PDA

View Full Version : Most Effective Way to Trigger Boss?

K-Dawg
07-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Just as the title states, what's the best way to trigger boss battles. I'm sure everyone has their own little tricks so I'm curious to see people's responses.

BigMoney
07-05-2013, 12:22 PM
In order to complete this goal you need to find more bosses to defeat. Complete missions to find bosses.

I do either a low XP rob or a low XP job. Wait a few minutes after defeating the boss before trying again, or restarting my game if I can't wait two minutes for some reason.

MoarKrabs
07-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Robbing and attacking rivals usually triggers them quickly.

Roscoe782
07-05-2013, 12:30 PM
The initial trigger can take some hitting, but usually after I just go to canal and hit some targets, usually only 1-3xp to trigger

tfletcher20
07-05-2013, 12:49 PM
On my camper I log in and out and rob low xp

Zedsta
07-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Beat boss. Close game. Reset ram... start game. Fight rival. Boss start straight away

Poon
07-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I rob laundrymats. After 2-5 attempts, boss event triggers.

c00guy
07-05-2013, 01:03 PM
On my camper, I attack people with higher stats - no XP gained. Though it takes like 15 mins to find someone like that lol! But once found, I keep hitting him to trigger boss :D

bfspider
07-05-2013, 01:23 PM
I just find and rob a laundromat, and arcade, or a t-shirt stand. The first rob always triggers the boss. I get 1xp and 6-8 respect coins. The boss event triggers. When the boss is dead, I just wait 2 minuets to trigger him again.

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Hit a target on 1st map. Immediately go to bank and either deposit or withdraw money. The transaction has to connect to the server. This will trigger the boss. Wash, rinse, repeat.

No Name Specified
07-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Higher energy jobs will trigger faster.
Another option is to attack a rival. When you attack him/her and beat the boss don't attack the same rival. Go to a different hood and attack that person to trigger the boss. This always worked for me.

c00guy
07-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Higher energy jobs will trigger faster.
Another option is to attack a rival. When you attack him/her and beat the boss don't attack the same rival. Go to a different hood and attack that person to trigger the boss. This always worked for me.
These are just superstitions IMO

No Name Specified
07-05-2013, 02:09 PM
These are just superstitions IMO

Worked for me.

TRAZ
07-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Wander aimlessly around Crime City then ask the magic eight ball or fortune cookie bot. Whatever you do, don't ask the riddle bot.

tehlolkid
07-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Buy some henchman.

MattThomas08
07-06-2013, 03:54 AM
I've considered starting this thread many times. I've toyed with the most efficient way to trigger bosses with the lowest XP gain several times. Here's what I've come up with.

Load game, go to Canal Street, beat one of the low life's there. Refresh rivals list, rob somebody's laundromat, then refresh rivals list again. Once you beat the boss, this is where it always gets tricky. I've found that its harder to trigger the next boss without closing and loading the game again. Sometimes it seems like there's also a time delay. Anyway, I close and reopen then start the same process again. Oftentimes it just takes beating up one of he canal street people and a refresh to get the boss to trigger.

Kotten
07-06-2013, 04:11 AM
There is a delay after each round of a few minutes.

When I defeated the boss, I wait a few minutes, then I randomly attack a new target and boss fight always spawns.

When I'm done with the boss, it shows if I win or lose the fight.

Kill0r
07-06-2013, 04:16 AM
It's exactly 2 minutes after the previous boss died. Hitting the attack button takes some time, so it's slightly more. The best indicator is the 2.x minute counter of the stamina bar.
I go into a rival's hood with lots of low xp buildings (arcades, barber shops, laundromats, etc) with full stamina and trigger the boss every time my stamina recovered again. This way you don't need any external timers whatsoever, no restarts, no changing maps or searching for enemies - everything is a lot less annoying.

CrimeFan
07-06-2013, 04:27 AM
I just keep attacking rivals until he pops back up.

The Fonz
07-06-2013, 07:17 AM
I've considered starting this thread many times. I've toyed with the most efficient way to trigger bosses with the lowest XP gain several times. Here's what I've come up with.

Load game, go to Canal Street, beat one of the low life's there. Refresh rivals list, rob somebody's laundromat, then refresh rivals list again. Once you beat the boss, this is where it always gets tricky. I've found that its harder to trigger the next boss without closing and loading the game again. Sometimes it seems like there's also a time delay. Anyway, I close and reopen then start the same process again. Oftentimes it just takes beating up one of he canal street people and a refresh to get the boss to trigger.
This has been my experience as well. For me, after taking out the prior boss, I close the app, then come back in 5 minutes later. I head to the East Side to mug Sammy Kim (1 XP gain)* and it triggers a boss appearance every time.

Robbing low-XP buildings (e.g. laundromats and T-shirt stands) tend to be hit-or-miss for me, plus, I want to limit my attempts for now (to delay completing another goal).

* recommended to me by another forum member

ImTheBaroness
07-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Hit someone. Trigger boss. Return to hood. Hit someone, trigger boss.

I finished 20 bosses in less than 30 minutes.

It's like the directions for shampoo, rinse & repeat.

Antheus
07-06-2013, 08:37 AM
....and also keep in mind that Boss also triggers in the background without the splash screen! I make a habit of checking my goals....if the Boss event is there .... no need to go robbing, attacking (you already triggered it from previous raids)....just click...et Voila...you meet the Boss!

the_brein
07-06-2013, 08:40 AM
A swift kick to the jewels is usually enough to piss off a boss. That'll get him to rear his ugly mug.

JonHanFord
07-06-2013, 08:52 AM
here is mine..
im really dont want to gain exp even 1xp. thats why. i attacking rivals that i know i will lost if i attack him..

in my situation, i go to my news instead of rival list, because someone rob me and when i check his profile. he got more stats than me
then after beat a boss. i close my cc. banking then attack him again

fight lose is just a number . i dont care if my lose is more than my fight won ..