PDA

View Full Version : Come on GREE

genaks
07-10-2013, 05:13 AM
I am afraid to say GREE will shut down if they continue on like this. Tons of players leaving the game everyday. They will have to introduce something new and refreshing very soon.

Chica
07-10-2013, 05:17 AM
Gree is not going anywhere anytime soon, they tend to get more users then they lose however for every company there is a tipping point like zynga is going through now.

genaks
07-10-2013, 05:24 AM
I am a syndicate leader and many people are leaving lately feeling bored of the game. And they leave after selling their buildings just in case you think they are joining elsewhere. And they have 3 games with more or less the same format. So... I dont know what their future is.

bald zeemer
07-10-2013, 05:27 AM
Tons of big spenders who are no longer going to spend, or tons of free players who can't keep up?

Butt Futter
07-10-2013, 05:54 AM
There are a few big spenders walking away soon.

c00guy
07-10-2013, 05:54 AM
Tons of big spenders who are no longer going to spend, or tons of free players who can't keep up?

^^^^^^ Good question that

Dipstik
07-10-2013, 05:55 AM
I am afraid to say GREE will shut down if they continue on like this. Tons of players leaving the game everyday. They will have to introduce something new and refreshing very soon.

I bet you're wrong!

#smug

the_brein
07-10-2013, 05:56 AM
There is quite a bit of new stuff going on. And it looks like gree is continuing to expand the game. I'm willing to bet there's more new blood coming in than is leaving. I think gree is doing an excellent job injecting new content in to the game. I can't speak for any other title they have. But cc is a winner in my book.

genaks
07-10-2013, 06:10 AM
Not a ton, but quite a siginificant number of people are not willing to spend any more.

genaks
07-10-2013, 06:11 AM
And yes cc is definitely a killer game. No doubt about it. Just requires something new.

Dipstik
07-10-2013, 06:15 AM
In the last 3 months or so we've gotten syndicates, lt buildings, ltqs, the new pvp event... I'm probably forgetting some. How much new content do you expect?

nazgul
07-10-2013, 06:22 AM
In the last 3 months or so we've gotten syndicates, lt buildings, ltqs, the new pvp event... I'm probably forgetting some. How much new content do you expect?
+1 to this...

Bala82
07-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Some new Syndicate bonus is only thing i want now .

bald zeemer
07-10-2013, 06:35 AM
New syndicate bonuses with LTBs out. It'd certainly make for some very interesting conflict.

genaks
07-10-2013, 06:43 AM

Yup we have got all that but you think its gonna retain people for much long? A clear evidence is that crime city was in the top 100 grossing apps of the app store till like a month ago but sadly now its not.

MattThomas08
07-10-2013, 06:50 AM

I agree with Dippy. It doesn't seem to me like new content is what we are lacking. Gree has done an excellent job in that IMO.

Tommy Two Toes
07-10-2013, 07:12 AM
crime city was in the top 100 grossing apps of the app store till like a month ago but sadly now its not.

The top grossing app on iTunes is a Bejeweled knock-off. Improving the game won't help with sales, because when it comes to getting value for their money, people are generally idiots.

Koonxin
07-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Simple transfer of CC account between iOS devices, have to wait for several weeks and still no solution!
Peeps with CC account planning to upgrade to new iOS devices, beware..

StunnaJ
07-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Gree surely isnt getting any where with new accounts if they dont deliver the goods:mad:...I got five more people hooked to the game just to get to the last war and two of them still have gold they never recieved and no replies from gree two weeks later, go figure...at least gree isnt just dry humping the vet's legs, they get the noobs too! :cool:

Durzo666
07-10-2013, 07:52 AM
When I woke up this morning and saw a new update with the word rival list/bugs fix on it I was happy. When I ran the update on my ipad and logged into the game I got completly frustrated again. How on gods green earth cant they fix the fact that a lvl 250 see's 99% of the rivals on lvl 180 and 1 lvl 250 everyother refresh. seriously this is so annoying.. when I refresh 3 times i see 3 people at lvl 40..

I'm done spending anymore cash on this game until this is fixxed.

Durzotr0n

genaks
07-10-2013, 08:57 AM
#Durzo666
Here is another example of why this thread was started.

Dipstik
07-10-2013, 09:00 AM
#Durzo666
Here is another example of why this thread was started.

General whining. We got it. Forum needed another thread for that.

#smug

Deadwater
07-10-2013, 09:14 AM
And yes cc is definitely a killer game. No doubt about it. Just requires something new.

What? Gree has been releasing new events constantly for a while now..PVP tournament, LTQs, LTBs, syndicates and more to come. I don't understand what you mean by they require something new

wa7sh
07-10-2013, 09:50 AM
trust me if this happens gree know exactly what to do. if i were you i would stay out of their way and carry on spending gold.

genaks
07-10-2013, 10:20 AM
The point is people are leaving. You all might not be leaving but other people are. And again crime city's position on top grossing apps says it all. I remember someone mentioning that bejeweled is at the top right now but thats not the point. Crime city was stable inside the top 100 for the first two months after these synd evevnts were started but now its nowhere to be seen which clearly points to the fact that activity is lesser than it used to be.

genaks
07-10-2013, 10:29 AM
And i updated the app on my android phone and the in hand cash disappeared just like that. :/

c00guy
07-10-2013, 10:35 AM
The point is people are leaving. You all might not be leaving but other people are. And again crime city's position on top grossing apps says it all. I remember someone mentioning that bejeweled is at the top right now but thats not the point. Crime city was stable inside the top 100 for the first two months after these synd evevnts were started but now its nowhere to be seen which clearly points to the fact that activity is lesser than it used to be.

Have you considered evaluating change in # users metric over the last few months? Other apps might have outgrown CC in user growth, but that doesn't mean CC is losing users

Tommy Two Toes
07-10-2013, 10:36 AM
I remember someone mentioning that bejeweled is at the top right now but thats not the point.

Actually, it's Candy Crush--but the real point is that people don't pay for quality, they pay for anything that will waste their time. CC is a huge time-sink for most of us, and that is why Gree gets paid.

If you ever find yourself routinely missing collections for two days straight, and not caring, it might be a sign that CC is failing.

genaks
07-10-2013, 10:39 AM
If you ever find yourself routinely missing collections for two days straight, and not caring, it might be a sign that CC is failing.

No it's pretty rare. Happened today only when I updated the app.

genaks
07-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Have you considered evaluating change in # users metric over the last few months? Other apps might have outgrown CC in user growth, but that doesn't mean CC is losing users

I know 5 people who have left the game in the last 2 days either coz they are bored or they are not willing to spend any more money on a mere game! Check my wall, some might still be there. 644929841

genaks
07-10-2013, 10:48 AM

Actually, a syndicate member is also complaining of losing all the gold he had (only 27 :p) after he updated the game.

Dipstik
07-10-2013, 01:02 PM
I know 5 people who have left the game in the last 2 days either coz they are bored or they are not willing to spend any more money on a mere game! Check my wall, some might still be there. 644929841

Oh well if five of your friends quit, that must be evidence of a global trend. I'm sorry I laughed at your concerns.

Seriously, though... the plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence."

kingofwale
07-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Oh well if five of your friends quit, that must be evidence of a global trend. I'm sorry I laughed at your concerns.

Seriously, though... the plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence."

I agree, especially not when Gree's stock is doing so well lately. ;)

c00guy
07-10-2013, 01:36 PM

Dude, I meant more like the total # of users (in millions). Track that number. If you base your conclusions on some 3-4 friends of yours, god help your soul! :D

K-Dawg
07-10-2013, 02:05 PM

Dude are you stupid for a living??? Gree has literally truckloads of people starting to play cc every week, just because they haven't joine the forums or have bothered to become your "friend" doesn't mean they don't exist. Try checking gree's stock and then also consider the fact that out of the dozens and dozens of apps they run that cc, mw, and ka are their biggest cash cow apps. Stop posting before we all begin to form the impression that you're an idiot.

MattThomas08
07-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Try checking gree's stock

http://i40.tinypic.com/snlbp1.jpg

You were saying...?

BigMoney
07-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Let's not let facts get in the way of arguments here, MT.

Dipstik
07-10-2013, 02:47 PM
The only fact that is relevant to his argument is how many users are, in fact, playing crime city and whether that number is getting bigger or smaller as a general trend. Stock price is no more evidence of this than today's temperature is evidence of anthropogenic global warming.

K-Dawg
07-10-2013, 02:59 PM
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/earnings/earnings.asp?ticker=3632:JP

If you go to the above site and scroll down you will find gree's guartlely and yearly revenue.....it's doing just fine lol sorry I don't know how to post screenshots or I'd post the picture myself.

wa7sh
07-10-2013, 03:14 PM
surprised gree hasent closed this thread yet.

K-Dawg
07-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Why would they close it? No ones violating ToS

DG Poopey
07-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I just wish they'd only run one event at a time. And give us a day or two in between events. I enjoyed just playing the game.

Deadwater
07-10-2013, 03:52 PM
I just wish they'd only run one event at a time. And give us a day or two in between events. I enjoyed just playing the game.

Well a few months ago gree asked for input and everyone said more events. The only way to get more events I between syndicate battles is to over lap events. Pick and choose what you want to play, you don't have to play them all. It's your choice when to participate.

Sirius
07-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Appreciate the feedback folks and it's nice to see everyone staying on track with their comments. We are always looking at what we can do to improve the experience players have with gameplay, events and anything else folks enjoy.

~Sirius

Deadwater
07-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Appreciate the feedback folks and it's nice to see everyone staying on track with their comments. We are always looking at what we can do to improve the experience players have with gameplay, events and anything else folks enjoy.

~Sirius

Personally, I commented on that feedback thread months ago and got exactly what I asked for. More events, new events.
I have no issues with CC (minor bugs but meh)

MattThomas08
07-10-2013, 04:22 PM
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/earnings/earnings.asp?ticker=3632:JP

If you go to the above site and scroll down you will find gree's guartlely and yearly revenue.....it's doing just fine lol sorry I don't know how to post screenshots or I'd post the picture myself.

I realize we are getting slightly off topic but revenue is also a poor indicator of success. While Gree's revenue spike significantly in 2012 over 2011, that was in large part due to the fact that they bought Funzio for $210M cash in 2012. They missed projections badly for 2013 Q3 and had a bad year-over-year from 2012 Q3 to 2013 Q3.

With that said, it's not the Funzio portfolio that's hurting Gree. Best I can tell is its one of their more successful portfolios, certainly better than OpenFeint. So I don't think CC, MW, KA are going anywhere anytime soon unless Gree thinks they can or would need to sell them off for a solid cash infusion to keep them afloat.

ShawnBB
07-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Hey, I just opened a noob account and already building a MT, so one of your friends got replaced...
GJ gree for having such a great game. I force myself to go sleep on time after collected NC,so one more thanks to Gree.

KING Mr932
07-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I have a suggestion that could help.. It would be nice if they increase the 500 gold bonus tier to 7500 gold bars.. Also if they switch it back to by the vault count this will bring more gold buyers and increase the sell of gold... One more thing Gree could do is run random gold sales after battles like they do for first time buyers.. Yo Gree if y'all need some marketing advise holler at me..

Dipstik
07-10-2013, 05:39 PM
I've been half tempted to buy $5 worth to get rid of the random first time buyer sales pop ups.

mxz
07-10-2013, 05:48 PM
I realize we are getting slightly off topic but revenue is also a poor indicator of success. While Gree's revenue spike significantly in 2012 over 2011, that was in large part due to the fact that they bought Funzio for $210M cash in 2012. They missed projections badly for 2013 Q3 and had a bad year-over-year from 2012 Q3 to 2013 Q3. It's pretty common to benchmark companies based on revenue growth.

Especially in the mobile and tech markets where profit and cash are deprioritized.

KING Mr932
07-10-2013, 06:07 PM
So you never bought gold? I'm trying to pull this needle full of gold out my arm lol.

Sorry this was @dipstick

Dipstik
07-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Nope. All natural, baby!

KING Mr932
07-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Nope. All natural, baby!

Lucky you I should've never lit this gold pipe.. Wonder when I will stop spending😳

genaks
07-10-2013, 08:06 PM
I don't know how you all managed to think that all 5 of them were my friends. I just said people and these people can be anyone posting here and there willing to transfer his account or asking me if they can join my syndicate coz they are not willing to spend any more money.

genaks
07-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Dude are you stupid for a living??? Gree has literally truckloads of people starting to play cc every week, just because they haven't joine the forums or have bothered to become your "friend" doesn't mean they don't exist. Try checking gree's stock and then also consider the fact that out of the dozens and dozens of apps they run that cc, mw, and ka are their biggest cash cow apps. Stop posting before we all begin to form the impression that you're an idiot.

Dude, I meant more like the total # of users (in millions). Track that number. If you base your conclusions on some 3-4 friends of yours, god help your soul! :D

Ohhh yeah? Mind taking a look at that image on page 4?
Thank you MattThomas08.

genaks
07-10-2013, 08:32 PM
It's funny how some of you non-stupid and god blessed souls are posting just to target me rather than suggesting some more improvements for the game. Makes me think you joined forum just to do this, right? Well, go on you are doing a great job.

Dipstik
07-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Your op offers no suggestions... Only whining.

c00guy
07-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Ohhh yeah? Mind taking a look at that image on page 4?
Thank you MattThomas08.

Umm how does MT's comment on stock price have anything to do with user growth? Your IQ is pretty low huh? :rolleyes:

genaks
07-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Your op offers no suggestions... Only whining.

Ok. And what have you been doing?

genaks
07-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Umm how does MT's comment on stock price have anything to do with user growth? Your IQ is pretty low huh? :rolleyes:

Yes it is pretty low. :( nothing I can do about it.
Thank you for giving a new app idea. Will soon launch a multiplayer IQ test. Will see you there.

the_brein
07-10-2013, 11:29 PM
I'd offer suggestions if I agreed with you. But it seems like the general consensus in this thread is that gree is putting a lot of new content in the game. I agree with it. Sure, you know of five people that left the game. But there will always be people leaving the game. That happens in any game. I know of a couple free players that just turned in to gold player this month. All on account of these new events.

genaks
07-10-2013, 11:38 PM
I'd offer suggestions if I agreed with you. But it seems like the general consensus in this thread is that gree is putting a lot of new content in the game. I agree with it. Sure, you know of five people that left the game. But there will always be people leaving the game. That happens in any game. I know of a couple free players that just turned in to gold player this month. All on account of these new events.

That surely makes up for the people who leave

Tommy Two Toes
07-10-2013, 11:54 PM
it's nice to see everyone staying on track with their comments...
~Sirius

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5538/9261158572_38b8c562ef.jpg
I've been waiting forever for that.

Dipstik
07-11-2013, 05:41 AM
Ok. And what have you been doing?

Laughing at you. What's your point?

Dipstik
07-11-2013, 05:42 AM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5538/9261158572_38b8c562ef.jpg
I've been waiting forever for that.

I really lol'd.