PDA

View Full Version : Mono vs Dual Element

overcire
07-03-2013, 09:46 PM
There has been a lot of discussion about what makes armor good vs bad.

A simple start to this argument would be based on stats alone. If two sets of armors have the same elements and they have the same sum of attack + defence one armor could be better than the other.

The most likely best case scenario is when the product is the highest, so if att = def.

(to you math nerds out there, did the guild bonus tip this one way or another? is it now better to have more attack, so guild bonus does more base help, or more defense so that after bonuses att = def?)

That aside was just to point out that although this is a very basic game the concepts are pretty tricky. Also, if some one is actually arguing about this (looking at you Reistmar and Leida) they probably have a pretty good idea about what they are talking about, but because this is the internet they have no desire to see it from your point of view.

In arena you go second! Defence is more important than attack. If you do not know what you are up against, the opponent is player code and who has time or patience to look too closely at that, every element is the same. [forget statistics or recent boss armours or any of that other stuff you swear by] By having one element you are only opening yourself up to one weakness on that first attack.

tl;dr p1 For arena, imo, afaik, one element > two elements spread > two elements together

For epic bosses, and these, imo, are way more interesting than arena, you KNOW what you are up against. One element is never an advantage. If the boss has the right spread elements it can be equal to the dual element armors that give no advantage, but if the boss has two close elements then there is an armour much better

tl;dr p2 For Epic boss two elements together > other kinds

Also: I am wrong a lot! And I would love to hear why I am wrong this time.

Raistmar
07-03-2013, 09:58 PM
With high enough guild bonus I can beat almost every first armor as long as there is no 2x advantage over my armor. I can still come out on top if that particular armor is not worn by the main knight. So that's why I'm saying you lose out more having a mono on your arena as I have found a setup that would work against any mono elemental armor there is. This is with the guild bonus.

Edit: removed some content. I'm gonna discuss this again if someone else bring this up. If not a lot of people notice this, more the better for me lol.

Edit2: I'd just like to point that before the guild bonus was added reg bkal was king in the arena. If you can find a work around that armor now you pretty much solve the problem of coming up against a mono in your opponent setup. And then realize how constricting it is.