PDA

View Full Version : An Update regarding User Exploits *Fixed*!

Sirius
07-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Greetings Everyone,

Our Development/Engineering Teams have brought to us some great news that everyone here at GREE is very proud and happy to share with you all today.

We have paid close attention to everyone's reports via support and here as well in the forums regarding players exploiting cheats to try to get a leg up on players that play the game fairly and legitimately (which we appreciate everyone's help in reporting these users). Our teams have been hard at work on finding out the methods people have been using to exploit certain aspects of the game and making sure we close out those exploits to stop and further prevent future attempts.

Below is a brief detailing on just what has been fixed recently:

Skill Point Exploiting

Our Teams have closed down and fixed an exploit in which players were using certain methods that allowed them to inflate their skill points well beyond what was intended and possible. This has been a thorn for many players for sure and you should now see less of this if at all. If you do still see any players abusing this, please report them and they will be banned.

Item/Unit Exploitations

We've implemented a series of fixes that help ensure players are unable to use methods to add unearned units/items to their accounts, such as respect units for example. This should help reduce any new players looking to inflate their accounts with unearned units. As always, please report any players that you see cheating and we will take care of them.

We hope you all enjoy the news and to continue enjoying Crime City.

Thanks!

Deadwater
07-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Wow Sirius, a droid user in my syndicate just said he got a data push and bam I check forums to see this...quick response, great to see!

kingofwale
07-10-2013, 06:48 PM
what the hell is honour unit???

Gree, if you want me to be able to identify them, you got to tell me what to look for

Deadwater
07-10-2013, 06:51 PM

Gree, if you want me to be able to identify them, you got to tell me what to look for

Honour units = respect points...honour is MW

Jeez S, keep up with the times

Tardavic
07-10-2013, 07:00 PM

We apologize for the typo, meant to include respect units as an example.

PawnXIIX
07-10-2013, 07:24 PM
The thing I like about this is that there was listening to the support tickets and that it was able to be patched. I hope this means more future security fixes like this one!

TZora
07-10-2013, 09:09 PM
thanks for doing the needful Gree :)

c00guy
07-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Awesome stuff GREE!! With all the new content in the form of new events, mods/admins listening & responding to us players and now banning/preventing cheaters, this has been an awesome month! Keep up the good work :D

Vito Corleone
07-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Item/Unit Exploitations

We've implemented a series of fixes that help ensure players are unable to use methods to add unearned units/items to their accounts, such as respect units for example. This should help reduce any new players looking to inflate their accounts with unearned units. As always, please report any players that you see cheating and we will take care of them.

Thanks!From when is this implemented? I got hit by a cheather 2 days ago. Called MAXI. lvl210. Had for example the Koralene Crossfire that only Koralene won. And other top1 prizes only tam has for example. Sure I sent in a ticket but if you have a month response time on the tickets...well...

bald zeemer
07-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Excellent work Sirius/Gree. Not on the patch, on which I'll reserve judgement until I've looked into it, but on communicating with the public on an issue that has been a massive bugbear for a lot of players.

I hope this is a sign of a new approach to communicating.

SC4R
07-11-2013, 12:35 PM
thank you!

mxz
07-11-2013, 03:10 PM
These specific fixes were implemented months ago - I'm curious as to why there was such a delay in publicly notifying others...

MattThomas08
07-11-2013, 03:42 PM
The fixes are great and the time traveling exploit was the biggest. Still, if only they were retroactive and would somehow right the wrongs of those in the past, that would be fantastic.

Chica
07-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Speaking of exploits one of my phone turned back to 1999 then alot of buildings set to upgrading I deleted most but didn't want to sell my icecreamshope for obvious reasons

Stooboot
07-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Yea cool so what about the jail broken iphone users who can make a full profile in a few hours that looks like they have been playing since the day the game started? I think those players r a little more important than android "cheaters" who stick out like a sore thumb to anyone who looks at their profile.

l1ster
07-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Great news, thanks for the comms Sirius - it is very much appreciated. Nothing worse than losing to some dirty cheater with 500 Doomsdays to his name at level 80.

Cheers
lister

PawnXIIX
07-11-2013, 08:16 PM
These specific fixes were implemented months ago - I'm curious as to why there was such a delay in publicly notifying others...

Honestly I hope they have some sort of flag that goes up at their office if somebody tries the exploit and it's immediately stopped. There's a counter on the wall counting the number of failed hack attempts and there's two workers laughing at the thought of the confused cheater while munching on some popcorn.

That's what I'd do :p

Clarence
07-14-2013, 04:05 AM
I've just joined this forum & it won't let me start a thread so I'm posting here. A new recruit in our team is a troll who keeps pushing our battle button. I've contacted support but don't think I'll hear back in time. Any ideas what we can do?? He's a lvl 24 named Genral James. Please help

Louie MWar
07-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Clarence sounds like you are screwed. Just prep for every other war set timers get organized

itsshooter
07-16-2013, 04:54 AM
Her sirius is there a fix in the works for players like myself who still aren't getting the plus 5 mafia bonus from the blarney keg tap? I sent a ticket in a week ago still no reply

Phil C
07-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Congratulations Gree, u might want to start dealing with the serious issues now like remote account hacking!!!

Well right foot, left foot and the rest will follow!

BigRob
07-16-2013, 08:05 AM
To be honest, before this "fix" was implemented, I never really encountered anyone with more than a couple hacked respect items or building more than one unit at a time, but now it seems like I am finding iOS hacked accounts everywhere I turn. I won't go into any specific details since you know what I'm referring to when I say iOS hacks, but my syndicate faced a one-member team who was at level 13 with over 4 million defense. Is there a "fix" in the works to prevent this sort of hacking or will it just continue on and require us to just keep reporting them, letting them get banned and create a new account in a few hours?

The Billionaire
07-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks Gree, have cheating accounts been removed?

Take that cheaters!!! POW!

landocalrizi
07-18-2013, 07:12 AM
good to hear.

S.o.B recruiter
07-18-2013, 07:37 AM
Thank you gree!

S.o.B recruiter
07-18-2013, 07:38 AM
Can i get a standing O!

Dravak
07-22-2013, 02:02 AM
you guys didn't fix anything you know it !

Here with all the available data , skill points hacks , levels divided by 3 + max from maps + items which give stats (insert verifier that will be changed each update ) verifier can be something as easy as checking energy this month , next month stamina !

PvP items hacks stopper such simple crap to solve , insert trojan items , which has a verifier based on number of fights won + date and time !+ time of creation of account ! Keep changing the item/items once in a while !

PvE Items well if by now engineers can't come up with scripts based on stats and data available !
Woot stop posting they have been fixed lol

Here these are simple solutions , that can be implemented server side !
And every week keep hackers and edit program guessing !
Keeps them busy while you just change the numbers ..

Cause it is ridiculous that people can just ad new syndicate rewards , without even doing effort :p

SmokeEater
07-23-2013, 11:28 AM
And yet still not fixed. During the last showdown I was continuously getting robbed for money when I had no building read for collection. So if the exploit was fixed they found a way around it or was not fixed to begin with.

Triga Treat
07-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Anyone know if the Android "time jump" hack on the Park Trafficking LTQ has been fixed?
Or can we still use it to get all the items and prizes without spending any Gold?

-Triga

TZora
07-25-2013, 06:50 PM
could you be a little more descriptive what is time jump? may be give us tips and tricks how to use the glitches and hacks? writing some hacking and glitching tutorials will surely help many, kind sir!

why do u discuss hacks and glitches so openly on the forums? people who don't know about all of this nonsense, even they get to know and then they go exploring how to take that extra advantage. and they find out a lot more than just your "jump glitch" or w/e u call it. then ppl like you come running here asking, hey "is she/he a cheater?"

don't you think it would be wise to contact gree by creating a support ticket and ask them directly rather than talking about it here?

heck, even i'm curious to know the time jump thing u talkin about. you talkin about the time travel thing? i heard that was fixed weeks ago.

Back hand emus
07-25-2013, 06:55 PM
could you be a little more descriptive what is time jump? may be give us tips and tricks how to use the glitches and hacks? writing some hacking and glitching tutorials will surely help many, kind sir!

why do u discuss hacks and glitches so openly on the forums? people who don't know about all of this nonsense, even they get to know and then they go exploring how to take that extra advantage. and they find out a lot more than just your "jump glitch" or w/e u call it. then ppl like you come running here asking, hey "is she/he a cheater?"

don't you think it would be wise to contact gree by creating a support ticket and ask them directly rather than talking about it here?

heck, even i'm curious to know the time jump thing u talkin about. you talkin about the time travel thing? i heard that was fixed weeks ago.

While I do agree that saying the method is wrong, I do think people have a right to know that there isn't a fair playing field. Just my 2 cents

Rollster
07-29-2013, 02:34 AM
Greetings Everyone,

Our Development/Engineering Teams have brought to us some great news that everyone here at GREE is very proud and happy to share with you all today.

We have paid close attention to everyone's reports via support and here as well in the forums regarding players exploiting cheats to try to get a leg up on players that play the game fairly and legitimately (which we appreciate everyone's help in reporting these users). Our teams have been hard at work on finding out the methods people have been using to exploit certain aspects of the game and making sure we close out those exploits to stop and further prevent future attempts.

Below is a brief detailing on just what has been fixed recently:

Item/Unit Exploitations

Thanks!

can u PM me pls ? i can't.. i have a problem thx for PM me asap.

Dravak
07-29-2013, 11:19 AM
guess conclusion is done ! , we ain't going to do a thing about hackers and cheaters !
Cause they drive up the spending cost , we just continue like status quo !

And ignore everything , so fair enough !
No need to report anything !

CCB-STIG
07-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Nice one Sirius I appreciate you letting me & every one else know, nice one

Francis42
07-31-2013, 09:48 AM
Can anyone verify that this has been fixed? I had former syndicate members that were time travellers and even after the fix was rolled out they were still doing it. I still come across some that have to be with the stats they have (i.e. lvl 107 with 1.6million att and 1.8 million def, 24k weapons and 13k armor, and only $500k iph - I have a screenshot). I'd be happy to report people as I do take screenshots of any evidence, but do they get banned? I enjoy playing the game cleanly and when I see people whos stats jump by 100k in a 2 week period I get a little pissed off as it is totally an uneven playing field.

hatchetman
08-01-2013, 01:30 PM
When are you going to fix the 12hr buildings? Mine get robbed at about 9-10 hour mark and I can collect them too before 12hours. I collect them at 4:50am and then I can collect them at 3:00pm. FIX THIS so I can collect the full income instead of having them being glitched and robbed.

It's not 1 type of building, It's ALL 12hr buildings.

Guisseppe17
08-01-2013, 02:53 PM
guess conclusion is done ! , we ain't going to do a thing about hackers and cheaters !
Cause they drive up the spending cost , we just continue like status quo !

And ignore everything , so fair enough !
No need to report anything !
I thought you retired?

Gatorade
08-01-2013, 02:54 PM
They did - on the date that was posted. Is this what is called a mini necro???

jopdermod
08-06-2013, 07:41 AM
HI,

Hackers will ALLWAYS be around. As long as there are OLD versions of CC stored in dark places. They can hack and cheat all they want because the issues are not fixed in those old versions.

The only two way's to fix it:
Write code to search inventory's and sniff out the rats and autoban them!

Write code that refuses old (as in pre-fix) versions to not be allowed to store player data on the servers!

M&drako
08-08-2013, 07:36 AM
I can no longer give leadership to other members in ny syndicate? Why is this we never had an issue before the.last update....eveeytime I update cc something goes wrong....please help

TZora
08-08-2013, 08:15 AM
I can no longer give leadership to other members in ny syndicate? Why is this we never had an issue before the.last update....eveeytime I update cc something goes wrong....please help

Rule #1: all of the bugs, glitches, hackers, etc. are actually a well planned "feature" of the game.

Rule #2: if you think something is wrong with the game, go back to Rule #1.

crime master gogo
08-09-2013, 03:46 AM
thanks it was really good thread

Robinhawaii
08-10-2013, 01:59 PM
OK Gree, if you want your customer base to do the work for your employees how about throwing us a bone? If we turn in an account that is a hacker, why not reward us? Give us their money or something as a bounty.

Thank you for your time,

R

Jiggaa
08-15-2013, 03:40 PM
thanks gree

Glowe
08-31-2013, 03:29 AM
Thanks, helpful

ghetto69143
03-04-2014, 10:45 AM
The thing I like about this is that there was listening to the support tickets and that it was able to be patched. I hope this means more future security fixes like this one!

Dude,you actually have those stats??

Mbjohnson26
03-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks Gree

rocko jr
03-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Clarance have your leader boot him from your syndicate.