PDA

View Full Version : Very Sneaky GREE, I Like It!

Evil Mastermind
07-07-2013, 05:52 AM
I can appreciate genius when I see it.

Seems to me GREE found a way around player's complaints of not having WD events more than once a month because "it is too time consuming". They simply slapped a new name on it and called it Faction vs Faction Tourney, and have one every week in between wars.

Those same players that didn't have enough time are on this leaderboard too. Nicely done GREE.

Congratulations.

-Evil Mastermind

JohnnyR
07-07-2013, 07:19 AM
To be fair, it's like being on a treadmill, if you ain't runnin', you are falling. Lot of these guys are pretty spent.

Thlinks
07-07-2013, 07:26 AM
so why continue to spend more money to be first on mediocre prizes? like with a mil plus stats, a 1k item must be nothing to those guys

Pro
07-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Players are dropping like flies. Some believe that is the intent.

DFI
07-07-2013, 07:50 AM
True, but it is up to you whether you want to participate. I only spend time on the boss, ten box and WD games, so the rest I ignore.

Mcdoc
07-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Players are dropping like flies. Some believe that is the intent.

Kinda like treating a girlfriend like crap until she leaves so you don't have to be the bad guy & break up with her ? ? ?

I feel so used - LoL

Anonymously Yours
07-07-2013, 09:53 AM
I can appreciate genius when I see it. Seems to me GREE found a way around player's complaints of not having WD events more than once a month because "it is too time consuming". They simply slapped a new name on it and called it Faction vs Faction Tourney, and have one every week in between wars. Those same players that didn't have enough time are on this leaderboard too. Nicely done GREE. Congratulations. -Evil MastermindIt's other name is addiction.

Anonymously Yours
07-07-2013, 09:55 AM
so why continue to spend more money to be first on mediocre prizes? like with a mil plus stats, a 1k item must be nothing to those guys

U Have asked a great question. They say its fun and camaraderie that drives them. Some would say its the big "A".

Pro
07-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Kinda like treating a girlfriend like crap until she leaves so you don't have to be the bad guy & break up with her ? ? ?

I feel so used - LoL
Pretty much you are correct. Just do as you want,do what makes things better for you and if others don't like it oh well.

Don't feel used think of the good times... LOL.

Evil Mastermind
07-07-2013, 11:06 AM
It's other name is addiction.

Narcissism & Ego are fueling the behavior seen in this game. The game itself is not addictive.

It is the never-ending pursuit of proving that he/she is better than others because his/her name sits on a leaderboard or because his/her "stats" are higher. The part these individuals fail to see is that no one values these accomplishments except the ones trying to take their place displaying the same flawed thought processes. Vanity - dirty little trait of mankind.

Gree simply provided the platform that feeds this type of weak personality to fund their little enterprise. I mean think about it. Stats grow forever. There is no ending. Like I said before, I appreciate genius when I see it.

Clinical Diagnosis provided by - Evil Mastermind

Anonymously Yours
07-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Narcissism & Ego are fueling the behavior seen in this game. The game itself is not addictive.

It is the never-ending pursuit of proving that he/she has more self-worth because his/her name sits on a leaderboard or because his/her "stats" are higher. The part these individuals fail to see is that no one values these accomplishments except the ones trying to take their place displaying the same flawed thought processes.

Gree simply provided the platform that allows this type of weak personality to fund their little enterprise. I mean think about it. Stats grow forever. There is no ending. Like I said before, I appreciate genius when I see it.

It isn't because of genius on the part of GREE that Gree SEEMINGLY succeeds.
The "heroes" and "sheroes" of this game are driven by their OVERWHELMING desire to compete, their valiant comrades that drive them onward, avarice for the unseen trinkets, that "A" word, their little boy and girl egos, and their instinct to be the BEST at an UNKNOWN, USELESS "S" word pixelated THINGY!

Evil Mastermind
07-07-2013, 11:24 AM
It isn't because of genius on the part of GREE that Gree SEEMINGLY succeeds.
The "heroes" and "sheroes" of this game are driven by their OVERWHELMING desire to compete, their valiant comrades that drive them onward, avarice for the unseen trinkets, that "A" word, their little boy and girl egos, and their instinct to be the BEST at an UNKNOWN, USELESS "S" word pixelated THINGY!

There is no "seemingly" about it. They are succeeding in every sense of the word. Such a simple gaming platform to feed naccissistic egomaniacs with their desire to "succeed". Yes, it is pure genius.

Poopenshire
07-07-2013, 11:26 AM
not only does this fit nicely with Funzio's Japanese overlords customs and plans, but allows them to cut costs.in japan its customary to consider profits now vs long term grow and longevity. Run up as hard and fast as you and milk your customers dry. then move on. if you customers are taken for all their worth and leave then there is not overhead costs of keeping a system up and running. PT Barnum like.You will never see Gree putting up a long term project or game. they will milk it for all the cash they can get and move on to the next thing. shareholders only care about cash now, not plans for cash 10 years from now with Net companies. lets get serious here you can hardly call Gree a blue chip stock. Net companies come and go so fast it only makes sense to get fast profits and move on.

Anonymously Yours
07-07-2013, 11:31 AM
There is no "seemingly" about it. They are succeeding in every sense of the word. Such a simple gaming platform to feed naccissistic egomaniacs with their desire to "succeed". Yes, it is pure genius.

I am NOT permitted to say what I really believe and know.

In order to remain among the living commentators, I water down my comments.

Anonymously Yours
07-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Create it, and they will spend.

Evil Mastermind
07-07-2013, 11:33 AM

LOL. Understood.

CaptChaos
07-07-2013, 12:14 PM
You will never see Gree putting up a long term project or game. they will milk it for all the cash they can get and move on to the next thing. shareholders only care about cash now, not plans for cash 10 years from now with Net companies.

Exactly. They've tapped the main vein here and they are going to keep pumping until they decide its no longer profitable.

Anonymously Yours
07-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Exactly. They've tapped the main vein here and they are going to keep pumping until they decide its no longer profitable.

Correction, until the ones with this predilection get tapped out or wise up. The problem is, what you think you see, isn't the problem. They aren't really doing what you think they're doing. They're stimulating and enticing the uninitiated and uninformed. Those would be known as diehards and deadenders!

Pro
07-07-2013, 05:42 PM

I feel your pain or lack of comments.

honest Abe
07-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Honestly, you have taken this to a whole new low. I am not part of Ferr, quite the contrary and do enjoy the occasional penguin joke. That said, I don't know whether you posted out of jealousy or are just a total lowlife turdball (I'm thinking the latter but probably both). Sorry you have no life and need to stoop to that sort of a level, its a reflection of a bitter individual who is unhappy with his lot in life. Regardless, there used to be a thread about a rope, you should get one and use it. Wake up, it's a game.

Hi ho hi ho its off to work to go
Hey I'm Ferr, I'm a smelly butt pirate. I like small boys with long shafts shoved up my...
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p727/sumtingwongmw/http-igroupmecom-bd8d2240c8140130a2a77a8aeec3ae05_zps3c00911d.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/sumtingwongmw/media/http-igroupmecom-bd8d2240c8140130a2a77a8aeec3ae05_zps3c00911d.jpg.h tml)

Tito89
07-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Hi ho hi ho its off to work to go
Hey I'm Ferr, I'm a smelly butt pirate. I like small boys with long shafts shoved up my...
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p727/sumtingwongmw/http-igroupmecom-bd8d2240c8140130a2a77a8aeec3ae05_zps3c00911d.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/sumtingwongmw/media/http-igroupmecom-bd8d2240c8140130a2a77a8aeec3ae05_zps3c00911d.jpg.h tml)

Seriously? You must have a sick sense if humour. Clearly god wrote you an i.o.u for a sense for respect. F*** off!