PDA

View Full Version : Modern War iOS 3.7.1 and Modern War Android 3.7.1 have been released!

TheOracle
07-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Good news everyone! We've just released an update for Modern War on both iOS and Android platforms. Please head to the app store of your choice and upgrade your game!

Again, we'd like to thank you all for your amazing feedback and we've added some features that players have been requesting for a while, in addition to a bunch of bug fixes that should have the game running smoother.

Updates notes for both iOS and Android:

NEW! We've added a purchase confirmation button for speeding up building upgrades with Gold
NEW! For Lockbox + Leader Board events, players now see the top prizes available in the beginning UI
Found and fixed exploits where players could give themselves free units, Gold, and bonuses
Looooots of random, smaller bug fixes!

iOS Specific:

The game no longer crashes when activating Siri

Thief
07-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Thank you for finally adding a confirm button before speeding up building upgrades with gold (although it would be nice to see on a couple of other gold purchases as well)

With that being said someone Update and let me know how it turns out? I'll wait until after the Boss event :D

Usual suspect
07-09-2013, 04:35 PM
well ive done the update and now i cant rotate my buildings. they are all in 1 position and when i go to rotate they just dissapear!!!!! i had many boost buildings covered by other buildings and now its all messed up..... im not happy

Sumiala
07-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Thank you for finally adding a confirm button before speeding up building upgrades with gold (although it would be nice to see on a couple of other gold purchases as well)

With that being said someone Update and let me know how it turns out? I'll wait until after the Boss event :D

I updated. But afraid to try. Will wait until the counter sits at 1 gold, haha.

Chris_
07-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Finally a gold confirmation screen. Now if we can just get one for speeding up land. I've accidentally spent over 1k gold speeding it up

sirdirty11
07-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the update Oracle.

For the droid, when you see a faction member request, you can now click his name an Ethernet avatar pops up with info.(awesome!) however, his stats or photo do not show. Not awesome. Can you please look?

Thanks.

Usual suspect
07-09-2013, 04:57 PM
has anyone else got the building rotate issue??

jjm521
07-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Havent tried it yet, will let orhers be guinea pigs, but yes thanks for the gold confirmation. Long overdue.

Question about what i feel should be a fairly simple improvement.....can you see if they can add a feature that orders your units and allies alphabetically? Its such a chore when you win an lte prize and you try and cycle through hundreds (or thousands) of units to be able to check it out. At least if they were listed alphabetically, we could just do a quick scroll. A search button would be great too, but i think id be ecstatic just to get an alphabetical list.

Sal T Iguana
07-09-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm not updating. Never ever ever ever. Why should I, everything is great! :)

General Maximus
07-09-2013, 05:21 PM
well ive done the update and now i cant rotate my buildings. they are all in 1 position and when i go to rotate they just dissapear!!!!! i had many boost buildings covered by other buildings and now its all messed up..... im not happy

I'll confirm this...

They don't rotate! This no rotation of the buildings... Everything that Usual Suspect posted... TRUE.

Zurkman
07-09-2013, 05:22 PM
has anyone else got the building rotate issue??

I have the same issue too. All facing one direction, can't rotate, all my decorations are gone, etc.

Blade of 3
07-09-2013, 05:28 PM
My app won't even open...

TheOracle
07-09-2013, 05:35 PM

Thanks for reporting this to us. We have identified the issue with buildings becoming invisible when rotated and we are working on a fix right now and hope to have it out soon. We'll submit the update (3.7.2) to the app store and once it is approved, players will be able to update to this version.

Your buildings are still there, but they may be invisible now. We apologize for the inconvenience and we'll update you when the fix is released.

Hondo
07-09-2013, 05:37 PM
6 months later.....

Omega1980
07-09-2013, 05:37 PM
I am unable to play. The game keeps loading and nothing happens...

Chikin
07-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks oracle. I see your attempting to reduce the tickets of gold being used when just scrolling and accidental bumping the buttons.

baucoin007
07-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Does the update give confirmation for vault and base expansion too?

-->FISH<--
07-09-2013, 05:54 PM
All my decorations have disappeared..... My fences that surrounded my base are gone and I am now vulnerable to pillagers and looters. (Yes, I know they do nothing and you can't see them but, I can :p) All my time spent making a FISH WITH MY OIL BARRELS has swam away with the fence gone. Can we please rescue my FISH before the whales catch him.

baucoin007
07-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Can we focus on constructive feed back and not fish?

Fl@sh
07-09-2013, 06:03 PM
What if those using the exploit don't update? Can't they still use the exploit to add units? Why was this not taken care of months ago when first reported?

bergmystr
07-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Updated and now I can check potential new faction members out before approving them. Only issue is I can only see the current number of alliance member and $$ on hand:

The following only show 0's
# of Units
Alliance Attack
Alliance Defense
Income per hour

Am I the only one who sees this?

TheOracle
07-09-2013, 06:19 PM
What if those using the exploit don't update? Can't they still use the exploit to add units? Why was this not taken care of months ago when first reported?

In some cases, exploits can be quickly identified and patched. In other cases, the security hole in the coding is much more complex and requires more time for us to identify, fix, test, and release.

As we have done in the past, we will force all players who haven't updated to update to the newest version once we have patched certain major issues.

bergmystr
07-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Might also be nit picking a little bit, but the version number from the play store is version 3.7.2

Uninstalled the game, and re-installed and about says 3.7.1
Data: mw_20130702_5
Build 61

Snipey
07-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Same here with rotating buildings. I'm scared to rotate my level 10 alexandria back to the way it was. My luck it will get deleted!

Generik79
07-09-2013, 06:47 PM
No rotation of buildings and ALL of my decorations are gone.

TheOracle
07-09-2013, 06:52 PM
The fix for the building rotation has finished. We're working on the decorations now. If your buildings are gone, don't panic, they're still there. Once the new update is out they'll show back up.

baucoin007
07-09-2013, 06:59 PM
How about confirmation on vault and base expansion gold use?

Omega1980
07-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Hey! After the update I can't play the game. The game stays in the "Connecting to server..." screen and the game doesn't load.

Blade of 3
07-09-2013, 07:26 PM
I like how everyone is making a huge deal about a building not being in a specific direction yet some of us are missing hours of the event and having our buildings raided because the app won't open at all. It would be nice to see some acknowledgement of the issue.

753-698-692
07-09-2013, 08:01 PM
What do you mean by the exploit thingy....???

Wai
07-09-2013, 08:09 PM
What do you mean by the exploit thingy....???

"....Found and fixed exploits where players could give themselves free units, Gold, and bonuses....."

07-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Is there anything you can do about droid stat fluctuations I have a 300 k difference

Snibes
07-09-2013, 09:05 PM
I am unable to play. The game keeps loading and nothing happens...

Yeah, same here, rushed to update the game and now it just gets stuck on the loading screen. Oh well... I probably needed to take a break anyways. If anyone from Gree cares, I'm on IOS....

ezmunie
07-09-2013, 09:07 PM
After the update, my game won't load either.

Snibes
07-09-2013, 09:09 PM
I like how everyone is making a huge deal about a building not being in a specific direction yet some of us are missing hours of the event and having our buildings raided because the app won't open at all. It would be nice to see some acknowledgement of the issue.

kinda what I was thinking...

07-09-2013, 09:23 PM
I have had several players bases fail to load you guys that cant get on I think ur money is safe

AceOfJokers
07-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Updated on iOS soon as I could. Worked fine for several hours, then I couldn't attack a building, restarted app, then I couldn't load a rivals base, restarted app and stuck on connecting screen.
My first time unable to load game ever.

Accidentally spent 500+ gold rushing vault, and been waiting a week for a REAL response from Gree. Been playing for 3weeks now all this is very disheartening......

ezmunie
07-09-2013, 09:44 PM
I uninstalled the game and downloaded it again.

It's working fine for me now. So far, no connecting issues.

dixon
07-09-2013, 09:48 PM
How to transfer game? Now there is no Funzio ID button any more.

SpikeyKit
07-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Great news guys. When are you fixing the droid stats to read the same as the rest? Quite annoying during WD sending my members to scout only for the intel to be wrong.

Pain
07-09-2013, 10:05 PM
How to transfer game? Now there is no Funzio ID button any more.

^ This. Very important! Please fix.

keeskiller
07-10-2013, 02:26 AM
i like it, updating it right now!

Padabatrat
07-10-2013, 04:42 AM
I had a saltire made out of barrels now its gone!!! Anyone else got things disappearing?

baucoin007
07-10-2013, 04:59 AM
They are putting out another update to fix that problem

Col C Smythe
07-10-2013, 06:16 AM
The fix for the building rotation has finished. We're working on the decorations now. If your buildings are gone, don't panic, they're still there. Once the new update is out they'll show back up.

Technical Question (kinda):

Will IOS MW update 3.7.2 be cumulative (combined) or additive (sequential)?

In other words, are we going to need to update to this current new MW version (3.7.1) before upgrading to the bug fix version (3.7.2), or are we just going to be able to upgrade directly to version 3.7.2 ???

baucoin007
07-10-2013, 06:23 AM
It will probably cumulative

baucoin007
07-10-2013, 06:24 AM
Any word if there is a gold confirmation Button for base expansions and vault increases

gems63
07-10-2013, 06:43 AM
I have the same problem as others whereas the game does not load. And buy the sounds of it I might be afraid if it does.

Vmc
07-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Update has deleted all my decor items (example fences,barrels etc) & my buildings also disappear when rotated??

& The Horse U Rode In On
07-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Rotate everything and make your base nothing but numbers in circles. The Where's Waldo of MW. Find my high $$ units if you can lol

wwwjason
07-10-2013, 08:04 AM
I'm not updating. Never ever ever ever. Why should I, everything is great! :)
I wonder why, might mess up your game all together maybe

baucoin007
07-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Ok. They get it, your buildings have rotated and are invisible. An admin addressed this issue earlier in the thread. They are working on a patch for this. So lets move on to an issue not answered, is there confirmation on gold use to speed up base expansions and vault increases?

Alaneapen
07-10-2013, 09:14 AM
I can tell they shortened money buildings. My composites factory is now visible when it wasn't before. Change it back gree.

ProCision
07-10-2013, 09:30 AM
free gold? where is my free gold?

Zomadan
07-10-2013, 09:49 AM

Same issues for me. Also all my decorations are gone.

Super Soldier
07-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Updated yesterday, unable to load game since, it just spools! Tried everything!!! I have an iPad 1.. Any suggestions?

Zomadan
07-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Finally a gold confirmation screen. Now if we can just get one for speeding up land. I've accidentally spent over 1k gold speeding it up

Yeah I did the same thing. And I just bought it for WD and poof gone it was when I was gathering cash from buildings. Lagged a second and poof. Land expanded and gold gone. I want a refund.

baucoin007
07-10-2013, 10:47 AM
So there is no confirmation for base expansions?

gems63
07-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Any word on the not being able to log into game?

Sal T Iguana
07-10-2013, 11:12 AM
I wonder why, might mess up your game all together maybe

You're still running to your master Jason?

mikeb1975
07-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Havent tried it yet, will let orhers be guinea pigs, but yes thanks for the gold confirmation. Long overdue.

Question about what i feel should be a fairly simple improvement.....can you see if they can add a feature that orders your units and allies alphabetically? Its such a chore when you win an lte prize and you try and cycle through hundreds (or thousands) of units to be able to check it out. At least if they were listed alphabetically, we could just do a quick scroll. A search button would be great too, but i think id be ecstatic just to get an alphabetical list.

+1,000,000,000

Richard79
07-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Im havin high memory usage ie 300/500 and very hot phone problems when playing the game

keeskiller
07-10-2013, 01:32 PM
+1,000,000,000

!!!!! SAME. AMEN TO THAT!! Now a days i don't even care any more hahah i just can't find them back, if they are not in my top 45..

wwwjason
07-10-2013, 02:06 PM
You're still running to your master Jason?
Nope, always was taught and teach my kids, when you play games never lie or CHEAT, guess no one ever said that to you

Richard79
07-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Also. I am now able to select members in the recruitment part of the faction menu but only see zero's for there stats. Its a start as couldnt select even select them b4.

Sal T Iguana
07-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Nope, always was taught and teach my kids, when you play games never lie or CHEAT, guess no one ever said that to you

You're so gullible Jason, I expected more from you.
Do you teach your kids to check the facts before believing everything they hear? Obviously you didn't. Before you accuse someone prove it. Then again from reading your wall, you accuse everyone of cheating. What's wrong bro, you afraid someone else is better than you?
A wise man once said, show me your friends and I'll show you who you are.

Badass action man
07-10-2013, 07:44 PM
very frustrated with this update-i wish there was a word for how disappointed i feel... perhaps aGREEvated is a start. Can we alphabetise allies and units please?.

i wont be in a hurry to update anymore haha.

its a great product, fix ur update procedure. talk more with ur customers n apologise SINCERELY and PROFUSELY

wwwjason
07-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Do you teach your kids to check the facts before believing everything they hear? Obviously you didn't. Before you accuse someone prove it. Then again from reading your wall, you accuse everyone of cheating. What's wrong bro, you afraid someone else is better than you?
Ummm, salty, I think you should remember some people take screenshots of conversations, especially ones straight from you, I don't accuse everyone just the ones that are cheating, so just remember there is a reason I am talking directly to you

wwwjason
07-10-2013, 09:16 PM
And the quote show me your friends, you saw my friends, you tried to get them to cheat the game, you left before we could boot your ass out

lara37
07-10-2013, 11:49 PM
You completed various good points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your forum.

Richard79
07-11-2013, 12:27 AM
I have just had a data push. No change with my problems. Still seeing zero's on poss new recruits in the request section of the faction menu. And phone ram memory gettin maxed out when game open causing it to run hot slowing the game forcing a restart.scratchcard iss still there also. What was the data push for?

Siebe
07-11-2013, 03:30 AM
After the update i lost all my decorations and rotated buildings are back to their oroginal position.
GREE please fix these problems!!

Sal T Iguana
07-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Ummm, salty, I think you should remember some people take screenshots of conversations, especially ones straight from you, I don't accuse everyone just the ones that are cheating, so just remember there is a reason I am talking directly to you

You can choose to talk to me in a different way but you choose to talk to me publicly. You're coming off as an internet stalker. No worries though I can handle it and soon I'll flatten your little 1 inch avatar.

Sal T Iguana
07-11-2013, 06:42 AM
And the quote show me your friends, you saw my friends, you tried to get them to cheat the game, you left before we could boot your ass out

Those are not the friends I'm talking about. You like twisting words don't you? I'm talking about your friends outside of www. The master you keep running to when you think you found an illegitimate player.

wwwjason
07-11-2013, 12:15 PM
And how would you like me to communicate with you, accept the invites into TAR, which you keep sending me and that you still have up and running, please would love to know how you would like me to communicate with you besides joining your hacked group

baucoin007
07-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Could you ladies take your quarrel outside?

Sal T Iguana
07-11-2013, 01:43 PM
That's the best joke I've heard yet. You're a pawn bro, go back to Camp Crystal Lake Jaaaason. Please I'm scared.

And how would you like me to communicate with you, accept the invites into TAR, which you keep sending me and that you still have up and running, please would love to know how you would like me to communicate with you besides joining your hacked group

Sal T Iguana
07-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Could you ladies take your quarrel outside?

No worries bro it's only smack talk before the big showdown. All fun and games here, right Jason?

DFI
07-11-2013, 02:33 PM
The internet is a wonderful thing. We can all pretend to be someone bigger, tougher, brighter, richer, etc., than we really are. Now let me find a picture of Cindy Crawford twenty years ago and make it my avatar.

wwwjason
07-11-2013, 03:05 PM
No worries bro it's only smack talk before the big showdown. All fun and games here, right Jason?
Not really, you are a hack plain and simple

wwwjason
07-11-2013, 03:09 PM

Sal T Iguana
Re: stop being an ignorant fool
I have numerous accounts at my disposal. Try and stop me you fool. You and your minions are going to get squashed. See yaa!

Originally Posted by Sal T Iguana
Don't forget some of my friends were in www. They will defend me when you accuse me of trying to get your team to cheat. You like twisting information and that's not cool. I simply told you guys information as it was brought to me. You somehow twisted it and made yourself believe I was doing something else. I'm still playing bro and that speaks louder than your pathetic attempt to shame me. Shame on you!

No one in WWW will defend you, I stopped doing WD events because of guys like you, you knew you were in a group of cheats and decided to go along for the ride anyway, then you decided to share that you knew how to do the health regen hack, no I won't stop, say what you want I am clean, WWW brought you in because because you said you had no knowledge of what was going on, come to find out that was a lie, your time will come and you will be a thing of the past as well

wwwjason
07-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Care to explain?

Sal T Iguana
07-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Care to explain?
I do my explaining on the battle field dweeb

wwwjason
07-11-2013, 03:16 PM
That's what I thought, HACK

Sal T Iguana
07-11-2013, 03:18 PM
That's what I thought, HACK

Nice editing by the way. You get an A for creativity and a foot up your...

wwwjason
07-11-2013, 03:26 PM
You and I know it was not wasn't, that was a message you sent me

wwwjason
07-11-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm done, but it's not just me that knows the truth, many others do as well, your time will come and you and I guess all your other accounts will be banned 2

Sal T Iguana
07-11-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm done, but it's not just me that knows the truth, many others do as well, your time will come and you and I guess all your other accounts will be banned 2

I don't think so. I just won the lottery. A group of investors and I are planning to buy this game and then we're going to delete your base!

wwwjason
07-11-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't think so. I just won the lottery. A group of investors and I are planning to buy this game and then we're going to delete your base!
Well it goes to show you, whatever this clown posts just skip over it

Sal T Iguana
07-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Well it goes to show you, whatever this clown posts just skip over it

This was like fishing. I put out the bait and you took it. I think that makes you the royal jester. I can't say it wasn't fun toying with you. You did everything as expected. It was great really. The guys and I are having a field day over this thanks!

wwwjason
07-11-2013, 07:37 PM
This was like fishing. I put out the bait and you took it. I think that makes you the royal jester. I can't say it wasn't fun toying with you. You did everything as expected. It was great really. The guys and I are having a field day over this thanks!
Oh yea I forgot, you do have someone pulling your strings, enjoy puppet

Allday
07-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Salty, I interviewed you, along with Jason for WWW. You claimed to have no knowledge of the hacking that went on at TAR. We believed you and took you in. Then when Durt exposted the health hack you admitted to knowing how to do it. You spilled the beans, stating that you had nothing to do with the hacking. Everyone at WWW was in discust but we appreciated you telling us (at least I did). Now I see the messages you have sent to Jason and I now understand that I have been duped again. I am disappointed. BTW -
I know Jason did not edit the msgs, I have seen screen shots.
I am disappointed, I believed you were telling me the truth.

Allday
07-11-2013, 09:04 PM
I feel like you were trying to introduce the health hack to WWW (like other TAR members did to McGurt) but no one took the bait. Please tell me I am wrong, I extremely disappointed.

Sal T Iguana
07-12-2013, 05:30 AM
Allday you're wrong bro. Very wrong actually. I wasn't introducing it into your faction. I was giving warning so that you may see what you're up against before you think about spending another dime. But this is over now and Gree supposedly fixed it. So why are we now crying about spilled milk?

big-dawg
07-12-2013, 05:46 AM
Gree....when will you guys get the transfer problem worked out that is troubling so many people? I was hoping this would solve that problem but based on the description, it does not appear it has been addressed. Thanks.