PDA

View Full Version : Customer Appreciation Month (how about it Gree)

the_brein
07-05-2013, 01:13 AM
We all love crime city. From the level ten camper, to the high and mighty DURDEN's. Some of us buy gold. Some us don't. Free players are needed as much as gold spenders.

Now Gree, you had quite a bit of hiccups in June. From players not receiving gold during the last war, to prizes issued in reverse order, to the downright scandolous reuse of top premium gold prizes in free events, to the rivals glitch, to events not starting and ending on time... The same is true for the months of April and May.

You've tried making it right by throwing us 50 gold here and there. That last time was 200 gold. Thank you for that. Then there was that Sorry Affair. Thanks for that too. These attempts to correct problems can only be seen as a quick fix for problems on your side. How about some pro active steps to satisfy us? How about a Customer Appreciation Month? Here's some ideas:

1. Make a commitment for one month to have a human respond within 24 hours to all tickets placed. Even if you don't reach 100% you'll still have improved the system immensely. Even if you don't resolve it in 24 hours...

2. Events, start and end them on time. Many of us plan our game time around the schedules you post. Also, you really leave a sour taste when you give us a previous prize that required gold. Whether it was a LE item, or event top prize.

3. Now for some cool stuff! Gold sales. Have a 20% sale the entire customer appreciation month. Sprinkle in a 40% sale at random times for an hour! Do this at various times so that players in different time zones can have access to it.

4. Discount gold prices on gold items that are not limited edition items. That pile of dynamite is getting no play. Discount them for 40% off during select times.

5. For the free players: discount the cost of respect weapons for a limited time. Let us stock up on Doomsday Frags!!!

6. Not sure what kinds of problems this could cause in the future, but unlock all weapons and buildings for a limited time for all players! I know this is a weird one. But it's my thread and I can indulge!

7. Bring back LE gold buildings. Frosty's, Gobbles, and Haunted's. these rocked! So what if they're out of season on the west coast!

8. Create events with prize structures where everyone can have a chance to achieve the top prize. For example, a lottery system for the top prize among active participants in the event. Also, you have a lot of events that require a minimum level to play. How about rewarding those lower level/stat players with a maximum level/stat required to participate. That could be fun.

9. Actively solicited ideas for events and prizes from players. You'll find we have many great ideas.

10. Probably the most important step you could take in my eyes. Start an Ask Me Anything thread where moderators come in several times throughout the day to field questions. Technical or otherwise.

We love this game. Help,us love it even more!!! This is a long post and it is a long weekend for many. Some of these ideas may not be fully thought out. Please don't crucify me for them.

Brein

K-Dawg
07-05-2013, 03:14 AM
They do more than their supposed to do just by giving all the free gold and prizes. Besides why an entire month? As much as people complain, cry, threaten to quit/boycott, or demand gree to answer their tickets before anyone else because they bought a vault last week. I'm not saying gree is the best best gaming company out there (far from it) but we surely are not the best customers. Not bashing your idea just some stuff to put into perspective.

the_brein
07-05-2013, 04:06 AM
They do more than their supposed to do just by giving all the free gold and prizes. Besides why an entire month? As much as people complain, cry, threaten to quit/boycott, or demand gree to answer their tickets before anyone else because they bought a vault last week. I'm not saying gree is the best best gaming company out there (far from it) but we surely are not the best customers. Not bashing your idea just some stuff to put into perspective.i don't think they always do more than they're supposed to. In fact, many times they do very little, or even nothing. And yet other times they completely botch things.

I think buying a vault does entitle you to get priority service. You're helping fund the company! A month? What's the alternative? A week? They kinda already do a week with the 20% sales.

I'm not proposing freebies here. Far from it. I understand that gree needs to make money. I'm happy to do my part to help keep the game alive. I mean, we're being bought quite cheaply with 200'gold. I mean lets face it, 200 gold wouldn't have came if they didn't botch gold sales on the opening day of the last war!

K-Dawg
07-05-2013, 04:22 AM
They do more than they're supposed to because technically they don't have to do anything when it comes to recompensation unless it involves a refund. Anything else is just a bonus, we have just gotten so used to them giving us this 50 gold here, 200 gold there, 40% bonus every blue moon, that we've developed this misplaced sense of entitlement and naturally want more.

Also TONS of people buy vaults and some people even buy TONS of vaults so what makes them special from any of the other 3,000 people that buy vaults on a regular basis. I personally buy more than any one person should buy I do it without expecting some other hidden incentives. I like Gree's "everyone's equal" view point because it keeps everyone down to earth. What people don't realize is that if they started giving priority to top gold spenders, only regular gold bonus members would have their tickets looked at because let's be honest that 1 vault a month chump change doesn't mean crap to gree.

the_brein
07-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Agree 100%.
When a high roller goes to Vegas, he is given every accommodation possible. I'm sure something happens behind the scenes for big spenders with gree. A way to keep their transactions smooth. And prompt attention when they have problems. I've seen this in action. Fast turnaround for a big spender when he puts in a ticket. Within the hour his issue is resolved. At least this particular player has this kind of attention. I don't know of other big spenders.

K-Dawg
07-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Ya I'm sure there's a higher secret echelon for the gold spenders that DO make a difference in gree profits and frankly they deserve all the bells and whistles that come with it IMO. I just think its stupid that average joe will buy 3 vaults in a week and then thinks he's a high roller and therefor should be treated as such lol

Tommy Two Toes
07-05-2013, 06:34 AM
http://blog.pricelesswriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/walloftext.jpg

kingofwale
07-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Gree needs to realize that giving people free gold isn't "customer service". Respond to people's concern, fix people's problem is of much greater importance.

What's the point of 200 gold when you can't access your game and have to wait for 1 month???

NS tasia
07-05-2013, 06:44 AM
... Here's some ideas:

Brein
may I ask for:
11. we have ingame-building named "Gun shop", so can we sell our "old" respect weapon (at half or even less price)?

Dipstik
07-05-2013, 06:45 AM
http://ts1.explicit.bing.net/th?id=H.4804171064478080&pid=15.1

candyson
07-05-2013, 07:07 AM
I like all of those ideas, especially number 6.
For the ticket responses, gold buyers should be given better service than free players while still giving free players good service.

bald zeemer
07-05-2013, 07:09 AM
I think buying a vault does entitle you to get priority service. You're helping fund the company! A month? What's the alternative? A week? They kinda already do a week with the 20% sales.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but the list of people who have bought "a vault" with tickets is hardly short. Those of us who buy far, far more than that still get dodgy customer service - and if we got real customer service I have a feeling that the level of hate we get would be significantly increased.

K-Dawg
07-05-2013, 07:19 AM

I like all of those ideas, especially number 6.
For the ticket responses, gold buyers should be given better service than free players while still giving free players good service.

No offense candyson, I hate to break it to you and all the other "gold players" but like I stated before buying 1 vault a week doesn't do anything for gree. Hellz that ish doesn't even show up on there radar because there's a million other people just like you who ALL think their tickets are more important (there not). If you really want red carpet treatment and truly EARN that "special" treatment that that misplaced sense of entitlement craves then try becoming a regular tier 3 gold bonus member and I promise you'll get the best weapons, prizes, and service but until then keep throwing your pennies into gree's wishing well

MattThomas08
07-05-2013, 07:47 AM
I'm always amazed at how little a vault is worth in this game. 1 vault a week or a month makes you a peon in terms of CC money. If you bought a PS3 or Xbox360 game and it cost you $80, you would expect a helluva game.

bald zeemer
07-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Agree 100%.
When a high roller goes to Vegas, he is given every accommodation possible. I'm sure something happens behind the scenes for big spenders with gree. A way to keep their transactions smooth. And prompt attention when they have problems. I've seen this in action. Fast turnaround for a big spender when he puts in a ticket. Within the hour his issue is resolved. At least this particular player has this kind of attention. I don't know of other big spenders.

Sweet jesus. I certainly don't qualify, nor do any of the big FC spenders. I wonder who these massive spenders who don't participate in syndicate wars are spending all their gold on. It's not stats. It's not IP. Maybe they like 8-9 figure numbers in their gold balances?

Tommy Two Toes
07-05-2013, 08:16 AM
I'm always amazed at how little a vault is worth in this game. 1 vault a week or a month makes you a peon in terms of CC money. If you bought a PS3 or Xbox360 game and it cost you $80, you would expect a helluva game.

This would have been a better thread than the current one.

Dipstik
07-05-2013, 08:20 AM

And lately it's become painfully obvious that any temporary benefit to spending gold is almost immediately erased due to stat inflation.

candyson
07-05-2013, 08:40 AM
No offense candyson, I hate to break it to you and all the other "gold players" but like I stated before buying 1 vault a week doesn't do anything for gree. Hellz that ish doesn't even show up on there radar because there's a million other people just like you who ALL think their tickets are more important (there not). If you really want red carpet treatment and truly EARN that "special" treatment that that misplaced sense of entitlement craves then try becoming a regular tier 3 gold bonus member and I promise you'll get the best weapons, prizes, and service but until then keep throwing your pennies into gree's wishing well

If you're suggesting that I am a gold player, I have not spent a penny on Crime City, nor do I have the money to do so.

zwiswoo
07-05-2013, 10:37 AM
The stuff about expecting customer service improvements depending on amount of gold spent is frankly a red herring. Sure maybe spending more could entitle you to better support, or not. But first look at the baseline - we're talking average ticket waiting times measured in weeks. That's lousy, no matter how much gold you're buying. Try sending Google/Microsoft/Samsung/IBM/Amazon a ticket and see if it ever takes that long to reply. I've sent tickets to proper companies that I've spent no money on ever, and assumed I'd get replies in hours or a couple of days. Not weeks. Not months. Sure a hundred bucks on a vault is nothing compared to Gree's total revenue, but compare that to Google's customer support, and remember how much less money you give Google. And how much more money Google makes than Gree to begin with.

Here's what good tech support looks like: I had a mail in rebate for an iPod once, but had thrown away the package stuff by mistake. I emailed them, and they said (in a day) I could just send them a copy of my receipt and that'd be fine. I asked them if I could just email it since we were chatting already. That was fine too! Even though the whole point of a mail in rebate is to price discriminate and only give the discount to people meticulous enough to get it right. Because the company believes it gains from keeping its customer happy. And I bet I've given this example a few times by now to people I know.

I think talk of players being "entitled" is utterly bonkers, and reflects nothing so much as how house-trained some players have become. *Any* customer for any product is entitled to decent customer support. Period. This kind of talk sounds like someone begging a corrupt bureaucrat to do his job in a banana republic.

Finally, the idea that you can solve a problem some subset of players face (gold purchase mixup or server trouble or non-stacking items or whatever) by giving everyone gold is silly, and only works because people don't think. There's no reason at all to think this compensates the people who're griping, still less to see it as fixing their original complaint. For example, remember that giving everyone 200 gold during a war event is essentially the same as giving no-one gold at all. It just means everyone has eight additional refills over the course of the event, and makes point tallies higher overall. Compare points between the Dock and Red Light events and you'll see exactly this difference in points. For every rank the gold needed went up by what you'd expect for ~50 players per syndicate getting 200 gold extra. Maybe it even helps Gree, since it accustoms people to higher point expectations for the future.

K-Dawg
07-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Ok for starters here's a red flag, you're comparing GREE to the worlds greatest technical organizations (don't do that). They dwarf gree, plus it's a company not even based out of the USA. I'm not defending the humble support team based out of cali but you have to put into perspective that these guys have to manage and support over a dozen gaming apps all of which are as "entitled" as crime city. Their inboxes are flooded with cc tickets alone now multiply that by 12 and see how fast your 7 man support team can file through the complaints

zwiswoo
07-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Ok for starters here's a red flag, you're comparing GREE to the worlds greatest technical organizations (don't do that). They dwarf gree, plus it's a company not even based out of the USA. I'm not defending the humble support team based out of cali but you have to put into perspective that these guys have to manage and support over a dozen gaming apps all of which are as "entitled" as crime city. Their inboxes are flooded with cc tickets alone now multiply that by 12 and see how fast your 7 man support team can file through the complaints

There's an internal contradiction here. On the one hand the company is supposed to be so rich they can afford to ignore or treat with complacency people who spend a mere hundred bucks and deign to think they're entitled to stuff. On the other it's so humble (and not based in the US, whatever follows from that :) ) it can't even adequately staff its support desk. Pick at most one.

I'm not blaming the five or six or whatever number of guys they've got answering - or closing after a delay without answering - five thousand tickets a day. I'm suggesting that having six people handle support for so many players is a scandalous way of treating customers.

And size or reputation frankly has nothing to do with it. I've bought 8-9 phone/computer utility apps from no-name companies of various sizes. Never before encountering Gree did I imagine such support as this was possible.

Monty31
07-05-2013, 10:56 AM
They do more than they're supposed to because technically they don't have to do anything when it comes to recompensation unless it involves a refund. Anything else is just a bonus, we have just gotten so used to them giving us this 50 gold here, 200 gold there, 40% bonus every blue moon, that we've developed this misplaced sense of entitlement and naturally want more.

Also TONS of people buy vaults and some people even buy TONS of vaults so what makes them special from any of the other 3,000 people that buy vaults on a regular basis. I personally buy more than any one person should buy I do it without expecting some other hidden incentives. I like Gree's "everyone's equal" view point because it keeps everyone down to earth. What people don't realize is that if they started giving priority to top gold spenders, only regular gold bonus members would have their tickets looked at because let's be honest that 1 vault a month chump change doesn't mean crap to gree.

If gree don't prioritise gold buyers, then what is the player staus code in messages to helpdesk?

K-Dawg
07-05-2013, 11:09 AM

There's an internal contradiction here. On the one hand the company is supposed to be so rich they can afford to ignore or treat with complacency people who spend a mere hundred bucks and deign to think they're entitled to stuff. On the other it's so humble (and not based in the US, whatever follows from that :) ) it can't even adequately staff its support desk. Pick at most one.

I'm not blaming the five or six or whatever number of guys they've got answering - or closing after a delay without answering - five thousand tickets a day. I'm suggesting that having six people handle support for so many players is a scandalous way of treating customers.

And size or reputation frankly has nothing to do with it. I've bought 8-9 phone/computer utility apps from no-name companies of various sizes. Never before encountering Gree did I imagine such support as this was possible.

There's no contradiction, gree is a somewhat large corporation but they create and support dozens of games. They're not based in the us so you can't expect their priorities to be in the us. You act like just because a company's worth is in the billions that it can't ever see rough times, it's a world recession kid. Tht being said it still does in fact take in billions from all sorts of different games so yes that $100 a week Johnny spends on cc is indeed quite negligible.

You're comparing support satisfaction with gree who has a dedicated support team of less than 10 to companies like google, apple, and IBM who have support teams in the hundreds (thousands in some cases) who also offer around the clock assistance. So think before you compare and contrast.

BigMoney
07-05-2013, 11:29 AM
I don't even know how K-Dawg is even trying to rationalize GREE's poor customer service. I agree with zwiswoo's point, if GREE makes so much money that they can ignore people who spend hundreds of dollars on their game, then they should also have enough money to adequately fund a customer support team. I've never dealt with such poor service anywhere else, paying customer or not.

Edit: you know what else would cut down on customer support tickets? Stop pushing out broken updates in your next rush to push another money-generating event (PVP, syndicate wars, LTQs, or whatever) before they're even ready.

Dipstik
07-05-2013, 11:31 AM
It's not rationalization, it's low expectations. It's a FTP tappy-tap game for your iphone. The fact that some people apparently spend unbelievable amounts of cash on it doesn't change this fact. If you're expecting the same type of customer service that you get from a car dealership, you're out of luck.

BigMoney
07-05-2013, 11:36 AM
It's not rationalization, it's low expectations. It's a FTP tappy-tap game for your iphone. The fact that some people apparently spend unbelievable amounts of cash on it doesn't change this fact. If you're expecting the same type of customer service that you get from a car dealership, you're out of luck.

Yeah, you're right, who expects any kind of customer service for a "free to play" game. I forgot that GREE consists of entirely volunteers who must be very busy with other things, and there's no reason to expect any sort of timely response to paying customers, because it's a (cough) "free game."

Tommy Two Toes
07-05-2013, 11:38 AM
If you're expecting the same type of customer service that you get from a car dealership, you're out of luck.

Before or after the sale?

Dipstik
07-05-2013, 11:38 AM
As they say, take it or leave it... just don't try to pretend it's something it's not.

K-Dawg
07-05-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm not rationalizing anything I'm just trying to explain to people why they aren't as important as their inclined to believe. The Cali depo is just a branch and have to deal with the hand Japan gives them (including budgets, quotas, and employment) anyone who works a white collar profession should know this and know the very likely position that the people are in. As I've stated before I'm not defending them but most of the complainers seem to barely have any understanding of basic economics or business management, so I see myself as trying to enlighten rather than defend.

No Name Specified
07-05-2013, 02:58 PM
We all love crime city. From the level ten camper, to the high and mighty DURDEN's. Some of us buy gold. Some us don't. Free players are needed as much as gold spenders.

Now Gree, you had quite a bit of hiccups in June. From players not receiving gold during the last war, to prizes issued in reverse order, to the downright scandolous reuse of top premium gold prizes in free events, to the rivals glitch, to events not starting and ending on time... The same is true for the months of April and May.

You've tried making it right by throwing us 50 gold here and there. That last time was 200 gold. Thank you for that. Then there was that Sorry Affair. Thanks for that too. These attempts to correct problems can only be seen as a quick fix for problems on your side. How about some pro active steps to satisfy us? How about a Customer Appreciation Month? Here's some ideas:

1. Make a commitment for one month to have a human respond within 24 hours to all tickets placed. Even if you don't reach 100% you'll still have improved the system immensely. Even if you don't resolve it in 24 hours...

2. Events, start and end them on time. Many of us plan our game time around the schedules you post. Also, you really leave a sour taste when you give us a previous prize that required gold. Whether it was a LE item, or event top prize.

3. Now for some cool stuff! Gold sales. Have a 20% sale the entire customer appreciation month. Sprinkle in a 40% sale at random times for an hour! Do this at various times so that players in different time zones can have access to it.

4. Discount gold prices on gold items that are not limited edition items. That pile of dynamite is getting no play. Discount them for 40% off during select times.

5. For the free players: discount the cost of respect weapons for a limited time. Let us stock up on Doomsday Frags!!!

6. Not sure what kinds of problems this could cause in the future, but unlock all weapons and buildings for a limited time for all players! I know this is a weird one. But it's my thread and I can indulge!

7. Bring back LE gold buildings. Frosty's, Gobbles, and Haunted's. these rocked! So what if they're out of season on the west coast!

8. Create events with prize structures where everyone can have a chance to achieve the top prize. For example, a lottery system for the top prize among active participants in the event. Also, you have a lot of events that require a minimum level to play. How about rewarding those lower level/stat players with a maximum level/stat required to participate. That could be fun.

9. Actively solicited ideas for events and prizes from players. You'll find we have many great ideas.

10. Probably the most important step you could take in my eyes. Start an Ask Me Anything thread where moderators come in several times throughout the day to field questions. Technical or otherwise.

We love this game. Help,us love it even more!!! This is a long post and it is a long weekend for many. Some of these ideas may not be fully thought out. Please don't crucify me for them.

Brein

You really think GREE would have customer appreciation month? The only Customer Month GREE would have is Let's F**k Our Customers Harder Than we Usually do and Hustle Them Out of Even More Cash Than Usual Month.

the_brein
07-05-2013, 03:07 PM
You really think GREE would have customer appreciation month?nope. Never said I thought they would. I do however think that this kind of a promotionnis not all lose for Gree. There's money to be made in this kind of promotion. Perhaps they'll do something like this when things get really desperate.

No Name Specified
07-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm sure they'd rather go bankrupt.

BigMoney
07-05-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm sure they'd rather go bankrupt.

Haha, it's funny because you're probably right.

No Name Specified
07-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Haha, it's funny because you're probably right.

Probably right? More like definitely right.

the_brein
07-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Your free player respect thing half off is nonsense. You said CUSTOMER appreciation. Free players are not customers.then why does gree give away 50 gold? Surely not for the regular gold spenders. Why have any non gold weapons at all? Gree does things for free players too. Free play is a very important part of the game.

Back hand emus
07-06-2013, 10:06 PM
then why does gree give away 50 gold? Surely not for the regular gold spenders. Why have any non gold weapons at all? Gree does things for free players too. Free play is a very important part of the game.

free play is not an important part of the game. They make for more server costs and more costs for CS reps. They will never admit it, but their goal is to make as many ftp players, gold players. saying that is only to make yourself feel better when you sleep at night

cditti
07-06-2013, 10:39 PM
How about they just service customers like customers..

crazymac
07-07-2013, 12:06 PM
free play is not an important part of the game. They make for more server costs and more costs for CS reps. They will never admit it, but their goal is to make as many ftp players, gold players. saying that is only to make yourself feel better when you sleep at night
all the gold players need someone to beat up on

the_brein
07-07-2013, 01:17 PM
free play is not an important part of the game. They make for more server costs and more costs for CS reps. They will never admit it, but their goal is to make as many ftp players, gold players. saying that is only to make yourself feel better when you sleep at nightin case you didn't know, all players start off as free players. Gold spenders were free players at one point. Many free players later become gold spenders because of gree promotions. To say free players are not important is downright moronic.

Back hand emus
07-07-2013, 02:17 PM
in case you didn't know, all players start off as free players. Gold spenders were free players at one point. Many free players later become gold spenders because of gree promotions. To say free players are not important is downright moronic.

If tomorrow gree said anyone who has ever bought gold can stay while everyone else is booted not only would the game survive it would flourish with the freed up server space and not having level 10 free players sending in 15 tickets about someone having a 1 mil iph. Just because everyone starts as free doesn't mean they're important, which clearly shows in gree's automated 2 week response hoping the problem resolved itself.

Fancy Pants
07-07-2013, 02:21 PM
If tomorrow gree said anyone who has ever bought gold can stay while everyone else is booted not only would the game survive it would flourish with the freed up server space and not having level 10 free players sending in 15 tickets about someone having a 1 mil iph. Just because everyone starts as free doesn't mean they're important, which clearly shows in gree's automated 2 week response hoping the problem resolved itself.

Actually it would die because 80% of it's player base would be gone. You sir clearly do not work in any business or economic related field and if you do then you obviously do not manage it.

the_brein
07-07-2013, 02:24 PM
If tomorrow gree said anyone who has ever bought gold can stay while everyone else is booted not only would the game survive it would flourish with the freed up server space and not having level 10 free players sending in 15 tickets about someone having a 1 mil iph. Just because everyone starts as free doesn't mean they're important, which clearly shows in gree's automated 2 week response hoping the problem resolved itself.its well known that companies require growth to survive. Growth occurs through new customers. Sure, existing customers can provide some growth, but it's the new customers that inject the new growth usually.

Back hand emus
07-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Actually it would die because 80% of it's player base would be gone. You sir clearly do not work in any business or economic related field and if you do then you obviously do not manage it.

You're right, my degree in economics did nothing to help form this decision. That's fine though, load your business with enormous costs and have no one to pay for it. Please, shower me with all of your knowledge of economics, I'd certainly love to tear holes in it.

Back hand emus
07-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Has gree shown that they are trying to grow lately? Because the events stacked on events leading to heavy spenders quitting looks a lot to me like an end game. Which just like FarmVille, draw something, and all of these tapping games have to have in common because this certainly won't last forever

DannyD
07-07-2013, 02:35 PM

I always think the same thing... I can buy a PS4 when it comes out and 5 games for less than what I paid for CC last month.... Just last MONTH!

Back hand emus
07-07-2013, 02:40 PM
If crime city had advertisements in their game I would 100 percent agree with you that free players are all customers and very important but that's simply not case. Wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers though, so have a good day guys

Fancy Pants
07-07-2013, 02:40 PM
You're right, my degree in economics did nothing to help form this decision. That's fine though, load your business with enormous costs and have no one to pay for it. Please, shower me with all of your knowledge of economics, I'd certainly love to tear holes in it.

Then I'm afraid you're putting your degree to shame at the moment for even making such a comment as before. If you truly believe GREE gets even a substantially large portion of it's money from Crime City gold players then you've grossly over estimated the buying power of this community. How much money do you think the community as whole spends per month and then how much do you think the California branch alone needs to pay salaries (including benefits), maintain up-keeping, create new platform games, and plan future growth?

Answer those questions to yourself, use your deductive powers of inference, then throw in that knowledge from your bachelors in economics and you'll have "showered yourself with knowledge" as you would like to put it.

Fancy Pants
07-07-2013, 02:41 PM
If crime city had advertisements in their game I would 100 percent agree with you that free players are all customers and very important but that's simply not case. Wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers though, so have a good day guys

Crime City does have advertisement, it's called TapJoy you jack wagon.

Back hand emus
07-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Then I'm afraid you're putting your degree to shame at the moment for even making such a comment as before. If you truly believe GREE gets even a substantially large portion of it's money from Crime City gold players then you've grossly over estimated the buying power of this community. How much money do you think the community as whole spends per month and then how much do you think the California branch alone needs to pay salaries (including benefits), maintain up-keeping, create new platform games, and plan future growth?

Answer those questions to yourself, use your deductive powers of inference, then throw in that knowledge from your bachelors in economics and you'll have "showered yourself with knowledge" as you would like to put it.

In the context of crime city, if no one is buying gold crime city doesn't survive as a standalone company. I'm really not sure what is so hard to understand about that. And "advertisements" referred to things that were out of your control in seeing such as ads on msn. Tapjoy users are customers as they are performing services for goods (gold). I guess that GED is serving you kids well and everyone is now an expert in crime city's profit structure

Fancy Pants
07-07-2013, 05:47 PM
In the context of crime city, if no one is buying gold crime city doesn't survive as a standalone company. I'm really not sure what is so hard to understand about that. And "advertisements" referred to things that were out of your control in seeing such as ads on msn. Tapjoy users are customers as they are performing services for goods (gold). I guess that GED is serving you kids well and everyone is now an expert in crime city's profit structure

There's more than one way to advertise, you're referring to spam advertisement which most people ignore. These "services" force players to actually play the companies games and form their own personal first hand opinion based on a number of factors. Consequentially bringing in more players, which in turn has the potential to bring Crime City more revenue in the form of gold purchases, paid advertisement, and budget increases. The fact that you're trying to comprehend CC's "profit structure" in absolutism suggests you either didn't do well in econ, you're lying about earning a bachelors in economics to begin with (which honestly gives you no room to attempt to make condescending remarks), or you realized you made an error in judgement but are choosing to stick to your guns out of pride.

If you really think this game will magically kill over in a week if nobody bought gold then you're sadly mistaken. Dust off those text books kiddo.

Back hand emus
07-07-2013, 06:00 PM
There's more than one way to advertise, you're referring to spam advertisement which most people ignore. These "services" force players to actually play the companies games and form their own personal first hand opinion based on a number of factors. Consequentially bringing in more players, which in turn has the potential to bring Crime City more revenue in the form of gold purchases, paid advertisement, and budget increases. The fact that you're trying to comprehend CC's "profit structure" in absolutism suggests you either didn't do well in econ, you're lying about earning a bachelors in economics to begin with (which honestly gives you no room to attempt to make condescending remarks), or you realized you made an error in judgement but are choosing to stick to your guns out of pride.

If you really think this game will magically kill over in a week if nobody bought gold then you're sadly mistaken. Dust off those text books kiddo.

No one said if no one buys gold the company dies in a week. You can't honestly think that if people stopped buying gold crime city would be around for another 5 years. I'm baffled how you can even argue this. Crime city isn't in this for charity. There's a reason that gold spenders have a tier rate when contacting support.

On another note, you need a hobby that doesn't involve sitting on the computer all day waiting for me to reply.

Fancy Pants
07-07-2013, 06:22 PM
You said.....

If tomorrow gree said anyone who has ever bought gold can stay while everyone else is booted not only would the game survive it would flourish.

Implying that free players do absolutely nothing for this game so i simply took that ball and ran with it. Yes the time frames are embellished but it doesn't make my point any less correct. With all the events gold spending has skyrocketed but years before now crime city has managed to be the #1 app in over 20 countries (and i bet my bottom dollar not even 5% were regular gold spenders) and it's lasted for years on that comparably minuscule amount of revenue they made from gold buyers.

On the same note as you went to previously, I like sitting in front of my computer, It's my safety blanket lol. Besides I'm enjoying our conversation aren't you? :confused:

Back hand emus
07-07-2013, 06:34 PM
You said.....

Implying that free players do absolutely nothing for this game so i simply took that ball and ran with it. Yes the time frames are embellished but it doesn't make my point any less correct. With all the events gold spending has skyrocketed but years before now crime city has managed to be the #1 app in over 20 countries (and i bet my bottom dollar not even 5% were regular gold spenders) and it's lasted for years on that comparably minuscule amount of revenue they made from gold buyers.

On the same note as you went to previously, I like sitting in front of my computer, It's my safety blanket lol. Besides I'm enjoying our conversation aren't you? :confused:

We can agree to disagree that it would get better/worse. Of course free players use to be much more of a factor than they are today. I went more with the approach of if no more free players gree would put money towards customer service reps leading to increased profit ;)

And yes, I always enjoy a friendly argument! Life would be boring if everyone agreed with everything I said

No Name Specified
07-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Yo, Fancy Pants, you need some back-up?

Fancy Pants
07-07-2013, 06:42 PM
lol naw we're talking not arguing. It's just heated that's all. Thank you though! :D

No Name Specified
07-07-2013, 06:55 PM
No problem. If things get ugly, let me know.

Gingeasian
07-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Your idea would Make growing the business and game impossible. If only gold players were allowed how would they get new players since players do not spend gold right away

aphroKEN
07-07-2013, 09:30 PM

Paying money to buy a game and paying money to win a game are incomparable. The latter is done to grow the e-peen.

A better comparison would be: hiring a master player to win a multiplayer PS3 or XBOX360 game for you. That would surely cost more than $80. That's the PS3/XBOX360 equivalent of spending money to win in CC.

I also wanted to say, how much you need to pay to win in this game depends on how much other players are spending. If everyone were free players, then you can win by spending a few dollars. But that won't happen because your competitors in this game are spending infinite money, which is why a vault does not get you very far.

RedEyePad
07-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Did anyone else not receive the 200 gold bonus last month?

I have two games going and both got +50 gold Loyal Player bonuses in April and May, but neither account got any gold in June (one did get the A Sorry Affair goal). Is there some definition of 'Loyal Player' you have to satisfy? My two games have been going for 6 months and 18 months, and I check both multiple times every day.

I sent a ticket from one acct on 6/29 asking if there was something I needed to do because everyone on my syn reported getting a 200 gold bonus but me, and a week later I got the response: "Unfortunately, we do not have any offers where we are giving 200 gold. We will keep you posted with the upcoming offers through the game".

Anyone else get stiffed? I can't really complain about not getting something I didn't pay for, but the expectation that even free players had 200 gold to burn changed the standards for output in my syndicate during the last battle.

dr007
07-08-2013, 10:27 AM
I liked the intent of the thread. Of course, it got diluted as happens with most threads. :cool: