PDA

View Full Version : I'm Done, my goodbye...

Milspec1
07-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Dear friends and comrades

It was a good run. But I have burned out. After a long hiatus from the game to decompress and get away from the drama and gree garbage I've decided I did not miss the game at all. I've spent massive time and money (more than 35k) by choice on this form of entertainment for me. It no longer is fun nor entertaining. I worked hard to build up an amazing group of people and Milspec.. but being inactive I suggested that many go play elsewhere in the meantime, and I hope they've landed on some awesome teams.

Remember that this is entertainment, the time and money spent is no different from what you'd spend on a vacation or Vegas. That being said there's always a little remorse walking away from something you have invested so much money and heart into. But I'm done.

Hope the game gets better for all of you, and customer service improves. It's a fun game and can def pass the time, but it's also a business and needs to be run like one. Thank you to the people who were good friends, amazing team mates, and supportive and drama free.

Good luck and have fun! May consider the right person to take over Milspec, I'll probably sell my Android device as well.

-Diesel

No Name Specified
07-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Excellent decision. Good bye and good luck in life.

BigD@wg
07-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Congrats on winning the game. It's a shame when it comes to this but all things come to an end. Good luck Diesel!

I am a cow
07-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Awwww diesel you're quitting? Good luck to you

bigman
07-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Good luck to you ,, myb you will now have some time to help me out ..lol

thunder
07-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Take care. How did u spend so much money? We had about the same stats u couldnt attack me and i couldnt attack u. I maybe spent 5k not 35k.

Wai
07-06-2013, 08:02 PM
You must have attracted the awesomeness skill point Thunder. Send a ticket in and see if they can remove it, because it is a better look without it.

Milspec1 (Diesel) You are a magnificent winner of this game. A massive well done to you.

When you leave don't look back. But please don't lock the door behind you for the rest of us.

tch9500
07-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Good luck in life :) best wishes.

Milspec1
07-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Thanks guys really appreciate it. It's a good feeling

Thunder not sure about that but atleast half or more was indestructibles and prob a little less for battles

SUPER UNITED PIRATES
07-06-2013, 10:23 PM

It was a good run. But I have burned out. After a long hiatus from the game to decompress and get away from the drama and gree garbage I've decided I did not miss the game at all. I've spent massive time and money (more than 35k) by choice on this form of entertainment for me. It no longer is fun nor entertaining. I worked hard to build up an amazing group of people and Milspec.. but being inactive I suggested that many go play elsewhere in the meantime, and I hope they've landed on some awesome teams.

Remember that this is entertainment, the time and money spent is no different from what you'd spend on a vacation or Vegas. That being said there's always a little remorse walking away from something you have invested so much money and heart into. But I'm done.

Hope the game gets better for all of you, and customer service improves. It's a fun game and can def pass the time, but it's also a business and needs to be run like one. Thank you to the people who were good friends, amazing team mates, and supportive and drama free.

Good luck and have fun! May consider the right person to take over Milspec, I'll probably sell my Android device as well.

-Diesel

i dun mind take over urs faction。

Zulfiqaar
07-07-2013, 01:36 AM
Never knew who you are m8, but congrats on permanent victory!!
You have now mastered 'world domination'
Goodbye :)

KFH
07-07-2013, 01:36 AM
That's a violation of the TOS.the mod strikes again

I am a cow
07-07-2013, 05:26 AM
It's violation of tos only if he sells the account

I am a cow
07-07-2013, 05:27 AM
I take your faction diesel? We need to bonuses :D

Plantweed
07-07-2013, 05:57 AM
Good luck to you. It blows my mind that folks spend that much real life dough on this game. I enjoy it, but with all the hacking and slacker-level customer service, I couldn't fathom spending more than, say, a buck on the game. To each their own.

King Dante!
07-07-2013, 06:27 AM
$35,000 well spent

lol

Milspec1
07-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Well it was for entertainment. My entertainment budget might be alot different from yours or other peoples. It's all relative right? Also there's quite a few people in this game that have spent way more than that. But yes the hacking, lack of customer service, being ripped off on gold bonuses owed etc plus just a general loss of interest or enjoyment is what put a stop to my spending or playing of the game. Thanks for all of the comments, appreciate all of you.

ProCision
07-07-2013, 06:51 AM
This is funny, $35,000.

You could have bought this

http://www.blastr.com/2010/06/for_35000_you_can_buy_a_s.php

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/styles/blog_post_media/public/images/StreetLegalTronLightCycle.jpg

Milspec1
07-07-2013, 07:04 AM
For those who are curious in the spirit of transparency

My Stats
Almost all gold & indestructible
Level 168
Alliance attack 1,154,176
Alliance Defense 1,485,501
IPH 1,663,322
Fights won 45,898
Fights Lost 5301
Valor in the bank: 845k
http://www.funzio.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3882&d=1373205832

And for those who want to see where the rest of the money goes in games like this
http://www.funzio.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3883&d=1373206072
Another war
http://www.funzio.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3884&d=1373206663

Milspec1
07-07-2013, 07:09 AM
How do you know I don't already have one? ;)

This is funny, $35,000.

You could have bought this

http://www.blastr.com/2010/06/for_35000_you_can_buy_a_s.php

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/styles/blog_post_media/public/images/StreetLegalTronLightCycle.jpg

Pro
07-07-2013, 07:48 AM

Or a better one......

Good luck Diesel, you won't know this name but you know me😃

Milspec1
07-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Cool pro hit me up and say hi, thanks

CAPT.GIN
07-07-2013, 08:52 AM

-Diesel

Good luck to you brother... I wish you the best of luck!

ProCision
07-07-2013, 09:16 AM

you would have took a piece of paper wrote Milspec on it and then went to the garage and took a picture of the bike with the paper on it and then posted it. So in other words you don't have one.

Enjoy the time away.

Hivesy
07-07-2013, 03:45 PM
I hate the congrats on winning the game messages. You seem a nice guy Diesel so congrats only spending 35k and not changing your mind after 70k or 100k. If people think you've won the game by leaving why on earth are they still on here posting? Leave yourselves, be winners and let the rest of us who still enjoy the game have a more positive experience. It's the nay Sayers who are starting to ruin this (with some help from GREE obv).

Good luck Diesel in RL, don't look back.

Everyone else lets have some fun shall we? For me winning the game is getting to the next benchmark in stats. Having fun with my faction teammates. Winning the odd event here and there. Getting 5 or 6 symbols on a scratchcard. Getting wrathful vengeance on a raider. Attacking someone with low stats and getting a 300k present. Rearranging my base to fit in some new LE buildings and making it look cool. Looking at unit stats to work out the best way to spend my valor stash. Coming on here to chat with like minded people. My last point is becoming harder and harder to do.

bostoncard
07-07-2013, 07:03 PM
I hate the congrats on winning the game messages. You seem a nice guy Diesel so congrats only spending 35k and not changing your mind after 70k or 100k. If people think you've won the game by leaving why on earth are they still on here posting? Leave yourselves, be winners and let the rest of us who still enjoy the game have a more positive experience. It's the nay Sayers who are starting to ruin this (with some help from GREE obv).

Good luck Diesel in RL, don't look back.

Everyone else lets have some fun shall we? For me winning the game is getting to the next benchmark in stats. Having fun with my faction teammates. Winning the odd event here and there. Getting 5 or 6 symbols on a scratchcard. Getting wrathful vengeance on a raider. Attacking someone with low stats and getting a 300k present. Rearranging my base to fit in some new LE buildings and making it look cool. Looking at unit stats to work out the best way to spend my valor stash. Coming on here to chat with like minded people. My last point is becoming harder and harder to do.

None of the latter is inconsistent with congratulating someone who left on walking out of the game on their own terms. As best I could tell, Diesel showed no regret, talked about how he enjoyed the game on its own merits, and compared the $35,000 he spent on it favorably to a vacation in Vegas.

The "you won the game" comments are simply a reflection of the fact that there is no finish line to the game. Like you, I enjoy hitting stat benchmarks, having fun with my faction mates, etc (and scraping it all "for free"). But the game will only ever be "won" when I quit. I'm enjoying it for now, and am all the happier having decided to be selective in what I compete in.

Some day, we will all be like Diesel... although I suppose there will be some regime deadenders who will keep tapping at the screen until GREE pulls the plug.

BC

Gambit12
07-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Good choice buddy! Sometimes its hard to stop the addiction but you overcome it & made a good decision in your life. MW has too much recycle units now. They use an old unit & change the name, stats, & add a bonus to it. And use it to Auction event & let people pay thousands & thousands just to obtain & win it.

I'll be behind you someday. Sooner or Later i will be a free player & no more purchasing gold. And that will be my upcoming New Year resolution...

jorgeMW
07-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Congrats Milspec. You beat the game! Have a good one.

Corsair
07-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Later Diesel. Best wishes to you. If you come back, I may try to recruit you for ACE again! :D

vball
07-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Bummer another quality guy leaving.Diesel you have always played with class and integrity. Best of luck to you and go take a trip around the world or something with the money you are saving.

I am a cow
07-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Good choice buddy! Sometimes its hard to stop the addiction but you overcome it & made a good decision in your life. MW has too much recycle units now. They use an old unit & change the name, stats, & add a bonus to it. And use it to Auction event & let people pay thousands & thousands just to obtain & win it.

I'll be behind you someday. Sooner or Later i will be a free player & no more purchasing gold. And that will be my upcoming New Year resolution...

why don't you stop the gold now?

Thump3r
07-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Can I have ur acct? Lol

Thenoob
07-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Take it easy Budy I haven't spent anything close to you but I have spent damb near 2
Years playing and spending the odd dollar modern war has become boring you need to change it I would also be glad to give me account away if possible my stats are tree fifty.

Badass action man
07-08-2013, 05:47 PM
I love how customer service don't say good luck after u gave em 35k. Once again a great product but a soulless team at the top. They r probably on boats gettin bjs instead of fixing their mistakes or workin with their customers who have paid for all them bjs

War lord
07-08-2013, 06:11 PM
wow good luck dude

I am a cow
07-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Take it easy Budy I haven't spent anything close to you but I have spent damb near 2
Years playing and spending the odd dollar modern war has become boring you need to change it I would also be glad to give me account away if possible my stats are tree fifty.

No I haven't got Tree fifty

TIMB0
07-08-2013, 11:02 PM
This game is like life in this: you can never win it. It's not about the destination, but about the journey. Unlike life, when you are done with it there's always another game. Well, maybe the buddhists might disagree with me...:)

Armand2REP
07-08-2013, 11:31 PM
$35,000 well spent

lol

hahaha.... that is what I spent on my masters degree. it has about the same value.

Mcdoc
07-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Good Luck Milspec.

Next time You go to Vegas - I want in on that trip!

I hope you get at least $500 for your Android - LoL

shaggy4344
07-09-2013, 01:01 AM
need to post

tvvicee
07-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Hi & Goodbye Diesel. This is actually my first thread from a newbie, so you d'ont know me but that is of no importance, just commenting on the goodbye from obviously one of the pro guys. I dont think its wrong spending money on that, its all relative. Some people have more than others. And 35k not neccessarily is big money for everyone. Anyway, on the other hand I would look up and invest, time, money, heart and soul in another game which actually isnt based on exploiting the clients, progress only buy spending real money, GREEdy devs with no service in return, though a hacked and mashed up interface and questionable experience. Beside the very limited way of in game features.

Why do I play this myself? I rather like meeting new people to whom one have something in common then loggin in every hour to avoid missing the chance of one freaking kangaroo dollar which success rate got rediculous after like 15+ coins. Anyway. Its a nice way of passing some time waiting for the bus, boring moments in the office and sometimes even a few hours redesigning, battle and again communicate, to faction with whatsapp chats. So I´ve came in touch with another few dude out of Colombia, where a matter of fact Iam travelling in about 2 month again, which actually results in RLQI = Real Live Quality Improvement ;D

Just for the thrill of Benchmarking, Stats, and seeing ones own name in higher Ranks there are lots of lots other games out there, where you reach high when you are actually good -not wealthier then other, or just willing to invest more into that type of entertainment- Again, Iam not critizising anyone feeding the system, Iam just pointing out that it would just not be right for me. I remember like 13 years ago when I still connected through dial-up to the internet and got charged by the minute. No WiFi and less any fancy devices ;) I was pretty addicted to Red Alert / RA2 and actually enjoyed seeing my name withing the Top25 ranks - even back then there was a in-game lobby to communicate more directly than its possible with MW today. My point basically is, that just with your precious time and actuall talent you might find a game meant for you offering you a fair chance of reaching out to the top.

I still respect everyones own idea of invest their time, cash and whatnot but with the actual economy in europe and development Iam actually exchanging some of my theoretical values, aka. printed paper, aka. "Cash" for some REAL GOLD :p

Ok, that got quite a bit more then I thought but now its kind of a twisted introduction thread as well.

Player: tvvicee ** ID: 173-073-665 ** Faction:(K3K) Kommando Knick Knack -487 868 265-

Cheers to y´all & happy Gaming! :o

Milspec1
07-09-2013, 05:24 AM
NOW that is funny!!! LMAO

Such a great group of people too, it's a shame :/ But they've kind of done it to themselves it's either full bore and spend or nothing. It's a pay for play game now period. So many great people have left. Bums me out, because when you start spending like that you expect to be in it for the long haul ya know.

hahaha.... that is what I spent on my masters degree. it has about the same value.

Milspec1
07-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Good luck and most importantly have fun everyone! - See ya

Gambit12
07-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Good luck and most importantly have fun everyone! - See ya

I only spent at least 2k here in MW & 2k in KA...

DaBoss!
07-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Its sad to see you go Diesel, so in your honor I bump this thread to the top.

Also in your honor I will copy and paste these random and irrelevant Chuck Norris Jokes. Enjoy:

There used to be a street named after Chuck Norris, but it was changed because nobody crosses Chuck Norris and lives.
Chuck Norris died 20 years ago, Death just hasn't built up the courage to tell him yet.
Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afriad to move.
Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.
Chuck Norris once urinated in a semi truck's gas tank as a joke....that truck is now known as Optimus Prime.
Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.
Death once had a near-Chuck Norris experience
Ghosts sit around the campfire and tell Chuck Norris stories.

Okay Im tired of copying and pasting these facts, so this is all for now,

Baraka
07-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Good luck diesel. Great choice.

Vegaman
07-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Having just read the thread, you are still coming back Diesel, to comment and read whats said. Thats because MW uses quite sophisticated physiological conditioning to keep you hooked. The only way to break free is to delete the app. Delete the forum links and do cold turkey for 28 days. Only then will your mind not make you think you are missing out on something MW related.

Good luck with breaking free cos you haven't yet lol.

jchow69
07-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Diesel, you can enjoy the game as it is like me and be a free player. If you don't spend money, you might find yourself enjoying the game more.

killahoss
07-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Best of luck bro....and you got it right man, It's your $$ and you can spend it on whatever entertainment you wish to do so......BEAST! and you took other guys who were unfamiliar with game..and made it clear to them, you gotta slip into Beast Mode to hang with the top 25 crews.....In the end, it's whatever makes you happy man...but, if you change your mind about doin work in some battles.?., The Buckwheats would be happy to bring in a player of your status son...Either way, it's been real...:cool:

mhicks1978
07-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Later Diesel. Best wishes to you. If you come back, I may try to recruit you for ACE again! :D
DONT YOU MEAN PUN3? Hahahaha.... The secret is out!