PDA

View Full Version : MW no longer works on my Kindle

thundarr
07-11-2013, 06:42 AM
I knew it was too good to be true. MW stopped working on my Kindle. It loads and then crashes. I get message "Sorry! The application Modern War (process.jp.gree.modernwar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I deleted and reloaded and no difference. At this point I give up. I was already so far behind my iOS and Android games that I don't care any more. If they fix it fine if not that's fine too. My last Kindle related post. My Kindle will be relegated to its original function as an eReader (plus its my wifes even though I commandeered it to play MW).

Mongo
07-11-2013, 08:46 AM
keep the faith thundarr. I'd still recommend just sideloading the other droid version. Sideloading is not in any rational view anywhere close the gray area of impropriety. If Amazon wanted they could block you from sideloading, as they do for the Google Play site and anything emanating therefrom. My prior kindle version would crash all the time, and I would have to delete, reload THEN wait for data push to get my full stats, very annoying in WD or midway through a boss fight. The sideloaded version (knocking on wood) has NEVER crashed for me.

Roscoe782
07-11-2013, 09:11 AM
keep the faith thundarr. I'd still recommend just sideloading the other droid version. Sideloading is not in any rational view anywhere close the gray area of impropriety. If Amazon wanted they could block you from sideloading, as they do for the Google Play site and anything emanating therefrom. My prior kindle version would crash all the time, and I would have to delete, reload THEN wait for data push to get my full stats, very annoying in WD or midway through a boss fight. The sideloaded version (knocking on wood) has NEVER crashed for me.

Totally agree. Never had any problems with it. Thundarr, dude, I commend you for the fight because someone has to do it, but really, sideload it. Plus, I have seen you mention this whole truly sad story about your life, being behind, relegating, etc, etc, before.

9mm
07-11-2013, 09:51 AM
First post but been lurking on here for months.

Yeah I always played on my wifes phone but just bought the new Kindle HD. Downloaded MW and played till I was out of the tutorial, tried to transfer my original game. All the sudden the game says it can't load profile but it has my original game name listed. I can still play on my wife's phone.

Didn't figure sending in a ticket is even worth it.

Roscoe782
07-11-2013, 10:10 AM
First post but been lurking on here for months.

Yeah I always played on my wifes phone but just bought the new Kindle HD. Downloaded MW and played till I was out of the tutorial, tried to transfer my original game. All the sudden the game says it can't load profile but it has my original game name listed. I can still play on my wife's phone.

Didn't figure sending in a ticket is even worth it.

If your wife's phone is iOS it wouldn't work anyway....

9mm
07-11-2013, 11:24 AM
No hers is Android. I tried uninstalling from the device and wiping it, then deleting from the cloud but that still didn't fix it either.

What's the "background install" you guys are talking about? Looked it up here and on web don't see anything about that.

Thanks for the help.

Roscoe782
07-11-2013, 11:40 AM
No hers is Android. I tried uninstalling from the device and wiping it, then deleting from the cloud but that still didn't fix it either.

What's the "background install" you guys are talking about? Looked it up here and on web don't see anything about that.

Thanks for the help.

Sideloading

You use a third party instead of the amazon app store for an app. Make sure in kindle settings that you allow for third party apps.

I used 1mobile.com for the source of the *.apk file.
Download the modern war app, basically the google play version, to your computer.
Attach your kindle to your computer.
Transfer the file over into your kindle
Download a file viewing app, like ES File Explorer, on your Kindle Fire
Open ES File Explorer.
Find where you placed the modern war *.apk file and open it.
You will now install the modern war that android phone users are using with all the bells and whistles

PS. I uninstalled the modern war app from the kindle that was not working before doing any of this. My gamer file remained intact in the inner workings of the kindle and loaded perfectly into the sideloaded application

PPS. To enable third party applications to work on a kindle fire, go into Settings, Device, and press ON for "Allow Installation of Applications From unknown sources".

PPPS. I know, this isn't the true fix, but it has worked well for weeks. Even though GREE updated the Kindle app recently, it seems there is already trouble with it.

9mm
07-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the very detailed instructions Roscoe, I'll try as soon as I get off work and let you know if it works. If it doesn't I'll just send a ticket and wait a month or so.

thundarr
07-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Totally agree. Never had any problems with it. Thundarr, dude, I commend you for the fight because someone has to do it, but really, sideload it. Plus, I have seen you mention this whole truly sad story about your life, being behind, relegating, etc, etc, before.

I am playing it on my HTC One SV as well as my iPad mini and I really don't need 3 games going on simultaneously plus I feel guilty appropriating my wifes Kindle which was her Xmas present. It would be one thing if I had a bunch of bonus units but I have none so I will just forget about it plus its behind the my Android game at this point. Thanks for the suggestion though Roscoe.