PDA

View Full Version : Important update regarding your alliance!

Sirius
07-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Important update regarding your alliance!

Hi everyone,

We wanted to send a quick message to you all regarding a fix we are going to be pushing out that will fix a bug in the game.

We are fixing a bug in some of the code dealing with alliance size. This bug could allow people to display having more alliance members than they actually have, which could also cause inflated stats. This was causing a lot of other little bugs as well. Keep in mind that the cap is at 500 alliance (when you hit level 100). This is how the game has always worked. This will not affect those of you who have modifier items that give you +5 alliance , +3 alliance , etc.

If you currently have more than 1000 allies, the extras will be removed. No real people will be removed, but grunts will be. If you have 500 real people and 500 grunts , the grunts will be removed. If you have over 1000 real people, nobody will be removed, but only 500 count towards your stats. If you have under 500 allies, there is no change. As stats are related to alliance size, that means that for some players who had an inaccurately high alliance size, stats will likely be reduced. This may not happen until the game needs to calculate your stats, so try attacking someone first to see the changes. Keep in mind that this is only a display issue - your stats have always been calculated in the same way when determining battle resolution, regardless of inflated allies.

This change will also mean more transparency when finding targets to attack and raid. However, please keep in mind that skill points are and have always been a factor, so looking at someone's stats to see if you can beat them or not isn't always as cut and dry as it seems. Skill points are NOT displayed in your overall stats, nor your opponents. They are also not displayed after battle resolution. Also, if the other player has a modifier item that changes alliance size (either yours or theirs), this is NOT displayed in their profile stats, but will be shown after an attempted attack or raid is made.

We think the amount of affected players will be relatively small, but we wanted to message this to our players first to let you know about the change and why we are making it. We apologize for any frustration this causes, as we know players work hard to improve their stats, and any decreases can be very disappointing. More importantly, however, we also want to make sure we are fostering a fun and fair game experience for our players, and we believe this fix will help do that.

Thanks for your ongoing support and patience as we work to improve the game!

JohnnyR
07-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Interesting development, thanks for keeping us in the loop Sirius.

Rade
07-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Although this doesn't affect me, I am still happy to see that Gree is detecting issues and working on them.

atretes1
07-02-2013, 06:24 PM

Hi everyone,

We wanted to send a quick message to you all regarding a fix we are going to be pushing out that will fix a bug in the game.

We are fixing a bug in some of the code dealing with alliance size. This bug could allow people to display having more alliance members than they actually have, which could also cause inflated stats. This was causing a lot of other little bugs as well. Keep in mind that the cap is at 500 alliance (when you hit level 100). This is how the game has always worked. This will not affect those of you who have modifier items that give you +5 alliance , +3 alliance , etc.

If you currently have more than 1000 allies, the extras will be removed. No real people will be removed, but grunts will be. If you have 500 real people and 500 grunts , the grunts will be removed. If you have over 1000 real people, nobody will be removed, but only 500 count towards your stats. If you have under 500 allies, there is no change. As stats are related to alliance size, that means that for some players who had an inaccurately high alliance size, stats will likely be reduced. This may not happen until the game needs to calculate your stats, so try attacking someone first to see the changes. Keep in mind that this is only a display issue - your stats have always been calculated in the same way when determining battle resolution, regardless of inflated allies.

This change will also mean more transparency when finding targets to attack and raid. However, please keep in mind that skill points are and have always been a factor, so looking at someone's stats to see if you can beat them or not isn't always as cut and dry as it seems. Skill points are NOT displayed in your overall stats, nor your opponents. They are also not displayed after battle resolution. Also, if the other player has a modifier item that changes alliance size (either yours or theirs), this is NOT displayed in their profile stats, but will be shown after an attempted attack or raid is made.

We think the amount of affected players will be relatively small, but we wanted to message this to our players first to let you know about the change and why we are making it. We apologize for any frustration this causes, as we know players work hard to improve their stats, and any decreases can be very disappointing. More importantly, however, we also want to make sure we are fostering a fun and fair game experience for our players, and we believe this fix will help do that.

On a different note but stat related can u tell me why the battle stats for android fluctuate and it does not for IOS. Can you not make it so that android is the same? Also when is the android boosted stat display going to be fixed we have no idea what our true stats are form our profile display and I am talking with allies 500 or under.

DFI
07-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Thanks Sirius, can you also clarify when this is being pushed out, including the fix for the boost items received from the last battle? Many thanks.

JimmyThePick
07-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Apperciate the heads-up Sirius.

Wai
07-02-2013, 08:11 PM
I cant reduce allies any further. I am over 500 but less than 1,000. I hate gaining the grunt as a perverse reward. I only have grunts that I can't delete. It would be nice to have some real allies.

GP1
07-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Is there any reason the large fluctuation between android vs iOS stats are still "outta wack" so to speak? Also, losing against rivals with 20,000-40,000 less defense than one's attack is not within reason. I would like to see that get fixed as well as the difference in Android vs iOS.

marklinalexanderho
07-03-2013, 12:47 AM
ty so much for the update!! appreciate it guys cheers =)))

keeskiller
07-03-2013, 06:10 AM
the grunts that you are talking about that are your henchmen or what? I got them by opening a box (maffia) or by completing a energymissionland 5 times??

MoD
07-03-2013, 06:32 AM
thank you sirius. decent way of informing.

Roscoe782
07-03-2013, 06:44 AM
On a different note but stat related can u tell me why the battle stats for android fluctuate and it does not for IOS. Can you not make it so that android is the same? Also when is the android boosted stat display going to be fixed we have no idea what our true stats are form our profile display and I am talking with allies 500 or under.

This is a good question. During Poland, my toon, who has an attack of 80K by profile view, would drop as far as 58k during attacks and the variation from attack to attack was huge! I didn't risk hitting anybody scouted at over 55k. Its kinda ridiculous considering.

keeskiller
07-03-2013, 07:23 AM
This is a good question. During Poland, my toon, who has an attack of 80K by profile view, would drop as far as 58k during attacks and the variation from attack to attack was huge! I didn't risk hitting anybody scouted at over 55k. Its kinda ridiculous considering.

yes i have the same my profile says i have 174k attack and my attack drops to even 100k but mostly it will swing about 110-120... (also andriod)

SGT Rud
07-03-2013, 11:46 AM
If you are now at 500 allies exactly, (now that you have removed a bunch of grunts), lets say one of my allies decides to remove me for some reason, am I now at 499, or will I get one of the gunts back? This is the reason I went over the limit of 500.

Is there a way to tell, (except for counting), to tell how many allies you have vs grunts? Would be nice to know.

chey
07-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the update. I had 503 allies and watched them drop to 471. I hope that was in re: the bug fix you were referring to. Otherwise that was just freaky! :)

Philly982
07-03-2013, 12:31 PM
If you are now at 500 allies exactly, (now that you have removed a bunch of grunts), lets say one of my allies decides to remove me for some reason, am I now at 499, or will I get one of the gunts back? This is the reason I went over the limit of 500.

Is there a way to tell, (except for counting), to tell how many allies you have vs grunts? Would be nice to know.

SGT Rud.....if you go to your ally list and scroll to the bottom where it says "Load More Alliance Members..." it will also state your total allies and henchmen as "### Total, ## Henchmen". At least it does this on my Android.

Dixie_Boy
07-03-2013, 12:55 PM
All of our faction members dropped to 500 allies. Then when someone went to add another ally they dropped from 500 to 70 allies (along with the corresponding stats drop).

tmc1976
07-03-2013, 01:02 PM
In game name is Todd and my id is 187479951.I went from 500 allies to 81.....there is no way this is right.my Aa went from 872K to 376k and my ad went from 874k to 425k.PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!

keeskiller
07-03-2013, 02:21 PM
wow really sow many down?? :O I had like 521 and now pretty nice on 500?? No bug what so ever?

keeskiller
07-03-2013, 02:22 PM
question (sorry for spam) i have now 500 allies, if i keep adding people, it has no use i know, but than my allie count will be 501/502.... ???

Bobar
07-03-2013, 02:52 PM
i collected almost 3000 allies cause i just liked having so many, knowing just 500 Count. they are all gone. and though it was saíd they will Keep in the list, they didn´t. i have 500 allies know, teammembers kicked out and many others i would have liked to Keep if i was told to reduce to 500.

the only good Thing is that gree starts to inform. please Keep it up that way

General Nu
07-03-2013, 02:56 PM
I just logged on and only have 21 allies! I have been playing this game for months and all that are showing are my grunts. Is this related to this "fix"???

chey
07-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Todd I added you... i hope that helps

Michael1989
07-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Had around 1500 allies, I understand that im 1000 over the needed limit but ive lost half my faction. My stats havent changed but How have you worked out what allies to bin from my list?

piercedtoy20
07-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Were as thisndid effect me because I had over 500 real allies and had a issue starting the other day where I could only see 23 of the y00 allies now I only have 55 allies after adding 3 allies since the push that deleted all my real allies that was not inflated . That I spent hours on adding numbers to get allies . Just shows how gree can do what they want and claim its a bug or glitch and scdew players over. If mine is not fixed by gree I will be deleting the game. I have put up with the glitches and bugs for a year and attributed it to the game growing when they start messing with allies that took hours and weeks to get I can not attributs it to a glitch or bug. We'll see if gree will fix my issue.

tmc1976
07-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks for adding me chey! I have now spent 20 gold trying to get back to 500.....hope gree fixes this and refunds me!

piercedtoy20
07-03-2013, 04:05 PM
So this is another way gree screws there long time players. By claiming that they have inflated allies and deleting them.

Dog01
07-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Will I we be remembered for the gold that was spent without reliezing this was a problem?

Dragon11216
07-03-2013, 04:48 PM
What happens the level three map reward? It's suppose to be a grunt. What will replace it? Also what about the gold I used to VIP and get my allies up?

Sirius
07-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Greetings Folks,

We know some folks are having issues and concerns. We are fully investigating them and will sort things out so everyone please have some patience in this matter.

~Sirius

piercedtoy20
07-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Sirius

Are we going to be compensated for units lost, and rewards losts from the individual bonuses we would have gotten in the tournament

fils
07-03-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm finally able again to visit my allies bases without freezing the game!! Thanks Sirius :)

CJ54
07-03-2013, 05:58 PM
i collected almost 3000 allies cause i just liked having so many, knowing just 500 Count. they are all gone. and though it was saíd they will Keep in the list, they didn´t. i have 500 allies know, teammembers kicked out and many others i would have liked to Keep if i was told to reduce to 500.

the only good Thing is that gree starts to inform. please Keep it up that way

It was actually impossible before the change to go up above 1000 (it would just break and start making the number on your profile go up, but people wouldn't actually be added to your allies page). If you go to your allies list, you should still see everyone there that was there before the change.

piercedtoy20
07-03-2013, 06:14 PM
So your saying that the game has been glitched the whole time. And now we pay for gree mess up in the game I had over 1300 allies and yes 1300 I counted them all in my allies list it would take forever to get to a buddy that was first on the list. Just another excuse, thats all im hearing. And I know I had a lot of henchmen that I no longer had which is fine if I had all my allies that took weeks if not months to get. What excuse do we have now.

piercedtoy20
07-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Ban me I know its coming over my last comment. It will be gree's way of proving that they messed up and dont know how to fix there goof of deleting everybodies allies.

piercedtoy20
07-03-2013, 06:18 PM
If I wouldnt lose all my buildings I've bought and units bought and won id reinstall my player from my backup but I wouldnt be reinstated with my buildings or units. That would be another headache that gree would not know how to fix in there game. I should do it just to prove to gree I had over 500 allies.

piercedtoy20
07-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Sirius heres a good question to answer for us since its apparant that wee need to re add all our allies is gree just going to delete them again claiming that our ally count is not accurate its takes quite some time adding all them numbers. Am I very fustrated and mad right now yes I am. So before I start adding all them numbers I just want to know how gree is going to say that they are inflamed allies count I have 2 players and it only affected one player. So can you explain to me why I would have 498 allies in my second player but only have 52 in my player I've had for a year now . It dont seem to make since that id only have 52nallies in my player of a year but the player I started less than 4 months ago have 498 allies if I didnt know allies was important.

GunnarE12
07-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Everyone saying thanks for the heads up??? Are you kidding me!!! How about refunding my gold that I've invested to get VIP status to get over 1000 allies that now is 500... People invested time and money to build their alliance and at the push of a button Gree changes it and just puts out a thread and everyones ok with it??? NOT GOOD BUSINESS... How about a little kick back to the people that have invested REAL money into the game instead of a crap apology!!! That and 2.50$ will get you a cup of coffee at dunkin donuts!!! Do the right thing Gree

thunder
07-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Why will you remove grunts that people paid for 17 gold, or they won the grunt? This makes no sense

piercedtoy20
07-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Everyone saying thanks for the heads up??? Are you kidding me!!! How about refunding my gold that I've invested to get VIP status to get over 1000 allies that now is 500... People invested time and money to build their alliance and at the push of a button Gree changes it and just puts out a thread and everyones ok with it??? NOT GOOD BUSINESS... How about a little kick back to the people that have invested REAL money into the game instead of a crap apology!!! That and 2.50$ will get you a cup of coffee at dunkin donuts!!! Do the right thing Gree

Here here man I agree I think gree should be held accountable and apologize to their long time players I mean the excuse they give inflamed allies count it took me and a lot of other players a long time to get our allies up to 500 just to have gree erease it allcsith a push of a button. Gree math 500-1=52

Dangerous Dad
07-03-2013, 08:44 PM
This isn't a heads up - its a cop out.
How about refunding all the gold that I've invested to build myself up, grow allies and fight in this game.
Many of us have invested time and money to build our alliance and at the push of a button Gree changes it and just hopes we won't care!!!
My ally count got cut to under 300 in a split second and Im not interested in building that back up to 500 with gold and I'm missing out big time now without these allies. I'm matched against small opponents, I can't find anything decent to raid, and can't pick up more than 80 battle points a hit.
IF YOU HAD A SHOPFRONT, IT WOULD BE CROWDED WITH ANGRY CUSTOMERS DEMANDING A REFUND

Please do the right thing Gree and support those that support you.
I've been playing for over a year and losing all faith in your customer service techniques.

General Nu
07-03-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm wondering if this is all related to the bug that added one Allie when you pressed the "add all" button despite having multiple Allie requests. I called it to gree's attention and they told me through a support ticket not to worry about it because noting over 500 allies mattered. I had way more allies then what my profile showed because of this glitch. I always hit add all. And to show up and be left with 21 allies! Pretty sure I added more then 21 allies in the 7 months I have been playing. I think of all the time that I spent typing in codes when I first started. I'm lucky because I have not added anyone in months but kept all request. After an hour I was back to 500. Or maybe these are not real either??? Some BS right there.

Okie
07-03-2013, 11:13 PM
I just went from 498 allies to 113, how do you explain that? How and when are you going to fix that?

JohnnyR
07-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Despite everyone using the grunt as the but of jokes and brunt of abuse back in the day, these were actually useful in padding the ally number without having to scroll through the extra allies one would have added otherwise. Having 50 grunts makes it so there are 50 less names to scroll through to get to friends. Biggest problem with grunts was the magical property of being impossible to remove. Clusterfck all the way around, hve fun with this GREE. Apologies to hapless victims....

piercedtoy20
07-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Okie they aint going to all the fime it took you to add them caused you to have inflamed allies it dont matter if you have been playing for a day or a year you had inflamed allies so they deleted all your allies or most of them. Probably if you had wasted time visiting there base they figured they was inflamed allies. I went from 500 to 52 allies . I am still very irritated about that . It cause you to miss out on the tournament and you faction suffers as well but will gree do anything about that no its your fault for having so many allies oh wait you didnt haave them allies they were imaginary you didnt waste any time putting in all those numbers.

tomstenson
07-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Something didn't work right with this update. I was sitting on 500 Allies, and when I went to accept an Ally Request from a friend, my Allies dropped from 500 to 174 in 20 seconds. This is a major malfunction.

BlackSheep
07-04-2013, 02:34 AM
Had 498 allies when I went to bed and 108 when I got up!! Thought you were fine if you had 500 allies or less! Now the list that I have to choose from in raiding/pvping is garbage and can't get any worthwhile points for the Faction Tournament!!! As sure as I start adding allies again GREE will revert and I'll have more than I want again and have to start the arduous delete process!! Just like the skill point variable, GREE wants you always guessing it seems! Just pitiful!!

carl9764
07-04-2013, 02:39 AM
Cheers Sirius for the info glad to hear you are on it to fix

krabbie
07-04-2013, 03:56 AM
Nice Cj, I had 498 allies before and now 450... guess something went wrong again...

Blue_Flames
07-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Count yourself lucky, krabble. I went from around 480 to 172. Dropped 30k in stats. Ticket sent.....

MrDenny
07-04-2013, 04:49 AM
I went from thousands to 500.Thanks. Then I deleted the only one showing and went to 22 allies and lost most of my offense and defense numbers and I can't beat anyone.

Hi everyone,

hunter 26
07-04-2013, 06:33 AM

Hi everyone,

Seriously? This "fix" just destroyed my hard earned stats! My attack just dropped 110k, my def dropped 180k, my allies dropped to 48, what is going on? I scoured my base, not one of my boost buildings are damaged. I have spent $1200/war for gold, to support your game. I want my Attack and defense restored immediately, or I am done with this game. I will not sit and add allies, I did that as I started out, this is your issue to fix not mine. I expect this to be resolved in 48 hours, but with interest, as I am losing more by not being able to battle!

piercedtoy20
07-04-2013, 07:21 AM
They wont resolve the issue they dont know how and they dont care about there long time players anymore its all about how much money they can get out of you . They create these issues to get you to spend more money just to create another issue to get you to spend even more money. Compensation what compensation they wont give any for the money you would have raided, battle points you would have gotten, they just dont care about the players anymore its all about how much money they can make.

Palzalus
07-04-2013, 08:30 AM
What's with the gold we spend on getting VIPs ? I lost 50k attack and defense and 975 allies.
You guys really keep ****ing this game up don't change things that are working good.
And to find a target what's worth attacking takes me almost 20 refreshes and still then not really worth it.
I have a social life to u know keep it fun.

Dog01
07-04-2013, 09:12 AM
I hope you do the right thing and reimburse us gold users that spend real money to build our "stats" I really enjoy the game and the people I team up with but not a fan of throwing my hard earned money at a portion of the game that I thought was important. Please make this right so I can continue spending without worry.

Thanks in advance
Dog01

cobra101
07-04-2013, 10:35 AM
My allies dropped from 498 to 271, lost 70k A and 80k D.

Anyway, my code is 663 386 939

Strong level 200+ player, pls add

Blue_Flames
07-04-2013, 12:28 PM
I guess it would make sense to leave my code -- 690.958.790

fragball
07-04-2013, 01:18 PM
added you guys... don't worry, you'll be up in no time :D
btw: my id is 324 622 431

Socks
07-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Just throwing this out there- I just went from 875ish to 43 allies. Whoops.

piercedtoy20
07-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Socks gree is still deleting everyones inflamed ally count with no end or cominsation in site for their mess up as always. If your like the rest of us and took days of adding numbers to get your ally count up your time is worth nothing since you only thought you spent time adding allies that were inflamed. I've gotten my inflated ally count back up over 500 and waiting for gree to delete them again and claim my ally countmwas inflamed and I didnt spend over 8 hrs tjis time adding allies tp get my count back up to 500 from 52. Just gree's way of saying thank you long time players now spend some money so we can do it again.

John 719166364
07-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I just logged on and only have 21 allies! I have been playing this game for months and all that are showing are my grunts. Is this related to this "fix"???

Ditto here. I now have 75 allies!!!

Dragon11216
07-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Not only those issues, seems like they did something us. My game lags all time now.especially after doing a mission

Wai
07-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Gotta love this.

Spent a considerable amount of money building stats.

Now I'm down to under 20 allies and have lost almost 500K in stats.

I cannot find anyone now with better than 45 battle points. The latest PvP is now over for me as a waste of time.

The next boss event should also be effected so I expect that is over before it begins for me.

World Domination is going to be over as I will now be a wonderful WD point scorer for the opposition. If it comes to that in two or so weeks I'm out of the faction and out of the game.

This ally/grunt glitch has been known about for a very long time. They just didn't tell you until recently.

Glitches are now known as 'Greetches'.

The ally 'greetch' we were told only effected a few. No it didn't. It has always effected a very large number of players.

We are now advised that we the players were getting false readings on allies. I expect this is a way of deflecting responsibility away from the Greetch they have known about for a very long time.

It was never a false reading at all. It was accurately counting all the 'Grunts' that you had as a result of a previous game Greetch where your real allies turned into Grunts. That glitch has been known about for months now.

I never criticise like this and am a bit embarrassed doing so, but on this occasion it is just one Greetch too many I'm afraid on top of all the events and WD that is now useless competing in on top of failed support tickets on this very subject that have been around for ages.

So I am not guessing, I do know about the ally mess and have done so for a long time.

And please DO NOT embarrass those effected by giving EVERYONE some generic gold handout.

Mcdoc
07-05-2013, 03:49 AM
Why will you remove grunts that people paid for 17 gold, or they won the grunt? This makes no sense

Does this mean you guys will STOP throwing out a worthless grunt as a prize during the Crate events? please?

And if you ever actually sent 17 gold to buy a grunt (you can add 2 VIP for free every 7 hours) you should be taken out to the shed for a tanning :) and forced to eat tofu burgers for a month :)

Blue_Flames
07-05-2013, 07:02 AM
My ticket WAS responded to. They copied and pasted the current explanation of the bug fix and claim that NO real players were removed from ally lists. That means to have gone from 484 to 172, they had given out over 300 grunts in various situations. That alone shows a problem with the game... Hopefully this is the last we see of this.

Wai
07-05-2013, 07:08 AM
My ticket WAS responded to. They copied and pasted the current explanation of the bug fix and claim that NO real players were removed from ally lists. That means to have gone from 484 to 172, they had given out over 300 grunts in various situations. That alone shows a problem with the game... Hopefully this is the last we see of this.

That's not exactly correct BF.

The glitch occurred originally by exceeding 999 allies. That triggered a bug. No one was warned about that. The bug turned most of your real allies into grunts.

So while it's technically true that only grunts have been removed, those grunts used to be real allies before the bug.

piercedtoy20
07-05-2013, 07:59 AM
If greed was running a real buisness and not a game they would have been out of buisness a log time ago. They have very poor customer sevice and even worse on responding to problems and question asked here and in tickets. I have a ticket in fod over a month with no response to them or generic response from them after 2 wks or so, stating if you are still experiencing difficulty in game let us know. I am just curious how a question about something is experiencing a problem in game . They fail to read the ticket so they just give a generic response to the ticket because they donf want to be troubled with doing there job. I put a ticket in a few weeks ago about not being able to see all my allies and never got respondednto until yesterday with the same generic response if they would have answered the ticket in a timely matter it would be different. And I think I speak for most of the people hurt by this if they would have had good costumer service they would have put out that information a long time ago . But since its just another excuse made by greed I doubt very seriously if its true. People been playing this game well over a year myself included and up till 2 weeks ago I could see all of my 1300+ allies in my ally list, and by that time I had deleted my allies down to well below 999 over 2 months ago and when I did that I couldmstill see all my allies I had left.

BostonHammer
07-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Does this mean you guys will STOP throwing out a worthless grunt as a prize during the Crate events? please?

And if you ever actually sent 17 gold to buy a grunt (you can add 2 VIP for free every 7 hours) you should be taken out to the shed for a tanning :) and forced to eat tofu burgers for a month :)

I'm probably the only person that likes grunts, one less fake ally to have. I hate scrolling through unknown allies to get to someone I want to check out or message. Send me your unwanted grunts!!

SpikeToronto
07-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Is this really just about Gree reducing its computing and storage loads, and nothing more? I feel that none of my allies should have been removed. They all fall under one of the following legitimate groups:

1. Allies made by requesting on other people's walls, or the converse: they requesting on mine
2. Allies made by my entering their number into the add ally field, or the converse: they entering my number
3. Allies added during VIP periods I paid for with gold, or the converse: those who used gold to be VIP listed
4. Increments to my ally count earned by completing missions and other in-game assignments. If you are taking away earned allies, what's next? Taking away earned (i.e., not directly purchases) units?!

Not one of those qualify for ANY unilateral removal on the part of Gree. You removed 60% of my total, which was reduced by 700 allies. I want them back.

I am still owed gold from stackable units earned in previous long-term quests that did not stack as they should have. Please add to that a sufficient gold reimbursement for VIP sessions that you have now effectively neutralized. The combination of the two will permit me to purchase new VIP sessions to restore my legitimate ally count.

Thank you.

dpghost mobile
07-05-2013, 08:53 PM
I have 500 allies, no matter how many people I add, I stay at 500.
On my rivals list, everybody has 500 allies.
You know, now and then I can choose to remove an ally, so I would like to know the true number, as to not remove an ally that will bring me under 500.
Gree, please let us see the true number.
Oh, and let us remove manually the grunts/hatchers or how do you call them

Poppa
07-05-2013, 08:59 PM
I had 840 allies. Now i have 48. Are you going to tell me 790 were fake. I call b.s. what about the gold i used almost 2 years ago i used to get allies? Now my stats are cut in half. What b.s.
p.s. gree are a bunch of f.ing morons. Ban me i dont give a **** i quit. By the way i pulled my last purshase of 3 grand *******s

SPWD
07-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Yep just happened to me to, I only had 500 anyway but now I have 131, and my stats are 100k down on attack and 180k on my defence which like yourself I know I had more real ones because I spent fxcking gold getting them, il put a thread in general too, I've built them back up from the Android bonus multipler problem and just as I'm getting pretty powerfull to cope with the whale zone you do this well fxcking done, and no I won't be buying anymore of your inflated priced gold!

ggoobx4
07-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Went from 510 allies to 28. Stats went more than half down. Here is their response, basically telling me to f-off. Quitting, wont spend anymore time or money on Gree. They really screwed over some of the long time players.

We recently fixed a bug in some of the code dealing with alliance size. We shared the details in advance in our forums. I've included some of the text below.

This bug could allow people to display having more alliance members than they actually have, which could also cause inflated stats. This was causing a lot of other little bugs as well. Keep in mind that the cap is at 500 alliance (when you hit level 100). This is how the game has always worked. This will not affect those of you who have modifier items that give you +5 alliance , +3 alliance , etc.

If you currently have more than 1000 allies, the extras will be removed. No real people will be removed, but phantoms will be. If you have 500 real people and 500 phantoms, the phantoms will be removed. If you have over 1000 real people, nobody will be removed, but only 500 count towards your stats. If you have under 500 allies, there is no change. As stats are related to alliance size, that means that for some players who had an inaccurately high alliance size, stats will likely be reduced. This may not happen until the game needs to calculate your stats, so try attacking someone first to see the changes. Keep in mind that this is only a display issue - your stats have always been calculated in the same way when determining battle resolution, regardless of inflated allies.

We think the amount of affected players will be relatively small. We apologize for any frustration this causes, as we know players work hard to improve their stats, and any decreases can be very disappointing. More importantly, however, we also want to make sure we are fostering a fun and fair game experience for our players, and we believe this fix will help do that.

JohnnyR
07-06-2013, 10:02 PM
CJ, Sirius- quick suggestion to all these people affected and understandably angry- just give 'em 20 or 30 gold to rebuild ally list through the VIP. Maybe get proactive and have a signup here on forum, or in game for those affected. This totally screws with a lot of people and their WD plans....

I am a cow
07-07-2013, 05:24 AM
God damn it gree I needed 505 allies so people didn't drop me now how am I supposed to be secure with 500 allies in WD?

SPWD
07-07-2013, 05:55 AM
You wait till you drop to 150 lol

Apocalyptic
07-07-2013, 06:00 AM
CJ, Sirius- quick suggestion to all these people affected and understandably angry- just give 'em 20 or 30 gold to rebuild ally list through the VIP. Maybe get proactive and have a signup here on forum, or in game for those affected. This totally screws with a lot of people and their WD plans....

A faction mate was offered 100 gold due to the problem. Then the offered gold was taken off the table when they thought the problem was fixed. He's still not getting concrete or receiving units won in pvp.

leonababy386908821
07-07-2013, 08:29 AM
I used to have closed to 2000 allies. I'm lucky that I still have the cap, 500 allies. However, it turns out that I hit my teammate in the same faction that I'm still in his Ally List.

The worst is I didn't know where the friendly allies gone and I didn't receive allianace request afterward. I would call it is the "BUGS".

:mad:

Kane Sickle
07-07-2013, 11:18 AM
I understood the original reduction to 500, but then I was taken to just 59 (the few allies I could access - more quit loading weeks ago; and the grunts). When I questioned the "second" reduction, I got the canned response. Don't have much faith that they'll fix this, so I'm trying to rebuild. If you need an ally who can relate, add me 629 628 798.

SGT Blakerz
07-07-2013, 01:32 PM
I have been getting the same response from them through email. Same thing has happend to me... Had 500 then all of a sudden dropped to 67. Such bull****. I have been playing this game for seven months and have spent a good amount of money/gold on this game and on VIP status alone to get my alliance number up. This is disappointing.

I expect a response from Gree, this is piss poor customer service! Especially since most of us spend a good amount of money on this game! If I do not get any type of fix to this or reimbursement I will be done and will encourage people to do the same. I will also encourage people not to download this game to be scammed. I call bull**** on this "bug".

ggoobx4
07-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Now that I have quit playing your game due to your incompetence, I have free time to post on all the forums I can find about how bad you guys suck. Go ahead and ban me, I will just open new accounts and keep posting, I have time. You obviously do also as your only response to your screw up is the auto email reply telling us to suck it up.
GREE-----Great Reaming Exclusively for Everyone. Should be the new company motto. I won't even charge you for that marketing slogan.

ggoobx4
07-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Selling all my buildings and donating money to my faction before I quit faction. Hope others have fun attacking me. I had to leave command center, they did not give me a choice.

SGT Blakerz
07-07-2013, 02:24 PM
I will be doing the same if I do get a resolution to this. I don't really see them Doing anything about it though. To me this was a ploy to get people to spend money on gold for VIP status to get they alliance back up..

piercedtoy20
07-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Kane same thing happened to me I could only access like 23 allies several weeks ago and sent in a ticket got a reply back day before yesterday that if I was still experiencing in game issues to resubmit ticket, that was after they installed the new bug and deleted my allies down to 52. I have them back up to I guess around 500. I went over 500 then sent them a new ticket and they said they deleted all my henchmen and I had 537 allies and needed to get down to 500. So I deleted 40 allies and it still tells me I have 500 allies and 27 henchmen so what gives. Its there fix to delete allies in the future is what I think. I think they install bugs in the system so they can mess with accounts and stats and blame it on fixing a bug in the system instesd of fixing the real bugs in the system and doing something about the hackers.

Mad irritated disgruntle player

ggoobx4
07-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Here was the reply as they closed my ticket. Glad I sold everything. This would have sealed it for me anyways. I guess I somehow managed to have 480 fake allies that I either got by getting invites from these Ghost, or by spending gold on VIP for players that never really existed. I feel like I am watching a Syfy movie with all this talk of Ghost. Maybe they should make this into a Zombie game since they let me have all of these supposed ghost.

Starting a GREEdy Sucks page on Facebook. Will post a link here when I am done. Place to rant at least. They obviously can care less here.

Your request (#Modern War Issue Report) has been closed. This means that the issue is either solved, or there is a solution in the pipe for that particular issue.

To review, comment and reopen the request, please respond to this e-mail.

Morgan Johannsen, Jul 07 15:24 (PDT):
Hey Martin,

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that you have had this experience. Prior to the Alliance bug fix, the number of Allies displayed on your profile was incorrect. That number included ghosts, paid grunts (additional Allies purchased from the store or won from events), and actual players. The Alliance bug fix removed the ghost players, leaving you with yourself, any paid grunts, and any actual players in your Alliance. Please let me know if you have any further questions on the matter.

Regards,

Morgan

War lord
07-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Gree pls fix this, I'm loosing faction members over this. If this was a problem u should have deleted small amounts of (grunts,ghosts,henchmen or whatever u call them. Pls reply to the people who r having problems w/this issue thx

ggoobx4
07-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks War Lord, you,have been great to play with here. I am gone, all stuff sold and money donated. Even if they fixed it I would be done, won't support a company like this. You should not have to beg to get what's right. G Mac.

War lord
07-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Best of luck to ya Mac

SGT Blakerz
07-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Here was the reply as they closed my ticket. Glad I sold everything. This would have sealed it for me anyways. I guess I somehow managed to have 480 fake allies that I either got by getting invites from these Ghost, or by spending gold on VIP for players that never really existed. I feel like I am watching a Syfy movie with all this talk of Ghost. Maybe they should make this into a Zombie game since they let me have all of these supposed ghost.

Starting a GREEdy Sucks page on Facebook. Will post a link here when I am done. Place to rant at least. They obviously can care less here.

Your request (#Modern War Issue Report) has been closed. This means that the issue is either solved, or there is a solution in the pipe for that particular issue.

To review, comment and reopen the request, please respond to this e-mail.

Morgan Johannsen, Jul 07 15:24 (PDT):
Hey Martin,

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that you have had this experience. Prior to the Alliance bug fix, the number of Allies displayed on your profile was incorrect. That number included ghosts, paid grunts (additional Allies purchased from the store or won from events), and actual players. The Alliance bug fix removed the ghost players, leaving you with yourself, any paid grunts, and any actual players in your Alliance. Please let me know if you have any further questions on the matter.

Regards,

Morgan

They sent me the EXACT same response! This is such bullcrap! I smell a scam!

cage
07-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Sorry, bud, if you were using gold to get VIP status to get more than 500 allies, you were already throwing your money away. You are left with exactly what that gold got you - nothing.

procsyzarc
07-07-2013, 08:54 PM
What about the people who actaully spent 17 gold per grunt just to have them removed?
Since you are effectively saying no one would spend gold on them (otherwise you wouldn't even consider removing them) are you going to remove them from the store and let something else be there for miss clicks?

procsyzarc
07-07-2013, 08:58 PM
I did always wonder about VIP to be honest as it did seem like a load of crap. Ie you buy VIP and sudenly get 30invites in the first 5 minutes and then would get none for the next hour 55. Just doesn't make sense if it was actaully working like it was meant to

Screwloose
07-08-2013, 02:12 AM
I used gold in the first place to get myself up to 500 allies, my list of allies dropped to 500 with the update which I wasn't bothered about and counted myself lucky after reading some of the stories on here. Someone in my faction then asked me to add them as I wasn't on their ally list, which I did, result is I now have 488 allies?!?

I know this is fairly innocuous compared with many on here, but it is still a screw up and further proof if any were need, that this update has screwed up the whole adding and removing of allies.

I don't know what to do know, do I try and add more allies to get myself back to 500 at the risk of losing even more, or do I stay as I am and count myself lucky??

When is Gree going to speak on this, and at least acknowledge there is a problem?!?

Badass action man
07-08-2013, 04:48 AM
Guys in me faction have lost massive amounts of allies and attack. Also stop clearing the faction forums

Socks
07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
There has been a silver lining to this for me. Gree took me from 876 allies to 500 to 46. I never used to be able to raid much at all at the level I was at; now I'm pulling down about $40 million per day. I'm sure the campers I have been destroying LOVE this. Sucks to be them. Collateral damage- happens every time.

War lord
07-08-2013, 06:03 PM
how did losing allies build ur strength?

Socks
07-08-2013, 07:04 PM
It didn't. I just went from bottom of the heap with 500 allies to top of the heap with under 50.

shaggy4344
07-09-2013, 05:28 AM
How so I post on the site?

Socks
07-09-2013, 05:34 AM
How so I post on the site?

Eh, you did.

Screwloose
07-09-2013, 10:20 AM
I got a reply to my ticket about adding allies causing my allies to drop, totally not answering my question just spouting something previously posted on the forum that does not address my query.

Shortly followed by a satisfaction survey!! Hahaha, wonder how satisfied I will be in my reply to the survey....

Carwash1
07-10-2013, 04:27 PM
I have a serious problem! I was at 500 allies. I deleted one of my allies and went from 500 allies to 29 allies and lost half of my a/d. I sent an email to you and was told by"R" it was a bug referring to taking all allies down to 500. This was not the problem I experienced. Please replace my allies back to 500 and return my attack and defense back to my correct level.

thunder
07-10-2013, 05:17 PM
I had 500 deleted one went down to 295. Paid 30 gold to get my allies back up 3'times as vip. Asked for the 30 gold to get refunded. They said the allies that were deleted wasnt real. Than where did they come from? Than they wanted a survey of how they took care of my problem i told them they did a very bad job.so than they sent me that same thing as my allies wasnt real than sent me the survey again. I can live with the mistakes but what i cant stand is very poor customer service. This might make me to become a free player

Rade
07-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I had 500 deleted one went down to 295. Paid 30 gold to get my allies back up 3'times as vip. Asked for the 30 gold to get refunded. They said the allies that were deleted wasnt real. Than where did they come from? Than they wanted a survey of how they took care of my problem i told them they did a very bad job.so than they sent me that same thing as my allies wasnt real than sent me the survey again. I can live with the mistakes but what i cant stand is very poor customer service. This might make me to become a free player

Maybe this section from the original post applied to you and it just now took effect:

"As stats are related to alliance size, that means that for some players who had an inaccurately high alliance size, stats will likely be reduced. This may not happen until the game needs to calculate your stats, so try attacking someone first to see the changes. Keep in mind that this is only a display issue - your stats have always been calculated in the same way when determining battle resolution, regardless of inflated allies."

mu2222
07-11-2013, 03:51 PM
So now I have 129 allies from 500 after accepting 1 way to go 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

GP1
07-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Okay GREE! I keep getting same generic explanation for decrease in ally numbers. I get it. I understand. What I DON'T understand is how 720+ of my allies were fakes? I dropped to 52 allies. I am rebuilding them now with active players, not one "grunt" yet, I'm already about halfway there. I want to know, specifically, not generally with same broad generic explanation, of how my account fell into your reasoning? I was over level 100, I put in ally requests for over half of those 770+ I had. So they were real players. It says we would not go below 500 allies if we were over that number. So, why did I lose so many REAL players? Even friends that play this game with me were cut from my list and I'm having to request them back. Hopefully, someone can see this message. My emails to support are obviously futile. Same generic response to reasoning, but wouldn't this set my account apart from what was supposed to happen and what has happened?? Geez! Now that I have typed this here vs support, I feel much better and I am recovering. It's not like I have asked for any compensation besides specific reasoning regarding my account. So many issues and not enough time to be thorough?

Wai
07-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Okay GREE! I keep getting same generic explanation for decrease in ally numbers. I get it. I understand. What I DON'T understand is how 720+ of my allies were fakes? I dropped to 52 allies. I am rebuilding them now with active players, not one "grunt" yet, I'm already about halfway there. I want to know, specifically, not generally with same broad generic explanation, of how my account fell into your reasoning? I was over level 100, I put in ally requests for over half of those 770+ I had. So they were real players. It says we would not go below 500 allies if we were over that number. So, why did I lose so many REAL players? Even friends that play this game with me were cut from my list and I'm having to request them back. Hopefully, someone can see this message. My emails to support are obviously futile. Same generic response to reasoning, but wouldn't this set my account apart from what was supposed to happen and what has happened?? Geez! Now that I have typed this here vs support, I feel much better and I am recovering. It's not like I have asked for any compensation besides specific reasoning regarding my account. So many issues and not enough time to be thorough?

What they are telling you is almost technically correct. The exception being that you were not seeing false number of allies. Its just that most of them were grunts. In your case all except 52 of them.

How did I get so many grunts I hear you thinking?

Well, that was a result of another bug that turned many of your real allies into grunts. This was first reported a long time ago. (late 2011 I think) when people that went over the magic number of 999 allies (just once), triggered the bug. No general warning was given then about the issue and the potential for this effect later on even though it was well known by MW at about that time. It's not just a handful of people as reported.

Whether or not something else has happened since to include more people other than those that once in their MW life went over 999, is not known to me.

Everyone had a few grunts (at least one anyway). That may be different now they have blasted them away. We all get one in order to start the game and they are obtained from winning them (a crazy prize I have never understood) and other ways.

So just to put you at ease:

You did add all those allies you say you added. (you are not going mad)

Your allies were all the real allies you added until the bug hit you and turned many or most of them into grunts. (you did not win all those grunts and your allies count was accurate). The only inaccuracy was the number of real allies compared to grunts, but the total was correct.

Most or all of your Grunts have been removed. Now you are left with the only real allies you has after getting the bug.

Hope this helps.

R0@r
07-13-2013, 01:54 PM
I got a reply to my ticket about adding allies causing my allies to drop, totally not answering my question just spouting something previously posted on the forum that does not address my query.

Shortly followed by a satisfaction survey!! Hahaha, wonder how satisfied I will be in my reply to the survey....

" how did you send the ticket.. i actually also want to send a ticket to remove my allies .. but what is the procedure ? :D "

Richard79
07-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Ok wtf are you playin at gree?????? Ive just been given a henchmen as a reward! Did you or did you not remove these?????? I lost over 100 allys last week coz you said you removed all these from the game and now i get 1 given to me as a reward. Are you retarded?

Sirius
07-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Ok wtf are you playin at gree?????? Ive just been given a henchmen as a reward! Did you or did you not remove these?????? I lost over 100 allys last week coz you said you removed all these from the game and now i get 1 given to me as a reward. Are you retarded?

Please note the forum rules and guidelines. As for your question, we fixed a bug. This did not remove henchmen from being a reward. Please reread the update.

Thanks Wai for your posting. Hope that clears things up for folks.

~Sirius

piercedtoy20
07-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Sirius, so if your saying wai is correct then you only put gree further in hot water, by admitting that yall knew about this problem for 2 yrs yet failed to inform 1 single player or give any player time before yall did the update to get real allies back. And I as well as a lot of other player still do not think its the full story because I put a ticket in several weeks before the update about not being able to see all my allies which a few days prior to that I could, but did not get a response from gree until after the update and then it was just a auto response that if I was still experiencing in game difficulty to resubmitt ticket. Sounds to me like you as well as other gree costumer sevice personnel are just giving one excuse after another for this plunder and cant make up yalls mind which excuse yall want to use. I guess it goes back to well if they dont like this excuse well come up with a new one so gree dont take the blame for the blunder, which I hink is more the case than any other excuse.

Socks
07-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Please note the forum rules and guidelines. As for your question, we fixed a bug. This did not remove henchmen from being a reward. Please reread the update.

Thanks Wai for your posting. Hope that clears things up for folks.

~Sirius

To be fair, Gree created a bug that caused our real allies to turn to grunts, and then Gree removed the grunts. I wish Gree could understand this.

piercedtoy20
07-14-2013, 10:47 PM
To be fair, Gree created a bug that caused our real allies to turn to grunts, and then Gree removed the grunts. I wish Gree could understand this.

Here here socks I agree with you there. Just seems a little funny that greevwould have waited so long to fix it if they knew about it back in 2011

Wai
07-14-2013, 11:07 PM
In fairness late 2011 was the best of my memory; pretty sure that's right though. It was probably around that time the company changed hands from Funzio to Gree. If so, it may have not been a high priority at that time. The only real issue is having to put all those codes back in again. Something that many are well 'past' doing I think.

I guess the issue became more critical when WD came along and people wanted to reduce down to 500 or less allies. Many found they could not achieve 500 and only had grunts left after deleting all their real allies. A number were manually blasted away for people but once the requests became overwhelming a different method needed to be adopted.

Your stats will come back exactly as they were before the game wide Grunt cull.

I don't know yet but the only issues are:

The fact you will have to add all those numbers again.

It may have an effect on the boss event (level/power)

It will have an effect in WD

It does have an effect in PvP faction events (I have found anyway - perhaps not all).

Getting rid of the grunts and fixing the bug definitely had to be done at some point.

piercedtoy20
07-15-2013, 01:03 AM
Wai it might had to be done at some point but they should of said something well in advance and said we arent going to do it during like 4 or 5 events that started that day. They knew very well it was going to effect more people than they claim. They should of said ok we aint going to have a tournament this weekend and let every get there allies back up to what they were. And the one effect you didnt list is now whoever you attack or still in there news feed can still attack you even tho say they only lost 100 allies but you lost 400 allies big difference in power there now which gree should of taken into account and said ok no one can raid for 2 days or so so again people have a chance to get there allies back to where they were. But you dont here gree or anyone saying that they will reimburse for units lost do to there blunder, or saying ok well give everyone free vip status to get there allies back up, they just keep making one excuse after another hoping people will believe them or get tired and let it drop. Me personnally with this thread each new comment refuels the fire and I get ticked off all over again.

piercedtoy20
07-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Wai

On another note to that you dont here gree coming out taking the blame for it, its always you had inflated allies, not ok everyone here what happened to the best of our knowledge and manning up as a company and taking blame. And I think thats what ticked everyone off and still has everyome ticked off is that gree is not taking the blame there trying to tell everyone they had inflamed allies like we inflamed our allies on purpose. When we only played the game by there rules of how many allies we need. They never came out and said dont go over 999 allies. And like most that started out before factions and everything we all added allies when we got request because we all knew how hard it was to get allies for one and for 2 we all was like ok allies cant attack us so well add them then we dont have to worry about being attack by this person. Plus I had a ticket in for 2 weeks because I couldnt view all my allies and never got a response back till my allies dropped drastically. I think that is what still has me ticked off the most is there poor customer service.

whitefire
07-15-2013, 01:54 AM
Gree should adopt a new company motto: "Everything worth doing is worth doing badly". fits perfectly

Vegaman
07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
What they are telling you is almost technically correct. The exception being that you were not seeing false number of allies. Its just that most of them were grunts. In your case all except 52 of them.

How did I get so many grunts I hear you thinking?

Well, that was a result of another bug that turned many of your real allies into grunts. This was first reported a long time ago. (late 2011 I think) when people that went over the magic number of 999 allies (just once), triggered the bug. No general warning was given then about the issue and the potential for this effect later on even though it was well known by MW at about that time. It's not just a handful of people as reported.

Whether or not something else has happened since to include more people other than those that once in their MW life went over 999, is not known to me.

Everyone had a few grunts (at least one anyway). That may be different now they have blasted them away. We all get one in order to start the game and they are obtained from winning them (a crazy prize I have never understood) and other ways.

So just to put you at ease:

You did add all those allies you say you added. (you are not going mad)

Your allies were all the real allies you added until the bug hit you and turned many or most of them into grunts. (you did not win all those grunts and your allies count was accurate). The only inaccuracy was the number of real allies compared to grunts, but the total was correct.

Most or all of your Grunts have been removed. Now you are left with the only real allies you has after getting the bug.

Hope this helps.

EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS.....

AT LAST I UNDERSTAND THE MESS GREE HAVE CREATED. 1,000's OF PLAYERS HAVE BEEN AFFECTED NOT A HANDFUL.

i have never gone over 500 allies, i stopped at 498 and if i won an allies i deleted one. The other day i added one, and as i went to delete one allies, to keep in my 498 limit, i dropped from 498 to 174. My stats dropped over 100,000 attack n defence.

I actually don't give a toss anymore. I only free play now and if you can't see that GREE is wringing the GAME for every last cent as it implodes then you need a reality check. You can always tell when something is at the end of its shelf life. Multiple events stacked on top of each other. Rubbish customer support etc. Notice all the wise old players are gone.

So thanks for your explanation above. It's the first time something has been explained clearly.

AdamInToronto
07-15-2013, 10:55 PM
We are fixing a bug in some of the code dealing with alliance size. This bug could allow people to display having more alliance members than they actually have, which could also cause inflated stats...
Presumably, you meant to say '...could also cause inflated stats to be displayed'

This was causing a lot of other little bugs as well. Keep in mind that the cap is at 500 alliance (when you hit level 100). This is how the game has always worked.
This is confusing. You should distinguish between the max size of ones ally list, and the number of allies one takes to battle. The latter has always been 5 times your level to a max of 500. The former, I'm guessing, had no cap at all (I have seen one player with over seventeen thousand allies).

If you currently have more than 1000 allies, the extras will be removed. No real people will be removed, but grunts will be. If you have 500 real people and 500 grunts , the grunts will be removed. If you have over 1000 real people, nobody will be removed, but only 500 count towards your stats. If you have under 500 allies, there is no change.

This is where I can't figure out what you're telling us.
If a player has over 1000 allies, the "extras" will be removed? What "extras"? Do you mean the max ally list size is being reduced to 1000? But then you say only grunts will be removed, not real people, which means a player can still have over 1000 real-people allies? Is that correct?
If a player has exactly 1000 allies in their list consisting of 500 real people and 500 grunts, then that player should expect to see their ally list shrink to 500 real people, and zero grunts. I'm not sure why such specific numbers are used, but okay, this change seems clear enough.
If a player has under 500 allies, then they will see no change. Also clear on this one.

What about players with an ally list size of between 500 and 1000? Or players with exactly 1000 ally list size with a number of real-people other than 500? Your posting fails to address these demographics.

Could you reword this part of the post so that it's more clear who exactly is affected, and what the new ally list size is (if indeed it has changed)?

Prvt. Parts
07-17-2013, 07:14 AM
While we're at it, why do my "allies" continue to appear on my rivals list. I even get attacked by them, and can attack them myself. Happens with all of my allies at my level, and I double checked them all. What's the point allying a specific person if they can still attack you?

Nail Yakulov
07-17-2013, 03:52 PM
167 852 415

drofn10zt
07-18-2013, 10:23 AM
This is simply not true because you are taking people that had more than five hundred and dropping them below that
The game didnt work as you said because I had tried to delete to five hundred for months
Now you punish me for your errors right before a battle
Good job with customer relations

drofn10zt
07-18-2013, 05:12 PM
here here..

drofn10zt
07-18-2013, 05:16 PM
yes..tell it like it is.. many posts in the forum saying in fact it was ok to go over 500 allies as that glitched got fixed a year ago. No mention that you would pay a price for deletint allies to get closer to 500 only to see this change and you loose another 800 or so...
It will take weeks to build back up.. but hey guess my time isnt worth anything to gree just my money.

Carwash1
07-19-2013, 05:08 AM
I deleted allies from 1900 down to 975 working to get it down to 500. When you took everyone down to 500 I went from 975 allies down to 29. I have been working nonstop to get my allies back to 500. Like I need this? Thanks Gree!

SPWD
07-19-2013, 05:17 AM
Same thing happened to me mate but I went down to 131 and guess what,yep they didn't give a fxxx!

tinnajone
07-20-2013, 04:09 AM
Useful info. Hope to see more good posts in the future.

07-20-2013, 02:40 PM
So I'm not the only one with this issue. I had 603 allies and I tried to remove some for months to reach 500 but I couldn't because the 'show or load more allies' screen didn't work.
After the update I finally had 500 allies but now, all of a sudden I have only 23 allies and I'm taking 92 units into battle instead of 2000. My attack and defense stats dropped to one third of their numbers.

This is one hell of a mess cause I'm losing one battle after an other in BfA!!!!

Wormwood
07-21-2013, 05:57 AM
No matter how many new ally's I add my number won't go over 500. What is wrong with this thing. I'm afraid to drop any because I think it may drop several instead of just one.

Bobar
07-21-2013, 06:07 AM
so in wd battle list, most Players have 500 allies now. you can´t seperate them by allie numbers as some faction start to call themselve with same name as you can rename yourself now. another bad move in my eyes from gree, who made this possible

Bobar
07-21-2013, 06:08 AM
yes..tell it like it is.. many posts in the forum saying in fact it was ok to go over 500 allies as that glitched got fixed a year ago. No mention that you would pay a price for deletint allies to get closer to 500 only to see this change and you loose another 800 or so...
It will take weeks to build back up.. but hey guess my time isnt worth anything to gree just my money.

another good point

Jonaa369
07-21-2013, 07:48 AM
I had over1,300 alliance members. Now 500. But when I go into battle I bring only 485 and 1,940 units. The other person has 500 alliance members and brings 2,000 units. Why aren't I bringing in all my units?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your ongoing support and patience as we work to improve the game![/QUOTE]

irish6
07-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Happened to me as well mid battle, very frustrating and then we have to buy allies to avoid getting pounded over and over. This was not the right way to deal with this issue!

bakcannon
08-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Can someone explain how i have 500 allies with only 800 units? The new update has robbed me out of the 1200 units when i had 500 real allies not to mention drop my atk/ def down 150k for each. Im being atk/ by ppl who could not beat me a week ago. Please sirius or ne explain what is going on.

sniperfou
08-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Can someone explain how i have 500 allies with only 800 units? The new update has robbed me out of the 1200 units when i had 500 real allies not to mention drop my atk/ def down 150k for each. Im being atk/ by ppl who could not beat me a week ago. Please sirius or ne explain what is going on.

Hi,
What's your level ? Number of allies used in battle is your level multiplied by 5. And the limit is 500allies.

Big C
09-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Just needing post #10

Russian Roulette
09-04-2013, 06:17 AM
I was wondering why faction members on opposing teams showed around 250 allies but had around 17,000 attack...

Spetsnaz
10-05-2013, 02:28 AM
with the new changes coming regarding us being able to bring 3,000 units to battle. Are they increase the max above 500 for our alliance #'s?

Imran520
10-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Lot of thanks for updating.

Tattoo
10-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Hi everyone, I am new here

Imran520
10-20-2013, 11:36 PM
the grunts that you are talking about that are your henchmen or what? I got them by opening a box (maffia) or by completing a energymissionland 5 times??

very thanks for sharing