PDA

View Full Version : Recent Update in regards to User Exploits *Fixed*!

Tardavic
07-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Greetings Everyone,

Our Development/Engineering Teams have brought to us some great news that everyone here at GREE is very proud and happy to share with you all today.

We have paid close attention to everyone's reports via support and here as well in the forums regarding players exploiting cheats to try to get a leg up on players that play the game fairly and legitimately (which we appreciate everyone's help in reporting these users). Our teams have been hard at work on finding out the methods people have been using to exploit certain aspects of the game and making sure we close out those exploits to stop and further prevent future attempts.

Below is a brief detailing on just what has been fixed recently:

Skill Point Exploiting

Our Teams have closed down and fixed an exploit in which players were using certain methods that allowed them to inflate their skill points well beyond what was intended and possible. This has been a thorn for many players for sure and you should now see less of this if at all. If you do still see any players abusing this, please report them and they will be banned.

Item/Unit Exploitations

We've implemented a series of fixes that help ensure players are unable to use methods to add unearned units/items to their accounts, such as valor units for example. This should help reduce any new players looking to inflate their accounts with unearned units. As always, please report any players that you see cheating and we will take care of them.

We hope you all enjoy the news and to continue enjoying Modern War.

Thanks!

piercedtoy20
07-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Ok whats being done about the players that have inflated skill points and inflated valor units

Sirius
07-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Ok whats being done about the players that have inflated skill points and inflated valor units

We are making sure they are banned by using our own tools and methods, to also reports from players. This way we make sure none slip through the cracks. As above stated, please always submit reports to support.

~Sirius

Kill Joy
07-13-2013, 06:43 PM
We are making sure they are banned by using our own tools and methods, to also reports from players. This way we make sure none slip through the cracks. As above stated, please always submit reports to support.

~Sirius

appreciate your hard work on fixing these issues, but can you please still explain, how these top players
are scoring millions of battle points per hour? Do you get more battle points rather than the average 350-500 when you are at much higher levels of playing? It's still frustrating. Hopefully you can clarify this up.

DFI
07-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks, but I am still getting raided daily by players with hundreds and sometimes thousands of transport raiders. Seems like such a simple fix but this is taking a very long time. You should aim to fix this before the battle for Australia so that these players are out of the game.

JGuerrero
07-15-2013, 02:31 PM
i very glad that your department fixed problems you were facing, HOW ABOUT FIXING THE PROBLEMS ANDROID USERS HAVE SUCH AS GETTING BOOTED OUT, NOT BEEN ABLE TO PLAY EVENTS ON TIME AND PROPER SERVER CONNECTION? WE PAY $ TO PLAY THE GAME. so we would be happier if you fix the problems your costumers have?

(CCK) Cam
07-15-2013, 02:49 PM
appreciate your hard work on fixing these issues, but can you please still explain, how these top players
are scoring millions of battle points per hour? Do you get more battle points rather than the average 350-500 when you are at much higher levels of playing? It's still frustrating. Hopefully you can clarify this up.its... Gold gold gold gold and more gold

Thief
07-15-2013, 03:24 PM
are scoring millions of battle points per hour? Do you get more battle points rather than the average 350-500 when you are at much higher levels of playing? It's still frustrating. Hopefully you can clarify this up.

Battle points are scored based on your opponents Rank and Defense (although if there is anything else that gree wants to give away in the forumula it would be much appreciated) Therefore When you have guys that are SpecOps with millions of defense going after each other they will score thousands of BP while you score a couple hundred.

lemonhaze
07-15-2013, 03:34 PM
are scoring millions of battle points per hour? Do you get more battle points rather than the average 350-500 when you are at much higher levels of playing? It's still frustrating. Hopefully you can clarify this up. kill joy i can get 2500 Bp from some players thats why its cool to get u a BP buddy that u can score on..

Mac Son
07-15-2013, 09:47 PM
I am glad to hear that more cheats have been fixed.

Brummied
07-22-2013, 04:51 AM
Hi Sirus,

it's unlike me to be negative but having suffered at the hands of hacker factions in the past as a member of the darkness, we were all geared up to buy gold to push for top 75 when we came across a faction with a dl that had 14mil def from 600 odd fvf top prize jets (the 20k beast unit!) you have had plenty of tickets from our players about them so why are they still playing and how did they get past your new tools and methods, they couldn't be more obvious cheating yet your new fixes dont seemed to work... what i'm really saying, that after hearing you'd fixed these to come across such players cast enough doubt among us that we still refuse to buy gold to play against cheating factions, please fix the factions first as a matter of priority as this is where you get paid from, sure it hasn't stopped the likes of ferr and sup from scoring so maybe you dont care about the minor leagues of top 75, heck its was top 10 we got cheated out of so why should top 75 get special treatment... it's such a shame you cant deal with exploiters that use SIMPLE tools to hack your insecure game! I hope to not see these faction in the final reckoning, denying other genuine factions of top place prizes again. It cost about $2000 dollars or so to get these top 75/100 prizes and i'm sure if they broke into your bank account and stole that, you'd do a lot more than you are a lot faster than you are to resolve this! Please secure your data streams so its not so easy to hack, many thanks!!!!!

~Sirius

dEMBOYZ
07-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Faction: Gods of War (26/28). Looking for very active ppl that are ready to be part of a up and coming faction. We have placed in the top 1200 the last 3 wars and our bonuses keep piling up. We would like higher stats and ppl that make a decent amount of money to be able to donate daily. our bonuses include. Health Regen 15%, Infantry Def 15%, Ground def 10%, Air Def 10%, Sea def 5%, building def 15%, building output 5%. we are looking to grow and be a force to be reckoned with. Faction Id# 109-376-089

Idiokus
07-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Hi Sirus,

it's unlike me to be negative but having suffered at the hands of hacker factions in the past as a member of the darkness, we were all geared up to buy gold to push for top 75 when we came across a faction with a dl that had 14mil def from 600 odd fvf top prize jets (the 20k beast unit!) you have had plenty of tickets from our players about them so why are they still playing and how did they get past your new tools and methods, they couldn't be more obvious cheating yet your new fixes dont seemed to work... what i'm really saying, that after hearing you'd fixed these to come across such players cast enough doubt among us that we still refuse to buy gold to play against cheating factions, please fix the factions first as a matter of priority as this is where you get paid from, sure it hasn't stopped the likes of ferr and sup from scoring so maybe you dont care about the minor leagues of top 75, heck its was top 10 we got cheated out of so why should top 75 get special treatment... it's such a shame you cant deal with exploiters that use SIMPLE tools to hack your insecure game! I hope to not see these faction in the final reckoning, denying other genuine factions of top place prizes again. It cost about $2000 dollars or so to get these top 75/100 prizes and i'm sure if they broke into your bank account and stole that, you'd do a lot more than you are a lot faster than you are to resolve this! Please secure your data streams so its not so easy to hack, many thanks!!!!!

Hey Brummied...well same thing that happened when I was with Darkness ...happened again with TBC!! Yes I agree if a top 10 faction gets this kind treatment can only imagine they care even less of lower factions!! This war was a nightmare very hard to accept this has happened again ...many team members in TBC were at darkness with me! So to see history repeat itself was very hard for our players! We just sat there again unable to fight and watch our hard work put into being 8th slip away!!! We ended up 11th ...sent in tickets and got same lame response like last time at darkness!!!
Funny either support can't read and for sure the people up there don't know how game works ...so it hurts to get back useless replies ...and very disrespectful towards peeps that spend a lot of money on this game. I know the games rules and how it works been playing all Gree games ...very insulting to send copy and paste replies to problems that exist but Gree refuses to admit! Really amusing...to send pictures as evidence and then get a reply that it's under investigation and there is NEVER a fix ...and honest players losing their hard earned units to hack factions! We had log in problems, there was a war that was declared on its own ...you name it! One member recieve a message from support that this can't happen ...why not have engineers check log or whatever to check instead of implying that it never happened when it did!
Crazy...clients are being called liers nicely?!?! Make it right for once Gree...look into our case seriously we are spending money and love this game but seems as if you don't care!!! To top it off heard one Darkness member got a top 10 unit for the error last time...meanwhile other members didn't! Meanwhile one faction member that was with Darkness too now in TBC was asked to send proof that he was in faction during the time this happened to darkness. Well he sent proof he was with faction and guess what never got the unit!

I'm very gutted by all this if you can help Sirus in anyway it would be much appreciated!!!

Brummied
07-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Hey iddy!

Yeah I think the customer service provided does not equate to spending, I could understand if we paid out a few quid, but the amount of money involved for most honest players is staggering and the treatment by gree is unparrelled in any other industry for after sales care! I was treated with more respect in prison and I wish that was a joke! Come on gree, a few digital pixels for you has cost us a small fortune, whatever happened to customer is always right, why would we make these stories up? Your offending your customers with your rude standard replies that bacically say we're wrong! And choose to ignore once you discover we weren't lying! I've tried we all have to appeal to your sense of decency... Please if you have one, fix this treatment! Iddy chin up love... :)

Wheeler
07-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Greetings Everyone,

Skill Point Exploiting

Our Teams have closed down and fixed an exploit in which players were using certain methods that allowed them to inflate their skill points well beyond what was intended and possible. This has been a thorn for many players for sure and you should now see less of this if at all. If you do still see any players abusing this, please report them and they will be banned.

Thanks!

I have a question regarding the skill point hacking. How can you tell if a player is skill point hacking if the info isn't shown when we attack or raid them? When I'm on my android account it shows my skill points but, only shows ??? In the place for their skill points. Wouldn't it be a lot easier if you showed their skill points? Also if we are given that info we can see relatively how much those skill points are doing for us, giving us the opportunity to spend our skill points more wisely.
Thanks!

Brummied
07-24-2013, 04:29 AM
Hi wheeler,

Hardest to spot skill point hackers, but if you ALWAYS lose battles to a lower stat player, skill points is probably the cause.. Hope this help you report the right kinda players!

I have a question regarding the skill point hacking. How can you tell if a player is skill point hacking if the info isn't shown when we attack or raid them? When I'm on my android account it shows my skill points but, only shows ??? In the place for their skill points. Wouldn't it be a lot easier if you showed their skill points? Also if we are given that info we can see relatively how much those skill points are doing for us, giving us the opportunity to spend our skill points more wisely.
Thanks!

I am a cow
07-24-2013, 05:06 AM
Hi wheeler,

Hardest to spot skill point hackers, but if you ALWAYS lose battles to a lower stat player, skill points is probably the cause.. Hope this help you report the right kinda players!

that explains why i lost to a guy with 312 defense (no k it was a level 12 guy)

Sgt Panzer
07-24-2013, 04:22 PM
can someone explain to me how i transfer my old account to my new iphone?

ProCision
07-25-2013, 07:53 PM
can someone explain to me how i transfer my old account to my new iphone?

You picked the best spot on the forums to asked this question.

#1 delete the game from your old phone.

#2 delete the game from your new phone.

Skysohigh
07-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Greetings Everyone,

Our Development/Engineering Teams have brought to us some great news that everyone here at GREE is very proud and happy to share with you all today.

We have paid close attention to everyone's reports via support and here as well in the forums regarding players exploiting cheats to try to get a leg up on players that play the game fairly and legitimately (which we appreciate everyone's help in reporting these users). Our teams have been hard at work on finding out the methods people have been using to exploit certain aspects of the game and making sure we close out those exploits to stop and further prevent future attempts.

Skill Point Exploiting

Item/Unit Exploitations

We've implemented a series of fixes that help ensure players are unable to use methods to add unearned units/items to their accounts, such as valor units for example. This should help reduce any new players looking to inflate their accounts with unearned units. As always, please report any players that you see cheating and we will take care of them.

Thanks!

Gree my attack drop* after update new data, n lost lots of nice units, pls do something about!, pls give me back my stuff, and* I lost my mission unit which I had just gotN also lost all my unit too which from the mission, this too much.... right now I m wasting time to wait from ur reply, n I cant do any mission with this stat!!!!!!!

Skysohigh
07-27-2013, 05:48 AM

~Sirius

Gree my attack drop* after update new data, n lost lots of nice units, pls do something about!, pls give me back my stuff, and* I lost my mission unit which I had just gotN also lost all my unit too which from the mission, this too much.... right now I m wasting time to wait from ur reply, n I cant do any mission with this stat!!!!!!!

Jarrod904
07-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Good too see more fixes in the right direction!

Dutchie
07-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Dear developers,

Back to the drawing board I'm afraid. We have provided a couple of suggestions in the now deleted thread. I suggest you start working on them because what is shown in that video can be prevented with a bit of server side ingenuity.

Groetjes,
Dutchie

Dutchie
07-29-2013, 05:37 PM
It is clear that the client is the weak point as they have been decompiling it using one of the many tools out there. You really need to move the critical stuff back onto the server, it is your only option to stop the exploits.

Idiokus
07-31-2013, 09:27 AM
@ Hayesben ...Yep...I'm sorry hayesben!!! My demands and my fellow factions members demands have actually been ignored! No decent response to anything that happened during this past war! Yes...it's crazy! It seems Gree does not care perhaps will start caring when too late!!! When all will tire of spending real money and as time goes by they will see revenues diminish...their support department is a joke!!! I read all your post can't believe they sent ya an explanation of how WD war works!!! Almost seem like a joke except that its not funny cause many invest quality time and money to play this game!!! Yep ...this is the kind of service ya get here! I truly hope it works out for ya...hope ya heard from them and they took care of your issues! Damn ...funny!!! We love and want to enjoy game and give them money for it but no one gives a crap! I never hear back from moderators when I post ...Crime city mark ...gone since a long time he was one few that cared and try his best to help out in the past! Oh well...the beginning of the end is near! Soon, already happening more and more will give up on these games! Feels like crap to spend on all Gree games and get this kind of treatment!! I'm beyond gutted...

Nullin
07-31-2013, 11:40 AM
When you see a player with 1mill atk/def does that throw a red flag? How can you actually report someone by looking at stats or there inventory? I have sent numerous tickets in with no response. Maybe some personal feedback from Gree on what to look for so we as players can help get rid of hackers and exploiters!

kimnix00
08-01-2013, 06:56 AM
Why is it when I go in and hit a enemy's building for funds and when I'm finished and start to the next enemy or go to my base that my phone freezes up and I do not get my funds from the building that I have hit and a lot of time I have paid gold for the energy to hit them, this is bs, fix the problem!

Dutchie
08-01-2013, 07:56 AM
When you see a player with 1mill atk/def does that throw a red flag? How can you actually report someone by looking at stats or there inventory? I have sent numerous tickets in with no response. Maybe some personal feedback from Gree on what to look for so we as players can help get rid of hackers and exploiters!

Where have you been? 1m is becoming more common these days with the stats inflation... Now 10m+ would throw a red flag and I have seen a few of those!

keeskiller
08-02-2013, 02:16 AM
indeed i see several a day.. i am level 159 so if you become even higher that would be normal.. xD

mikeygn1234
08-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Well thats great that you finally admit to having these problems and thanks for trying to fix them. The real question is, what are you doing to the factions that had people use these cheats and helped them earn certain postitions in war. Factions below them who did not cheat, deserve what is theirs. FIX THIS PROBLEM and more people will be happy.

Hooligany
08-02-2013, 08:27 AM
I still see people farming 100% drop loot units due to glitch from android.
Reported the issue but gree reply is "issue closed"
But those players continue farming the glitch?!?
Solve this please.

Aerwen
08-05-2013, 09:36 AM
So, I just ran into a player who is level 23 who had an advanced airbase. I took a screenshot of the unit building purchase menu, showing the airfield is locked to me (level 22) and has a level 40 requirement. I took a screenshot of the profile and name of the level 23 player. I took a screenshot of his advanced airbase.

Two questions.

How is this possible?

Whom do I give this players name and my screenshots to?

keeskiller
08-05-2013, 10:43 AM
So, I just ran into a player who is level 23 who had an advanced airbase. I took a screenshot of the unit building purchase menu, showing the airfield is locked to me (level 22) and has a level 40 requirement. I took a screenshot of the profile and name of the level 23 player. I took a screenshot of his advanced airbase.

Two questions.

How is this possible?

Whom do I give this players name and my screenshots to?

maybe a display glitch?!

Aerwen
08-05-2013, 03:15 PM
maybe a display glitch?!

You think so? My iPad not displaying his base correctly? Or gree server showing me a glitched base?

In the same screenshot he has an advanced ground unit factory as well, level 30 requirement.

Dutchie
08-07-2013, 09:43 AM
You think so? My iPad not displaying his base correctly? Or gree server showing me a glitched base?

In the same screenshot he has an advanced ground unit factory as well, level 30 requirement.

GREE introduced building level limits a while back... 18 months ago, I think. If the player started the game when it first came out, they could have purchased all the buildings at level 1. So, technically it is possible to have buildings that are still locked but they would have to be an über-camper or they simply stopped playing the game.

Kodiak67
08-09-2013, 06:50 AM

I have seen bases with 3 oil rigs and limited time buildings being built weeks after they have gone away. There is still lots of work to do to clean the game up.

jgmecarter
08-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Today I was going through the units trying to decide what units to buy and I seen that I all of the valor units were unlocked. I have been saving my valor for the last month and I had 360k ready to spend. I bought 99 of the target striker but within a hour I hot a message from someone telling me that they are going to report me. I told him to check his units to see if they were unlocked and he said that they were not unlocked and said that I was a hacker. I told him to feel free to contact gree and report me. Is there any way I can get in trouble for this when gree is the one that made the units available to me to buy. Hopefully this not a dumb question for you guys

Brummied
08-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Hi mate,
Not a dumb question at all, and the point you raise is the difficulty we all face as players, hacker vs glitcher who do we report?
Because gree have had quite a few glitches in the game and players learn of the glitch and take advantage does that make them a cheat? In my book no, a cheat is someone who actively seeks devious and underhand (illeagal third party add in or programs) methods out to gain unfair advantage, while having no intention to play fair. My book is not anyone's else's tho, some people are so strict in thought that people who gain advantage through glitches in the game are considered cheats also.
Ultimately it's gree's book that matters, I've not heard of them banning or punishing a player taking advantage glitches caused by them. It's only the people not paying for gold or buying cheap gold from a hacker, or those awarding themselves units that were meant to be unique or only one per player (hackers having multiples of these units)that really deserve to be banned. So you should be fine :D
Today I was going through the units trying to decide what units to buy and I seen that I all of the valor units were unlocked. I have been saving my valor for the last month and I had 360k ready to spend. I bought 99 of the target striker but within a hour I hot a message from someone telling me that they are going to report me. I told him to check his units to see if they were unlocked and he said that they were not unlocked and said that I was a hacker. I told him to feel free to contact gree and report me. Is there any way I can get in trouble for this when gree is the one that made the units available to me to buy. Hopefully this not a dumb question for you guys

SPWD
08-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Same thing happened to me but I only bought two siege tanks as I thought I'd ranked up as I was close to doing so,but I sent a ticket in and told them it was a honest mistake,but I didn't buy any of the others because calvin98 had something similar happen but got banned.

Steve

& The Horse U Rode In On
08-10-2013, 06:25 PM
I would have to say pushing that button to buy even one of those units you know you are not qualified to have is the same as
...those awarding themselves units that were meant to be unique

Adam96
08-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Greetings Everyone,

Skill Point Exploiting

Item/Unit Exploitations

Thanks!I have a problem im at 218,000 attack but when I attack I only attack at 160,000 whats being done about that I worked hard to get my stats where there at and I would like to see it more constant

Oceanz
08-14-2013, 06:07 PM
I don't see why buying unlocked valor units would get someone banned. You go to Units, scroll to the right, see units available, and buy them. What is 'glitching' or 'cheating' about that? You still have to have a ton of valor that you spend on the units. Thats like saying it's a glitch if you only have a level 8 airfield but somehow are allowed to spend $1,000,000 on some Bombers. You're still spending the $1,000,000. You're not getting the units for free.

But I guess people will always whine and complain about something.

You know what is an unfair exploit? That my 24-hour buildings get raided every day before I can collect them, because it takes me a half hour to get the app to open without crashing.

Mac Mama
08-26-2013, 03:21 PM
Glad to hear something is being done

Die14
08-28-2013, 04:48 PM
New upgrate done, any problem, And now after a couple of hrs without playing i had lost 359 bars of gold.....i feel stupid !
Die14

Col
08-28-2013, 11:50 PM
GREE have stopped supporting New Zealand ...

I can NOT even get this new update , I go to update my game from Apple app store , and get a message saying its no longer available , Then I ask Gree and they say they no longer support New Zealand !!

I've been playing this game since the start and am a BIG Gold user , and they do this to me !! I've spent THOUSANDS on this game !!

I have wars on this weekend to , with A heap of Gold in my account ready to use .. BUT now today when I go to log in , the Game will not even connect , and I get a window popping up saying Download newest version ... wtf !!!

Sort it out Gree before I get booted from my top TEAM !!

Anybody else have this issue ?

If they are doing this to New Zealand , it will only be a matter of time before they stop supporting other countries ...

kilabot
09-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Is this a Cheat?i took a screen shot 2 building at the same time
Can i do this?
2 buildings at the same time?check it out
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/taca8/8205C255-D642-4D94-B1E4-8A68B7F9AA61-7310-00000A231B840B66_zpsc8b5f84b.jpg

CroftyB
09-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Can i do this?
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/taca8/8205C255-D642-4D94-B1E4-8A68B7F9AA61-7310-00000A231B840B66_zpsc8b5f84b.jpg

Only two!?!!?? I have a screen shot...or number of them with up to 13 buildings being raised :)

iZheil9152
09-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Can i do this?
NO! it is not a cheat. I am friends with that person and those unfinished building have been in his yard forever. They are still there right now!