PDA

View Full Version : WD 2.0 - Gree Here's Your "Golden" Egg!

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Attention Gree and MW players. It doesn't take a genius or an Evil Mastermind (or maybe it does) to figure out that while WD might have been fun in the beginning; it is losing its luster for many. And there are still masses in the game that dont participate because they aren't strong enough to compete (losing out on potential customers, Gree). Yes, Gree it will require a little work on the part of your programmers but in the end will benefit you and players alike.

Tap, Tap, Tap gets real old real quick. Or tap,tap, tap...wait for more energy is even worse. While I'm sure the heavy spenders will still find there way to the top of the leaderboards, why not provide a few more elements to the event that might shake it up a bit and make it more exciting.

This should provide something to get more players involved and at same time maybe give some others a shot at a tier prize above what they could ever achieve currently. The main flaw in your existing design is no elements of chance or randomness. People/Players enjoy surprises. Good or bad it yields emotion and excitement. Your current model simply allows players to know almost exactly how much one can spend to achieve a certain number of points. Find a target and unload on them repeatedly...BORING!

1. The winning team of a battle receives 5% bonus WD points (additional 5% of their points accumulated during that battle. No brainer!

2. The current algorithm for calculating WD points is completely wrong. Make it so the points are randomly generated on each and every hit regardless of player strength or level. And I don't mean your current random generator. Bigger ups and downs! Will keep singled out targets to a minimum.

Those are pretty basic, now lets get to the new stuff that will shake it up a bit.

1. In addition to power attack and attack have a "sneak attack" button. Requires full health but when used on a target would yield a random multiplier 0.5x, 1x, 2x ...20x to be applied times the number of WD calculated on that opponent. Players will hit this button at a chance of scoring more points even if it means potentially losing to a reduction calculation on occasion.

2. This is war people. How the heck do you have war without injury or casualty?!?! Fighters can now be injured or a casualty of war. Here's how it works. At the beginning of a war (declared), a random number of players on a faction will be marked internally by the system as injured or a casualty but that status is hidden from opposing factions. Those selected will show in their faction only as injured or a casualty. Injured players can still battle but will always yield lower points when attacked. These same players will not get high points while attacking either. If the player is randomly selected as a casualty, then the player cant battle. However if the opposing team attacks the "dead" player, then they LOSE double the amount of randomly generated WD points!

Now the fun part of being injured! Battling while injured will no longer yield valor as it does in normal attacks. Injured players will receive Purple Heart metals for bravery due to continued battle while injured. You ask how will these Purple Hearts become useful? Gree will introduce a line of high stat units to be purchased with Purple Hearts metals just like valor units. However, these will be High stat/high casualty destructible units that can really boost a players stats for a short period of time (like the super explosives in PVP events in CC). Might even give the little guy a chance to take down a powerhouse target once in awhile.

The introduction of injury and casualties might just shake up the leaderboard a bit dont you think?!? If you (Gree) are wondering how this benefits you then just think about the potential for additional medpacks.

3. Wars are no longer 1 hour! Wars only last for 30 minutes! So you better have your troops ready and on standby when it's time for war (if they aren't dead). No more waiting in between battles for health regeneration. Every time war is declared, players get full health bar. You (GREE) will need to alter the regen rate to accomodate a 30 minute war but that should be an easy code change.

Make it fun Gree! Make it random! Make it exciting! I guarantee you will see more player participation and increased revenue! And maybe just maybe...even a different Winner!

Provided by - Evil Mastermind

I don't know
07-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Both of the ones are dead on right and i agree with you. The first 2 should stay the same the second 2 in my opinion is smart but I don't think much success would come of it. The 3 in there is a bad idea, some players come in for the last 2 mins of an hour war. A lot of players would be missing out on wars and war points would be lower.

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Both of the ones are dead on right and i agree with you. The first 2 should stay the same the second 2 in my opinion is smart but I don't think much success would come of it. The 3 in there is a bad idea, some players come in for the last 2 mins of an hour war. A lot of players would be missing out on wars and war points would be lower.

My number 3 actually helps a free player. Is that not a good thing? Come in for the last two minutes of a 30 minute war (with a full health bar always).

I am a cow
07-05-2013, 10:01 PM
3 is screwed up lets say 300 points per hit x 20= 6000 points think a out hackers and chance hackers big bonus on this one

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 10:04 PM
3 is screwed up lets say 300 points per hit x 20= 6000 points think a out hackers and chance hackers big bonus on this one

But cow...there shouldn't be any h******. That is a whole separate issue that needs to be addressed. Eh?

IlliniFan1
07-05-2013, 10:23 PM
I like it. Great ideas.

rwzsteve
07-05-2013, 10:47 PM
LOVE IT!!!! PURPLE HEART IS GENIUS!!!YOU COULD SELL THOSE FOR 50 GOLD A PIECE!! Make it so that you have to collect over 1000 prior to getting your first unit which will be in the range of 150 attack and 175 defence. Then make that unit "possibly indestructible". Don't tell anyone. Let them find out when it has just diappeared from their stock. They should also make the swing a little bit higher. Like when I hit someone at 120k D and I have 190K attack and I lose I am not suprised anymore. Let the guys with with 50k D win sometimes also. Then they will buy gold thinking "what if". Still have to stick with my original money maker with one modification seen below.

Love your ideas considering they are only the 4th highest grossing game in the world. That's just one game. You could also add on a "gold tax" onto the customer service department. Make it cost 50 gold to answer your complaint about games issues answered in 5 days, 100 gold for 4 days, 200 gold 3 days, 400 gold 2 days, 1000 gold 1 day and 5000 gold for same day service. Talk about a money maker. Plus all the customer service people would make a killing and get a great big raise at the end of the year. Especially since they do not even come close to answering your original question/complaint/issue with the first response after waiting 2 weeks, hence double the MONEY!!! I can see BILLIONS on the horizon. Your welcome GREE!!!!!

Reaper*7
07-05-2013, 11:44 PM
There's one unit I would really like to get its not that strong and I know is a WD event prize but I would like to get a snowblind shocktrooper

JohnnyR
07-05-2013, 11:55 PM
There's one unit I would really like to get its not that strong and I know is a WD event prize but I would like to get a snowblind shocktrooper

GREE should make these available at random intervals for random prices. Perhaps it'll cost 5 gold, perhaps 500 gold. Profits!

Pro
07-06-2013, 05:03 AM
Evil, I have read your threads these past two days and wondered why?? But after looking at your post history for the past two months I now see you are a true EVIL MASTERMIND. LOL
Good luck!

SUPER UNITED PIRATES
07-06-2013, 05:09 AM
best introduce bomb or c4, nuclear which kill indestructable units!!

SUPER UNITED PIRATES
07-06-2013, 05:10 AM
with indestructable unit destroy players need to spend to buy them back。。。whahah

SUPER UNITED PIRATES
07-06-2013, 05:15 AM
a bomb maybe cost a vault。it can destroy enemy top 5 units randomly。

Evil Mastermind
07-06-2013, 06:38 AM
Evil, I have read your threads these past two days and wondered why?? But after looking at your post history for the past two months I now see you are a true EVIL MASTERMIND. LOL
Good luck!

Usually there is meaning behind the written or spoken word. Sometimes you have to look beyond what is so clearly stated and understand the true meaning of it all. Read between the lines my friend.

Evil Mastermind
07-06-2013, 06:42 AM
best introduce bomb or c4, nuclear which kill indestructable units!!

I'm guessing someone doesn't quite understand the definition of indestructible. Want to borrow a dictionary?

Thump3r
07-06-2013, 07:03 AM
all WD pts should be scored the same to make it fair for everyone. ive said this since day 1.

Corsair
07-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Nice idea, but if you read around, you will realize that the more randomness there is to something in the game, the more complaints there are about it. Sometimes this is justified (the losses to much lower stat players), sometimes it is not (random odds on opening boxes/box items/etc.).

They recently added guild-wide LTQs and non-LT goals in KA, and I would guess they will be coming here soon. That will add some fresh energy to what has become rather methodical at this point. KA is the more fun game to play right now.

SUPER UNITED PIRATES
07-06-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm guessing someone doesn't quite understand the definition of indestructible. Want to borrow a dictionary?

in real time war,they are always casuality hence,indestructable unit should not exist。by doing that,it gave the weaker players to demolish all strong players and bring balance to the game。those non gold user will discover they can win against strong players and will start buying more gold。

Evil Mastermind
07-06-2013, 11:50 AM
in real time war,they are always casuality hence,indestructable unit should not exist。by doing that,it gave the weaker players to demolish all strong players and bring balance to the game。those non gold user will discover they can win against strong players and will start buying more gold。

I see your point but this isn't "real". It's all make believe.

Evil Mastermind
07-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Nice idea, but if you read around, you will realize that the more randomness there is to something in the game, the more complaints there are about it. Sometimes this is justified (the losses to much lower stat players), sometimes it is not (random odds on opening boxes/box items/etc.).

They recently added guild-wide LTQs and non-LT goals in KA, and I would guess they will be coming here soon. That will add some fresh energy to what has become rather methodical at this point. KA is the more fun game to play right now.

Thanks. Obviously, randomness due to poor programming (losing to weaker players) is not the random factor that promotes fun and excitement. The "chance" factor such as the collect 10 type event is the type that I think most enjoy.

2nd Sea Raiders
07-06-2013, 01:50 PM
all WD pts should be scored the same to make it fair for everyone. ive said this since day 1.
I agree completely