PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth while to buy cash units?

War lord
07-10-2013, 03:45 PM
I am lvl 107 256/345 and I have alotta indestructibles from events, when I fight a rival I never c any cash units in the tally. I understand it only shows top 45 or so I was just wonderin. I only buy units when I'm waiting for a upgrade or some building to build just to stay in my vault

Thief
07-10-2013, 03:52 PM
It really depends what your goal and strategy is and what your 2000 Unit army looks like already. (including how many bonuses you have)

If you have quite a few very powerful units then you could still bring in Tree Snipers into your 2000 army.
However if your weakest unit of 2000 has at least 50/50 stats then buying cash units probably won't help you much (unless you target the ones stronger than your weakest)

Personally i think at this rate Cash units will be obsolete...its just a matter of time. Do you want the cash now or do you want to be more powerful now? Thats the question you have to ask yourself.

Alaneapen
07-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Cash units are good if you want quick boosts but valor makes up the bulk or my destructible army besides the indestructibles.

S&H Max
07-10-2013, 03:59 PM
take 15 minute, count your golden units... than add your valor troops and how much valor you have rigth now to buy troop, if the answer is over 1500, stop spending cash on troop only miss 500 unit you will ahve them in the next 2 month anyway... if its between 1000-1500 as yourself if you really need a boost of stat immediatly rather than IPH boost... under 1000 would surprise me considering your stats.

I personnaly know I collect around 100 indestructable by cycle of WD and can do around 100k valor, so I decided few months ago to stop buying cash troops maybe it lower my stats for a few weeks but now i'm all gold and valor so those cash units would have been useless by now!

Edit : this is assuming you play at 500 allies, if not you can figure the ratio I,m sure

PITA4PRES
07-10-2013, 04:03 PM
While a lot of people feel that cash units are or will be obsolete, I disagree to an extent. In terms of purchasing units to strengthen your army, I agree that they are going to be obsolete as the ones you win tend to be stronger and normally are indestructible. If they want to keep the game fresh, they will have to increase the number of allies and thus the number of units that can be taken into battle. In which case it may be necessary to purchase cash units to stay at the maximum allowed. If they continue to have these LTQs then you will need to purchase cash units in order to complete the tasks. That is the only reason I purchase cash units anymore. If I want units otherwise, I use valor to get them.

I am a cow
07-11-2013, 02:05 AM
It's up to you but unless you want to spend 15 million on that tactical strike sub then no dont bother

Sith Lady
07-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Check your stats, add a couple good cash units, wait a minute and check again... See how much your stats increased. Divide by the number of units purchased. Bing! You can decide if its worthed or not. Not a difficult exercise but I wish Gree at least showed the top 30 units and bottom 15, instead of top 45.

nickdpro99
07-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Check your stats, add a couple good cash units, wait a minute and check again... See how much your stats increased. Divide by the number of units purchased. Bing! You can decide if its worthed or not. Not a difficult exercise but I wish Gree at least showed the top 30 units and bottom 15, instead of top 45.

I like your display pic. :D

War lord
07-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Thx for all the input guys

JohnnyR
07-11-2013, 03:20 PM
It's something you'll have to figure out yourself, each situation is different. If you can sustain them, they make great meatshields as their cost comes from the easiest currency to acquire-cash.

Personally, I have lot's of room to grow, my bottom units are STILL A10 Warthogs.

War lord
08-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Well my boost buildings r done ( for about a month ) I have bought very few cash units, sense money building upgrades r quicker and cost a hellaofa lot more, lvl 125. 560k/414k. Just lettin u guys know. Thx for the responses

Allday
08-22-2013, 05:37 PM
I am lvl 107 256/345 and I have alotta indestructibles from events, when I fight a rival I never c any cash units in the tally. I understand it only shows top 45 or so I was just wonderin. I only buy units when I'm waiting for a upgrade or some building to build just to stay in my vault
I would say no. I only bought cash units during my first 3 months of playing.

War lord
11-02-2013, 04:35 AM
Started this post almost 4 months ago. Now I'm lvl 166 1.5/2m and never did buy anymore cash units (except ltq stuff) lol

Wai
11-02-2013, 06:39 AM
The short answer is no.

...BORIS
11-02-2013, 10:04 AM
I suggest you give the money to your faction for boosts. This will last longer. You can collect units from battles to act as a shield, and upgrade your infirmary, but actually, the future is indestructible. When you are completing a LTQ, you'll purchase what you need en route.

SamBeezy
11-02-2013, 04:32 PM
personally, I dont buy them unless Im very new to the game and need them. But once you get going you will find that you are winning all sorts of units and most of them are better than what money can buy. I think money is best spent upgrading your buildings. Maybe at some point when you get really far ahead and have done all the upgrading you can and find yourself with surplus of money you could buy some expensive worthy units. Many of the purchasable units do not make it into my top 3000 units anyway so they do not increase my stats.

ShawnBB
11-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Hmm, This game still has cash unit? I haven't checked that "unit" button for months...

Wai
11-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Infirmary is a waste of time as well.

John 719166364
11-03-2013, 02:41 AM
You use to be able to take your unit count and divide it into your A/D and get the average strength of your unit then you simply just purchase units that are stronger than that unit. With stat inflation you can't do this anymore. So when you loose a unit in battle look at what you are loosing and purchase units that are stronger than the unit you just lost. This way you will always be upgrading your army and growing your A/D. Also purchase units that favor your bonuses if you more bonueses with ground then purchase ground, etc.

I have noticed that the valor units have a higher casualty rate and tend to be what I am loosing the most out of. I tend to purchase valor only and save my money for upgrades.

Judai mindtrix
11-04-2013, 03:40 AM
take 15 minute, count your golden units... than add your valor troops and how much valor you have rigth now to buy troop, if the answer is over 1500, stop spending cash on troop only miss 500 unit you will ahve them in the next 2 month anyway... if its between 1000-1500 as yourself if you really need a boost of stat immediatly rather than IPH boost... under 1000 would surprise me considering your stats.

I personnaly know I collect around 100 indestructable by cycle of WD and can do around 100k valor, so I decided few months ago to stop buying cash troops maybe it lower my stats for a few weeks but now i'm all gold and valor so those cash units would have been useless by now!

Edit : this is assuming you play at 500 allies, if not you can figure the ratio I,m sure

Great point