PDA

View Full Version : Inaccurate Stats are Way too Far Off

BigRob
07-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone...
This change will also mean more transparency when finding targets to attack and rob. However, please keep in mind that skill points are and have always been a factor, so looking at someone's stats to see if you can beat them or not isn't always as cut and dry as it seems. Skill points are NOT displayed in your overall stats, nor your opponents. They are also not displayed after battle resolution. Also, if the other player has a modifier item that changes mafia size (either yours or theirs), this is NOT displayed in their profile stats, but will be shown after an attempted attack or rob is made...
We think the amount of affected players will be relatively smal

I appreciate the sentiment, but since the last "fix," things have gotten out of hand. You guys at GREE claim that the only modification to stats being displayed inaccurately is due to skill points and item modifiers, but how do you explain being attacked and beaten by players with anywhere between 30k to 100k lsss atk than our defense? I'm not talking about robberies, we all know about the GREE math involved in robberies, but how do you explain someone with no defense building being beaten by some one with nearly 100k less atk than our defense? There is no conceivable way for this to be from un displayed skill points and item modifiers. Something is happening here and I would like to know what I'm missing.

Edit: I have my answer. It appears approximately 1.25% is a safe distance between stats to estimate a good win ratio. This is for attacks mind you, not robs. Robs are significantly less if they have defense buildings.

sister morphine
07-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Must be various syndicate bonuses not being displayed. There's no other logical answer. Needs fixing I agree

cookies
07-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Displayed stats are way off on iOS at least. Attack someone and they can have up to 100k higher stats than their profile suggests. And i'm only level 80ish.

Gingeasian
07-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I constantly beat people with 10-30% better stats than me and have not invested a single skill point in attack or defense so that is not the only factor

K-Dawg
07-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Syndicate bonuses give out a max out 25% increase to attack and defense now add that to any and ALL weapons with modifiers they receive from war prizes (which is pretty much every prize) and you end up with the "up to 100k higher stats than their profile suggests." It's just showing their bare completely unmodified true stats.

BigRob
07-06-2013, 10:33 AM
I should clarify, at lvl 84, the most I should see is a 30-50k difference with syndicate bonuses not displayed, yet I've been attacked and beaten by players with nearly 100k less atk than my def. This is the sort of inconsistency I'm referring to, considering I've also won a few fights from the same same players.

K-Dawg
07-06-2013, 11:07 AM
His raw stats are 100k less? If so then it's very possible for his boosted stats to be able to beat you. I'll use one of my characters as a reference: lvl 108 with about 160k raw unboosted stats but her real stats are +350k. It all depends on the modifiers each player has bro. I hope i answered your question.

BigRob
07-06-2013, 11:17 AM
His raw stats are 100k less? If so then it's very possible for his boosted stats to be able to beat you. I'll use one of my characters as a reference: lvl 108 with about 160k raw unboosted stats but her real stats are +350k. It all depends on the modifiers each player has bro. I hope i answered your question.

Thank you. It's unfortunate, but I believe you have answered my question.. :(

cookies
07-06-2013, 11:21 AM
That still leaves us with profile stats being entirely worthless when trying to determine an enemies strength.

sister morphine
07-06-2013, 11:27 AM
That still leaves us with profile stats being entirely worthless when trying to determine an enemies strength.
If your rival is in a top ten or even top 25 syndicate it's quite reasonable to factor in 150 to 200K increase

BigRob
07-06-2013, 11:28 AM

Which we already knew, but from what I have gathered, the safe bet seems to a difference of about 1.25% when looking at a rivals profile. This could be way off for some, but seems to be no more than this, assuring me this is a safe bet when checking stats.

Assault and Flattery
07-06-2013, 11:32 AM
The problem right now is that you're seeing rival's unboosted stats. If you look at your own profile, yours should be accurate. The correct stats show after a battle encounter, which is why it seems like they are raised. We're working to get it fixed.

K-Dawg
07-06-2013, 11:35 AM
The problem right now is that you're seeing rival's unboosted stats. If you look at your own profile, yours should be accurate. The correct stats show after a battle encounter, which is why it seems like they are raised. We're working to get it fixed.

Thanks for the swift reply A&F! It's very much appreciated! :D

BigRob
07-06-2013, 11:38 AM

Thanks, but my issue is that when my syndicate members show me what they see my stats as, they are far, far lower than what I see. When I attack, I see what my profile shows, but my syndicate members view my stats at least 60k points lower than what I see, so I'm wondering it its a display issue or if my stat truly are that much lower which is why I'm losing to weaker opponents.

Sorry, this may be a bit off my posted topic, but since you brought that up, I felt the need to reply with more detail.

K-Dawg
07-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks, but my issue is that when my syndicate members show me what they see my stats as, they are far, far lower than what I see. When I attack, I see what my profile shows, but my syndicate members view my stats at least 60k points lower than what I see, so I'm wondering it its a display issue or if my stat truly are that much lower which is why I'm losing to weaker opponents.

Sorry, this may be a bit off my posted topic, but since you brought that up, I felt the need to reply with more detail.

It's a display issue, when people (including enemies) view your profile it SHOULD show your actual stats which we will say is 200k but there is currently a glitch that shows everyone your unboosted stats instead which is 130k. This glitch only occurs when someone *other than yourself* is viewing your profile BUT when a rival attack you it shows your 200k stats. You're not actually weaker, your profile just makes it seem that way. Hope i cleared things up.

BigRob
07-06-2013, 11:51 AM
It's a display issue, when people (including enemies) view your profile it SHOULD show your actual stats which we will say is 200k but there is currently a glitch that shows everyone your unboosted stats instead which is 130k. This glitch only occurs when someone *other than yourself* is viewing your profile BUT when a rival attack you it shows your 200k stats. You're not actually weaker, your profile just makes it seem that way. Hope i cleared things up.

Thank you :) that does help clear things up. Sorry if I made things more difficult or confusing than they should have been, just couldn't understand what was happening. Thanks again K-Dawg, you've been very helpful =D

K-Dawg
07-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Thank you :) that does help clear things up. Sorry if I made things more difficult or confusing than they should have been, just couldn't understand what was happening. Thanks again K-Dawg, you've been very helpful =D

Hahaha I'm helpful after all, take THAT dad!!!