PDA

View Full Version : Where I See This Game Heading...

BigRob
07-04-2013, 07:25 AM
IMO, Crime City is in a downward spiral. The cost to maintain a Top 10, 25, 50, or any rank team for that matter, is rising monumentally with every passing war. If this trend continues, I see a few courses of action in the future:

1) Many players will quit, unable to keep up with rising costs to continue participating in these wars, leading to the eventual downfall of this game

2) Many top ranked syndicates will begin coordinating with each other to minimize spending and assure specific ranks each war, limiting GREE's income and leading the to eventual downfall of this game.

3) GREE will either reduce costs of wars (which will eventually bring us back to where we are now, in reality only prolonging their own demise in exchange for more of our money) or eliminate them all together, and being unable to accommodate players needs with their limited imagination of events, will lead to the eventual downfall of this game.

4) GREE simply gives up, realizing that this game is on a downward spiral toward destruction, and just tries to milk us of every penny they can, leading to the eventual downfall of this game.

If anyone has any opinion on my speculation, I would love to hear it. I've felt for months now that this game was coming to a fast end, but I would hate to see it...I encourage anyone with ideas to prolong this game as long as possible to voice their opinions in hopes that GREE will realize what's happening and figure out a way to correct this inevitable downfall. I love this game, and I would hate to see it fade away due to inflation...

Chica
07-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Gree the next zynga.

the_brein
07-04-2013, 07:30 AM
4) GREE simply gives up, realizing that this game is on a downward spiral toward destruction, and just tries to milk us of every penny they can, leading to the eventual downfall

Gree giving up is gree selling the game to another developer. They wouldn't just shut it down. This game will be around for many years.

Dipstik
07-04-2013, 07:34 AM
I like how the first sign of the apocalypse in your opinion is that it's getting more expensive to compete in the top syndicates. That's a sign that the game is more popular and making more money, not that it's dying. Quit your whining.

BigRob
07-04-2013, 07:46 AM
I like how the first sign of the apocalypse in your opinion is that it's getting more expensive to compete in the top syndicates. That's a sign that the game is more popular and making more money, not that it's dying. Quit your whining.

Haha, I was waiting for Dipsticks view :) To clarify, I'm not "whining" per say, simply offering a speculation of direction in my opinion :) your retaliation is expected lol, but I would like to note that this was meant as a serious thread and would hate for it be closed to due to excessive trolling...though I presume that comment will instead attract the trolls...=/

Tommy Two Toes
07-04-2013, 07:46 AM
I saw the title of this thread, and didn't expect words (which I didn't read). I just expected this:

http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/images/uploads/3-27--hotel-open-toilet.jpg

Dipstik
07-04-2013, 07:47 AM
"I'm not whining, I'm just offering a speculation of direction in my opinion"... aka, whining.

c00guy
07-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Just to understand this better, does it take more gold to maintain your syndicate's rank now? IMO I don't think so

the_brein
07-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Just to understand this better, does it take more gold to maintain your syndicate's rank now? IMO I don't think sotop 500 battles are just as intense as top ten battles! Same amount of gold needed to maintain our spot while still growing and advancing.

Same amount being zero gold! Op could challenge himself by joining a free syndicate to see how far he could push it without gold!

K-Dawg
07-04-2013, 08:02 AM
IMO, Crime City is in a downward spiral. The cost to maintain a Top 10, 25, 50, or any rank team for that matter, is rising monumentally with every passing war. If this trend continues, I see a few courses of action in the future:

1) Many players will quit, unable to keep up with rising costs to continue participating in these wars, leading to the eventual downfall of this game

2) Many top ranked syndicates will begin coordinating with each other to minimize spending and assure specific ranks each war, limiting GREE's income and leading the to eventual downfall of this game.

3) GREE will either reduce costs of wars (which will eventually bring us back to where we are now, in reality only prolonging their own demise in exchange for more of our money) or eliminate them all together, and being unable to accommodate players needs with their limited imagination of events, will lead to the eventual downfall of this game.

4) GREE simply gives up, realizing that this game is on a downward spiral toward destruction, and just tries to milk us of every penny they can, leading to the eventual downfall of this game.

1. That means the game is doing great and lets them come up with new ideas for us to spend money, not magically go to crap out of nowhere.

2. We've already tried this (twice) and it has become clear that people's "need" to be at the top will always outweigh what some would call common sense.

3. Wars are their cash cow so why in the world would they ever remove them anytime in the remotely near future. Plus they've come up with numerous other ways for us to spend our gold other than wars.

4. As someone said before, GREE won't just throw in the towel and delete the game, they'll sell it to someone else and they'll potentially make it better. In case you haven't noticed though Crime City and Modern War are still one of the worlds top grossing apps so despite what people may think about this game coming to an end i promise you it will be here for quite some time.

Sandukan
07-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Expect the unexpected.

mikkobaby
07-04-2013, 08:25 AM
No idea why some would feel that this is a whinning/useless topic. It's a matter of fact that this game is beginning to be expensive to keep up with. BigRob is merely stating his views on recent events happening.

PS: This topic is purely for open discussion & voicing out relevant ideas. Afterall that's what a forum is meant for. :)

K-Dawg
07-04-2013, 08:51 AM
No idea why some would feel that this is a whinning/useless topic. It's a matter of fact that this game is beginning to be expensive to keep up with. BigRob is merely stating his views on recent events happening.

PS: This topic is purely for open discussion & voicing out relevant ideas. Afterall that's what a forum is meant for. :)

Expensive for you maybe.

Bala82
07-04-2013, 08:55 AM
If they sell this game who would buy it ?

The future of this game is really up to people who play it i.e until the game become unplayable in sense you can't even load the game on an old device not everyone can afford new tablets.

Speaking on MW there 4 day brawler event going on right now and that just ridiculous and i have feeling next will be a whole week . Forget about wars. :(. I bet last week they raked in loads of money during brawler event.

mitchee
07-04-2013, 08:59 AM
5 months ago if you decided to boycott syndicates I'd have said that you'd be severely handicapping your ability to keep up with the game. Back then there were limited events no ltq no le buildings etc, with all that a player can decide what not to participate in based on your player characteristics and still maintain your relative "ranking" in the game. personally my syndicate has been top 500 in every war, we barely made it last war. The truth is that what it takes and what it costs to even stay top 500 is not really worth the time and gold, it is fun and I love the comradery but it's 3 days of gree owning me. Personally I can make far more from other events then from syndicate battles, and thats the point gree is giving players options on player styles, it would be far worse if the only way to increase your stats was to participate in syndicates. Profit wise it would be better for every player to buy a vault a month then have 100 players by 20 vaults, and that what gree is trying to get us to.

dresden
07-04-2013, 09:12 AM
What I see happening is the current events could start a segregation of (more then exists now) of the top or stronger players, including those that frequent the use of gold, from those weaker or less active players. The game has/is changing and change will continue. Times will dictate how much people play/pay for the the game and thus the people at "the top" could change too. As long as there is a goal that has not been reached, this game will be played and at times with extreme prejudice. Onward/upward folks.

Bala82
07-04-2013, 09:14 AM
As someone who has boycott wars last week Gree hooked me into brawler event

wa7sh the second
07-04-2013, 09:15 AM
none of what u said is gona happen.

K-Dawg
07-04-2013, 09:17 AM
The truth is that what it takes and what it costs to even stay top 500 is not really worth the time and gold, it is fun and I love the comradery but it's 3 days of gree owning me. Personally I can make far more from other events then from syndicate battles, and thats the point gree is giving players options on player styles, it would be far worse if the only way to increase your stats was to participate in syndicates. Profit wise it would be better for every player to buy a vault a month then have 100 players by 20 vaults, and that what gree is trying to get us to.

I'm sorry, i don't know what syndicate your in but you can achieve top 250 for absolutely free with little effort, top 150-100 if you got really good participation. Also when it comes to war prizes, of course your not going to get a decent stat boost from wars when your only in Top 500, idk what the boosts are like there but you get about +20k stat boost from top 25 and up (sometimes even top 50 depending on the modifiers) which is just about the same boost the other LTQ's give you, the only difference being that wars are theoretically a lot cheaper than trying to upgrade a building 10 times or completing 14,000xp worth of odd jobs.

If you honestly feel that strapped for dough as long as you're active you can join one of many gold free syndicates that place top 250 or better, NGF is a good one.

GU7 F4WK3S
07-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Gree/CC already choose their path. It's one that involves little imagination, metrics-led design and a long-term flat business forced to add gambling for spice. If what you're looking hoping for is emergent gameplay, sophisticated mechanics, learning and so on, you need to go elsewhere.

You can win this game one of two ways; by quitting or having fun. The having fun part involves switching off your brain and going numb.

BigRob
07-04-2013, 09:49 AM
I truly appreciate all the excellent insights I'm hearing in this thread. This is what I was hoping for, an intelligent discussion of opinions that can help shape mine and others views on the direction of this game :) Thank you all, I've already had some altered views based on what I've heard.

Django
07-04-2013, 09:57 AM
My syndicate No Gold Forever,consistantly placed between top 100 and 150 every war with not a single penny spent.Much more gratifying,especially as there are syndicates finishing below us spending a fortune!

Dipstik
07-04-2013, 10:04 AM
I truly appreciate all the excellent insights I'm hearing in this thread. This is what I was hoping for, an intelligent discussion of opinions that can help shape mine and others views on the direction of this game :) Thank you all, I've already had some altered views based on what I've heard.

Your thoughts are inane, and you're not looking for discussion... you're looking for a support group. You're upset with the direction the game is going, but by all indication it's still remarkably successful. Your experience is not universal. Get over it and keep playing or quit, but you're not going to start some sort of "movement" that will get the game changed to fit your expectations. All you're going to get is a few more whiners that might agree with you but are still just whiners on an internet forum.

Ask roscoe how much that helps.

BigMoney
07-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Just to understand this better, does it take more gold to maintain your syndicate's rank now? IMO I don't think so

IMO, seems to vary based on the length of time between wars, but the last war was significantly more expensive to maintain your place.

Red Light District:
1 FIGHT CLUB 30138032
2 Indian Nation™ 27540592
3 Rogues Gallery 24597619
10 Original Gangster Killaz 18743908
25 Broadway Blues 9148001
50 Crime City Addiction 5572599
75 Dragon's ghost 4212662
100 CCKkillers 3383226

Docks Under Siege:
1 FIGHT CLUB 29212919
2 Indian Nation™ 24216160
3 Rogues Gallery 24059841
10 Famous When Dead 14182322
25 Crime City Addiction 6823080
50 BrockLee 4813606
75 SWAG BOSSES 6 9 3574978
100 Contract Killers United 2894051

1st, 2nd, and 3rd are relatively unchanged, but 10th place went up 4.5mil IP (32% increase), 25th place went up 2.3mil IP (34% increase), 50th went up 800k IP (16%), 75th went up 637k IP (17% increase), and 100th went up 489k IP (17% increase).

Before Docks was Chinatown, which was the cheapest in recent history, and before that was Packer Heights, which was about on par with Docks.

Tommy Two Toes
07-04-2013, 10:43 AM
My syndicate No Gold Forever,consistantly placed between top 100 and 150 every war with not a single penny spent.Much more gratifying,especially as there are syndicates finishing below us spending a fortune!

http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/images/uploads/3-27--hotel-open-toilet.jpg
We both know that's not true.

Antheus
07-04-2013, 11:27 AM
emergent gameplay, sophisticated mechanics, learning and so on

Would you please elaborate !
Is there an alternative in the App Store ?...
Is there a better game than CC ? ...same genre...

Dipstik
07-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Would you please elaborate !
Is there an alternative in the App Store ?...
Is there a better game than CC ? ...same genre...

Try asking on a forum not owned and run by the owners of Crime City. Sheesh.

SmokeEater
07-04-2013, 11:43 AM

If anyone has any opinion on my speculation, I would love to hear it. I've felt for months now that this game was coming to a fast end, but I would hate to see it...I encourage anyone with ideas to prolong this game as long as possible to voice their opinions in hopes that GREE will realize what's happening and figure out a way to correct this inevitable downfall. I love this game, and I would hate to see it fade away due to inflation...

There is one change you need to make to this insightful post. Please replace all references to GREE by name with GREEd and you will have your answer.

Dipstik
07-04-2013, 11:48 AM
There is one change you need to make to this insightful post. Please replace all references to GREE by name with GREEd and you will have your answer.

Is this the sort of insightful response you were hoping to elicit, OP? :)

Antheus
07-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Try asking on a forum not owned and run by the owners of Crime City. Sheesh.

My post was pure flattery.

(brb....gold is coming my way...)

Dipstik
07-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Sorry... when you get used to dealing with idiots 90% of the time, sometimes you start to mistake sarcasm for genuine stupidity.

Antheus
07-04-2013, 11:59 AM
......you witty, witty, witty.......🍪

Molokini420
07-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm with you BR. I've played this game for almost two years, and have spent about $1500 in the past 3 months. I'm done. Gree's incompetence and lack of respect for it's dedicated players finally got to me. I'll continue to play, but I'm never putting another one of my dollars into Gree's corrupted and ethically bankrupt corporation. I'm already having more fun playing since I stopped spending gold.

hawkeye_9
07-04-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm with you BR. I've played this game for almost two years, and have spent about $1500 in the past 3 months. I'm done. Gree's incompetence and lack of respect for it's dedicated players finally got to me. I'll continue to play, but I'm never putting another one of my dollars into Gree's corrupted and ethically bankrupt corporation. I'm already having more fun playing since I stopped spending gold.

That's a tad harsh, don't you think?

Sirius
07-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi Folks,

I appreciate the feedback from a lot of the postings in this thread. I'll be passing this to our teams to look over, consider and improve upon.

That being the case, I'm closing the thread before it turns further into a bash this person etc.

/closed

~Sirius