PDA

View Full Version : Attention all Kindle players you MUST read this thread

thundarr
07-08-2013, 08:07 AM
I don't know if it was my Email to Jeff Bezos CEO of Amazon but NOW your Kindle version is the same as IOS and Android. No more humiliation from LLP's from IOS and Android trashing your base and player. It is version 3.7.0.4 no more 3.2.2 with no LTQ, faction wars, box events you now have EVERYTHING at your disposal. It is like a dream come true for me. I had given up hope of ever having a decent Kindle player. Thanks to Gree, Amazon and Jeff Bezos for FINALLY updating the app. I don't know if I deserve the credit for this but I will take in anyway.

nickdpro99
07-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Hey good to know you guys can also join in. Wow, great work GREE. And it's good that you informed everyone thundarr. Keep up the great work.

Mongo
07-08-2013, 08:16 AM
I will have to check that out. I have been playing the sideloaded version but a fully functional amazon version would be the best. I'm sure you get some of the credit thundarr, sometimes "you are losing $" packaged intelligently makes sense to the powers that be. Good work!

Roscoe782
07-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Are you getting the current box event to show up? All I see is the faction versus faction tournament.

I've tried reinstalling and waiting for data pushes, but still no box event. The FVF tourni and the PVP event is up though. Stats are corrected as well, they should be higher than the last antiquated Kindle version.

So, I guess, 2/3 ain't bad and it is a definite improvement on the original app.

I'll go back to the sideloaded version to finish opening boxes.

Now, after reinstalling the sideloaded version, I don't see the box event here either, maybe I just need to wait longer....Maybe it is 3/3. I will let you know.

thundarr
07-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I don't see the box event either hopefully we will have LTQ. We will know later today at 3PM EST

Roscoe782
07-08-2013, 10:19 AM
I don't see the box event either hopefully we will have LTQ. We will know later today at 3PM EST

Good idea. The PVP event showed up so I hope/feel the PVE one should as well. The sideloaded version can access the box event. I will try again with the Kindle version back at home and give it some more time to see if the box event eventually shows. I don't think I gave it enough time and the internet at work sucks for it.

On a side note, I really didn't think the Kindle version would get updated. Kudos to you for sticking with it. Hopefully, I can now use the sideloaded version as backup, but we will see what happens with the box event.

Mongo
07-08-2013, 12:22 PM
FWIW I was in Roscoe's camp, had no faith in the kindle upgrade. FWIW #2 I have been and still am opening boxes, and just started LTQ on my still-sideloaded version. Might wait for a lull in the action before switching. Reminds me of the maddening crashes then seemingly random timing for new data push. During which time I would have almost NO indestructible units, thus about 5% of my real stats.

Anyway, progress never occurs in a straight line, keep in touch guys, we could start a "kindle survivor" group.

thundarr
07-08-2013, 12:36 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS We have LTQ on the Kindle. I am playing it as I write. I never thought this day would come. I have been playing this on my Kindle since Oct 12, 2012 and FINALLY its on a par with the others.

GEMH
07-08-2013, 12:39 PM
If you cannot see the Aussie Cashbox event, check your Data set to make sure you have the most recent. You need to be level 10 and have mw_20130702_5 to participate in this event.

To find your data set: Open Menu>More>About

To update: Allow game to run for 10-15 minutes, exit/restart - This may take more than one attempt

If you are on the current data set and cannot see the Aussie Cashbox event, contact Support.

Roscoe782
07-08-2013, 12:44 PM
If you cannot see the Aussie Cashbox event, check your Data set to make sure you have the most recent. You need to be level 10 and have mw_20130702_5 to participate in this event.

To find your data set: Open Menu>More>About

To update: Allow game to run for 10-15 minutes, exit/restart - This may take more than one attempt

If you are on the current data set and cannot see the Aussie Cashbox event, contact Support.

I bet it is the wait 10-15 minutes, then restart, rinse and repeat that will do the trick. I just didn't have the time and patience to do it at work. Will attempt again in a few hours and report back.

thundarr
07-08-2013, 01:07 PM
How do you exit the game without shutting down the Kindle?

Mongo
07-08-2013, 01:18 PM
wow not only does the kindle actually have the features, but we have an admin monitoring this thread!

I might have to pull up the AMZN chart and consider throwing in some moral support. No, wait a minute, thundarr, can you work your contact for say 1,500 sympathy coins for our suffering? They appear to have made up w/Gree, can't hurt to try?

Roscoe782
07-08-2013, 01:25 PM
How do you exit the game without shutting down the Kindle?

swipe the little tab on the right side of the screen and press the back button until you get the prompt to exit the game.

bxhx
07-08-2013, 04:05 PM
I've had the android version on my kindle HD for a while by downloading it from the play store on my phone, copying the file, then transferring it to the kindle. Worked great now for about 6 months.

Roscoe782
07-08-2013, 04:30 PM
I've had the android version on my kindle HD for a while by downloading it from the play store on my phone, copying the file, then transferring it to the kindle. Worked great now for about 6 months.

Good call sideloading works great. Still feeling out this kindle update.

Update: restarted multiple times after 10-15 minutes of running. No box event. I will sideload because that is faster than a ticket to finish that event. Maybe future box events will show...

puz
07-08-2013, 07:46 PM
As a fellow kindle player I never thought this day would come. When I woke up and went to collect with my llp, which is on the kindle I wad plesently surprised. Don't know who, how or why but its awesome. Thanks thundar, guess we will give you the credit!

Mw name : puz
Mw id : 390 482 890
faction : navy SEALS top 75 in poland

Dkaell
07-08-2013, 08:49 PM
I don't know if it was my Email to Jeff Bezos CEO of Amazon but NOW your Kindle version is the same as IOS and Android. No more humiliation from LLP's from IOS and Android trashing your base and player. It is version 3.7.0.4 no more 3.2.2 with no LTQ, faction wars, box events you now have EVERYTHING at your disposal. It is like a dream come true for me. I had given up hope of ever having a decent Kindle player. Thanks to Gree, Amazon and Jeff Bezos for FINALLY updating the app. I don't know if I deserve the credit for this but I will take in anyway.

Prior to this update you could still do the LTQ's and other events, they just didn't show up in your mission log. If you want to level quickly and become food for the whales then go at it. Unfortunately, my game is now really slow and requires constant restarts since the "great" update was finally released for the kindle. I'd much prefer to have the old version back.

livon
07-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Guys it was just mind-blowing game. I like to play this game in the depth of my heart and I am also a Kindle player. So I think it’s related to Jeff Bezos CEO of Amazon but NOW your Kindle version is the same as IOS and Android. No more humiliation from LLP's from IOS and Android trashing your base and player, I had given up hope of ever having a decent Kindle player. I appreciate to Gree, Amazon and Jeff Bezos for FINALLY updating the app.I don't know if I deserve the credit for this but I will take in anyway. I hope guys if you play this game you must enjoy it.

thundarr
07-09-2013, 04:46 AM
My words exactly

Guys it was just mind-blowing game. I like to play this game in the depth of my heart and I am also a Kindle player. So I think it’s related to Jeff Bezos CEO of Amazon but NOW your Kindle version is the same as IOS and Android. No more humiliation from LLP's from IOS and Android trashing your base and player, I had given up hope of ever having a decent Kindle player. I appreciate to Gree, Amazon and Jeff Bezos for FINALLY updating the app.I don't know if I deserve the credit for this but I will take in anyway. I hope guys if you play this game you must enjoy it.

Mongo
07-10-2013, 10:52 AM
update- so I tried the kindle version last night. 2 things I noticed. You still cannot "tap for free gold" off the top tray, like you can on the other droid version. Also, the aussie cashbox event never loaded, and this includes after getting the data reset and confirmation of the current version as detailed in the admin post above. So I went back to finish the cashboxes, but will probably return in the belief that all future events will be properly primed on kindle?