PDA

View Full Version : Protection against in-game purchased cash

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Hello,

If a player should purchase a vault of cash, there is a good chance you could get robbed before you have used it on anything.

Also, you would lose 10% right away if you did have time to bank it all!

I feel that there should be some kind of protection or time limit before this cash can be robbed from a player?

Anyone else feel this way???

Personally, I would rather spend my real hard earned cash on gold rather than game cash but that's just me.

wa7sh the second
07-03-2013, 10:59 AM
if u have cash in hand and u have crime city open u cant lose cash unless u do an action such an upgrade and someone has already attacked u. works for me.

BigMoney
07-03-2013, 11:36 AM
GREE says to bank the cash.

Edit: I misunderstood the post, thought he was trying to protect accidentally purchased vaults.

If your IPH isn't high enough to support no banking ($1.5mil) you'd probably be better off not buying a vault of cash until you needed it. But that's an awful deal to buy a vault of cash when your IPH is that low, IMO.

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 11:44 AM
if u have cash in hand and u have crime city open u cant lose cash unless u do an action such an upgrade and someone has already attacked u. works for me.

I just think this is an oversight by Gree (if it is at all an error/oversight).

Not talking about value for money or reasons for buying cash over gold etc, just there should be some protection incase it gets robbed.

@was7sh, are you saying whilst you have the game open after purchasing a vault of cash that this can't then be robbed from you?

Tommy Two Toes
07-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Depending on your level, and the amount of cash you have on hand, it probably isn't worth banking. At level 100 or so, the most anyone can take you for in an attack is $300k, every 2 hours. Surely, you'd be able to replace that quickly, with whatever you are investing in.

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 11:46 AM
GREE says to bank the cash.

Edit: I misunderstood the post, thought he was trying to protect accidentally purchased vaults.

If your IPH isn't high enough to support no banking ($1.5mil) you'd probably be better off not buying a vault of cash until you needed it. But that's an awful deal to buy a vault of cash when your IPH is that low, IMO.

Agreed :) I know that CC uses a ratio system for the cash purchase.

Nice battle points :)

Nearly hit 100k in CC and 65k in MW. Hard supporting both games real money gold wise :D

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Depending on your level, and the amount of cash you have on hand, it probably isn't worth banking. At level 100 or so, the most anyone can take you for in an attack is $300k, every 2 hours. Surely, you'd be able to replace that quickly, with whatever you are investing in.

What say you bought a vault of cash and had say $30M on you - that would hurt if you got hit a few times surely?

Tommy Two Toes
07-03-2013, 12:02 PM
What say you bought a vault of cash and had say $30M on you - that would hurt if you got hit a few times surely?

This isn't a really compelling argument for me. I rarely get stalked, but I guess it's possible. At any rate, the most you can lose is the most you can lose.

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 01:06 PM
This isn't a really compelling argument for me. I rarely get stalked, but I guess it's possible. At any rate, the most you can lose is the most you can lose.

What is the percentage rate you can lose then per attack please Tommy? (save me checking the forums).

BigMoney
07-03-2013, 04:28 PM
What is the percentage rate you can lose then per attack please Tommy? (save me checking the forums).

It's 10% of the cash you have on hand for each attack, with a cap at $30k per attack.

Tommy Two Toes
07-03-2013, 07:12 PM
It's 10% of the cash you have on hand for each attack, with a cap at $30k per attack.

^This. I only used $300k earlier, since the maximum number of times you can lose to an attack at my level is ten. Then it gives would-be attackers the "too beat up" message.

Worth noting that people who attack for cash, rarely seek you out again, unless you hit them back. There are plenty of rivals on my list who have more than $3MM on hand, and I could take $300k from almost every one of them, if I had the time/motivation/bullets/need.

BigMoney
07-04-2013, 01:26 AM
^This. I only used $300k earlier, since the maximum number of times you can lose to an attack at my level is ten. Then it gives would-be attackers the "too beat up" message.

Worth noting that people who attack for cash, rarely seek you out again, unless you hit them back. There are plenty of rivals on my list who have more than $3MM on hand, and I could take $300k from almost every one of them, if I had the time/motivation/bullets/need.

This probably depends on what level you're on. At really low levels, a camper could probably take your money, but wouldn't due to the XP. At level 150, someone could seek you out, but there's probably enough money buildings that would be a better use of the stamina (though maybe not, depending on your attack/etc). At really high levels, XP makes no difference, they're not going to level up out of your range, and probably could stalk someone 24/7 if they wanted to without worrying about anything.

Edit: by the way, I just attacked your brother, Tony Two Toes.

bald zeemer
07-04-2013, 01:52 AM
I simply don't understand why you'd ever buy in-game cash that you weren't about to use immediately.

Tommy Two Toes
07-04-2013, 06:59 AM
by the way, I just attacked your brother, Tony Two Toes.

ROFL

(extras)