynamic would change. I likely would no longer camp on someone's base that was marginally weaker than me if I knew they could potentially strike back and take my over-vault cash and/or take down my ACs and Rigs.

It's all for discussion. No way to know if either of us are right or wrong unless the game contained the feature.

Pro
07-13-2013, 05:05 AM
Evil, I see the grand plan is still moving forward. What is your next idea?

jgmecarter
07-13-2013, 07:17 AM
I am curious about the type of stats you have in mind? Sure if you are thinking about players with 10-100k then certainly, why would one bother? One should invest the gold in units. But if you live in the levels above level 100, you know that many players have 500k, 1mil, 2 mil, 3mil+ stats. It would take someone a lot of real money (thousands of of dollars) to go from 500k to 1mil stats quickly. But one could easily fire up his/her nuclear silo and retaliate against someone twice their stats for a measily 10 gold/hit.

I am level 101 and my stats are 167k/202k. I do not use gold. And the one thing I am not looking to do it tick off the guys that have stats that are a lot higher than mine. I just think it is a bad idea to to pay to hit someone that can smash your base anytime that they want. Gild would be better spent on these events or on units. Who cares if you can say that you beat someone that has higher stats. Especially when they are going to take everything that you make when you are telling people who you beat

keeskiller
07-13-2013, 07:43 AM
hmm well don't think much people are going to pay so much for that building, you should stop worrying and don't attack them back, the will be out of your base in a few hours.. haha and i would personelly buy a vault with money than this..

But good idea ;)

Bravo Zulu
07-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Perhaps it isn't bullying when someone hits your base over and over, perhaps it is the nature of the game. While you were busy buying and upgrading your buildings I was busy building my attack and defense. I am strong for my level by design. And no, it wasn't from buying a golden army, there used to be other ways- pay attention to valor, farm units, attack low relative and loot units from other players...

But here is the rule of thumb. Don't build things you can't protect. I raid up to 30 million a day. I am constantly surprised by people's low stats when they have a full set of 2 of each LE building- upgraded, and stats below 200k. When I look, the boost buildings aren't maxed, neither are their defense buildings. Did your faction buy the building defense? It doesn't cost much and we did it without any of us having those first few LE buildings. And just where do your skill points go? How much have you invested those skill points in attack and defense.

Use your head, your gold, and the things built into the game to defend your base. Trust me, you don't want the wrath resulting from revenge and a temporary increase. They will punish you. And you will either end up spending the thousands of dollars you wanted to avoid spending, or they will take everything you have.

Listen, this is a war game, not Mr. Roger's neighborhood. I could complain that I get terrible battle points because it is hard to find anyone worth hitting. These tournaments have a few on the top having to hit each other over and over to get decent BPs. Maybe we could have a building that temporarily lowers our stats so that when I attack someone level 172 with less than 100k stats I would get an increase in battle points...

Geesh. I will never make Special Ops at this rate...

jchow69
07-13-2013, 12:38 PM
I don't really get attacked much except maybe in the WD, but ya, I guess life is good if you have a high defense.

jchow69
07-13-2013, 01:57 PM
I am level 109 with 170k defense.

Evil Mastermind
07-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Perhaps it isn't bullying when someone hits your base over and over, perhaps it is the nature of the game. While you were busy buying and upgrading your buildings I was busy building my attack and defense. I am strong for my level by design. And no, it wasn't from buying a golden army, there used to be other ways- pay attention to valor, farm units, attack low relative and loot units from other players...

But here is the rule of thumb. Don't build things you can't protect. I raid up to 30 million a day. I am constantly surprised by people's low stats when they have a full set of 2 of each LE building- upgraded, and stats below 200k. When I look, the boost buildings aren't maxed, neither are their defense buildings. Did your faction buy the building defense? It doesn't cost much and we did it without any of us having those first few LE buildings. And just where do your skill points go? How much have you invested those skill points in attack and defense.

Use your head, your gold, and the things built into the game to defend your base. Trust me, you don't want the wrath resulting from revenge and a temporary increase. They will punish you. And you will either end up spending the thousands of dollars you wanted to avoid spending, or they will take everything you have.

Listen, this is a war game, not Mr. Roger's neighborhood. I could complain that I get terrible battle points because it is hard to find anyone worth hitting. These tournaments have a few on the top having to hit each other over and over to get decent BPs. Maybe we could have a building that temporarily lowers our stats so that when I attack someone level 172 with less than 100k stats I would get an increase in battle points...

Geesh. I will never make Special Ops at this rate...

So quick to assume that I am the one being bullied. LOL I just love the condescending tone in so many people's posts. I'm just thinking out loud on this forum. Maybe you shouldn't take everything at face value and stop casting your assumptions so wildly.

I have no problem protecting my buildings. Just thought it was a fun idea. If this option were available I would lay into some higher stat players for the fun of it. How are they going to punish me? It's a game, no one can hurt me. LOL. You totally missed the point of the thread. Maybe you shouldn't take this game so seriously.

Relax...Maybe you'll get it right next time. Cheers!

jchow69
07-13-2013, 02:05 PM
I do get targeted, but I usually end up in the winning side even against people with close to 200k attack.

Bravo Zulu
07-13-2013, 04:21 PM
So quick to assume that I am the one being bullied. LOL I just love the condescending tone in so many people's posts. I'm just thinking out loud on this forum. Maybe you shouldn't take everything at face value and stop casting your assumptions so wildly.

I have no problem protecting my buildings. Just thought it was a fun idea. If this option were available I would lay into some higher stat players for the fun of it. How are they going to punish me? It's a game, no one can hurt me. LOL. You totally missed the point of the thread. Maybe you shouldn't take this game so seriously.

Relax...Maybe you'll get it right next time. Cheers!

Hmmm. Especially given the last comment, I thought it was quite clear I was being facetious. I will work on that. You know, making my intent more clear. Because I am sure you you must be right about me. I just don't know what I was thinking.

Next time, I will read your thread, assume it has nothing to do with you, and just agree that your ideas are brilliant! Who needs to actually play this game anyway? Strategy is for the birds, let's just get a building to do the job. Yeah- that's it. Why should the people who get attacked and raided work on their defense at all? I'm sorry I was being uptight. Yes, I will work on relaxing. Thank you so much for that gem.

(Deliberate sarcasm. Thought I would contrast that with the post above in case of confusion. Dang. See, now that was condescending)

And in case I'm not clear- this post was written with a smile. Lol I think it's quirky.

Armand2REP
07-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Do you have players that hit your base constantly? Are the super strong gold players targeting you day after day? Are you tired of it? Wouldn't it be nice to strike back just once?

I had a guy picking my base every day last week. I got him to stop by going under-vault and attacking him numerous times every day and promising to do it until he vanished from my news feed. It sucks being leveled up with no gain.

recruiter237
07-19-2013, 09:58 AM
50/50 here, but defences getting stronger everyday.