PDA

View Full Version : Being able to rob with 100k attack/defense difference

MrSpidey
07-09-2013, 03:18 AM
Ok, what's up with this. Having a defense of 100k higher than the attacker and still he/she can rob me.

I don't mind being able to be robbed by someone with a few thousands less attack than I have defense, but 100k less and still able to rob me????

I truly want to know what's best to counteract this. Should I increase my defensive buildings stats (upgrade them all, knowing that I only get half of the base defense with each level)?
A while ago there was something with when you are robbed, your mafia defense is halved, but your defensive buildings stays intact(?).
If that is truly the case, then I should increase my defensive buildings....

sister morphine
07-09-2013, 03:26 AM
You're not seeing their stats with all the bonuses factored in (like you see your own). That only happens if you attack or rob another player. Happens all the time until this new 'feature' gets corrected.

Butt Futter
07-09-2013, 03:40 AM
Don't waste your time with defense buildings. Getting robbed is part of the game so if seeing red on your wall upsets you, quit this game now. If you really want to stop it, buy and spend a ton of gold, join a top 10 syndicate and earn the top prizes.

rbc2244
07-09-2013, 03:45 AM
I hear ya... found it strange that a 94k attack can blow through my 135k defense. I don't use defense buildings. Only bummer, is I can't find anyone in my rival list that is halfway decent until the syn vs syn tourney.

R3dbull
07-09-2013, 03:56 AM
Don't waste your time with defense buildings. Getting robbed is part of the game so if seeing red on your wall upsets you, quit this game now. If you really want to stop it, buy and spend a ton of gold, join a top 10 syndicate and earn the top prizes.
OR! drop all your mafia to Zero:D and chill

bald zeemer
07-09-2013, 03:57 AM
1. As stated, don't upgrade defense buildings. Only build them if they're in a space you can't otherwise fill and you have no money buildings worth building.
2. If you're on iOS you are seeing stats that are somewhere between .5 and .8 of the true stats (maybe a slightly higher proportion depending on your level, etc).
3. You need somewhere around 50% better defense than your opponents true attack to guarantee they can't rob you (the bigger the gap, the more failed robs they'll have between successful robs).

Idiokus
07-09-2013, 04:04 AM
Yeah...it's shocking to me too! I have 698 att / 600 def....I'm low level and it never stops to amaze me how someone with out 1/3 of my stats can wipe out all my cash. I was getting raided by a dude a guy with 190 att/ 200 def he successfully stole millions! I play all Gree games so know the mechanics and importance of skill point allocation...sorry Mr spidey, what can I say ...Gree games are the only games that penalizes for leveling, putting long time players on a hard spot with Boss events and Bad numbers in IP during war/battles! Makes ya wonder what's the point of working hard on your stats if way weaker can just come and raid your cash! Don't think there will ever be a fix for this been like this always...not a lot of talk or complaints about this on forum. Perhaps either peeps gave up on this or just find trolling more amusing! All I know, like you ...this makes no sense, no logic! It's actually brutal!!! Defense building are a waste don't get true defense numbers from them and don't serve much when higher in levels...turrets are the way to go cheaper and def adds a bit to your defense numbers. Now don't get upset but I think 100k difference should be able to attack and rob each other because of the game mechanics ...would like to tell you that you will be safe if you have 200 att and def more than your opponent but sorry you are not safe! Good day!!

Butt Futter
07-09-2013, 04:19 AM
I've been getting crushed by someone who's robbing my buildings 10-15 minutes before they are due. My money icons pop up robbed. lol

(CK) EL
07-09-2013, 04:57 AM
Defence buildings gives you fake defence if they are upgraded but this is not the main factor that you get robbed.

your defence when you get robbed uses only a percentage (50-75%) of your defence that comes from your inventory.

So you may have eg 500k profile defence, but your defence against robs to be only 400k.

Yesterday i robbed (spending some more stamina) a player with 700K more defence than my attack.
The question that comes is that if the percentage that reduces the defence from items doesn't change why you don't u have the same result in attacks or robs every time and you win some and lose some other attacks? I mean if everything is calculated the same way why you don't have 100% wins or 100% loses...
well.. here we have the factor that is called "random item"
seems that every time you have a pvp a random item enters the calculation and gives you different results.
Lately most of us have won from events some really strong items (4-5-10k stats each) but we also use some very low stats items (30-50 stats). If i attack a rival and i am unlucky to use as a random item a 30 stat's item and my rival uses a 5k stats item then i can lose a pvp that i shouldn't lose.
Mafia modifiers allows you to bring more mafia in battle but also reduce the minimum stats of the items you use, that has as a result more chances for the random item to be a low stat item.
I am not saying that these mods are not good i am saying that r not as good as they seem to be in first look

MrSpidey
07-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the respons everybody, greatly appreciated :)

@sister morphine: I got Android and so far I donīt see much difference in opponentīs defense when I attack somebody myself. So I guess their stated attack is also right.

@Butt Futter: I donīt have problems with getting robbed :)
Strange about your being robbed before collecting time though!

@rbc2244+Idiokus: I remember the time when around 8k difference was enough for not being robbed :)

@(CK) EL: that is a very interesting point of view :)
What I remember from other posts is that your own defense is lower when getting robbed than when getting attacked.
Just like I wrote in my initial post.
Maybe it would help if a Gree official would gives us the calculation here?
Then we wouldnīt need to speculate :)