PDA

View Full Version : How many on here are genuine? Rich with high stats or just using cheats for high

Claymores
07-07-2013, 02:33 AM
Saw one yesterday with lvl 10 ncs, other buildings 10 and under 300 fights/robberies. Don't it just pee you off?!?!

I liked robbing the level 10s I must admit!

BigMoney
07-07-2013, 09:08 AM
If all their buildings are level 10, even ones that no one cares about (e.g. every single early game building) or buildings that aren't very cost-effective to take to level 10, then it's likely a time-traveler. If they only have a few big earners at level 10 (e.g. NCs, Pagodas, etc), then they're probably legitimate.

Sandukan
07-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Why would you complain about level 10 buildings?
I wish I saw more of them.

Chica
07-07-2013, 09:29 AM
None of the people I try to rob have level 10s except maybe some low junk no one wants to rob, count yourself lucky.

Claymores
07-07-2013, 11:27 AM
If all their buildings are level 10, even ones that no one cares about (e.g. every single early game building) or buildings that aren't very cost-effective to take to level 10, then it's likely a time-traveler. If they only have a few big earners at level 10 (e.g. NCs, Pagodas, etc), then they're probably legitimate.

I still don't get how someone could reach my level with high attack/defence and less that 300 fights/robberies total and level 10 time-limited buildings. - doesn't seem feasible.

Claymores
07-07-2013, 11:32 AM
None of the people I try to rob have level 10s except maybe some low junk no one wants to rob, count yourself lucky.

LOL Chica - I'm trying not to level so looking for Level 3 Laundrettes at the moment to kick-off the boss!

BigMoney
07-07-2013, 11:33 AM
I still don't get how someone could reach my level with high attack/defence and less that 300 fights/robberies total and level 10 time-limited buildings. - doesn't seem feasible.

Why don't you try looking at their inventory? There's nothing stopping anyone from buying an absurd amount of gold items, or participating in every LTQ, or having a huge number of modifiers by being in a top syndicate, etc. You don't get better stats from fights/robberies alone. Or perhaps they have 500 of every RP item, Doomsday Frags, etc. How am I supposed to tell you how an arbitrary player achieved his stats?

Claymores
07-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Why don't you try looking at their inventory? There's nothing stopping anyone from buying an absurd amount of gold items, or participating in every LTQ, or having a huge number of modifiers by being in a top syndicate, etc. You don't get better stats from fights/robberies alone. Or perhaps they have 500 of every RP item, Doomsday Frags, etc. How am I supposed to tell you how an arbitrary player achieved his stats?

I've no idea how much that would cost in real world $s, but perhaps you're correct. I'm trying to stop levelling now to stay beside the level 10s! (it's a member in the 80s)

matter0ni
07-08-2013, 03:58 PM
i wouldnt consider myself high stats (100k attack, 125k def, 1m IPH) but i am a purely legit free player!

mxz
07-08-2013, 07:48 PM
i wouldnt consider myself high stats (100k attack, 125k def, 1m IPH) but i am a purely legit free player!My camper has better stats than that for free.

But don't be fooled - I know two "top two" teams who are 100% OK with glitching. Integrity isn't the norm. It's been said there's dirt to be found on everyone...:D

Edit: ok, maybe not 100% support. But 59/60 (%?) OK with it.

Kidkiller
07-08-2013, 08:25 PM
My camper has better stats than that for free.

But don't be fooled - I know two "top two" teams who are 100% OK with glitching. Integrity isn't the norm. It's been said there's dirt to be found on everyone...:D

I highly think about a name starting by S and finishing with a S too ;)
On the OP subject keep him near you so you can ****** his lvl10 in a mercyless manner :) Sure its extremely suspicious to see someone with over a 100 building lvl10 but usually I keep them in mind and just comeback often when I know his collection time is on! Grabbed 30M$ to someone recently in one single visit. Very funny !

Rollster
07-08-2013, 10:59 PM

with money u an make what u want.

ccmike
07-09-2013, 12:38 AM

Could be a camper, but good campers r active on daily basis so I always check there scratchers and more specific the number of getaway runner. I started before the scratchers were there and have 40 of them. So if this guy has only 10 of them u now he used a lot of gold on tiny buildings or is a time traveler.

Mistress Nikita
07-09-2013, 06:08 PM
What is the best way to catch time-travellers? I mean, no one with half a brain is actually going to buy in-game cash to upgrade a silly defense building instead of buying gold to by buy crates or LE items. Too bad there isn't a way to see how much money someone has collected, or when they started playing.

Mistress Nikita
07-09-2013, 06:28 PM
My camper has better stats than that for free.

mxz, I know you used to be active in reading data and making a lot of helpful threads, before you turned all #smug. I have a question for you. Is the public Gree data a source of information that can be used by anyone, or is the Gree data only accessible by hacking? I am not accusing you of hacking! I just remember, a long time ago, seeing you talking about reading data, and I wanted to know more information about that.

BigMoney
07-09-2013, 06:45 PM
What is the best way to catch time-travellers? I mean, no one with half a brain is actually going to buy in-game cash to upgrade a silly defense building instead of buying gold to by buy crates or LE items. Too bad there isn't a way to see how much money someone has collected, or when they started playing.

The game has been around since 2011, so even if you assume someone has started from Day 1 and has upgraded buildings nonstop, odds are the time traveler still has upgrade times that defy reason (and at 10 gold for an hour of upgrade time, you soon realize they aren't spending ridiculous totals on gold either).

Here is a snippet from the last time I looked into a time traveler. Note that this took like 5 minutes of work to check max...

49 Missile turrets * 638.9 hrs (for level 9) = 31306.1

50 Muay Thai (lvl 10) * 369.35 hrs = 18462.5

50 Gatling Turrets (lvl 10) * 513.75 hrs = 25687.5

These three types of buildings alone sum up to 75,456.1 hours of
build/upgrade time (and they make up a small minority of his hood -- that's
still neglecting all his otehr defense buildings AND all of his money
buildings!). For clarification, 75456.1 hours = 3144 days = 8 years and 7
months.

If someone uses time traveling to upgrade their Movie Theaters to level 7 or something, I doubt anyone would notice (nor would it provide much of a competitive advantage).

Dipstik
07-09-2013, 07:04 PM
mxz, I know you used to be active in reading data and making a lot of helpful threads, before you turned all #smug.

He's always been #smug.

PawnXIIX
07-09-2013, 07:52 PM
He's always been #smug.

How was your #smug vacation? Some people missed you very much!

MattThomas08
07-09-2013, 08:03 PM
If someone uses time traveling to upgrade their Movie Theaters to level 7 or something, I doubt anyone would notice (nor would it provide much of a competitive advantage).

I wish it were always so easy to find time travelers as looking for asinine inventory counts, super inflated defensive stats, or ridiculous quantities of L10 buildings. Oftentimes they're clever enough to not be crazy about it and make it look like they're just really good at the game. Sometimes they can even parlay that into leading a top tier syndicate.

If only there were a ruling entity that had some way to track all the info and analyze it comprehensively.

mxz
07-09-2013, 09:13 PM
is the Gree data only accessible by hacking? I am not accusing you of hacking! I just remember, a long time ago, seeing you talking about reading dataI don't consider reading hacking (Gree isn't quite the DoD, though the occasional incompetence does make you wonder...).

They're pushing data to me; am I supposed to NOT use it?

I'll be #smuggin' till the day I die.
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2012/12/15/17/anigif_enhanced-buzz-1752-1355608858-2.gif

BigMoney
07-09-2013, 09:35 PM
I wish it were always so easy to find time travelers as looking for asinine inventory counts, super inflated defensive stats, or ridiculous quantities of L10 buildings. Oftentimes they're clever enough to not be crazy about it and make it look like they're just really good at the game. Sometimes they can even parlay that into leading a top tier syndicate.

If only there were a ruling entity that had some way to track all the info and analyze it comprehensively.

I know, baby steps though. I don't know why people with 500+ Doomsday Frags etc were able to go for so long without being caught, but I feel like basic logic checks should be in place to stop the most blatant cheaters. Whether that's impossible RP totals (RP item cost divided by sum of fights and robs) or impossible building upgrades (upgrade time in hours minus gold spent on upgrades/10), or even multiple syndicate items from the same event (a la the guy with 400 WMDs) these sorts of super blatant cheaters should be banned instantly. I have no hope that any other cheaters will be caught as long as these blatant cheaters are around. You shouldn't need to send a ticket to see to it that these sorts of players are banned.

PawnXIIX
07-09-2013, 11:57 PM
I know, baby steps though. I don't know why people with 500+ Doomsday Frags etc were able to go for so long without being caught, but I feel like basic logic checks should be in place to stop the most blatant cheaters. Whether that's impossible RP totals (RP item cost divided by sum of fights and robs) or impossible building upgrades (upgrade time in hours minus gold spent on upgrades/10), or even multiple syndicate items from the same event (a la the guy with 400 WMDs) these sorts of super blatant cheaters should be banned instantly. I have no hope that any other cheaters will be caught as long as these blatant cheaters are around. You shouldn't need to send a ticket to see to it that these sorts of players are banned.

I can't believe that they ran the M4A1 through an algorithm to determine that it was too good of a gun to drop at such an early level, but they cannot determine that a player with millions of RP worth of items didn't get them legitimately. They determined that the M4A1 dropping in the scrapyard was several times more potent than the other guns available at that point, hence the nerf. Good times...

mxz
07-10-2013, 04:30 AM
I know, baby steps though. I don't know why people with 500+ Doomsday Frags etc were able to go for so long without being caught, but I feel like basic logic checks should be in place to stop the most blatant cheaters. Whether that's impossible RP totals (RP item cost divided by sum of fights and robs) or impossible building upgrades (upgrade time in hours minus gold spent on upgrades/10), or even multiple syndicate items from the same event (a la the guy with 400 WMDs) these sorts of super blatant cheaters should be banned instantly. I have no hope that any other cheaters will be caught as long as these blatant cheaters are around. You shouldn't need to send a ticket to see to it that these sorts of players are banned.It's not so much the catching that poses a problem, but rather banning a big spender.

Falsely (or legitimately) banning a big spender can lose them a lot of money. From my understanding, they want to avoid that problem.

bald zeemer
07-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Not even real big spenders, necessarily. Moderate spenders (and, from the Chinese Gold issue last year - apparent spenders who actually haven't spent a dime) are let off the hook as a matter of course.

So above and beyond the issue of keeping the game clean, it's a terrible business decision. How many moderate spending cheaters have they caught and let go, and how much have they spent? Compare that to the multiple big-time players who have left in disgust. And/or those who gave up on top-tiering and now just "limp" along finishing events and nothing more.

That said, Gree rarely nail the obviously necessary business decision. It's clearly not in their wheelhouse.

mxz
07-10-2013, 04:55 AM
Tougher for them to quantify the cost of people leaving in digust than getting a couple purchases in every so often. Not that I disagree with you, I just don't think they have the horsepower to run that analysis.

bald zeemer
07-10-2013, 05:32 AM
I just don't think they have the horsepower to run that analysis.

Very true, and the core of their problems.