PDA

View Full Version : There is NO POINT in improving stats

cwayeharris
07-08-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm sure many of you have come to realise this, but I was really thinking about Gree's approach to this game the other day. It's genius really.

There is absolutely no point in improving your stats.
I recently have hit a new band of stats. As a result, my rivals list has changed. Where I went from being about to beat about 90% of my opponents to now being beaten by about 50% of them.

It got me thinking...
I've been chugging along... Kicking butt.

I get better stats, and BAM... Now I'm up against some big boys.
People who spend $1000s on this game...

Had I not have improved my stats... i would still be beating guys weaker than me.

I've now worked out that the ONLY time that improving your stats is beneficial is to win WD and help your faction... But then I got to thinking... WHY?

Why do you want to be in a faction and win a prize which increases your stats and puts you up against other people who have improved their stats too?

All you are doing is making it harder for yourself... Then "forcing" you to increase your stats further...

Perhaps right at the top it does make a difference... JUSTICE FOR JIHAD - someday, someone will catch you and be stronger than you... But for those guys below 1mill in stats... there is no point...

I'll never be the strongest in this game... Never close... There will always be people I get matched up against that are stronger... and always some that are weaker....

So... I can say, YAY... I've got 1Mill in attack and defence... SO WHAT?
So I can battle some other guy with 1Mill in attack and defence.

In the whole time I've played this game, only a handful of times have I come up against such monsters...

But I bet the likes of Ferr, Riddler, Rachlord etc... come up against them all the time..

So they spend more to beat the people who are spending more to beat them..
Gree have sucked you into fighting a war that will never end.
Trying to win a battle that can't be won...

Today.. Poor Milspec, bows out with $35000 less in his pocket....
And all that for just over 1mill in stats!

Me... I'm out of pocket maybe $200-$300 over 18 months... I have 400/500...

I'm not piss weak, but I'm not super strong...
But I know... I won't spend another dime to get stronger to fight someone who is also stronger...

Why would a lightweight boxer, put on weight to fight in middleweight?
Would they then put on weight to fight in heavyweight?

There will always be someone stronger... Always be another tier to reach, but never a way to actually WIN

Good luck all... May the richest win!

fighter777
07-08-2013, 07:42 PM
then don't improve your stats and move on with your day...

calvin98
07-08-2013, 07:43 PM
*slow clap* well put. Only the quitters truly win this game.

ProCision
07-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Umm.... Okay, so install the game, go through the walk through and then turn it right off. Never turn it on again. Sounds like a fun game, don't do any events, none. Make sure you don't get any boost building's.

Rade
07-08-2013, 08:53 PM
The whole point of this game really revolves around your stats. What you are saying is basically just don't play this game at all. Now I can agree with that though. I have become too involved with this game so the advice to not get sucked into the never-ending battle to improve isn't bad advice. However, I do get a lot of enjoyment out of the game even if I am not a gold user.

Slick50
07-08-2013, 09:11 PM
These lake trout are great, but I'm ready for some bigger fish

Kepheus2nd
07-08-2013, 09:52 PM
tl; dr
So basically you're saying you finally understood that Gree wants to make money.
Congrats.

If you don't like it or see no other way of playing the game - then don't. With this kind of game you can even tell that it's about spending real cash w/o installing the app. Just look for pricey IAP of in-app currency on the app store.

lemonhaze
07-08-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm sure many of you have come to realise this, but I was really thinking about Gree's approach to this game the other day. It's genius really.

I recently have hit a new band of stats. As a result, my rivals list has changed. Where I went from being about to beat about 90% of my opponents to now being beaten by about 50% of them.

It got me thinking...

Had I not have improved my stats... i would still be beating guys weaker than me.

I've now worked out that the ONLY time that improving your stats is beneficial is to win WD and help your faction... But then I got to thinking... WHY?

Why do you want to be in a faction and win a prize which increases your stats and puts you up against other people who have improved their stats too?

All you are doing is making it harder for yourself... Then "forcing" you to increase your stats further...

Perhaps right at the top it does make a difference... JUSTICE FOR JIHAD - someday, someone will catch you and be stronger than you... But for those guys below 1mill in stats... there is no point...

I'll never be the strongest in this game... Never close... There will always be people I get matched up against that are stronger... and always some that are weaker....

In the whole time I've played this game, only a handful of times have I come up against such monsters...

But I bet the likes of Ferr, Riddler, Rachlord etc... come up against them all the time..

But I know... I won't spend another dime to get stronger to fight someone who is also stronger...

There will always be someone stronger... Always be another tier to reach, but never a way to actually WIN

Good luck all... May the richest win! why are you complaining now bc u cant beat ppl..hahah just start attacking alot of strong ppl and lose ur stats and stay there forever and u will be a winner..

I am a cow
07-08-2013, 10:30 PM
3 words Quit the game. Delete the game and never look back you won't regret it

Armand2REP
07-08-2013, 10:55 PM

It got me thinking...

Good luck all... May the richest win!

You got so caught up in stat inflation you didn't think to watch your stats to level ratio. The only time improving stats is beneficial is if you can do it with minimal XP gain. If you aren't going to spend gold to finish events, you should only do them until you reach the correct level to stat increase. You got suckered into the excitement and now you can't hang with the whales. The best event for free players is Epic Boss, keep that in mind when you start your new account. :rolleyes:

cwayeharris
07-08-2013, 11:45 PM
why are you complaining now bc u cant beat ppl..hahah just start attacking alot of strong ppl and lose ur stats and stay there forever and u will be a winner..

I'm not complaining at all...

All I'm saying is that if you improve your stats, Gree matches you with people of similar stats.
So by increasing your stats, you won't improve your strength vs your rival list.
You won't win more fights or raids.
You will simply be placed with stronger people.

Kepheus2nd
07-08-2013, 11:48 PM
You got so caught up in stat inflation you didn't think to watch your stats to level ratio. The only time improving stats is beneficial is if you can do it with minimal XP gain. If you aren't going to spend gold to finish events, you should only do them until you reach the correct level to stat increase. You got suckered into the excitement and now you can't hang with the whales. The best event for free players is Epic Boss, keep that in mind when you start your new account. :rolleyes:

Very good points! I kinda like people who don't care for game mechanics complaining that the game doesn't work the way they want to ;)

Kepheus2nd
07-08-2013, 11:58 PM
I'm not complaining at all...

All I'm saying is that if you improve your stats, Gree matches you with people of similar stats.
So by increasing your stats, you won't improve your strength vs your rival list.
You won't win more fights or raids.
You will simply be placed with stronger people.

Wrong. My rival list contains >90% people that don't stand a chance against me. As a camper/crawler I don't care though. I am constantly overvault by 100s of millions and only get successfully attacked once in 4-6 weeks. I own each and every LE building and they don't get robbed at all.

You do know that you do not have to maximize your ally count? Are you in a faction?
Stats do matter. But as Armand said: it's stats to level ratio that really counts not bare stats alone.
Why don't you post your stats so that we could give you some practical advice?

Mcdoc
07-09-2013, 12:36 AM
You do know that you do not have to maximize your ally count? Are you in a faction?Stats do matter. But as Armand said: it's stats to level ratio that really counts not bare stats alone.Why don't you post your stats so that we could give you some practical advice?Best reply so far ! Drop down to 100 allies if all you want to do is win :)

I get it - your rivals list changed - so now it's time for you to take charge of your rivals list :)

I'm level 224 with 1 mil stats - my rivals list goes all the way down to level 154 with 20k stats - I could win all day long if I wanted to :)

tank12345678
07-09-2013, 12:50 AM
When you level up, there will be many vetelent, even elite palyers, I am now level 74, and highest stat I've seen at this level is up to 300k A/D, It should never be happen when you are low level, shch as 30 or 40.

shaggy4344
07-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Need to post

Thlinks
07-09-2013, 04:51 AM
i don't think this its gree's fault.. Cracks me up people blame gree for spending your own money.. I think factions are the real culprit.. lot of people competing to be the best but at what cost? Even that faction tourney event, same people on the leader boards that you would see on the wars.. And the prizes suck lol.. its all about who has the biggest wallet

cwayeharris
07-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Wrong. My rival list contains >90% people that don't stand a chance against me. As a camper/crawler I don't care though. I am constantly overvault by 100s of millions and only get successfully attacked once in 4-6 weeks. I own each and every LE building and they don't get robbed at all.

You do know that you do not have to maximize your ally count? Are you in a faction?
Stats do matter. But as Armand said: it's stats to level ratio that really counts not bare stats alone.
Why don't you post your stats so that we could give you some practical advice?

I have a LLP in the same boat... Rarely loses from an attack.... I'm only lvl 16 on that one, so don't have all the LE buildings, but do have some...

My HLP is LVL 192 400/500 - 300 Allies

McDoc - you are on my rival list occassionally...

I see down to about level 160 and all the way up to LVL 250 - Lowest I've seen is 30k def, but they are no good as they don't have money or worthwhile raidable buildings.

I did enjoy this game much more at Level 120 when I had 30 allies! - I joined a faction, and obviously needed to beef up the allies to compete.

Today.. I was attacked by SUP Nomade - LVL 250, 2.5M/2.6M - 431 allies
I have also been attacked by many of the top players recently...

I could drop allies, and probably eliminate the problem but I am still in a faction and I enjoy contributing to their success... so dropping allies isn't going to help the faction.

As I said all along... had I stayed at the same ATT/DEF from a month ago, raiding and attacking would be alot easier than it is today.
I wouldn't have to check peoples stats before I attacked - (I'm on droid, it takes ages)

I'm not actually complaining... I'm just making a point.
At least I'm not paired up against all of the big boys all of the time.
If it was any different, nobody new would play, because all of the people who are stronger would beat you over, and over and over... You'd never have a chance to improve and compete.

So my point simply is, that had I not have improved my stats, I would win more. More frequently and more easy.
But by being stronger, I am up against people who are stronger... Being stronger has not helped my gaming in anyway...

Infact, many of these stronger players, play so often, that they always collect all their buildings, or are too strong for me to hit. = SO getting "better" - has made me relatively worse!

Thief
07-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Your Observation has everything to do with your lvl (and i believe ally count still)
Getting Stronger only does one thing. Provide more BP for your opponents that can beat you.
So you can be weaker and get beat up by more people
Or you can be stronger and get targeted by more powerful people
Your never going to be the strongest (unless you decide to start dropping insane amounts of money) so just enjoy the game for what it is.

Ferr
07-09-2013, 04:36 PM
I would say there is no need to reach for the highest stats at all. In fact, i would advice you against it. There will come a moment you care less if someone raids you as at that time you will have an indistructable army and it wont cost you anything. You wont loose units anymore and there is no need for purchasing units either. You wont be able to beat all but you will always have a big enough group of players you can attack and win. From there on you could stop spending and cruise the game out untill the end.

Thief
07-09-2013, 04:43 PM
I would say there is no need to reach for the highest stats at all. In fact, i would advice you against it. There will come a moment you care less if someone raids you as at that time you will have an indistructable army and it wont cost you anything. You wont loose units anymore and there is no need for purchasing units either. You wont be able to beat all but you will always have a big enough group of players you can attack and win. From there on you could stop spending and cruise the game out untill the end.

Shhh Ferr you just gave away my strategy :D

lemonhaze
07-10-2013, 01:34 AM

Why don't you post your stats so that we could give you some practical advice? same here the stronger i got the more i could beat..idk hes got a messed up rivval list

Sir Dan
08-08-2013, 11:34 AM
@OP
You are a fool to think all who play spend real money. There is still fun in the game to play and compete against one another even without spending money. I have 250k/300k a/d and I haven't spend more than $16. Its not that I dont have money to blow on the game, but some of us have to come to this realization sooner than you.

lemonhaze
08-08-2013, 11:51 AM
@OP
You are a fool to think all who play spend real money. There is still fun in the game to play and compete against one another even without spending money. I have 250k/300k a/d and I haven't spend more than $16. Its not that I dont have money to blow on the game, but some of us have to come to this realization sooner than you. its not really blowing the $ on the game its blowing ur money on entertainment..same as going to the movies or out rideing ur motorcycle in the wind..u dont get no possesions from either thing just enjoyment..some have fun useing gold some dont and then like myself i do a bit of both only what i can afford after my bills are paid..some do go to extremes but im assumeing they can afford to do that and more power to them its their cash spend it how they like

Web323
08-08-2013, 11:55 AM
If I could only get my attack closer to my defense. Almost a 300K difference

SGT Rud
08-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Ever play any standard video game on a something like xbox or nintendo? The further in the game you get, the harder it gets. You have to pay closer attention to what your doing. Watch your xp gain, watch your allies, rethink your strategy.

This game is all about the one who spends the most wins. It becomes less about strategy, and more about thumb muscles. Free play is less about $$$ spent, and more about strategy. True, free players will never be top dogs, but we can still be very competitive, you just have to watch your Ps and Qs.

As a gold spender, you may want to invest into events and items that have the least xp gain. Yes, you get good units in an LTQ, but can you get the same stat units for the same $$$ out of a chest event, or buying crates? And they come with 0 xp gain.

LCDR2012
08-08-2013, 01:25 PM
I see your point but the fun is in the challenge of getting stronger and working with your faction to do better. Obviously if you’re not going to spend a lot of money you’re not going to be a top faction but just making the top 1000 is exciting and I enjoy the people that I have met from around the world in my faction. I to kind of thought higher stats would make things easier but the opponents are harder as your stats move up and I think that makes it competitive because if it got easier than there wouldn’t be a challenge which is what makes this game so fun.

Dickweed
08-08-2013, 01:33 PM
its not really blowing the $ on the game its blowing ur money on entertainment..same as going to the movies or out rideing ur motorcycle in the wind..u dont get no possesions from either thing just enjoyment..some have fun useing gold some dont and then like myself i do a bit of both only what i can afford after my bills are paid..some do go to extremes but im assumeing they can afford to do that and more power to them its their cash spend it how they like

That's kind of how I look at it too. By some respects, I owe Gree some money because they have saved me a lot of spending on other entertainment. I have bought one vault of gold several months ago but that is it. My PS3 just collects dust now as I maintain interest here. I would have bought at least 3 games buy now at ~$60 a pop if I did not happen across Modern War.

Something to add, perhaps, to the original post is that you also just have to become content with only collecting 40% of your big $ buildings. Put the timers away and just go about your life, pop in when convenient, play only when you feel like it and just let it all be. My raid big vs. getting raided big is still probably 5 to 1 so they can take all they want as I am out there taking 5 times as much anyway. Keep upgrading those buildings though. Even at only a 40% collection rate you can still fill your vault and progress through the game. Afterall, you don't want a game that is too easy. I think a rival list of 50% stronger and 50% weaker is perfect.