PDA

View Full Version : Important update regarding your mafia!

Assault and Flattery
07-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone,

We wanted to send a quick message to you all regarding a fix we are going to be pushing out that will fix a bug in the game.

We are fixing a bug in some of the code dealing with mafia size. This bug could allow people to display having more mafia members than they actually have, which could also cause inflated stats. This was causing a lot of other little bugs as well. Keep in mind that the cap is at 500 mafia (when you hit level 100). This is how the game has always worked. This will not affect those of you who have modifier items that give you +5 mafia, +3 mafia, etc.

If you currently have more than 1000 mafia, the extras will be removed. No real people will be removed, but henchmen will be. If you have 500 real people and 500 henchmen, the henchmen will be removed. If you have over 1000 real people, nobody will be removed, but only 500 count towards your stats. If you have under 500 mafia, there is no change. As stats are related to mafia size, that means that for some players who had an inaccurately high mafia size, stats will likely be reduced. This may not happen until the game needs to calculate your stats, so try attacking someone first to see the changes. Keep in mind that this is only a display issue - your stats have always been calculated in the same way when determining battle resolution, regardless of inflated mafia.

This change will also mean more transparency when finding targets to attack and rob. However, please keep in mind that skill points are and have always been a factor, so looking at someone's stats to see if you can beat them or not isn't always as cut and dry as it seems. Skill points are NOT displayed in your overall stats, nor your opponents. They are also not displayed after battle resolution. Also, if the other player has a modifier item that changes mafia size (either yours or theirs), this is NOT displayed in their profile stats, but will be shown after an attempted attack or rob is made.

We think the amount of affected players will be relatively small, but we wanted to message this to our players first to let you know about the change and why we are making it. We apologize for any frustration this causes, as we know players work hard to improve their stats, and any decreases can be very disappointing. More importantly, however, we also want to make sure we are fostering a fun and fair game experience for our players, and we believe this fix will help do that.

Thanks for your ongoing support and patience as we work to improve the game!

Chica
07-02-2013, 05:36 PM
What about users with 2000 real players?

jeffrey25
07-02-2013, 05:38 PM
for more than 1000 real members..how are you gonna determine who you remove ?

last added ?
weakest ?
least active ?

the_brein
07-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Hmmm. Thanks for trying. Even if you are wrong half the time.

the_dude
07-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Nooooo! Don't remove henchmen!

TRAZ
07-02-2013, 06:25 PM
So for every henchmen you remove you plan on providing 17 gold for the player right, as that's how much gold one costs in the game.

So if they have 50 henchmen x 17 gold = 850 gold you should deposit into their account when you decide to remove them....that would be accurate compensation.

CohibAA
07-02-2013, 06:47 PM
So for every henchmen you remove you plan on providing 17 gold for the player right, as that's how much gold one costs in the game.

So if they have 50 henchmen x 17 gold = 850 gold you should deposit into their account when you decide to remove them....that would be accurate compensation.

That sounds good, but...

I had this bug for a long time, contacted support several months ago, and it was "fixed" at the time for my account. When they "fixed" my mafia (removing all my henchmen) they offered enough gold for me to buy VIP for a couple shots, to restore my mafia count. Of course, I took it, because it was better than nothing.

I imagine a game-wide fix will come with no compensation. After all, they just gave us 200 gold.. and the awesome "Sorry" LTQ, LOL.

YKW
07-02-2013, 06:48 PM
I wonder what HTC is going to change their name to...

Sandukan
07-02-2013, 06:57 PM
I wonder what HTC is going to change their name to...
Henchmen, True Casualties still works

cheesy
07-02-2013, 07:10 PM

Hmmmm... This sounds suspiciously like logic. Not something gree is typically interested in.

kingofwale
07-02-2013, 07:58 PM
so... let me get this clearly.

instead of fixing the problem that results in incorrect displaying of stats... Gree decided to delete everyone's henchmen??

Am I the only one seeing this as just stupid?

Steve0
07-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Not henchmen for me they deleted 360 of my mafia from the oldest ones

Angel6ix6ix6
07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
What about people who bought VIP status to get more mafia? You just stole gold from them. How did you determine which real people will be removed? I had over 3000 mafia, now I have 500. Some of them are very low levels who apparently haven't played since I first added them when I started playing. Why keep them, and get rid of my higher level mafia? In short I want compensation for this error!

Steve0
07-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Here add me 429 653 613

cditti
07-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Why don't they fix the stat display. During wars it is correct on droid but soon as its over items displayed are incorrect again.

Steve0
07-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Why don't they fix the stat display. During wars it is correct on droid but soon as its over items displayed are incorrect again.

They don't know how. Its obvious that what ever they do causes more bug which in turn causes more bugs. This game is on a very old platform. My suggestion to them is build a CC 2 and move everyone's acct over. But I highly doubt that can happen

Steve0
07-02-2013, 09:07 PM
They Still can fix the 250 seeing down to 180 bug. way to pick the important bugs to fix

NV555
07-02-2013, 09:23 PM
What if you bought henchmen with gold?

Senator McCarthy
07-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Gree just cut my mafia down to 500 and I had under 1000 mafia friends and only 160 something henchmen. Why did I get cut to 500?

Will I get compensated for my henchmen?

tehlolkid
07-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Dipstik, look what they have done!!!!! No more henchmen :(

vitus79
07-02-2013, 11:10 PM
i think its a step in the right direction. this bug existed way longer than the stat display error so thx for fixing this Gree. yes the problem for lvl250 still exists and the rival list is full of lvl180s or the 3 odd banned accounts with zero mafia displayed, but its getting better.

more and more of the high mafia players who were hiding up there for ages now show up in rival lists again. for all to find and attack or rob. of course the timing couldnt be worse trying to fix all this while a pvp event went live.

but finally we can visit friends hoods again without a major lag and having to close the app everytime. i lost none of my henchmen and as A&F stated there is no need for more than 500 mafia members. so no reason to complain.
if you used gold for VIP to get to 500 mafia you got what you wanted.
if you used VIP to up your mafia to 1000 and disapear from rival list, well.. it lasted a while. better luck with the next glitch😱

tam...
07-02-2013, 11:26 PM
To: support
Whilst I appreciate you trying to fix a glitch you have removed all but the last page of my mafia
I like the social aspect of the game and the chance to chat with players who I have know since I started playing the game
I would really like the missing pages put back
You did say only henchmen were going to be removed and only if you were over 1000 mafia , which I wasn't, I was just over 900 which means I was under your limit and have been since the beginning

c00guy
07-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Does this mean the 888 mafia glitch is now gone?

BigMoney
07-02-2013, 11:37 PM
What about people who bought VIP status to get more mafia? You just stole gold from them. How did you determine which real people will be removed? I had over 3000 mafia, now I have 500. Some of them are very low levels who apparently haven't played since I first added them when I started playing. Why keep them, and get rid of my higher level mafia? In short I want compensation for this error!

I find it funny that people like you who were saying "tough ****" to people who spent gold on Collect-10 items like the Executive Coupe and the M-32 Thumper (cough) only for them to be reused a few months later that they need to suck it up, yet here you are demanding compensation for henchmen.

tam...
07-02-2013, 11:40 PM
What 888 glitch, you mean the one that existed in some people's imagination?

tam...
07-02-2013, 11:42 PM
I looked I had 500 mafia, I removed one name and my mafia count went straight up to 599
I did not add ( buy) 99 henchmen
Nor has any mafia pages appeared

Anyone want to try with an explanation???

[FwD] VL4D
07-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Hi binky is back and so you all know even though its been stated many times the glitch for mafia isn't 888 😹😹😹lmao. But beside that. If GREE is going to remove my henchman they better give back the gold spent on them to everyone who bought them weather event items or from the store . It's not our problem their game is glitched. Myself once they do or if they remove them will be sitting on a extra 5k gold in my bank.

So I do hope GREE has thought about that

Here is one more for top spenders if GREE is giving out items with mods in ltq and other events besides crates that we have spent huge real cash on. Why don't we get the mod again. An item won is and item won and if it comes with mods weather a player has it or not it should in my mind double up.

So now another drink to GREE
Peace
Chairman Meow out

t12pm
07-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Yeah really just take something i spent a lot of gold on early on in the game . This just gets better every day maybe they will give me another 230 attack gun i will never use

[FwD] VL4D
07-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Also sorry all (traz) didn't read all the posts

Now a beer for me. Lets see if I can get banned

Kitty's got claws
Chairman meow

Rollster
07-02-2013, 11:51 PM

So if they have 50 henchmen x 17 gold = 850 gold you should deposit into their account when you decide to remove them....that would be accurate compensation. compenation for use a glitch for a guy who use this glitch and dont get robbed? lol.....why?

mickey0834
07-02-2013, 11:56 PM
We, the players are the ones who are getting our mafia up there to have them taken away? So compensate us because many of us used the option of gold to become a VIP in order to build our mafia up. Where's the fairness in this????? Come on Gree, be fair to the loyal daily players of the game!!!

tehlolkid
07-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Dipstik is going to have a fit when he reads this.

NS tasia
We are fixing a bug in some of the code dealing with mafia size. This bug could allow people to display having more mafia members than they actually have, which could also cause inflated stats. This was causing a lot of other little bugs as well. Keep in mind that the cap is at 500 mafia (when you hit level 100). This is how the game has always worked. This will not affect those of you who have modifier items that give you +5 mafia, +3...!
will you remove henchman from rewards? area mastery 3, some case events and so on.... because henchman become useless...

[FwD] VL4D
If you went VIP you will be fine. Maybe lets see how grees dice roll but for those who bought henchman or won them I'm events. Cough up our cash GREE.

Meow

[FwD] VL4D
07-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Dipstick. I can't wait

GREE you are forgetting the lube and a drink

(CK) EL
07-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone,
Keep in mind that the cap is at 500 mafia (when you hit level 100). This is how the game has always worked. This will not affect those of you who have modifier items that give you +5 mafia, +3 mafia, etc.
i was told by support that extra mafia modifier needs extra mafia members in order to work, so for me that i have +18 members i must have 518 mafia

If you currently have more than 1000 mafia, the extras will be removed. No real people will be removed, but henchmen will be.
henchmen either are bought (if someone listens to dipstik) or are won as a prize from events,...
so you must give 17 gold/ henchman to players, give henchmen for free from now on, and replace henchmen with other prizes in events (low level players still get hencmen from box events)

As stats are related to mafia size, that means that for some players who had an inaccurately high mafia size, stats will likely be reduced. This may not happen until the game needs to calculate your stats, so try attacking someone first to see the changes. Keep in mind that this is only a display issue - your stats have always been calculated in the same way when determining battle resolution, regardless of inflated mafia.
that was a bug for adroid players for a long time, it's been many months that it is fixed, i hope the glitch doesn't return

However, please keep in mind that skill points are and have always been a factor, so looking at someone's stats to see if you can beat them or not isn't always as cut and dry as it seems. Skill points are NOT displayed in your overall stats, nor your opponents. They are also not displayed after battle resolution.
Skill points are a factor but it is a tiny factor. It is only 10 attack/defence per skill point for levels 100-200, it is less for levels lower to 100 and more for levels above 200.
How do i know? well i keep an updated spreadsheet and my true attack is viewable when i attack in boss event. even if you have 500 attack skill points your attack is increased by ~5000k which makes the attack/defence skill points an unfurtunate choise.
You should add value to a/d skill points by making them a very small modifier.
What do counts in PvP is the random item factor and that's why we lose or win some fights/robs that we shouldn't according to stats

Also, if the other player has a modifier item that changes mafia size (either yours or theirs), this is NOT displayed in their profile stats, but will be shown after an attempted attack or rob is made.
Not accurate .. at least not for android,
My profile attack and my pvp attack is exactly the same and i have a +18 modifier. I can see the extra mafia only in Syndicate pvp screen and still my attack there is not increased as it should.. the only thing i see and makes me hope that the modifier works is ..518mafia against 495. This mod also doesn't work when you get attacked. When you advertise that modifier is +5 mafia in battle it should work when you get attacked also.

We think the amount of affected players will be relatively small, but we wanted to message this to our players first to let you know about the change and why we are making it. We apologize for any frustration this causes, as we know players work hard to improve their stats, and any decreases can be very disappointing. More importantly, however, we also want to make sure we are fostering a fun and fair game experience for our players, and we believe this fix will help do that.
Thanks for your ongoing support and patience as we work to improve the game!
BTW i am lev 250 and nothing is fixed until now in my rival's list, the game is totaly unplayable for weeks now. Effords are wellcomed but only results count.
Thank you for the post though

LongFingers
07-03-2013, 12:25 AM
today is a sad day
They never leaved me alone
Good bye my proud Henchman

vitus79
07-03-2013, 12:33 AM
What 888 glitch, you mean the one that existed in some people's imagination?

lets call it the high mafia glitch, FC just made it popular as the number to disapear from rival lists is somewhere near 850.
how do i know? i played both sides, few weeks down at 500 mafia for everyone to see and attack but also moving to 900 mafia to enjoy a few days/weeks of silence in my news and where links last days and not hours only, if people dont chat em away.

dont play it down tam, you know only those you attacked or robbed could visit your hood while you had high mafia.
few more days till everything runs smooth and you will have alot attention. people will come and visit your hood, check all your awesome items. even better than just to know you from the top of the leaderboard😉

t12pm
07-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Well I am down to 500 but still show 95 henchmen so maybe they caught on to they would owe us. Had over 1100 mafia before as for that glitch stated above I was still in rivals list as I got attacked by new people every day. Maybe level 160's had something to do with it

Rollster
07-03-2013, 12:43 AM
nice to remove henchem for who have 888 mafia or more and using glitch.

during pvp event i see alot of new hood..

im lvl 185 and dont find realy good hood... now maybe more... and many with low stats... nice :)

@CK EL : why give 17 gold when ppl using gltich like a cheat, don't see ur point.

tam...
07-03-2013, 12:56 AM
That's right no one had any higher mafia numbers than 888 except me, who was over 900 with 912
And I was never attacked by a player with less than 888 even though I was attacked by players who were just testing their attack.

[FwD] VL4D
07-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Funny the rogue cat just doesn't get it lmao. Yo rouge with the lefty read the thread and think put it down and think before you speak. Here let me pull out the crayons and draw you pic with lots of colours

If you buy lets say a bag and them your friends says no it's not good but won't give you your money back would you be pissed. Please don't answer till the morning. Just think. It's not about the glitch. Puff puff pass anyone want some. Cash spent bro for an item bought with real money

Night all have fun bbl cough cough oh there goes a lung

Bottin
07-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I got this new update and it says I can upgrade multiple buildings but I can't?

(CK) EL
07-03-2013, 01:25 AM
@CK EL : why give 17 gold when ppl using gltich like a cheat, don't see ur point.

well i don't see yours either but let's agree that we disagree, no need for arguing about this.
i ll explain better...

the henchmen we have are not a gift from god, they are prizes from events or they are bought. So gree is going to take back our prizes from events (which may also have cost gold) or worse .. is going to take back what we have directly bought.
I understand that gree is trying to fix the glitch and this is good. But this glitch is not our mistake so gree should at least give back to players the gold that henchmen cost and also give henchmen for free from now on or remove them from shop

Chica
07-03-2013, 01:26 AM
I dunno about you VIP members but I paid 99 cents to have my account auto bumped on this one site for 2 weeks now to this day many months later I still get enough requests that rejecting them all is to much of a pain since there is no reject all button like with the syndicates. So I just accept all.

t12pm
07-03-2013, 01:28 AM
I got this new update and it says I can upgrade multiple buildings but I can't?

Couple days late there are threads below on it!!! Anyhow it will more than likely be a future prize in a event or something

bald zeemer
07-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Well, I'm down from 1100 to 500, and I've had exactly 2 blind attacks today. Which is pretty much what I get every day.

Bottin
07-03-2013, 01:31 AM
I got an update saying I could upgrade multiple building but I can't upgrade multiple buildings. Can any one help please?

Bottin
07-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Ok thank you for the help I only just noticed the update lol thank you any way

t12pm
07-03-2013, 01:34 AM
Rollster it really isn't that hard to figure out how about I just come over you hand me a 100 dollar bill then I just leave with it? About the same thing as them taking our henchmen back if they do. I bought most of mine not knowing about a glitch until recently but I was always being attacked so I must of stayed on rivals list

Rastas
07-03-2013, 01:43 AM

Agree!

I was actually one of those foolish enough to purchase henchman when the syndicate wars began thinking they would help boost my stats and was the worst purchase I ever made.

I had approximately 117 henchman before they were removed and would really like to hear about compensation.

Randolph
07-03-2013, 01:53 AM
I hope they will at least compensate the gold used for vip. This would at least for once show that they actually do care instead of that ridiculous sorry event they gave.

Rollster
07-03-2013, 02:38 AM
Agree!

I was actually one of those foolish enough to purchase henchman when the syndicate wars began thinking they would help boost my stats and was the worst purchase I ever made.

I had approximately 117 henchman before they were removed and would really like to hear about compensation.

next time don't abuse the glitch of mafia maybe and u can keep ur henchem.

that funny, ppl complaint about they can get robbed now and lost mafia henchem

i think ur going to be happy but use a glitch is a BAN for game if i read rules.

have fun and add henchem again :)

Rastas
07-03-2013, 02:43 AM
next time don't abuse the glitch of mafia maybe and u can keep ur henchem.

that funny, ppl complaint about they can get robbed now and lost mafia henchem

i think ur going to be happy but use a glitch is a BAN for game if i read rules.

have fun and add henchem again :)

Are you able to properly construct a sentence in any of your posts? Is this the quality of members who we should expect from rogues gallery or have have they reduced their recruitment standards recently?

(CK) EL
07-03-2013, 02:53 AM
the next question after they reduce the mafia to 500 or something is if players will be allowed to increase it again.
If the glitch has to do with high mafia players and gree is uncapable of fixing it, then they should put an upper limit to mafia

Chica
07-03-2013, 03:11 AM
My mafiamismstill hovering around the 2200 mark.

Rollster
07-03-2013, 03:20 AM
Are you able to properly construct a sentence in any of your posts? Is this the quality of members who we should expect from rogues gallery or have have they reduced their recruitment standards recently?

i talk me not from Rogues Gallery.

i don't see why ppl who use a glitch complaint cuz they lost henchmen that all.

Rogues Gallery have nothing to do with my comment. don't try to say another thing like the thread.

u talk about all grim reaper ? no u talk about u that all.

funny guy again :)

i just rob many hood, glad to see money back again :)

BigMoney
07-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Skill points are a factor but it is a tiny factor. It is only 10 attack/defence per skill point for levels 100-200, it is less for levels lower to 100 and more for levels above 200.
How do i know? well i keep an updated spreadsheet and my true attack is viewable when i attack in boss event. even if you have 500 attack skill points your attack is increased by ~5000k which makes the attack/defence skill points an unfurtunate choise.
You should add value to a/d skill points by making them a very small modifier.
What do counts in PvP is the random item factor and that's why we lose or win some fights/robs that we shouldn't according to stats

I've always thought that skill points were involved in the behind-the-scenes "randomness" factor, e.g. if two people with equal stats were to fight repeatedly, theoretically the ratio of W/L should approach 1 (e.g. 50% wins), but in practice it might be skewed towards the person with more skill points in some way. I noticed this a lot more when I was a low level player in the syndicate wars fighting level 200+ that I would lose fights at what I thought was a safe margin at much higher frequencies than when I attacked people with the same stats at my level off the rival's list. Seems reasonable to assume that with everything else constant (my attack, my skill points, and an opponent with X defense) that the only difference between a level 70 opponent and a level 200+ opponent is that the higher level player has significantly more skill points than I do.

Rastas
07-03-2013, 03:26 AM
i talk me not from Rogues Gallery.

i don't see why ppl who use a glitch complaint cuz they lost henchmen that all.

Rogues Gallery have nothing to do with my comment. don't try to say another thing like the thread.

u talk about all grim reaper ? no u talk about u that all.

funny guy again :)

i just rob many hood, glad to see money back again :)

WTF did I just read???????

Chica
07-03-2013, 03:34 AM
WTF did I just read??????? my head hurts now.

Rollster
07-03-2013, 03:49 AM
blablabla :) Henchem vs a ban, i prefer henchem no ?

MattThomas08
07-03-2013, 03:55 AM

Yes, Rogues Gallery has dropped our standards for recruitment. We no longer require players to be born and raised in english-speaking countries and even allow those whose primary language is not english to participate in the game and on the forum as their heart desires.

Thanks for pointing that out in such a wise and tolerant way.

(CK) EL
07-03-2013, 03:56 AM
I've always thought that skill points were involved in the behind-the-scenes "randomness" factor, e.g. if two people with equal stats were to fight repeatedly, theoretically the ratio of W/L should approach 1 (e.g. 50% wins), but in practice it might be skewed towards the person with more skill points in some way. I noticed this a lot more when I was a low level player in the syndicate wars fighting level 200+ that I would lose fights at what I thought was a safe margin at much higher frequencies than when I attacked people with the same stats at my level off the rival's list. Seems reasonable to assume that with everything else constant (my attack, my skill points, and an opponent with X defense) that the only difference between a level 70 opponent and a level 200+ opponent is that the higher level player has significantly more skill points than I do.

according to a very old post of CCMark which is was an admin here and according also to some players who made many tests, attack in PVP is something like this...

(your attack) + (your skill pointsx10 (for lev 100-200) )+ (random item from your inventory x unknown number ) against (rival's defence from items and true defence from buildings) + (rival's defence skill points x10) + (random item from riva's inventory x unknown number)

if only skill points were the unknown factor then you ll be winning or losing all fights against your rival.
Randomness is coming from the random item used or could also coming from a random multiplier of players attack/defence but sertainly not from skill points which is not changing during fight
when you rob someone, his defence from items is reduced (some say by 50% (CCMark had said so))
Gree keep us in darkness about how exactly PvP works.
what i can tell you for sure is that for level 201-250 attack skill points are increased by 0.09 per level.. and in level 250 1 s.p =14.5 attack

(CK) EL
07-03-2013, 03:58 AM
Yes, Rogues Gallery has dropped our standards for recruitment. We no longer require players to be born and raised in english-speaking countries and even allow those whose primary language is not english to participate in the game and on the forum as their heart desires.

his problem is not in language, my english might be worse...

i wonder if you agree/understand his logic

Butt Futter
07-03-2013, 03:59 AM
I'm sure most of the mafia glitchers will be glitching again by the end of the day.

Lars
07-03-2013, 04:02 AM
I don't really have strong feelings about the change. However, I don't think Gree handled this well.

First, why didn't they give us a warning a few days ahead? We could have removed those mafia members we don't value that much. The way was handled, we had no influence in the change.

The original message is misleading. It claims 1,000 is the cap ("if you currently have more than 1000 mafia, the extras will be removed" ), later in the message a cap of 500 can be read from it (which is the true cap). Then is says only henchmen will be removed and no real people. AFAIK it is vice versa, oldest members are removed. I actually prefer that, but the message is still misleading.

I don't think it is a good style to change the users stats instead of fixing the bug in the code. Yes, it may have turned out to be too difficult to locate that. Doesn't create a good impression on the game's programming, though.

From what I read from other players, it is now impossible to get over 500 mafia now, obviously preventing people from recreating the problem. That means we cannot create a "buffer" to prevent us from dropping below 500 when somebody removes us from his mafia. I think also means we cannot add somebody unless we are both below 500.

As I said, I am not bothering much about the change. I just think they could have handled this better.

mxz
07-03-2013, 04:08 AM
I've always thought they should just have a slider for how many henchmen you take into battle. Set it from 1-500 and be done with it. Maybe only let you change every 5-10 days or something.

Rastas
07-03-2013, 04:16 AM

You are welcome :)

My syndicate also has members from non English speaking countries as well and yet they are still able to form a basic sentence.

mxz
07-03-2013, 04:21 AM
Rogues have standards? Last I heard they weren't even on the metric system. :rolleyes:

MattThomas08
07-03-2013, 04:53 AM
Rogues have standards? Last I heard they weren't even on the metric system. :rolleyes:

We do, but they go down significantly when we drink.

(CK) EL
07-03-2013, 05:05 AM
@ Lars... excellent post

if u can't go above 500 mafia how is "use additional mafia" modifier will work?

i still have the emails that developers are saying (not just support) that in order for this modifier to work you must have additional mafia

Chica
07-03-2013, 05:26 AM
Unless those items now just make a " virtual mafia" member that is a very good question.

(CCK) Cam
07-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Baddad lost all his henchman!! Lol

mxz
07-03-2013, 05:33 AM
@ Lars... excellent post

if u can't go above 500 mafia how is "use additional mafia" modifier will work?

i still have the emails that developers are saying (not just support) that in order for this modifier to work you must have additional mafiaThe developers also said you couldn't declare war within 60 minutes of the event ending :rolleyes:

When it comes to game mechanics, you're better off asking Lupo.

(CK) EL
07-03-2013, 05:35 AM
The developers also said you couldn't declare war within 60 minutes of the event ending :rolleyes:

When it comes to game mechanics, you're better off asking Lupo.

lmao..
btw Lupo now has iph..
he built a laundromat

budman68
07-03-2013, 05:45 AM
Another "fix" to the gree glitch i didn't have any alerts on my game saying i was robbed or attacked. Seriously Gree you can never get anything right!!

Angel6ix6ix6
07-03-2013, 05:56 AM
You didn't lose money. You paid for and got your coupe. They didn't steal it from you. So yes stop crying about your coupe you paid for, I got mines by completing the event, which cost no gold and was very very easy to do.

That said I need to be compensated for things stolen.

I find it funny that people like you who were saying "tough ****" to people who spent gold on Collect-10 items like the Executive Coupe and the M-32 Thumper (cough) only for them to be reused a few months later that they need to suck it up, yet here you are demanding compensation for henchmen.

BigMoney
07-03-2013, 07:09 AM
You didn't lose money. You paid for and got your coupe. They didn't steal it from you. So yes stop crying about your coupe you paid for, I got mines by completing the event, which cost no gold and was very very easy to do.

That said I need to be compensated for things stolen.

I'm sure you bought a bunch of henchmen and VIP passes and that GREE has no record of your gold spending anywhere, and surely they will refund you for henchmen that can be obtained by completing each map a few times in addition to a variety of other booby prizes handed out.

Antheus
07-03-2013, 07:12 AM
....how come my rivals still have 600, 700 ...etc. mafia...😠

Angel6ix6ix6
07-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Sure,surely....blah blah blah blah then you said, blah blah blah blah and you added blah blah blah.

I'm sure you bought a bunch of henchmen and VIP passes and that GREE has no record of your gold spending anywhere, and surely they will refund you for henchmen that can be obtained by completing each map a few times in addition to a variety of other booby prizes handed out.

[CM]]forgetaboutit
07-03-2013, 07:32 AM
I was able to increase my mafia up again
Above 700+ and then bam right back to 500
lol

Deadwater
07-03-2013, 07:51 AM
My mafia never changed....maybe few dropped off but I'm still over 850

Chica
07-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Mine still in the 2000s

TRAZ
07-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Give it time...it'll drop

TRAZ
07-03-2013, 08:13 AM
So, henchmen are still there which means you guys got rid of real folks to get to the 500 number

And yes, real players over 500 are getting lost...so where are they going Gree?

the_dude
07-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Its almost better if they dont try to fix anything. They just make it worse. Maybe that was the point they were trying to make with this mess.

[CM]]forgetaboutit
07-03-2013, 08:54 AM
is this just with iOS players ?

Steve0
07-03-2013, 09:04 AM
]forgetaboutit;849433']is this just with iOS players ? possibly as many in our group have not dropped yet.

dr007
07-03-2013, 09:14 AM
I am believing Gree will do what is right and either reimburse those who bought henchmen and lost them or give som bonus gold across the board to compensate for everyone who was affected. This may be ideal to avoid having to look through every record.

Lucky for me as a strategy to have more people show up on my newsfeed I dropped mafia to 500 during pvp event.

I do think Gree should have made an announcement and given players an opportunity and a deadline to delete mafia.

FOR THE RECORD, I support and LOVE an open rivals list. I want to see everyone at my level. There are players in this game I only see during syndicate wars. I would like an hourly relationship with some of the guys and gals and they know who they are. You are a coward when you have 5000 mafia!

[CM]]forgetaboutit
07-03-2013, 09:17 AM
possibly as many in our group have not dropped yet.
same as my group
Android unaffected
but one android user keeps rebooting

Butt Futter
07-03-2013, 09:32 AM
I am believing Gree will do what is right and either reimburse those who bought henchmen and lost them or give som bonus gold across the board to compensate for everyone who was affected. This may be ideal to avoid having to look through every record.

Lucky for me as a strategy to have more people show up on my newsfeed I dropped mafia to 500 during pvp event.

I do think Gree should have made an announcement and given players an opportunity and a deadline to delete mafia.

FOR THE RECORD, I support and LOVE an open rivals list. I want to see everyone at my level. There are players in this game I only see during syndicate wars. I would like an hourly relationship with some of the guys and gals and they know who they are. You are a coward when you have 5000 mafia!

You shouldn't call out Fighting Cowardly like that nor Cuddle Kings.

sez
07-03-2013, 10:14 AM
This is awesome, loving all the no-bankers who were hiding behind the mafia glitch that are now donating that $$$$ :)

Funny all the tears flowing now that you can't exploit a glitch .

wa7sh the second
07-03-2013, 10:36 AM
looks like dipstick's got 0 mafia now.

Steve0
07-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Looks like they didn't delete henchmen just all mafia to make 500 including henchmen. I am still showing 500 total mafia with 13 henchmen, every time I add they delete to keep 500 but yet some people are above 500.

Deadwater
07-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Looks like they didn't delete henchmen just all mafia to make 500 including henchmen. I am still showing 500 total mafia with 13 henchmen, every time I add they delete to keep 500 but yet some people are above 500.

I'm still at 879.....

Steve0
07-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Droid or Ios?

vtwin
07-03-2013, 11:08 AM
was at 505. now at 500, so much for my +5 mafia. thanks gree

Cough "This is how the game has always worked. This will not affect those of you who have modifier items that give you +5 mafia, +3 mafia, etc."

Deadwater
07-03-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm still at 879...

Chica
07-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Mine just got cut.

itsshooter
07-03-2013, 11:19 AM
I still only attack with 500 even though I get plus 5...

Steve0
07-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Mine adds 3 mafia so that part works for me

Deadwater
07-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Never mind, they finally lowered mine to 500 and 74 henchmen..I should have boughten more.

But on a side note I tried adding someone and it added them but didn't increase mafia size..so no big deal. I'd hate to have to delete mafia members just so I can add new syndicate members

Chowda
07-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Fun and Fair? Spent too much time adding invite codes from Crime City's facebook page and this forum for you to tell me that out of 1600 members, I now only have 500?! So some how these were all henchmen even though they were real people posting their codes? Da faq!?

SmokeEater
07-03-2013, 12:09 PM
My issue with these changes is now it does not reflect the correct amount of equipment used. Prior to this change when I fought it would show 2500 items used ( one of each gun, melee, explosive, armor and vehicle) now only shows items used 391. What is up with that?

During this change a option should also be added to be able to sell off unnecessary equipment on hand. If we can only take one of each item into battle then we should be able to sell the excess.

wayno
07-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Still don't get it!
I understand there is a cap. Fine.
I went from 1088 to 500 members, but why have rivals still got more when I figut them?
Be fair!

Killakris
07-03-2013, 12:52 PM
I've been playing this game for a long time I added all of my mafia from a player code list that I posted on people's walls and from this forum... And I wake up today and I all of a sudden have 332 mafia?!! And my stats drop from 240/295 att/def to like 195/240 with NO warning?!! This is BULL****!!

And secondly, the stats have all been squed soo many players have approx a 50k swing from what they show and what you get when you attack!! Same for syn members they all see different numbers than what we see in the syn members list... Which is a HUGE prob when determining who stays and who gets cut!!

This game has become more of a frustration lately than it is fun... And when you submit a ticket... All you get in response lately is... ISSUE CLOSED... Wtf?!? You didn't even address my issue!! Lazy people doing tickets apparently! Ehhhhh disgusted!!

BigMoney
07-03-2013, 12:54 PM
People are talking about losing mafia, but how many actually checked to see if you had mafia missing? I had 576 mafia, with 73 henchmen, and I just noticed today (wasn't this way yesterday) that my profile now says that I have 500 mafia. I remember reading this topic and seeming people say they lost mafia members, so I went through my whole list and couldn't find anyone notable missing (old syndicate members, the names of the first people I added, etc). Perhaps people with 1000+ lost mafia, but I most certainly didn't lose my last 'page' of mafia because I remember the names of the first people I added and they are all still there.

Steve0
07-03-2013, 01:05 PM
So the rest of your mafia is hidden in the back ground. I deleted some to see what happened and i am still at 500. I take one away and it adds one that was missing.

Killakris
07-03-2013, 01:21 PM
930-032-149 thank you... I apparently need 170 or so mafia now =\

Legen...dary
07-03-2013, 01:27 PM
1. crimecitymafiacodes.com
2. obviously Dipstik rage-quit because he isn't here making snide comments
3. I've always wanted to be the strongest player at L200 with 10 mafia members but I have never bothered trying because my henchmen were always keeping me over 90 mafia! Now, because I didn't have over 1000 total mafia I'm blocked from the only original goal I have left that I set myself at the very beginning of the game? I want all my henchmen removed immediately so I have the opportunity to complete my last goal! I will replace them with real players if I ever need them again. (oh, and I want my 17gold back for that one I bought the first week to test it, too)

P.S. I'd love to see how the rival list would build itself at L220 with only 10 mafia members!

edit: 500 total mafia with 119 henchmen, here... one deleted and I'm still 500 mafia with 119 henchmen. No clue why GREE would need to delete any henchmen unless you had more than 500 of them. All of my members are still in the list, but the total listed just says 500... kind of like the "equipment used" being wrong.

My +5 mafia is NOT listed on the fight page. I'm only bringing 500 to a fight.

Deadwater
07-03-2013, 01:28 PM
People are talking about losing mafia, but how many actually checked to see if you had mafia missing? I had 576 mafia, with 73 henchmen, and I just noticed today (wasn't this way yesterday) that my profile now says that I have 500 mafia. I remember reading this topic and seeming people say they lost mafia members, so I went through my whole list and couldn't find anyone notable missing (old syndicate members, the names of the first people I added, etc). Perhaps people with 1000+ lost mafia, but I most certainly didn't lose my last 'page' of mafia because I remember the names of the first people I added and they are all still there.

Yeah no one was taken off my list and I can still add people. But obviously the 500 count doesn't go up. So once again this issue is a non issue and maybe actually only affects a small percentage of players

dispohero
07-03-2013, 02:47 PM
snipped...
My +5 mafia is NOT listed on the fight page. I'm only bringing 500 to a fight. i sent a ticket about this. their response was that its just a visual issue and the increase/decrease is still working in the background. not sure i believe them, but that's what they said.

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Does GREE realise that they will eliminate the need for poeple to use GOLD for VIP?

From my MW faction, I can see posts from players not quite understanding what is going on.

Showing 500 (maxed) on a users profile when they have paid Gold to get more than that.......

Assault and Flattery
07-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies and feedback. We hope that this is a positive change and I want to remind you that nothing fundamental has actually changed - the game has always worked like this, but we're making it visually clearer now. I want to reiterate - no real people have been removed. We've noticed a display bug in iOS that's not showing all of your friends, but they haven't really been removed.

A few things to note!

-Henchmen, low level players, and high level players are and have always been the same in relation to your stats. Having all level 250 players doesn't benefit you, and having all level 1 players or henchmen isn't a detriment.

-You can and have always been able to use 5x your level in mafia, with a cap at 500 when you hit level 100. If you added more people than that, they did not add to your stats. Nothing has changed about this except that we made it a lot clearer.

-If you ever hit the ghost bug, this is now a thing of the past!

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Also, it will damage any external website that is aimed at providing extra allies etc - which entice people to download your game etc!!

As I have just spent £1k on a website myself recentyl, this would serioulsly harm my site before it even gets off the ground! Not to mention the many others that are indexed on the first page of search engines that promote GREE Games.

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies and feedback. We hope that this is a positive change and I want to remind you that nothing fundamental has actually changed - the game has always worked like this, but we're making it visually clearer now. I want to reiterate - no real people have been removed. We've noticed a display bug in iOS that's not showing all of your friends, but they haven't really been removed.

A few things to note!

-Henchmen, low level players, and high level players are and have always been the same in relation to your stats. Having all level 250 players doesn't benefit you, and having all level 1 players or henchmen isn't a detriment.

-You can and have always been able to use 5x your level in mafia, with a cap at 500 when you hit level 100. If you added more people than that, they did not add to your stats. Nothing has changed about this except that we made it a lot clearer.

I appreciate that and it makes sense but why hide the total player mafia/allies etc from the users personal profile? Let them see the total.

Deadwater
07-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Hey guys,

A few things to note!

It's hard to accept, but this is how other gree games work.
Nothing has changed, visually it's best and now no one is hiding in the glitch.
Technically speaking...let the hunting begin

Thanks for the pop in A&F

Mag member t
07-03-2013, 03:03 PM
In some respects I aGREE (no pun intended) with the compensation part but I see why they have done it, it makesthe game harder which is better and more fair , it also will make LTQ and battles alot closer instead of fight club and others hiding behind tons of Mafia men. Compensation is still need for those like me who spend a good deal of gold for the henchman
E

IP:7500 ish
Lvl: 88
Name: t
Att:120000
Def:111000
Add me :129084998. Bit pointless but for those who need it
Syn:the inglorious basterds ...... top 150

CK-Athena
07-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Would have been nice if Gree thought the opposite direction and increased the number of mafia allowed, instead of taking away. I have several old friends I talked to that are now gone from my mafia list.

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Not happy about this change....

Now lost friends etc on my list...

Why not just keep it the way it was but limit to 500 as you have done but change the user display instead. Bad move.

GREE should consult with GOLD paying members first before making such changes.

I spend around £200 GBP per month with GREE.... Really not happy.

Steve0
07-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Hey guys,

A few things to note!

So this only affected Ios users? Android users are not affected by this bug? Or are you only singling out Ios users because we dont get 100% drop rate anymore?

sez
07-03-2013, 03:27 PM
I highly highly doubt anyone cares about "old friends" in your mafia list lol. Now you have to collect your buildings on time, no more no banking, and will now also take the daily beatings all of us at a normal mafia number have had to take.

Their was zero, zero reason to have over 500 mafia other then to use the glitch to YOUR advantage and be unseen in the rivals list. Quit crying, take your hits and dish them out, or buy gold to get stronger.

Welcome back to Crime City, see ya soon ;)

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 03:40 PM
I highly highly doubt anyone cares about "old friends" in your mafia list lol. Now you have to collect your buildings on time, no more no banking, and will now also take the daily beatings all of us at a normal mafia number have had to take.

Their was zero, zero reason to have over 500 mafia other then to use the glitch to YOUR advantage and be unseen in the rivals list. Quit crying, take your hits and dish them out, or buy gold to get stronger.

Welcome back to Crime City, see ya soon ;)

The glitch was an old glitch that was fixed as you must know - so has nothing to do with that.

Lets see how GREE do with the VIP GOLD then for starters.

Why would anyone now use Gold to get VIP status when you can currently search online and get 500 members in a day or so if you wanted to. It was a nice option and quick fix which members of my MW faction have used before battle to gain a fast 50 - 100 new allies etc.

I did have nearly 2,000 mafia members - I don't know now which ones I had as friends from ages back as they have been reduced to 500.

I can't now accept new members? The one thing that makes GREE Games stand out is the social network side of it, which they are destroying in one go!!!

SOCIAL MEDIA is the way forward - people have over 500 contacts even in a game!!!! :D

This is a bad move by GREE in my opinion.

This is my 2 cents worth :)

sez
07-03-2013, 03:48 PM
When was the glitch fixed other then just the past 48 hrs? Now that everyone is at 500 mafia I'm seeing people I haven't seen in months and a ton of new targets. It was not fixed for me.

I never go in my mafia list because my game freezes and crashes. I couldn't imagine having 2000 mafia members that I communicated with often.

You're free to have your opinion, no problem, but why would anyone use VIP if you already have 500 mafia? You're not adding "friends" it's random players to add to your mafia total so you can disappear. Not you personally, just saying. People will still use gold for VIP when they need to reach 500.

Again, no point or purpose for over 500 mafia.

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 04:04 PM
When was the glitch fixed other then just the past 48 hrs? Now that everyone is at 500 mafia I'm seeing people I haven't seen in months and a ton of new targets. It was not fixed for me.

I never go in my mafia list because my game freezes and crashes. I couldn't imagine having 2000 mafia members that I communicated with often.

You're free to have your opinion, no problem, but why would anyone use VIP if you already have 500 mafia? You're not adding "friends" it's random players to add to your mafia total so you can disappear. Not you personally, just saying. People will still use gold for VIP when they need to reach 500.

Again, no point or purpose for over 500 mafia.

I appreciate the new targets, some I didn't need to have as mafia friends, ones that made friends so that I didn't attack them :)

But there are ones from ages back that I can no longer see - so, we need to add them again. But how, they are now lost? Don't get me wrong, I can live with that! :)

I will accept this is a good move by GREE if they improve the user social backend more but I feel they are missing a social network trick....

I will also have to accept that this is a cut-throat game! I will now only have henchmen on my list.

Ok, this hurt me for a bit this change, but I am getting over it - just very sudden by GREE....

PS: I also submitted a ticket to GREE several months back about new members not displaying correctly in the mafia list.

Happy Gaming!

vitus79
07-03-2013, 04:08 PM
it feels strange but i have to agree with Sez here and want to thank Gree for giving me old rivals back, especially those who got rich and fat in months without attacks and robs.

first day in over a week i could use my 200 stamina and had fun doing so, so please stay lazy collecting until i can pay my next transtech upgrade😂👍

all the arguments about losing friends is bs. how often did u visit any of the strangers, especially those added via VIP?
ya,thought so...

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 04:09 PM
A member of IMF did try to warn me about this weeks back (mafia limit) - I should have listened :D

sez
07-03-2013, 04:10 PM
It seems most of the community has embarrassed the chat apps like Group Me, Kik and Kakao Talk to name a few. Hit them up in those or maybe post your chat name on your wall so people can find you.

Happy Gaming to you as well, enjoy the 4th of July weekend if you're from 'Murica ;)

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 04:10 PM
it feels strange but i have to agree with Sez here and want to thank Gree for giving me old rivals back, especially those who got rich and fat in months without attacks and robs.

first day in over a week i could use my 200 stamina and had fun doing so, so please stay lazy collecting until i can pay my next transtech upgrade����

all the arguments about losing friends is bs. how often did u visit any of the strangers, especially those added via VIP?
ya,thought so...

I aGREE too. I felt the pain for a bit emotionally :) Now over it!!!

sez
07-03-2013, 04:13 PM

first day in over a week i could use my 200 stamina and had fun doing so, so please stay lazy collecting until i can pay my next transtech upgrade😂👍

ya,thought so...

You do more then agree with me Sugar Britches <3 xoxo

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 04:13 PM
It seems most of the community has embarrassed the chat apps like Group Me, Kik and Kakao Talk to name a few. Hit them up in those or maybe post your chat name on your wall so people can find you.

Happy Gaming to you as well, enjoy the 4th of July weekend if you're from 'Murica ;)

From UK myself but enjoy 4th July to anyone from USA :D

Deadwater
07-03-2013, 04:21 PM
The glitch was an old glitch that was fixed as you must know - so has nothing to do with that.

Lets see how GREE do with the VIP GOLD then for starters.

Why would anyone now use Gold to get VIP status when you can currently search online and get 500 members in a day or so if you wanted to. It was a nice option and quick fix which members of my MW faction have used before battle to gain a fast 50 - 100 new allies etc.

I did have nearly 2,000 mafia members - I don't know now which ones I had as friends from ages back as they have been reduced to 500.

I can't now accept new members? The one thing that makes GREE Games stand out is the social network side of it, which they are destroying in one go!!!

SOCIAL MEDIA is the way forward - people have over 500 contacts even in a game!!!! :D

This is a bad move by GREE in my opinion.

This is my 2 cents worth :)

You can accept new mafia members, but visually your count won't go up. I've already added people and they are in my mafia list

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 04:22 PM
You can accept new mafia members, but visually your count won't go up. I've already added people and they are in my mafia list

Ah, good to know, thanks Deadwater :)

mr_bossman
07-03-2013, 04:27 PM
BTW: I am still reading comments from players that are well pi ss ed after spending shed loads on gold to get allies in MW faction and CC syndicate via the in-game forums.

I may be over it but not everyone else will be....

Deadwater
07-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Ah, good to know, thanks Deadwater :)

As A&F was saying its all visually that changed. I believe a small portion of people got mafia members removed if they were extremely high (2000 mafia count) but It doesn't change the formulas for attacks/robs. But it sounds like a small percentage of people did have a negative effect towards stats. But those people should just send in a ticket or get their mafia back up to 500...not a big deal

AliKat
07-03-2013, 05:07 PM
So the count shows as 500 mafia... I still have well over that number and deleted 30 and the number hasn't changed.... I also still have 69 henchmen

CJ54
07-03-2013, 05:53 PM

So, one of the bugs that this was addressing: Since the beginning of the game, actually impossible to get above 1000 real people (around 1000 anyway, the exact number varied) connected to your account; going above 1000 would add "ghost" mafia (basically the number on your profile would go up but the person wouldn't be added).

A lot of people, when they got to several thousand mafia, would start wondering why they couldn't see their recently added friends and then start removing people, until they'd only see a handful of real people and the rest would be ghosts. Some players didn't really notice at all, but now do. So there was a lot of confusion already with the existing bugs.

We haven't seen a confirmed case yet of someone losing real people (just those people no longer counting towards the game total). Also, the first reports that we received of people suddenly losing mafia came in after we made the forum posts last night and before the actual change went out this morning, so at least some of that was preemptive terror.

Jayo-XK1
07-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I had 972 mafia members, im positive 472 whrre not henchmen, yet my mafia went down to 500, i guess it doesnt matter but kinda sucks lol i added alot of people

Angel6ix6ix6
07-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah right.

Legen...dary
07-03-2013, 09:45 PM
pffft... I still want all my henchmen gone! I still want to know what the rival list looks like when I'm at L220 with 10 mafia members!

Thanks for all the clarification, mods... everything looks awesome and my rival list has opened WAY up, though with 650 or so "real count" mafia members I NEVER see anyone with less than 500 mafia. No more rat-catching unless you are right around 500 "real count", it seems. My rival list is now everyone from 500 - 2000 all thrown in together and listed as 500 mafia members... Awesome! Exactly as it should have always been. Thank you!

Edit: How has Dipstik managed to stay away from this thread! DID he rage quit?!?!

Rollster
07-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi everyone,

This will not affect those of you who have modifier items that give you +5 mafia, +3 mafia, etc.

that wrong sry, i lost 10 mafia on main and i have two modifier, 510 mafia, u drop me at 500
for camper account 1 modifier 505 mafia, u drop me at 500.

not realy what u say.

if i read u remove henchem first, i lost 10 + 5 henchem from reward maps or game ?

lol... that not serious to announce that no ?

Zedsta
07-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Ive sent ticket. I had over 1000 real ppl. I get that u dropped it to 500. But it dropped to 141 real mafia wtf

Rollster
07-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone,

This will not affect those of you who have modifier items that give you +5 mafia, +3 mafia, etc.

that wrong sry, i lost 10 mafia on main and i have two modifier, 510 mafia, u drop me at 500
for camper account 1 modifier 505 mafia, u drop me at 500.

not realy what u say.

if i read u remove henchem first, i lost 10 + 5 henchem from reward maps or game ?

lol... that not serious to announce that no ?

i just try to add 5 mafia, the size don't move, im always at 500 in fight or not.

so i have BUY two modifier for have more mafia and they don't work. that cost more like an henchem if i'm right no ?

waiting ur answer for the modifier and what u say for " modifier are not affect "

SC4R
07-03-2013, 10:49 PM
please take my henchmen, I just can't shake em off me

Zedsta
07-03-2013, 11:09 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Zedsta_2007/Screenshot_2013-07-03-23-20-24.png (http://s180.photobucket.com/user/Zedsta_2007/media/Screenshot_2013-07-03-23-20-24.png.htm
l)
not only they dropped me to 141 mafia.

BigNick
07-03-2013, 11:25 PM
If you currently have more than 1000 mafia, the extras will be removed. No real people will be removed, but henchmen will be. If you have 500 real people and 500 henchmen, the henchmen will be removed. If you have over 1000 real people, nobody will be removed, but only 500 count towards your stats. If you have under 500 mafia, there is no change.

Erm.......I had about 1156 mafia roughly, when I scrolled to bottom it said you have 97 henchmen and 1059 ( roughly) mafia.
I now have 500 mafia which includes 97 henchmen!!! So gree have removed over 600 real players from me?? And NO henchmen

Rollster
07-03-2013, 11:52 PM
well on Ios on Fight i have 505 now...

on droid 500 in fight, but i read another bug from see 510.. i hope i have 510.. i see 500..

anyway.. bug or not bug... who know :D

cookies
07-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Last night I had a wonderfully scrollable mafia list for a short time. Today morning it is back to the list that is only showing 50 at a time and more members have to be loaded by hand. The annoying part about this list is that after you scroll down, load, scroll, load and the delete someone, the whole mafia list resets back to the top, forcing us to start scrolling and loading again every single time.
This makes managing mafia an absolute drag.

Could we please have a list that stays loaded for a game session (or at least a certain amount of time) and keeps its current position when someone is deleted while you are at it?

Also, reworking the mafia list is something that has been overdue for years now. How about making it sortable by name and level?
Bonus cookies if you also added showing the mafia members attack and defense values.

(CK) EL
07-04-2013, 12:30 AM
i had 1200 mafia including hencmen
now my profile says 500 and either if i add or remove mafia this number doesn't change
I counted my mafia and sow that i still have 1200 !!
Gree didn't remove any of my hencmen or my mafia, everybody is there to visit or chat or anything,
what has changed is only the number of mafia that it is dispayed.
If i add a player, the new player is added to my mod but the 500 number doesn't change
if i remove it doesn't change also, but if i had 500 or less mafia members then by removing a member, the number would be reduced.
As far as for mafia modifiers.
For android you see 500 in PVP no matter if you have modifier or not but for IOS you can see the the more mafia you use ..eg... 510 against 495 (i guess you must have those 10 extra members even if they are not displayed)

So... Gree did a good job here.. at least for the majority of players.
no henchmen removed so no complaints from customers (asking gold back etc)
you can find all your friends if you scroll down your mafia
you cannot go to high mafia and be invissible

i like it :)
Still the rival's list is glitchy :mad:

chavit
07-04-2013, 12:49 AM
So whats next? require us to use gold to add a mafia. This is just so unfair!

Aeternitas
07-04-2013, 01:20 AM
My "Enemy Mafia Size Reduction" of -2 doesn't seem to work. Fight screen shows rival still has 500 mafia instead of 498. Rival stats also bumped up but who knows if this is another bug. Kinda scared now to report bugs. Please don't do anything if you don't know how to fix it(?)

TRAZ
07-04-2013, 05:04 AM
Mostly epic fail on this one Gree. What's the resolution for all the problem reports submitted on this?

Chica
07-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Maybe this was the reason for that weapon. A preemptive strike.

The real cosmo
07-04-2013, 06:19 AM
Erm.......I had about 1156 mafia roughly, when I scrolled to bottom it said you have 97 henchmen and 1059 ( roughly) mafia.
I now have 500 mafia which includes 97 henchmen!!! So gree have removed over 600 real players from me?? And NO henchmen[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. 328 real players removed, but still have 91 henchman.

I also have old deleted mafia requests back on my wall. Most likely they coincide with deleted players.

Leezygeezer
07-04-2013, 06:49 AM
I had 1200 mafia, when i first started playing nearly 2 years ago a mate of mine told me that the more mafia you had the stronger you became so I went nuts on mafia adder sites like a total noob lol

I never noticed any effect from mafia being so high? I still got robbed and attacked so I don't see what the fuss is all about, I tried a purge once and got it down to just over a thousand but when I joined a syndicate I had to add a shedload more people.

It was such a ballache to get rid of them that I just couldn't be arsed so I suppose gree have done me a favour, except for the 2 misclicks when I accidentaly purchased henchmen, I wasn't even aware that you could submit a ticket for misclicks then!!!

What a downer! anyone who spent gold on a vip when there are thousands of people on mafia adder sites are in my opinion either lazy or dumb but hey each to their own eh? :D

Tommy Two Toes
07-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Gree,

Two issues I think haven't been thought out with your 'bug fix.'

A) If my count is 1000+, and you drop real people from my mafia, you aren't just affecting my count, you are affecting theirs too. They might not be over 500.

B) If you set the cap right at the max, it means that people have to check their mafia count regularly, to ensure they are bringing 500 to battle, in the event that someone dropped them, or Gree did to fix another bug. Setting the threshold a little higher, would allow some breathing room.

Now say sorry, and give everyone another crappy item.

Chica
07-04-2013, 07:31 AM
As far as. I know you can be on theres and remove them from yours.

TZora
07-04-2013, 07:42 AM
16 pages .. here's to summarize .. this game is effed :o

(CCK) Cam
07-04-2013, 07:51 AM
16 pages .. here's to summarize .. this game is effed :olol, I like it like this - gree is too greedy.

Sandukan
07-04-2013, 08:07 AM
If mafia over 500 is such a problem why not just cap mafia at 500?
If people want to add someone new and they are at the limit let them remove another.

My fight result screen is shyte again. I wold submit a ticket but why wait a month for a useless response. In a month I might not be playing this game.
Lot's of "dancers" need my cash to pay for college.

potvin
07-04-2013, 11:28 PM
The answer is simple...stop adding more than 500 mafia as it does jack for your stats

Sweet2177
07-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Bump bump hump

piratehtd
07-05-2013, 08:27 AM
I just found out all the mafia is still there everyone had. It only says 500. Try deleting 1 person and the number wont change. I had about 680 mafia originally. I removed a little over 3 refreshes of 50 people each and then the 500 mafia finally started dropping to 499, 498 ... So it looks like the players are still there just not counted.

Slamming
07-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Why did my stats just decrease by more than 10K? I have spent so much time and gold bringing my stats up, and I am getting really sick of the glitches that hurt us.... Please answer this!

(CK) EL
07-06-2013, 12:04 AM
The answer is simple...stop adding more than 500 mafia as it does jack for your stats

More than 500 mafia did jack for your stats anyway, you just didn't know it as displayed stats were glitchy

I just found out all the mafia is still there everyone had. It only says 500. Try deleting 1 person and the number wont change. I had about 680 mafia originally. I removed a little over 3 refreshes of 50 people each and then the 500 mafia finally started dropping to 499, 498 ... So it looks like the players are still there just not counted.

amen...

Why did my stats just decrease by more than 10K? I have spent so much time and gold bringing my stats up, and I am getting really sick of the glitches that hurt us.... Please answer this!

your real stats didn't decrease, your displayed stats did

before you make a new account and start whinning, maybe you should spend half an hour and read previous posts.
Administrator and many other users have clarify the "stat's decrease" issue
...unless you r trolling which will be very obvious by your next post :cool:

JaceD
07-06-2013, 06:52 AM
How has Dipstik managed to stay away from this thread! DID he rage quit?!?!

While I'm a bit surprised by Dipstik's absence in this thread as well, let me assure you Legen...dary that he did not and will not ever rage quit. It is in his destiny to be the last man standing.

Let me tell you something. I quit this game in August 2012, deleted the app off my phone and never looked back. It was a relief to no longer be a slave to my phone when the alarm went off every single day at 10:10AM & 10:10PM. While I don't miss the app, for some reason I still find this forum entertaining. So I check it out now and then, without a clue as to why I'm still drawn in. I mean, I don't even know what anyone's talking about 75% of the time; the game has completely changed since I left almost one year ago. It just seems like such a pointless way for me to spend my time. But you know, that's life, everyone has a couple weird habits they can't explain, and I figured it doesn't affect my health or cause me to slack in my responsibilities, so who cares? I continued to read.

After doing some deep thinking about my motivations, I came to the realization that there has always been a reason to continue coming back, whether I was consciously aware of it or not: To see the day that Dipstik becomes the strongest player in Crime City.

I don't know when this day will come, but I know it will. And on this day, the forum will be a joyous place as we all share the news of Dipstik's success. Of course, the forum will only consist of Dipstik and a few other weirdos like myself, so it won't take long for everyone to be informed. The responsibility then lies on us to alert the world. We'll start with friends, family members, co-workers, neighbors, anyone we might encounter during our daily travels. Never again will we have to deal with the awkward silence on elevators with strangers, as we have valuable information to share with our fellow elevator-riders.

As the word spreads like rapid fire, it won't be long before all the major news channels do a special on it and alert the world. The day on which Dipstik conquered Crime City will become a national holiday in the United States. The faces of Benjamin Franklin, Ulysses S. Grant, Andrew Jackson, Alexander Hamilton, Abraham Lincoln, and George Washington will be replaced by ponies on the various amounts of paper currency in the US, with the slogan "In Dipstik We Trust" underneath. Jefferson can stay as Dipstik's reputation could be tarnished by being associated with something so absurd as a 2-dollar note.

Fear not, my friend. This day will surely come and when it does it will be legen... wait for it...

JessMo
07-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Since the "bug fix" I have list 460 mafia members. My problem is I contacted CC about the issue I'm about to discuss and they sent me the same standard message that is posted on the forum. They have removed all my syndicate members but 3. My leader, all high level members are gone. When I go to visit mafia so I can visit people in my syndicates hoods, they are all gone!!! So are they there abd not showing up? Will they be there for wars?? CC is so not helping me in any way on this issue!

poo hands
07-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Yeah I just had a ticket answered about replacing the silenced pistols with the mayors pistols. Gree fixed that promptly however somehow in that process they dropped me down to 250 mafia. Wtf are they doing.?

[CM]]forgetaboutit
07-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah I just had a ticket answered about replacing the silenced pistols with the mayors pistols. Gree fixed that promptly however somehow in that process they dropped me down to 250 mafia. Wtf are they doing.?
Thats's just it they don't know what they are doing

Dipstik
07-08-2013, 11:31 AM
While I'm a bit surprised by Dipstik's absence in this thread as well, let me assure you Legen...dary that he did not and will not ever rage quit. It is in his destiny to be the last man standing.

Let me tell you something. I quit this game in August 2012, deleted the app off my phone and never looked back. It was a relief to no longer be a slave to my phone when the alarm went off every single day at 10:10AM & 10:10PM. While I don't miss the app, for some reason I still find this forum entertaining. So I check it out now and then, without a clue as to why I'm still drawn in. I mean, I don't even know what anyone's talking about 75% of the time; the game has completely changed since I left almost one year ago. It just seems like such a pointless way for me to spend my time. But you know, that's life, everyone has a couple weird habits they can't explain, and I figured it doesn't affect my health or cause me to slack in my responsibilities, so who cares? I continued to read.

After doing some deep thinking about my motivations, I came to the realization that there has always been a reason to continue coming back, whether I was consciously aware of it or not: To see the day that Dipstik becomes the strongest player in Crime City.

I don't know when this day will come, but I know it will. And on this day, the forum will be a joyous place as we all share the news of Dipstik's success. Of course, the forum will only consist of Dipstik and a few other weirdos like myself, so it won't take long for everyone to be informed. The responsibility then lies on us to alert the world. We'll start with friends, family members, co-workers, neighbors, anyone we might encounter during our daily travels. Never again will we have to deal with the awkward silence on elevators with strangers, as we have valuable information to share with our fellow elevator-riders.

As the word spreads like rapid fire, it won't be long before all the major news channels do a special on it and alert the world. The day on which Dipstik conquered Crime City will become a national holiday in the United States. The faces of Benjamin Franklin, Ulysses S. Grant, Andrew Jackson, Alexander Hamilton, Abraham Lincoln, and George Washington will be replaced by ponies on the various amounts of paper currency in the US, with the slogan "In Dipstik We Trust" underneath. Jefferson can stay as Dipstik's reputation could be tarnished by being associated with something so absurd as a 2-dollar note.

Fear not, my friend. This day will surely come and when it does it will be legen... wait for it...

...DARY!

I just don't usually bother posting in mod threads. Or reading them after the initial announcement. I enjoyed this though... Ego thoroughly stoked.

Marcaw
07-09-2013, 07:11 PM
My mafia members just randomly dropped to 123! I'm screwed in the war. Gree are not getting another penny from me. I sent a message to gree to get an automatic response the same as in this forum. For a game I've ploughed real hard earned money into this is not acceptable

Dipstik
07-09-2013, 07:15 PM
My mafia members just randomly dropped to 123! I'm screwed in the war. Gree are not getting another penny from me. I sent a message to gree to get an automatic response the same as in this forum. For a game I've ploughed real hard earned money into this is not acceptable

They probably all dropped you from their mafia. If you're worried about your mafia leaving you defenseless right before a war, buy henchmen. Friends can leave you at the drop of a hat, but henchmen are forever. They fight ferociously, and they fear neither death nor pain.

Not Gree's fault.

Marcaw
07-09-2013, 07:23 PM
They probably all dropped you from their mafia. If you're worried about your mafia leaving you defenseless right before a war, buy henchmen. Friends can leave you at the drop of a hat, but henchmen are forever. They fight ferociously, and they fear neither death nor pain.

Not Gree's fault.

I went from over 1000 to 123. Gree said it wouldn't drop below 500 which is obviously wrong.

I've been playing the game well over 2 years and have never seen anything to do with buying 'henchmen'

Dipstik
07-09-2013, 07:26 PM
That's probably why all your supposed "friends" ditched you. Look under the store->special menu. You can also win them as prizes for various jobs/events. Best investment in the game.

Marcaw
07-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Ok so you mean the extra mafia member? Didn't know they were referred to as henchmen. I'm not so obsessed with the game to use forums, I only registered here for info on the endless bugs this game gets

Dipstik
07-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Ok so you mean the extra mafia member? Didn't know they were referred to as henchmen. I'm not so obsessed with the game to use forums, I only registered here for info on the endless bugs this game gets

So everyone ELSE who uses the forum is obsessed, but not YOU. YOU have a perfectly rational reason, right? I think I see why all your friends left you.

Marcaw
07-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Jeez your defensive. I guess dipstick is a description of you.

I'm simply suggesting that to learn more detailed information of this game, the finer points you have to read this forum. Such as henchmen as you informed me. I like the game but I'm not that obsessed that I feel it necessary to read forums on it. I think I'll leave it at that. Don't want to agitate that chip on your shoulder any further.

Dipstik
07-10-2013, 05:56 AM
They're called henchmen in the game. "You're welcome." See if I offer to help you again.

R3dbull
07-11-2013, 05:07 AM
My mafia members just randomly dropped to 123! I'm screwed in the war. Gree are not getting another penny from me. I sent a message to gree to get an automatic response the same as in this forum. For a game I've ploughed real hard earned money into this is not acceptablesame with me, dont worry. didnt get an answer since days!

Turja
07-17-2013, 02:44 AM
I hope it works, but I doubt it. And yes there should be gold given. I just don't want any problems in my stats. :)

The Douche
07-17-2013, 05:40 AM
During the Civic Center battle, my syndicate came across a guy that still had over 1000 mafia.

http://d2bm3ljpacyxu8.cloudfront.net/fit/1920x1920/union-quebec.webs.com/2013-07-15-13-49-46-resize.jpg

Chopperhawes
07-17-2013, 10:21 AM
I went from just over 500 mafia to 206. Never purchased henchman so surely my count was legit. Why am I seeing the reduction?

landocalrizi
07-17-2013, 12:52 PM
thanks for the info.