PDA

View Full Version : LTQ pre-staged being wiped again (Outback Hunt)

ptong
07-08-2013, 08:21 PM
This will be the 4th LTQ event that I find pre-staged maps / targets being reset to 0/x. In this case the entire Boneyard map was reset.

Its not like I'm a noob and missed out pre-staging certain maps. Particularly the bosses in each map. This is way too obvious that Gree is manipulating the accounts.

No more gold!

Unless this is addressed satisfactorily by the next LTQ I will commence an anti-Gree games campaign.

136 189 854
411 162 807

lemonhaze
07-08-2013, 08:23 PM
This will be the 4th LTQ event that I find pre-staged maps / targets being reset to 0/x. In this case the entire Boneyard map was reset.

Its not like I'm a noob and missed out pre-staging certain maps. Particularly the bosses in each map. This is way too obvious that Gree is manipulating the accounts.

No more gold!

Unless this is addressed satisfactorily by the next LTQ I will commence an anti-Gree games campaign.

136 189 854
411 162 807 this LTQ wasnt worth it anyways..it sucks and im doing the 1000 rivals thing and almost done only spent 650 gold to get all those stats..but i see ya point mine wasnt reset tho..i just finished boneyard

ptong
07-08-2013, 08:45 PM
also experienced by 102 056 802.

IlliniFan1
07-08-2013, 09:11 PM
If you do that they will ban your account.

Kdbaumann
07-08-2013, 09:20 PM
None of my pre-staging was wiped. I find it strange that I have all of my per-staging and you don't...

Why would that be?

lemonhaze
07-08-2013, 09:49 PM
None of my pre-staging was wiped. I find it strange that I have all of my per-staging and you don't...

Why would that be? same here mine has never been done that way

I am a cow
07-08-2013, 10:36 PM
If you do that they will ban your account.

You think he cares about his forum account being banned? If he does he can use mine he is my faction mate after all

Mcdoc
07-08-2013, 10:39 PM
I did a lot of pre-staging and my missions were not reset. Not sure why there are those that have issues. :/

supadjp
07-08-2013, 10:42 PM
My pre-staging has been wiped for some targets on my main account but my second account is unaffected. It is definitely occurring though for many players.

JohnnyR
07-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Prestaged, but it appears I was half asleep through some of it as some random maps got wiped...

Honestly, I wouldn't point the finger at GREE on this one, and if it DID turn out to be a glitch I'm pretty sure it isn't purposeful. Think about it-how could GREE possibly tell between a prestaged map and a map in progress?

ptong
07-09-2013, 12:42 AM
bump to get mod's attention.

I'm not threatening something over nothing. Apparently some players are affected - not just me.

Even if its not purposeful on Gree's part it still says much about the mechanics of the game. At first I thought maps or parts of maps were being wiped because I did it offline. So I did my last two LTQ pre-staging only when online - yup, I can't get very far this way, stopped at Trident Beachhead. But the current LTQ shows maps wiped way earlier?

Tournai
07-09-2013, 01:01 AM
still it S U C K S, when you earned the xp with preparing, and everything is resetted!

Yesterday this was a Huge bummer for me 2! The fun is gone for me this way!

Wai
07-09-2013, 01:30 AM
I haven't experienced that. Some maps are part way through and they might happen to be part of a LTE. I would be very angry if things were being reset when I am not pre-staging but doing missions.

As mentioned, I have come across maps during the LTE that I have partly completed for other reasons and nothing has been reset.

I have numerous glitches but this for a change is not one of them.

kuksluk
07-09-2013, 03:36 AM
Never ever had my pre-staging reset and I can't see why they would do such a thing.
This has been discussed over and over again. For instance, some targets can't be beat with a full health bar, so you need to be able to hit a few times, log out, log back in later and continue from where you left off.
There are many many other (legitimate!) ways for Gree to circumvent pre-staging of maps without causing a rage among their customers.

As far as reasons to why you find some maps or targets reset goes, there are several possible explanations:
-You accidentally hit a last time resetting the target yourself
-You simply missed/forgot to pre-stage some targets/maps
-Hits didn't register because of dropped connection with the servers and you failed to realize this and moved to the next map next time you logged in
-Other server problems causing the game to revert back to an earlier state, losing some of your progress without you noticing it.

ptong
07-09-2013, 05:22 AM
As far as reasons to why you find some maps or targets reset goes, there are several possible explanations:
-Hits didn't register because of dropped connection with the servers and you failed to realize this and moved to the next map next time you logged in
-Other server problems causing the game to revert back to an earlier state, losing some of your progress without you noticing it.

Thanks for responding kuksluk!

Once I realised what was going on I checked twice a day on all maps that were pre-staged. Yes, I've been noob enough before to hit one last time but this does not account for an entire map (or most of it) being set to 0/x.

This time round I checked and double checked. Frankly, 1 map was reset just before LTQ. Then when/after LTQ started I found another map 'reset.'

So a greater force is at work here and it happens all the time? All last 4 LTQs? Gree's 'invisible hand' perhaps? :P

This certainly is a Gree issue if what you say is possible. I notice that when a contact form is lodged we get immediate response emails citing all manner of detail including server information. Wonder if certain servers have issues then since some players see the same as me while other appear to not have this issue at all?

And I'm more ready to point my finger at Gree given the 'invisible hand' at work causing a furore over 200kD stats winning 350kA in a straight fight? This problem admittedly is not so bad now but statistically there is still a chance you lose to players with 20% lower defense stats then your attack in my recent experience going up to lvl 7 on the Commando Tournament. I stopped dead cold on that event when i discovered pre-staged LTQ maps being reset.

Too many unknowns make this a game of chance rather then time / skill / money / strategy. Perhaps its time to follow in Milspecs footsteps.

Screwloose
07-09-2013, 06:34 AM

What he said.^^^^^^

I believed my maps were getting reset before, then I just realised that the number of times I have an issue posting on someone's wall or posting the forum or just getting into the game and having the 'unable to contact sever' error message appear is most likely the cause of this.

For some reason I get the xp and I use my energy up but it doesn't register the hits on the map target, most likely because of not being able to contact server issue. I refuse to believe Gree are resetting my maps, and not all maps or all targets, but random targets and random maps, as previously said there much easier ways to stop your prestaging from being effective, like making you repeat the map and targets more than once or twice.

Tito89
07-09-2013, 06:57 AM
has it ever occurred to people that its not always gree that messes up? ive never had any issue with losing prestaged maps or similar, and its (i think) because i have good, fast internet access. im not saying the fastest, but not slow like a pocket wifi i used to have (-.-)

Golf4life
07-09-2013, 07:36 AM
They aren't having these issues...they simply forgot which maps they staged.
I did a lot of pre-staging and my missions were not reset. Not sure why there are those that have issues. :/

spcmorris
07-09-2013, 07:41 AM
I've never had a problem with maps being wiped of prestaged. I have 'thought' I prestaged them and ended up realizing I didn't get to, and blamed it on Gree to start with. Gree doesn't care, they've just taken counter-measures against prestaging. More frequent LTQs, higher energy, lower rewards, and most importantly to them buying/spending gold to get the LTQs finished. I'm sure you've accidentally missed a stage, because they don't wipe prehit areas.

Perilous
07-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Boneyard is constantly reset for me...I know for a fact it wasn't me since check many times to make sure it isn't.

ptong
07-09-2013, 08:12 AM
To those who say they did not get wiped. Lucky you! :D

But there's enough noise, other then from me, to show there there is some 'resetting' going on regardless who's 'fault' it is.

BoilerPaulie
07-09-2013, 08:29 AM
I can confirm that I did have at least one of my maps wiped - the Bomb Maker Compound. I am on 11/12 on normal mode, and was out of energy last night before going to bed and checked that map. I had every single one prestaged. When I woke up, they were all reset to 0/X. Whether it was intentional or not, this is ridiculous. Glitches and errors in the game need to be dealt with, and Gree does next to nothing to fix exploits. It would be one thing if this were a free game only, but this to me should be seen as a direct attempt to extort money from the players by erasing work they've done to give themselves a fair yet free advantage.

camper killer
07-09-2013, 08:58 AM
I can confirm I had 2 whole maps wiped. High level to boot.

this is the 3rd straight event I had atleast 2 maps wiped.

Tom Waynes World #2
07-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Same problem to me an lv11/12 bomb maker compound!

OBAMASMAMA
07-09-2013, 09:21 AM
I've had all maps wiped last 3 events. I shouldn't even do these anymore. On boss and collect 10's now.

Chikin
07-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Well it seems that the bomb makes factory is the map every one is getting screw-Ed on

Mine too was not pre-stagged like I had 3 days ago. Oh we'll. sure makes me not want to buy gold. Which is what they want is to do.

Oh we'll!

digisyn
07-09-2013, 09:50 AM
I have seen some targets wiped as well but not entire maps. I'm pretty methodical about double checking the maps when I think I'm done so IMO the wipe issue is valid but not a big deal.

Web323
07-09-2013, 10:16 AM
I have had this in every LTQ, some of the map gets reset(mostly the boss) but not too big of a deal.

KennyB70
07-09-2013, 10:19 AM
This newest update keeps resetting the map after I complete it, so I can't get through it. I didn't prestage either. But it is bogus that I have use 500 energy on the first 3,and will not complete after doing all targets, just keeps resetting, at this rate it will take 4 days to do first 4 missions.

KFH
07-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Never had my prestaging reset, one time I thought they did with a couple of missions but turns out I forgot to stage them

KFH
07-09-2013, 11:12 AM
wrote to soon, just checked my list of what i prestaged and they reset the boss x10 for bomb makers compound.

ptong
07-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Sorry to hear that KFH! Looks like more then just smoke pouring out my a** according to some of the folks here then. Still I'll say the same. Lucky for you all who didn't get wiped or reset! :D

The rest of us gotta plan something on the scale of 'PUN.'

Roscoe782
07-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Sorry to hear that KFH! Looks like more then just smoke pouring out my a** according to some of the folks here then. Still I'll say the same. Lucky for you all who didn't get wiped or reset! :D

The rest of us gotta plan something on the scale of 'PUN.'

It's definitely not the majority, but a few faction members in my faction noticed at least some prescaling was reset. I'm not sure about all.

heal
07-09-2013, 08:04 PM
I've had resetting in the past before everyone started prestaging, back when the LTQ's had better units with less XP gain. No problems recently but that makes me think it's some sort of random glitch.

ptong
07-09-2013, 08:10 PM
hahahaha ... like a 'ghost in the machine' kind of glitch? that's what code debuggers are for.

What?
07-09-2013, 10:37 PM
My pre-staging has never been wiped out, but it is getting harder to do it when the events are 3 days apart. It looks like the next ltq event is 3 days after this current one that was 3 days after the last one. I would rather have 2 epic boss events and 2 ltq events rather than 3 and 1.

Sparkle
07-14-2013, 06:35 PM

No more gold!

136 189 854
411 162 807

Yes indeed my prestaging has been wiped down to zero on the biggest characters and objects in the biggest screens. Some of the members of the faction are experiencing this too. We figured Gree didn't like the strategy after they told us to use strategy. I am really tired spending my time and money to do prestaging only to find it erased. I am surprised to see here that many people are not having this problem so it must be a glitch. We also have a problem with the faction board getting erased. We thought it was a cruel prank. The leader undid all of the officer delete buttons but it happened again so it has to be a Gree glitch too. Time for a customer service writing campaign folks. They do selectively respond.

in defense of the good
07-18-2013, 05:38 AM
prestaged as much as I can. May be some maps werent prestaged or I just overlooked some targets. But in most cases, the prestaged maps remained in tact.

Mongo
07-18-2013, 06:22 AM
I had a couple targets that were at zero, think that is me, not Gree. Or maybe gree's servers pick certain people to wipe, but only a map or target here or there? For what purpose, to inspire more spending?

Hey gree if you can wipe you could stage too. I have never spent a nickel on LTQ but if you put me at prestige 24 with a day left and I could see the ROI who knows....

ptong
07-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Had a reply from a Shirley Winston from support saying they are sorry and they try to help (but how?). In any event, I started a new post that states that this LTQ I did not find any wiping/resetting for which I'm glad. Tough is tough but fair!

I replied that if they made some changes, good on them, if they did not, well, its working now at least for this LTQ (Boomerang Effect).

BoilerPaulie
07-18-2013, 07:37 AM
Had a reply from a Shirley Winston from support saying they are sorry and they try to help (but how?). In any event, I started a new post that states that this LTQ I did not find any wiping/resetting for which I'm glad. Tough is tough but fair!

I replied that if they made some changes, good on them, if they did not, well, its working now at least for this LTQ (Boomerang Effect).

Nice to hear of someone actually receiving a response from support. Whether they have or have not changed anything, I can report that I've also not had any prestaging wiped in this LTQ. I had in multiple past LTQ's, so this is hopefully an intentional improvement and not a coincidence.

Riddle
09-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Wasn't happy on my 2nd account leveled up 2 times prestaging to find it all gone ! Also Taj mahl still a ghost.

Robespierre
09-12-2013, 09:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/UnduTheGun/ThreadNecromancer.png