PDA

View Full Version : GREE: You should read this and implement!

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 09:21 AM
I am going to give you some "golden" ideas that will increase your revenue. You've already got it good but you have some room to grow. So here it goes:

1. Just increase cost of medpack to 50 gold or make it so that a refill only gives 2 additional hits per refill. No worries Gree, you have people hooked. They can't give up their precious spots on the leaderboard. They view their (yours in reality) accounts as investments. They fear to lose on their investment by not continuing to do as they have in the past. So raise the cost and watch the money pour into your bank account.

2. Make a new option in the attack screen during WD. In addition, to attack and power attack, have a third option called lets say "Sneak Attack". This option requires a full health bar too but comes with a game of chance. You can have positive and negative rolls of the dice each time this option is selected. A player may increase their WD points on a single target by say 2x,3x,4X,5x, etc. But as with any game of chance you might could lose. Lets say throw in one 0.5 or 0.25 modifier and you get your points cut in half or by a fourth. People love a game of chance. This in addition to 50 gold costs for medpack. Watch the profits soar.

3. Make some LE buildings that not only require gold to buy but gold to upgrade for some high stat units. Quit giving away all these nice buildings for free. People will still buy them. They have to...too much invested for someone just starting out to be able to catch up on stats.

4. Add a small modifier to the end prize in normal and prestige mode LTQ prizes. Players love boost units. You have players right now not doing LTQs because of the fear of too much XP gain versus "poor" reward. Add some modifiers and watch the gold fly! And while your at it, stop letting the players outsmart you with this pre-staging nonsense. Reset the missions back to zero for all targets when you do the data push for a LTQ. Why let people get this stuff for free. Once again, the boost unit is the key to it though. Without the boost it won't work. More money, more money!

5. Boss events - same as #4. People dont spend gold on bosses because some can do it for free and others see other events with less financial demand to get same stat increase. You put a boost unit at the end of 50 bosses and i guarantee the dollars will flow! Yes some campers will get them for free but thats the beauty of it. Your top players above L150 will know this and will have to spend to get same boosts! Pure Genius!

Gree - I hope that my ideas have enlightened you and that I have shown you the way to increased profits. I love your little game and want it to be around a long time. I know it takes money to support it so i have given you this gift to ensure its survival!

If you need additional ideas, you know where to find me!

Service Announcement - compliments of the Evil Mastermind

Pro
07-05-2013, 09:33 AM
How about lower the cost of a medpack to 10 gold or give 8 hits per refill at 25 gold. And how about adding 10 percent of the total points earned by a faction in a battle to their totals if they win the battle. if you decide to do a gold only building and upgrade only allow the building to produce as much gold up to a certain amount as that player has on hand in his account. If he is raided and losses take the gold from his account that will make him spend more gold to make his army stronger.Why reset the missions? Some people do pre stage and some are trying to complete the missions to level 5, if you reset your affecting your customer base and pushing them away.
I don't love the game but I do like it a lot as I have a real life.
Not insulting the OP but their are other view points and the top players as rich or powerful as they are need the light gold and free players to sustain the game.

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Players will undoubtedly disagree with my post for fear of some of these changes actually happening. Trust me Gree...you have nothing to worry about except a little more complaining but it won't stop the spending!

In the words of Cuba Gooding Jr in Jerry Maguire...

Gree.... I am showing you the MONEY!

Sumiala
07-05-2013, 09:36 AM
I like it!

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 09:40 AM
How about lower the cost of a medpack to 10 gold or give 8 hits per refill at 25 gold. And how about adding 10 percent of the total points earned by a faction in a battle to their totals if they win the battle. if you decide to do a gold only building and upgrade only allow the building to produce as much gold up to a certain amount as that player has on hand in his account. If he is raided and losses take the gold from his account that will make him spend more gold to make his army stronger.Why reset the missions? Some people do pre stage and some are trying to complete the missions to level 5, if you reset your affecting your customer base and pushing them away.
I don't love the game but I do like it a lot as I have a real life.
Not insulting the OP but their are other view points and the top players as rich or powerful as they are need the light gold and free players to sustain the game.

I understand but the players in all the Top25 teams and above in world domination are the ones funding this game. Light gold players are not bringing in the mooolah to sustain it! None of those players mentioned above will quit with my changes implemented. They will gripe and complain....yet Gree profits will soar to new heights! They have too much "invested" to walk away.

Pro
07-05-2013, 09:47 AM
I have much invested more than you would believe. Don't let post counts or alias's fool you. I agree the top will continue to spend so make it a change that is a standard for top 25 teams. Your ideas may in fact create a change in the top and a new initiative to push harder. However if you were to count the spenders in the top 25 and those from the top 50 down I would imagine the total spent are not that far apart. There are players in the 50 and down range who spend an equal amount to some players in the top 25. For whatever reason they chose to stay where they are with aspirations to go further or out of loyalty to the team. There are thousands of players in this game basing it on the actions of the ever changing top 25 is unrealistic.

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 09:50 AM
I have much invested more than you would believe. Don't let post counts or alias's fool you. I agree the top will continue to spend so make it a change that is a standard for top 25 teams. Your ideas may in fact create a change in the top and a new initiative to push harder. However if you were to count the spenders in the top 25 and those from the top 50 down I would imagine the total spent are not that far apart. There are players in the 50 and down range who spend an equal amount to some players in the top 25. For whatever reason they chose to stay where they are with aspirations to go further or out of loyalty to the team. There are thousands of players in this game basing it on the actions of the ever changing top 25 is unrealistic.

While my arbitrary selection of top25 may be a little grossly inaccurate, I think you see my point. All I am trying to do is help the developer of this fantastic game.

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Gree

I hope that this would be easy enough to grasp but in case it isn't... My little ideas will work for CC, KA, and MQ too.

You're welcome!

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
I have one more behemoth of an idea but I will allow the ones in my first post a little while to be digested before I give you the true GOLDEN egg!

Check back often as I will continue to enlighten and amaze!

I don't know
07-05-2013, 10:09 AM
I completely disagree with #1, gree might get some money but in my opinion they would lose a lot of light gold users. I'm confused on #2, it should stay the same. With #3 if gree were to do that, they should also do one for money, so theirs both money and gold. #4 is completely outrageous! I prestage for all the LTQs, if gree were to take this away there would be a riot on the forums and more people would quit. #5 really doesn't effect much other than a boost unit after boss #50. I hate the idea of all these. Were thinking of the players at all while you were writing this?

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 10:14 AM
I completely disagree with #1, gree might get some money but in my opinion they would lose a lot of light gold users. I'm confused on #2, it should stay the same. With #3 if gree were to do that, they should also do one for money, so theirs both money and gold. #4 is completely outrageous! I prestage for all the LTQs, if gree were to take this away there would be a riot on the forums and more people would quit. #5 really doesn't effect much other than a boost unit after boss #50. I hate the idea of all these. Were thinking of the players at all while you were writing this?

Thank you for creating a new account to respond to my post. Obviously, you don't understand that light gold players aren't driving this game. Light gold players don't score millions of WD points. Apparently #2 is just too cutting edge for some to grasp. Why should you be able to pre-stage? That's no different than glitching or h*acking. It's obtaining an advantage over Gree without paying for it. A player thinking pre-staging is ok is a player's rationalization for playing outside of Gree's intended play for the event. Obviously my interest was for Gree's sustainability ...not the light gold or free player.

NEXT!

Bigdoguk
07-05-2013, 10:19 AM
@ I don't know...... May be a bit of sarcasm going on mate !

Another option is instead of gree giving you a daily bonus, they could make us pay 10 gold for the right to play their game for 24 hours.....

( not a new player but new to this forum )

Pro
07-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Wasn't me mate,hard enough to maintain one persona. Again not trying to offend just offering another opinion. I sure there will be others to agree and disagree.

Arj
07-05-2013, 10:20 AM
This doesn't make sense to me, Some of your changes increase the value of gold like 3 4 5 and 1 depreciates the value of gold. 2 is adding a gambling factor which is already there(boxes/crate events) but is a more direct method.
I don't see why you believe this would increase spending? It may lower total WD points factions gather...but if everyone spends like they do now rankings will not change, so that doesn't really increase revenue.

Increasing revenue should be based on increasing users(all types of users free/light spending/heavy spending) and should be based on making the game a better experience....I don't see how any of your changes do this.

I may be misunderstanding your changes but I don't get how these changes would change overall spending. Do people spend on the basis of what there getting, or what there getting in relevance to whats available? If the first is true then would believe people have been spending more now then since the start of WD events due the their stats inflating substantially? I would say the overall spending has probably decreased in recent WD events but that's just a assumption and could be wrong. I say this because of the WD and other events becoming stale(lowering gaming experience and possibly decreasing the user base) and also due to the massive increase in hacking in the last 8 months or so.

calvin98
07-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Crazy! Get outta this game! Unless you work for gree why are you doing this?

Bigdoguk
07-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Don't take this seriously guys...... I can't believe that you have taken the bait ! lol

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 10:27 AM
This doesn't make sense to me, Some of your changes increase the value of gold like 3 4 5 and 1 depreciates the value of gold. 2 is adding a gambling factor which is already there(boxes/crate events) but is a more direct method.
I don't see why you believe this would increase spending? It may lower total WD points factions gather...but if everyone spends like they do now rankings will not change, so that doesn't really increase revenue.

Increasing revenue should be based on increasing users(all types of users free/light spending/heavy spending) and should be based on making the game a better experience....I don't see how any of your changes do this.

I may be misunderstanding your changes but I don't get how these changes would change overall spending. Do people spend on the basis of what there getting, or what there getting in relevance to whats available? If the first is true then would believe people have been spending more now then since the start of WD events due the their stats inflating substantially? I would say the overall spending has probably decreased in recent WD events but that's just a assumption and could be wrong. I say this because of the WD and other events becoming stale(lowering gaming experience and possibly decreasing the user base) and also due to the massive increase in hacking in the last 8 months or so.

I imagine you are looking at them too singularly and missing the bigger picture. The big money players are the ones spending tons on WD events. They also will not give up their position on the leaderboard out of pure pride. Devaluing their gold during WD will not make them spend any less. Trust me. There is another piece to the WD puzzle that i have not revealed yet! It's a nice kicker (The Golden Egg).

As for the other events, too many free and light gold players are making up ground on the existing heavy spenders. Make everyone pay to get huge stats and the super boost prizes will always bring about spending. Any event that offers a boost unit and requires gold to complete will increase spending and increase revenue.

PITA4PRES
07-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Everyone uses different strategies to get ahead in this game. Some people camp because it will give them an advantage later on in the game.Do you consider that to be hacking or cheating in some way? There are other reasons to prestage missions as well other than the LTQ. Some people prestage missions in order to get an influx of cash so they can afford to purchase LE buildings or have the cash to beat the boss. If they reset all missions for LTQ's they could be erasing progress someone has made in an effort to complete missions which are part of the game. People have already complained that they have lost some progress already made when prestaging. All Gree does in response to the prestaging is to make them harder to complete. Look at how the LTQs hae changed. There used to be 40 stages for normal, then 30, etc. They just put more missions into completing each stage and I also believe the energy requirements have increased as well. They have also had missions that need to be repeated in the next stage so that prestaging isn't 100% effective for every goal.

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Don't take this seriously guys...... I can't believe that you have taken the bait ! lol

How is me offering Gree a foolproof way of increasing profits that easily misconstrued? I am not on a fishing trip, so there is no bait.

Pro
07-05-2013, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=Evil Mastermind;853122]Thank you for creating a new account to respond to my post. Obviously, you don't understand that light gold players aren't driving this game. Light gold players don't score millions of WD points. Apparently #2 is just too cutting edge for some to grasp. Why should you be able to pre-stage? That's no different than glitching or h*acking. It's obtaining an advantage over Gree without paying for it. A player thinking pre-staging is ok is a player's rationalization for playing outside of Gree's intended play for the event. Obviously my interest was for Gree's sustainability ...not the light gold or free player.

Again wasn't me and I'm not the only one to disagree...

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Everyone uses different strategies to get ahead in this game. Some people camp because it will give them an advantage later on in the game.Do you consider that to be hacking or cheating in some way? There are other reasons to prestage missions as well other than the LTQ. Some people prestage missions in order to get an influx of cash so they can afford to purchase LE buildings or have the cash to beat the boss. If they reset all missions for LTQ's they could be erasing progress someone has made in an effort to complete missions which are part of the game. People have already complained that they have lost some progress already made when prestaging. All Gree does in response to the prestaging is to make them harder to complete. Look at how the LTQs hae changed. There used to be 40 stages for normal, then 30, etc. They just put more missions into completing each stage and I also believe the energy requirements have increased as well. They have also had missions that need to be repeated in the next stage so that prestaging isn't 100% effective for every goal.

Another player's rationalization. This is not a strategy game. This is a F2P/P2W game. And no I dont think camping is cheating. The only thing it does it gives a doomed player a false sense of achievement and keeps them in the hazy delusion that if they camp long enough they can beat the big players.

Gree never intended for anyone to prestage a mission. Whether it be for hitting that last map boss to get cash or to complete a quest. That is why there is a set vault limit and an option to buy cash. Rationalize Prestaging or planting palm trees anyway you want...it is outside of the intended play of the game.

Agent Orange
07-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I like the way you think Evil.....

On top of your suggestions perhaps have a buy your way into a top faction for a day. Say for 10,000 gold you can be a part of a top faction. On top of the bragging rights you will receive a free screen grab of your good fortune!

For 100,000 gold you can buy yourself immunity from any and all attacks. Perfect for those uncommon times when you need to spend time with the wife or family!

And of course for 1,000,000 gold you can buy lunch for a developer day! The perfect opportunity to go visit Greedland and perhaps catch the ear of one of the elite members of the development team. Who knows, they might even listen to you though highly unlikely.

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Again wasn't me and I'm not the only one to disagree...[/QUOTE]

Hey Pro! I dont mind you or anyone else disagreeing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (even me). I don't expect any player to agree with me about my ideas because they are in Gree's interest...not the players.

Everyone will disagree and that is ok with me. But I guarantee that i can poke a hole in everyone's claims. Simply because I know I am right about all my statements in the original post. Every single one of those ideas would in some way shape or form either increase spending or increase profits!

People dont like hearing any if it because it is not in their best interest.

Sith Lady
07-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Wait! Are you sure you don't work for Gree already? You can be CEO!

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 10:50 AM
I like the way you think Evil.....

On top of your suggestions perhaps have a buy your way into a top faction for a day. Say for 10,000 gold you can be a part of a top faction. On top of the bragging rights you will receive a free screen grab of your good fortune!

For 100,000 gold you can buy yourself immunity from any and all attacks. Perfect for those uncommon times when you need to spend time with the wife or family!

And of course for 1,000,000 gold you can buy lunch for a developer day! The perfect opportunity to go visit Greedland and perhaps catch the ear of one of the elite members of the development team. Who knows, they might even listen to you though highly unlikely.

Well hello Agent Orange. Not quite what i had in mind but you definitely sound like the type of player that I might intrigue with my "Golden" egg idea for WD! I am getting really anxious to spill the beans on that one!

It could forever change the game. It will increase WD excitement and make it more challenging and fun. Of course there will be a price tag on it...but it can't lose!

Stay tuned for the big unveiling!

Pro
07-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Evil, I'm a player, a customer I'm not here to intentionally increase GREES profit nor do I care to force others to increase spending. I guess that's what I don't understand about your scenario. Are you a player or a financial advisor? Who benefits from your options other than Gree?

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Evil, I'm a player, a customer I'm not here to intentionally increase GREES profit nor do I care to force others to increase spending. I guess that's what I don't understand about your scenario. Are you a player or a financial advisor? Who benefits from your options other than Gree?

Ahh, I see how one could see my intentions as misguided. I am a player too and I enjoy these games. They are a lot of fun! But I too understand that Gree is a business and businesses must make money to be sustainable. I am simply offering Gree ideas to increase those profits so that I may continue to enjoy their wonderful games.

Do you really think PUN, FERR, ACE, VFF, etc would really give up their spots on the leaderboard if it cost them 50g instead of 25g for refill? Are you saying that you wouldn't enjoy more boost units if offered in all events? Are you saying that you wouldn't ever hit the "Sneak Attack" button if you thought you could get 10x multiplier on that hit for a chance at 4500 points on one hit? Are you saying gold players wouldn't buy exclusive gold LE buildings and upgrade them to L10 with gold to get a mega stat unit?

If so, then maybe I'm not playing the same game.

I don't know
07-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Ahh, I see how one could see my intentions as misguided. I am a player too and I enjoy these games. They are a lot of fun! But I too understand that Gree is a business and businesses must make money to be sustainable. I am simply offering Gree ideas to increase those profits so that I may continue to enjoy their wonderful games.

Are you saying that you wouldn't enjoy more boost units if offered in all events? Are you saying that you wouldn't ever hit the "Sneak Attack" button if you thought you could get 10x multiplier on that hit for a chance at 4500 points on one hit? Are you saying gold players wouldn't buy exclusive gold LE buildings and upgrade them to L10 with gold to get a mega stat unit?

If so, then maybe I'm not playing the same game.

Now that you have somewhat further explained "sneak attack" it sounds like a nice idea and a huge plus for everyone. The one downside I see to this is that medpack costs might skyrocket. Also for the gold unit LE building, would it have a payout of gold or money?

JohnnyR
07-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Maybe we can just convince GREE to make a "donate" button for all the money we still have and need to spend. I mean, these are all good ideas, but what happens AFTER the events and all stats are maxed?

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Now that you have somewhat further explained "sneak attack" it sounds like a nice idea and a huge plus for everyone. The one downside I see to this is that medpack costs might skyrocket. Also for the gold unit LE building, would it have a payout of gold or money?

It would still be money for the gold money building but you have to look again at bigger picture. It doesn't have to be a gold bought "money" building. It could be a gold bought any building!

It could literally be anything! For example it could be a sniper tower. You would still get a unit for each level of upgrade but at L10, you would get +5% infantry defense.

It could be a ground-to-air missile base. Units along the way but level10 upgrade gets you +10% ground attack or strong against air! I have millions of other ideas!

The options and choices have unlimited possibilities. You must think outside the box to grasp the game changing fun I am talking about.

And the beauty of it all is it would only take some minor programming to implement these kinda of changes! Some like these additional boost buildings already have a platform.

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Maybe we can just convince GREE to make a "donate" button for all the money we still have and need to spend. I mean, these are all good ideas, but what happens AFTER the events and all stats are maxed?

To my knowledge Gree has the capabilities to never have maxed stats. It can be undone by simply increasing the number of allies beyond 500 or continuing to increase the attack and defense of the units. No player will ever max stats.

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 11:42 AM
For those following along:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?60457-The-WD-quot-Golden-Egg-quot-Idea

Pro
07-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Evil, just a question. Share your faction status, top ten,25? I respect that you may not wish to do so but I'm also curious if your in a top team and whether you have discussed the matter with your team mates?

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Evil, just a question. Share your faction status, top ten,25? I respect that you may not wish to do so but I'm also curious if your in a top team and whether you have discussed the matter with your team mates?

I would like to, but for obvious reasons I cannot share that information.

a4194394
07-05-2013, 12:07 PM
I think if every event will cost gold, than the game only exists top 10 faction, 600ppl, how could 600 invest ppl give greed more profit than 1000+ factions?

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 12:12 PM
I think if every event will cost gold, than the game only exists top 10 faction, 600ppl, how could 600 invest ppl give greed more profit than 1000+ factions?

If I am not mistaken, every event already requires gold to do well. Right?

jjm521
07-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Great ideas man. Id like to add a few if you dont mind.
* 10 gold for every ally you wish to add, those allies boost your stats by a good amount, why give them away for free?
* increase energy requirements to at least 20k per level in LtQs. As you said, people will pay anything to get those precious 1k stat units, it only makes sense
* increase cost of name change to 100 gold instead of just 50. This one's a no-brainer
* charge 100 gold as an entry fee for joining new factions. So many people hop around from faction to faction, this would bring in decent income as a "registration fee" of sorts

Anyway, if i were a Gree shareholder, id be disappointed that theyre missing out on so many wonderful profit opportunities. Great post man

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Great ideas man. Id like to add a few if you dont mind.
* 10 gold for every ally you wish to add, those allies boost your stats by a good amount, why give them away for free?
* increase energy requirements to at least 20k per level in LtQs. As you said, people will pay anything to get those precious 1k stat units, it only makes sense
* increase cost of name change to 100 gold instead of just 50. This one's a no-brainer
* charge 100 gold as an entry fee for joining new factions. So many people hop around from faction to faction, this would bring in decent income as a "registration fee" of sorts

Anyway, if i were a Gree shareholder, id be disappointed that theyre missing out on so many wonderful profit opportunities. Great post man

Thanks man!

piercedtoy20
07-05-2013, 04:05 PM
No if they want to increase revenue first they need to get better customer support, secondly if they lower they cost of gold the would get more players to buy gold than if they increased the cost of med packs, I dont agree with a thing you say as far as increasing there revenue all they will do is decrease it . They have many players right now on the verge of quitting the game because of the bugs glitches and hackers. If they want to keep there players they need to quit having so many tournaments and wars per month, all these tournaments and wars per month are burning players out.

bostoncard
07-05-2013, 05:24 PM
If I were GREE, I would do away with the 500 ally cap. More allies means more potential units to bring to battle, and while it would mean little to free players, the paid players pay to ensure that units 2001 - 4000 don't suck.

The other big revenue enhancer is that that they should give a bonus (say 50% WD points) to the winner of each WD battle. Imagine how much gold will be spent in the last five minutes of a close battle just to get that extra bonus, especially in the battles among the big boys, if instead of bringing in 3 million WD points, the winner brings in 4.5 million!

All that being said, GREE can tinker on the margins as much as it wants, and it won't make much of a difference. Believe it or not, even the heavy gold spenders have a budget on how much they are willing to spend on a game, and your tweaks will only change how people allocate that budget; it won't expand the pie for GREE. They may get short term spikes in spending, but eventually, players catch on and adjust expectations accordingly.

Boston Card

tch9500
07-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Your idea is ok, but they would have to work around and change it a bit

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 05:43 PM
If I were GREE, I would do away with the 500 ally cap. More allies means more potential units to bring to battle, and while it would mean little to free players, the paid players pay to ensure that units 2001 - 4000 don't suck.

The other big revenue enhancer is that that they should give a bonus (say 50% WD points) to the winner of each WD battle. Imagine how much gold will be spent in the last five minutes of a close battle just to get that extra bonus, especially in the battles among the big boys, if instead of bringing in 3 million WD points, the winner brings in 4.5 million!

All that being said, GREE can tinker on the margins as much as it wants, and it won't make much of a difference. Believe it or not, even the heavy gold spenders have a budget on how much they are willing to spend on a game, and your tweaks will only change how people allocate that budget; it won't expand the pie for GREE. They may get short term spikes in spending, but eventually, players catch on and adjust expectations accordingly.

Boston Card

I agree with the bonus for the winning team. 50% more points might be bit much as that would cut into gold spending. Maybe a 5-10% bonus would be reasonable enough.

tch9500
07-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Pretty good ideas. GREE should check it out.

LoveAndPeace
07-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Wait! Are you sure you don't work for Gree already? You can be CEO!

Brouhaha !! Absolutely immpossssible...

This guy is
-thinking ahead,
-knows about and (!) undestands game mechanics
-cares about informing forumites in à timely manner

So maybe former funzio employee but never ever gréé..

bostoncard
07-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Well, I thought about "winner take all" first, but then a losing team with no chance to catch up would just give up. If you have a bonus (even a substantial one), it won't make much of a difference in a blowout, but it might make a huge difference in a close fought match. I don't think a big bonus would depress gold spending. If anything, a team that knows it will get 1.5x the WD points will be encouraged to really pound their opponent and maximize the WD points they earn.

BC

Pro
07-05-2013, 08:24 PM
The 10 percent bonus boost would be a great addition, as I've said earlier I disagree with much of Evils plan. A plan from anyone named Evil is bad from the start right? LOL. There are ways Gree can increase mid and low level spending but I don't think Evils is the right one or that increased spending with less return for all is necessary.This game will survive as long as people like it. Increase cost and many won't like it and those that do will still eventually grow bored and find something new.
PJ had many great ideas on game enhancement and people turned away as they thought he was crazy. Well he is but his ideas were not. How many players buy 240 gold for 32 extra hits at 4 hits per 25 gold.I bet a bunch would buy 240 gold for 64 hits,just double the amount of hits.That is a cash increase for gree that benefits the players and Gree.But until the point fluctuation is corrected,stabilized or explained some players won't do that. It's great that some think of the survivalbility of the game but at what cost? Why drive to a stadium daily for a game with overpriced seats and crappy food when you can watch it on TV in the comfort of your home. Bring in better accomendations and make the environment your in and better more people will show up.

rwzsteve
07-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Evil Mastermind. Love your ideas considering they are only the 4th highest grossing game in the world. That's just one game. You could also add on a "gold tax" onto the customer service department. Make it cost 50 gold to answer your complaint about games issues answered in 5 days, 100 gold for 4 days, 200 gold 3 days, 400 gold 2 days, 1000 gold 1 day and 5000 gold for same day service. Talk about a money maker. Plus all the customer service people would make a killing and get a great big raise at the end of the year. Especially since they do not even come close to answering your original question/complaint/issue with the first response after waiting 2 weeks. I can see BILLIONS on the horizon. Your welcome GREE!!!!!

Evil Mastermind
07-05-2013, 09:24 PM
WD "Golden" egg unveiled:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?60523-WD-2.0-Gree-Here-s-Your-quot-Golden-quot-Egg!

I don't know
07-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Evil Mastermind. Love your ideas considering they are only the 4th highest grossing game in the world. That's just one game. You could also add on a "gold tax" onto the customer service department. Make it cost 50 gold to answer your complaint about games issues answered in 5 days, 100 gold for 4 days, 200 gold 3 days, 400 gold 2 days, 1000 gold 1 day and 5000 gold for same day service. Talk about a money maker. Plus all the customer service people would make a killing and get a great big raise at the end of the year. Especially since they do not even come close to answering your original question/complaint/issue with the first response after waiting 2 weeks. I can see BILLIONS on the horizon. Your welcome GREE!!!!!

Genius! I would pay $10 for a ticket to get answered in 4 days, as well with thousands of other players. Like I said before genius.

Wai
07-06-2013, 08:33 AM
I agree with the bonus for the winning team. 50% more points might be bit much as that would cut into gold spending. Maybe a 5-10% bonus would be reasonable enough.

It wouldn't cut into gold spending if you did it this way. It should increase it.

Only the winning team gets the advantage. Loser obviously gets nothing because they did not spend enough.

The winner gets an additional 1% points for each Vault of gold spent during that battle.

Or, the 'take it easy option', where any team can buy the equivalent of 100 vaults before battle so they are guaranteed a win in the following battle without having to push attack buttons. They just push the Auto-win button and kerching$$. I think Fer would like this option.

Perhaps the 'take it easy' option could be extended to individual players. Say for 100,000 points in one battle it would cost one vault. Just push the Kerching$$ button as many times as you like.

The Kerching$$ button would save a heap of time so it must have a heavy premium because you are paying for points and also the benefit of going out for an hour or so. The Kerching$$ button should be gold in color and be placed really, really close to the declare war button so anyone can activate it and it would be really funny when someone says "Hey guys, I just hit the Kerching$$ button with my fat fingers LOL".

Sparkle
07-06-2013, 09:14 AM
I hate the idea of all these. Were you thinking of the players at all while you were writing this?
My sentiments exactly. I think that Mr Evil Mastermind is living up to his name. He has hatched a greedy thought from his tiny little mind to feed his enormously pitiful and selfish ego. Most likely he has or hopes to get stock in Gree but his plot will indeed fail because the delicate balance of rich gold spenders versus ordinary folk who play for free to have some fun will be destroyed and the entire empire will collapse.

Evil Mastermind
07-06-2013, 02:09 PM
My sentiments exactly. I think that Mr Evil Mastermind is living up to his name. He has hatched a greedy thought from his tiny little mind to feed his enormously pitiful and selfish ego. Most likely he has or hopes to get stock in Gree but his plot will indeed fail because the delicate balance of rich gold spenders versus ordinary folk who play for free to have some fun will be destroyed and the entire empire will collapse.

Believe what you wish but I have no business ties to GREE. I simply play their little games, same as you.

I had a few ideas to share. Last time I checked this was a forum. Isn't that the whole purpose of a forum, to share ideas? I see no where in the forum rules that my ideas must make all players happy.

Weed
07-06-2013, 02:14 PM
There's what? 50 players each in the top 25 teams...
Ok. 50x25=1,250 players.
Now how much per player? $1,000? So 1,250x$1,000=$1,250,000

And you want to increase the amount these players spend in total while losing mid and lower level gold spenders by making these goals unattainable or, for us intelligent players, not cost value oriented for intangible items.

The further you place the carrot, the less motivated these trained donkey's become and will feel abandoned by this already teetering business model, mixed with horrible service, and will end up quitting.

So, let's say 1,000,000 trained donkey free/light/medium gold playersx0=$0 from all the players giving up.

Well I guess if Gree figures they can thrive off $1.25 million then they should implement these ridiculous changes.

A better idea would be to setup a monthly or yearly membership.

I would be happy to pay $10 a month. So 1,000,000x$10=$10,000,000 wow... Much more profitable than servicing ONLY your top tier players. Even if you end up losing them, that's still $8.75 million more profit. And with the top guys gone, you'll have a much more competitive and fair game!

And that's more than the $40 a year I pay for my 1 year gold Xbox online account. I play endlessly and am able to TALK IN REAL TIME with other players for live battles in Halo, COD, etc. much better system, more fun games, and it lasts a whole year. I've paid as little as $40 a year (if it's on sale), or $3.33/month. You can also get silver and even 3-6 month memberships. No gold to spend, no boost units to aspire to get and you play and rank up as you get better.

So to set this up right, a player gets a membership package and for that at the end of each month members pay for (if not the full year upfront), you receive a bonus unit or one with a boost. Getting better and better over time.

People on the free/lower- end will be more enticed to play. The longer you pay and play, the better the boost unit ending a year with something like upgrading two buildings at once for example. Make decent boosts or boost units, maybe even some gold at 3 months, 6 months and a year.. And you can do multiple year super bonuses that will keep that loyalty going.

The closer the carrot, the more incentive they'll have to keep reaching, even giving the occasional nibble to them will make them excited to reach further.

Of course you can keep the normal gold spending in play for those players that like to buy their way to the top, but now you can actually get some steady income from the other players while giving them some reward time for the loyalty and dedication of continuing to play. As well, there will be an increase in their ability to get further in the game and maybe bring a bit more balance to battles for players who use their noodles over their wallets.

This will inspire loyalty, knowing there are better units the longer you play.

You can create different membership levels for different unit or boost rewards. Bronze or standard, silver and gold memberships.

You can even add in better rewards for performing tasks or reaching achievements. Unlike the rank ups (aren't those units destructible?). For instance, if a player raids $1,000,000,000 then they earn an indestructible unit that comes with a raid payout bonus. If you build a level 10 defence building, you gain a defence boost unit, if you upgrade an oil rig (any decent money building outside of LE buildings), you get an income bonus, etc, etc, etc. you can have all sorts of these.

Not like the map missions that just end up levelling you up unnecessarily and payout crap.

You can set better rewards for tougher tasks making players want to go further.

One of my other peeves in this game is the guys with 1,000,000 A&D too chicken to gain xp and levelling up to appropriate levels where the will be properly matched with players along the same stat levels. It's like the loser that stays back in grade 7 when he should be in grade 12 just to feel bigger and smarter than the little kids he's beating up.

Camping and hiding too long in lower levels needs to go as well. Easily done by making IPH, stat levels, and/or building upgrades, unit/boost building levels ups, etc, come with auto levels ups. You won't be able to level up buildings or your stats without levelling your actual level. This way you can camp for short periods to build up but you won't be able to stay at your level if you want to go further in the game or become stronger, produce more etc.

This will also bring the well needed balance and create a much more level playing field for all players. After all, why have competitions without everyone having the ability to compete fairly?

Right now you are seeing a mass exodus from the game due to poor service, faulty game play and glitches, errors and all sorts of other issues and a very lopsided competition arena, trying to keep adding lame events like FvF, etc.... This game won't last when there is only the top 25 teams competing for the same positions and lame rewards. Eventually they will realize they have wasted their money and lives and they will quit too.

R.I.P. Gree.

And we all don't want that.

So by all means, increase the top player spending so that we can all go start enjoying real life again when the company files chapter 11, the servers are shut down and the app won't open.

Evil Mastermind
07-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Hi Weed

The membership fee has been discussed before and I see nothing wrong with it other than it would no longer be a F2P game which goes against Gree's normal model. It would require a complete restructuring of their platform. My ideas work within their existing model.

I think the part that you fail to see is that for every player that quits, there are probably 5 more downloading the game at that moment taking their place. Many of them will never visit this forum and probably are very naive/clueless as to what awaits them at the higher levels.

My ideas for Gree's increased revenue centers around the existing gold spenders. Gree has them hooked like a fish. All they have to do is reel them in a little more. Yes, they will moan and complain and threaten to stop spending. Have seen it all before...yet when the clock clicks down to zero and it is war time....they continue to spend at same level. As I have mentioned before, these players love their little "investments" and aren't going anywhere.

The medium to light gold spenders aren't the ones funding this game. You may think they are, but I can guarantee you they are not.

Many will continue to disagree with my ideas because they conflict with what is in their best interest; it doesn't mean that I am wrong about any of it.

Captain Steelman
07-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Still try to bring Justice to this game, I see...

I knew a Pirate, did the same but where is he...?

Lost in the dark maybe all alone,

his fight with Gree is now gone...

JohnnyR
07-06-2013, 03:34 PM

Alone among the minions,

So very full of opinions...

In riddles, truth be spoken

Behind a gold tooth, he know's GREE's broken

Evil Mastermind
07-06-2013, 04:38 PM

You are not the first nor probably the last to apparently confuse/mistake me for this Pirate Justice. His name keeps popping up on all my threads. I must say I am intrigued as to the impression he left behind. I went in search of his name/threads but came up empty.

All I can say is I am not he, and he is not me. But believe what you wish my friend.

Weed
07-06-2013, 04:42 PM
EM, unfortunately you are right. Gree's business model is designed to attract, keep and exploit the addicts and their mindsets.

I have spent enough of my real world time playing this game, so I can understand not wanting to quit. And why Gree is so bent on creating more and more events to reel those poor suckers in.

I 'd prefer a gaming model more people can enjoy, the way it was when I first started when it was still under the Funzio banner.

I had goals to be able to finish a boss event, thinking that eventually I'd be able to do that the stronger I got. But more and more events, and harder and harder the game became to play and slowly I realized this game wasn't designed for fun, but to trick normal people into putting more time and money than the average person has into chasing gold dragons.

So I just went back continuing to play for free, putting less time in and guiding my little band of soldiers onward into mediocre WD placements until the greed consumes the game into relative impossibility and then obscurity.

Pro
07-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Amazed this is still going. I don't know what's funnier, those who agree or those who disagree. I admit I fell for this at the start until I saw the logic behind the post. I guess I should change my name to Evil Pro. Im Sure PJ reads this and laughs as well.

Evil you are a mastermind............

Evil Mastermind
07-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Amazed this is still going. I don't know what's funnier, those who agree or those who disagree. I admit I fell for this at the start until I saw the logic behind the post. I guess I should change my name to Evil Pro. Im Sure PJ reads this and laughs as well.

Evil you are a mastermind............

It's like the Energizer Bunny. Still Going. LOL

JohnnyR
07-06-2013, 08:02 PM
You are not the first nor probably the last to apparently confuse/mistake me for this Pirate Justice. His name keeps popping up on all my threads. I must say I am intrigued as to the impression he left behind. I went in search of his name/threads but came up empty.

All I can say is I am not he, and he is not me. But believe what you wish my friend.

Hmmm....a clue-PJ was a chick!

;-P

Whoever you are at least you provide respite from the whiners.

Evil Mastermind
07-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Hmmm....a clue-PJ was a chick!

;-P

Whoever you are at least you provide respite from the whiners.

I don't know if you can call that a clue or not. When I asked a forum member about PJ in a previous thread, PJ was referred to as a "he". I simply was regurgitating what I had been told. I know not of PJ and whether the individual is of masculine or feminine nature.

Palzalus
07-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Lol how much big spenders do they have?
The way u propose this makes the light spenders stop then what?
Raise it again? Gree needs to balance things not make them more expensive.
Nice thought on some things like the buildings and the sneak attack.
But raising the costs of things is not gonna work out in a good way.
They can better change the outcome of wd points.

If a player now decides to spend 500€ or $ on gold he will send it also when it gets more expensive.
Maybe u should make I poll cause the team members I talked to said they are not gonna spend more the same amount
As they did before.

I'm in a top 50 team medium spenders. So what's left? Top 25 or 10 maybe?
I know our top 25 team they do not all spend gold.

So what's the win for gree? Nothing I guess.
And from that 5 who download the game how many of them are gonna be big spenders?

Evil Mastermind
07-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Lol how much big spenders do they have?
The way u propose this makes the light spenders stop then what?
Raise it again? Gree needs to balance things not make them more expensive.
Nice thought on some things like the buildings and the sneak attack.
But raising the costs of things is not gonna work out in a good way.
They can better change the outcome of wd points.

If a player now decides to spend 500€ or $ on gold he will send it also when it gets more expensive.
Maybe u should make I poll cause the team members I talked to said they are not gonna spend more the same amount
As they did before.

I'm in a top 50 team medium spenders. So what's left? Top 25 or 10 maybe?
I know our top 25 team they do not all spend gold.

So what's the win for gree? Nothing I guess.
And from that 5 who download the game how many of them are gonna be big spenders?

The amount of money spent by all the players in the top10 factions alone is enough to keep the servers up and running my little game for a long time.

It may be more than 5. I just chose a random number. If even one becomes a spender like members of PUN, Emperors, ACE, VFF, etc. then the game keeps making money. There are always new egos with money to keep this thing going.

Open your wallet, grab that credit card and HELP support our game maker today! If GREE wins, we all win.