PDA

View Full Version : Game unplayable after update - admin response appreciated

potvin
07-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Since 3.7.1 I cannot even login properly without the game force closing on me. The odd time when I actually do get in it and try to buy some gold or check the syndicate forum it crashes moments later. So far I have a day wasted in the LTQ event so I am wondering how long it will take before this is resolved. A lot of times when the game crashed I sent in a report. I am using a fairly old phone, the HTC Desire Z with android version 2.3.3. I cannot update the version on it as it says it's up to date. I thought maybe if I could update it, it might jive better with the recent crime city update. But if I do that then I will likely cause more problems and delays if things don't work out. I tried reinstalling a ton of times and still does the same thing over and over... even when I exit the app I will get a couple messages saying 'Crime City has stopped unexpectedly' when I had already closed it. Any admin can comment on this? I am losing out on this LTQ event as I said plus the new event is set to start tomorrow...

exxar
07-05-2013, 01:14 AM
You're Lucky, I've been unable to start the game for over 2 WEEKS on my iPhone. First an "unrecognized server response" error, and since the last update it just hangs at the start screen with that turning wheel while "connecting to server"...

Bala82
07-05-2013, 03:05 AM
Have you tried 3.7.2

potvin
07-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Have you tried 3.7.2

Yes. After the initial update this week, through uninstalling and reinstalling I had gotten that update as well...no change.
I don't get an unrecognized server response error. I just get the 'Crime City has stopped unexpectedly' error and then only options I have is force close or report...

Bala82
07-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Yes. After the initial update this week, through uninstalling and reinstalling I had gotten that update as well...no change.
I don't get an unrecognized server response error. I just get the 'Crime City has stopped unexpectedly' error and then only options I have is force close or report...

Sorry i wish i could help you but only suggestion make sure no other application is running in background.

candyson
07-05-2013, 12:04 PM
It's probably your version of Android. I am running Android 4.2.2 and have no problems on Crime City.

String-Girl
07-05-2013, 12:10 PM
I was told "....your phone appears to be too old to use some of the games features " (like, ANY) and it was doing the same thing.
New phone works great.

potvin
07-05-2013, 08:13 PM
I would imagine the phone and android version are old. But what am I supposed to do?

TZora
07-06-2013, 05:56 AM
<rant> this is not a problem with the phone being old .. well it may be a contributing factor to some but i have a sony xperia s and by no means it is old .. with a good processor and 1 gig RAM, i expect to play the game without any problems. but the game is going nuts on my phone ... now i have lost the ability to change my name and also lost the ability to type comments on ppl's walls. the WYSIWYG keyboard doesn't pop up anymore. i have to hit 20 times on the message bar in order to activate the freagin keyboard. same goes while taking money out of the bank .. i have to repeatedly hit the white area to activate keyboard. still, i can't type long messages ... the thing crashes as i type anything beyond 2 lines. i have another game and i can type anything without any problems. so it has to be this game called crackcity. new events going bonkers .. the game has gone bonkers .. </rant>

lol it is fun to see a company going crazy with all of the coding. so much work on selling gold and so less work on fixing the errors. i really wonder, what do the game testers do whenever a new event is released .. do u guys test the game and generate some sort of report? i'd like to see the report you guys send over to gree .. just curious to see what everyone covers.

i would LOVE to test the beta and updates. man, i seriously doubt anyone seriously tests the new events/updates. because if a software is properly tested, you don't expect to see "that many" errors .. bring me onboard and i'll test your game inside out and will send you a report of even the smallest errors/problems. oh well .. not saying this to get freebies, i don't care about freebies. i'm just annoyed why there are so many problems with this game ..

K-Dawg
07-06-2013, 06:30 AM
My friend has an old android phone and cc doesn't work for him but my other friend has a galaxy s3 (new phone) and it works just fine. I say upgrade phones bro.

potvin
07-06-2013, 11:57 AM
My friend has an old android phone and cc doesn't work for him but my other friend has a galaxy s3 (new phone) and it works just fine. I say upgrade phones bro.
This is what I think this is about. Phone version being old, but why must I buy a brand new phone just to play crime city?
Considering the game has been out since this phone was still in style, it should still support it. It would be a different story if a game just came out today, then I wouldn't expect it to be playable on older phones or android versions.

Bala82
07-06-2013, 12:51 PM
This is what I think this is about. Phone version being old, but why must I buy a brand new phone just to play crime city?
Considering the game has been out since this phone was still in style, it should still support it. It would be a different story if a game just came out today, then I wouldn't expect it to be playable on older phones or android versions.

Well you know saying move with the times- you choose to update the app to latest version . It a shame that google play doesn't have previous version of the app. You shouldn't of been in a hurry to have update to latest version- i usually wait 1 week before i update so i can see if there are any issues. my best advice to you is simple QUIT THE GAME and find another game to play there are million of games on goggle play.

PS: do you have same issue with modern war ?

MattThomas08
07-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Can I use my rotary phone to play Crime City or is it touch tone phones only?

potvin
07-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Can I use my rotary phone to play Crime City or is it touch tone phones only?

You can still make rotary phones to make phone calls... so that analogy is pretty worthless