PDA

View Full Version : This shid is dying,really..

Ruston
07-02-2013, 01:16 AM
So i lost my lead.. all theses crashes, reinstalls, LAG, HARDWARE LAG is really making this loose the very essence of gameplay, and keeping the edge ahead of others to not be 24/7 ****d and plundered takes an INSANE amount of life-hours!

Wow... 1000 new quests.. but killing off 3 ****ty orcs for 15 energy each takes 4 minutes due to crappy lagfreezes and standstills( which is the result of subaverage programming and lousy graphic layout.)

And when you think that the quest is going your way is decides to start to crash.. the proper way also.. it crashes so you cannot even start the app again.. you have to reinstall!!

Great that this once so easy(for us normal people who actually have to study/work/sleep/eat/help others during our lives also) and enjoyable game has turned into some delirious crack-fantasy!

I used to be awesome at this, but since my time ingame is consumed by reinstalling the application instead of following LTQ's thru i lost my flow.

So what do i want to say by this post?..
Nothing really other than some angry rants to gree and some joyful chants about me not being addicted enough to stay.

-Keep selling your drug to kids gree, you can still earn more money!

echus14
07-02-2013, 01:35 AM
I assume from the general silence on the forum that there isn't any prevalent or persistent crashing, etc, occurring for most players. You might want to check your own iOS device (both hardware and software) to see if that is the root of the issue. In particular, I recall that players with a first generation iPad faced a lot more problems with KA than others.

RandomUser
07-02-2013, 03:55 AM
I run games concurrently on my iPod and iPhone. The difference in response and gameplay is night and day. I gave up trying to make my iPod game something useful as it crashes frequently and is slow to respond as well. I've stopped raiding and attacking with it, as it will invariably crash within a few attacks and the final blow to a manor never gets to happen, and in the meantime, I provide a link back to my kingdom.

In GREE's defense, supporting a game across an increasing number of platforms and iOS versions takes a lot of work when you want to make updates. To truly fix the problem would probably require stripping out a ton of code and starting over - something I don't expect to happen for the small percentage of people still trying to play on antique gear (more than 1.5 years old). Yes, that's sarcasm for those of you Sheldons out there without the ability to detect it.

Bluedood
07-02-2013, 07:13 AM
I play my LLP on a first gen iPad, and there are some crashes and freeze ups for sure. However, those crashes happen after I have used other apps and surfed the web and the device has used up whatever memory it has. Several times people have posted a good way to fix or minimize the issue. Double tap your home button quickly, this pulls up all of the apps running on your device in the background. Hold down one of the app icons until all shake and a red minus sign appears above them all. Select all of the apps you are not using right now, then press the home button again. This will free up memory and make the game run more stable. I made sure to do this before opening kingdom age each time during the last war, had one crash out of 36 wars. Hope this helps.

John 3013
07-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Like, you, my ipad1 crashes. The iPad1 had 256k
My ipad2 does not crash ... it has 512K.
My iPhone4 does not crash.
My daughters iPhone3 crashes.
My daughters ipad2 does not crash.
My sons ipad3 does not crash.
My wifes ipad3 does not crash.

Yes we have our very own in house clan :)

The key to keeping your ipad1 from crashing is to clear your memory prior to launching the app. Instructions on how to do this have been posted in previous comments.

Don't blame Gree for an app that consume to much memory ... they are working adding new features and each addition will consume additional memory.

Perhaps it's time to update your hardware :)

Person
07-02-2013, 10:28 AM
You paying? It's lagging and crashing regularly but not to the point it becomes impossible to play. I use a 3rd gen iPod touch

jonny0284
07-02-2013, 12:25 PM
You paying? It's lagging and crashing regularly but not to the point it becomes impossible to play. I use a 3rd gen iPod touch

3rd Gen iPod touch = iPhone 3G(S)

See also: extinct.

People need to pony up or stop using TI-83's to play Kingdom Age. Oh, they also need to stop complaining about their own hardware faults. NOT GREE. NOT KINGDOM AGE.

THEIR OWN CASIO 90x.

Iphazard
07-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Have to agree with Jonny on this one. I'm an ipad1 user and the experience is pretty poor at this point. But clearly it's on me to upgrade my tools, not expect Gree to develop for an essentially defunct platform. I'd hate for developers to downgrade the experience of the whole to develop for the lowest common denominator. Especially considering that I'm pretty sure they already do a device check on loading the game and reduce things like background elements and weather effects for older generation devices.

Frankly, Safari, the native email client, iBooks, and almost all of my other commonly used apps on the iPad1 are growing increasingly unusable - slow with frequent crashes. Unfortunately I'm leaning more toward retiring the device rather than upgrading, but that sure isn't Gree's fault.

leek
07-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Hey Ruston, upgrade your hardware and all the problems you have will go away. Be at peace

[DW] maretzky
07-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Your device is dying, bro. Buy a new one...

mmalkove
07-02-2013, 03:52 PM
LOL Johny TI-83 reference! you must be as old as me. I think I still have my Ti-99 4a and my TRS80! Going to load kingdom age on them now to see if it crashes ;). I play on an iphone 5, never crashed.

Mickeytah
07-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Oh, they also need to stop complaining about their own hardware faults. NOT GREE. NOT KINGDOM AGE.

Hey, I can't get the game to work on my commodore 64. Any suggestions?

Valid or
07-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Ti,commodore 64. Lol I hate to think it, but I still have my first computers, IBM pet and my Vic 20(compleat with tape drive), yea,yea I know I am old...lol or so my kids tell me..but don't feel it. As I say, I am old enough to know better, but still young enough to do it again.

Person
07-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Awful. You can't expect everyone to change device every 2 years, unless they halve their price or something, I'm only a student, I don't have much cash lol.

Valid or
07-02-2013, 11:03 PM
It's not as much your device is fully obsolete(as long as the os updates its still good), as much as it is the more content they add to keep the majority of us happy, the more resources it needs to run. the slower and more problems, tend to happen on systems with less resorces available.

Shinazueli
07-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Awful. You can't expect everyone to change device every 2 years, unless they halve their price or something, I'm only a student, I don't have much cash lol.

While all of us also have budgets, you also can't expect the developer to not expand the game and it's memory requirements. And the ipad1 is waaaaaaaay more than 2 years old.

Mickeytah
07-04-2013, 12:03 AM

No, you can't expect everyone to do that, but many people do get the newer stuff, and you can't expect developers to not take advantage of hardware that can do more just to appease a small handful.

jonny0284
07-04-2013, 06:44 PM
No, you can't expect everyone to do that, but many people do get the newer stuff, and you can't expect developers to not take advantage of hardware that can do more just to appease a small handful.

But, I still have a Playstation 1, why can't they make Battlefield 4 for it? This is preposterous. An outrage. Dang you SONY!

That's the general idea of what this thread looks like.

U WISH
07-04-2013, 07:09 PM
But, I still have a Playstation 1, why can't they make Battlefield 4 for it? This is preposterous. An outrage. Dang you SONY!

Easy way to Upgrade your devices ! this has worked for me Many times, follow instruction to enlightenment !
1] Check your Home and Contents Insurance for accidental damage
2] Get unit and unplug (saftey reasons)
3] Go to Shed/garage get decent Hammer or Axe
4] carefully place direct hit on top of unit watching debris dont get you in eyes
5] Place back inside and call Insurers explain it just happened when was not at home
6] Most agencies replace New for OLD and wait for re-imbursment cheque
7] Go buy the New Ipad or I5 or what ever it takes to make you happy
8] Repeat in 2-3 years time as Insurance excess will have dropped by then

Shinazueli
07-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Easy way to Upgrade your devices ! this has worked for me Many times, follow instruction to enlightenment !
4] carefully place direct hit on top of unit watching debris dont get you in eyes
5] Place back inside and call Insurers explain it just happened when was not at home

So what you're saying is people like you are why home insurance premiums blow goats? Understood.

jonny0284
07-04-2013, 07:32 PM

LOL. Tsk tsk.

jonny0284
07-04-2013, 07:33 PM
So what you're saying is people like you are why home insurance premiums blow goats? Understood.

He's in Australia. Who knows what those blokes do?

Shinazueli
07-04-2013, 08:43 PM
He's in Australia. Who knows what those blokes do?

Given the multinational nature of corporations and the economy it probably affects me. And the relative dishonest disgusts me to boot.

Ratma2001
07-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Given the multinational nature of corporations and the economy it probably affects me. And the relative dishonest disgusts me to boot.

Dont listen to him Shin !, he's just goating you , he probably doesnt even have insurance let alone a house !but our insurers are Mainly Australian unless you go with the Big companies then it might affect you but doubt it.
you need to understand Aussie humor ! it takes a bit to get use to same as our sayings . If it aint broke then smash it then fix it , gives us something to do on weekends

Shinazueli
07-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Yeah but he's giving ideas to people here.

Greybeard
07-05-2013, 05:15 AM
Unfortunately, home insurance deductibles are usually more than the cost of the new unit, so, this wouldn't be a great idea. I know mine is 1000$ just to keep the premiums down. But, I really believe he was just joking.

jonny0284
07-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Yeah, it sounds like an attempt at humor.

mmalkove
07-09-2013, 02:34 PM
OK, UWish. I just finished step 4 and smashed my Ipad. Wait what is this insurance you speak of in step 1? did I mess up?;)

Mickeytah
07-10-2013, 12:10 AM

Because Sony hates you.

RandomUser
07-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Now that I hear your responses, I understand why my device can't keep up with the really intense 3-d rendering live first-person shooter heads-up 120FPS graphics that are going on here.

Oh yeah, my 1983 vintage TI-99 could probably run this game without crashing or lagging.

Shinazueli
07-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Lol. While graphics are intensive on resources, you've got to keep in mind that you aren't running a computer in your hands. Despite Silicon Valley's very best efforts to increase performance while simultaneously reducing both size and cost, you are still on a phone. You don't have a quad core processor with infinite power to work with. So even minor games with minimal graphics but require nearly constant Internet connections use a lot of the devices resources. And given that the iPad is like 8 years old... Yeah. You just need to suck it up and upgrade your device. Sorry.

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
07-13-2013, 08:07 AM
maretzky;848065']Your device is dying, bro. Buy a new one...

I concur. My older iPad was over 2-years old. The game was crashing all the time and that was one of the indications telling me that my device can not handle newer applications or updates to existing applications.

I purchased the latest iPad and have zero issues AND there is a major difference is screen/image quality too!