PDA

View Full Version : Do you sell junk buildings?

Armand2REP
07-01-2013, 07:03 PM
I was thinking about selling my two steel mills, two weapons factory and command post. They are rather worthless to me now, takes up space and land expansion costs more than these buildings are worth. Not to mention it just makes my base cluttered.

Kode
07-01-2013, 07:18 PM
I sold the last of my non lvl10 money bldgs today just have those and the limited ones now I love only having to log in once every 12 if I got other things to do.

marklinalexanderho
07-01-2013, 07:32 PM
wow should i do d same? i still have those 5 min & 1 hr money buildings haha

Snipe
07-01-2013, 07:46 PM
I've thought about it more than once. I keep upgrading daily and every two day buildings, now the little guys are rounding error on my income and just use valuable real estate. I may follow your lead.

360 Joules
07-01-2013, 07:59 PM
What's not to like about everytime I load my base i collect some cash...they've paid for themselves many times over and help fund base expansions etc. I don't upgrade them anymore though and see your points about freeing up valuable real estate and such

Armand2REP
07-01-2013, 08:03 PM
I sold the last of my non lvl10 money bldgs today just have those and the limited ones now I love only having to log in once every 12 if I got other things to do.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I used to collect 5X a day, now only once or twice. 90% of my daily collection comes from 18-24hr buildings.

Armand2REP
07-01-2013, 08:11 PM
What's not to like about everytime I load my base i collect some cash...they've paid for themselves many times over and help fund base expansions etc. I don't upgrade them anymore though and see your points about freeing up valuable real estate and such

They look ugly, take up valuable realestate and don't really contribute to my daily collection. I get a feeling of satisfaction when I tap a $1 million collection, i get annoyed tapping 5-10k.

Armand2REP
07-01-2013, 08:16 PM
I've thought about it more than once. I keep upgrading daily and every two day buildings, now the little guys are rounding error on my income and just use valuable real estate. I may follow your lead.

I hadn't thought about that, but knowing EXACTLY how much I collect in a day would really help out purchase planning.

TZora
07-01-2013, 08:49 PM
of course yes. you keep only those buildings that really help you collect good $$$ .. what's the fun in keeping a level 10 building that pays every 5 minutes and you cannot collect it 288 times in a day.

i like to keep only 12/24/48 hour buildings .. so as i keep adding/upgrading that sort of buildings, i keep deleting those worthless buildings (1/6/8/18 hour) that i hardly collect on time. i put my whole concentration on 24 hour buildings :)

JohnnyR
07-01-2013, 11:22 PM
I thought about selling them, but decided against it when I realized how irritating it is to find a player among a maze of buildings. Anything to make it harder for an opponent.

blank201
07-02-2013, 12:02 AM
I keep the ones that took time and effort to upgrade. L1-3 buildings that are <12h collection cycle I've sold quite a bit.

Since I don't know what buildings I need for missions, I usually keep one.
I think some of those buildings I've built and sold several times.
It's also a good way to use them as a backup vault so to speak.
Even though, it's only half price back when you sell them it might just be the last $150k I need to start one of those ltd. buildings.

stephen2013
07-02-2013, 01:11 AM
I sold my small collection buildings long ago to make space for LE's. All they do is take up space and inflate your IPH, and they never get close to the theoretical daily output. My actual daily profit is actually very close to my theoretical (IPH x 24). Space centers are next, and my EPP's may be going too, but I like having them for crate events because their hourly income offsets my hourly cash opens. If it really gets down to it, I'll sell my two lvl 10 military markets. I don't want to expand anymore.

KFH
07-02-2013, 01:20 AM
I have no where near a gold army but money is less and less needed to play this game. I don't know how long it's been since I paid for a unit. I like All the old school money makers and will sell off my LE's to buy other le's to upgrade for more units.

Thief
07-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Ive tried selling them before....Just can't pull the trigger.

First Real Estate isn't an issue. If you can afford the LE to begin with you can afford an expansion. Most people wouldn't even need to go overvault to get an expansion. I have Every non gold building you can buy (expect Bunkers) and have 2 open sea spots and probably a dozen land spots. Yea my next expansion is 50 million but i haven't bought any cash troops in months. In the end it's just about seeing all the cool buildings as everyone of them have a fun story :D

Granted yes they can get raided...but do i care if they get raided? Ohh no someone hit my supply depot!

Cash has no value anymore in the game (other than to donate to your faction or participate in the LE building quest) To me it's just fun to have them all.

& The Horse U Rode In On
07-02-2013, 09:25 AM
I got rid of all my turrets to make room...one dude has more defense than all those space eaters

007 Free Agent
07-02-2013, 09:28 AM
No need. My IPH and space arent an issue.

& The Horse U Rode In On
07-02-2013, 09:29 AM
I got rid of all my turrets to make room...one dude has more defense than all those space eaters
I meant bunkers...sorry

Zulfiqaar
07-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Ive sold all my quick iph buildings...they just annoy me with their worthless cash sign on top...now i play much less often than before and i still get good cash. i do hope nobody else does the same, they are good for bp in fvf events

Jp lfs
07-02-2013, 10:05 AM
I think of buildings like this- the 12's are the fat line you snort when you wake up in the morning to start your day and in the evening when your day is over. The 24's are that gorging suppertime nostril blast. The short-cycle buildings are the little "bumps" to help you get through your day- not necessarily significant, but helpful nonetheless.

I hope my metaphor disturbed or entertained someone. But my point is that I'm not selling any of them, cuz I NEEEEED THAT FIX!¡!¡!

Armand2REP
07-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Ive tried selling them before....Just can't pull the trigger.

First Real Estate isn't an issue. If you can afford the LE to begin with you can afford an expansion. Most people wouldn't even need to go overvault to get an expansion. I have Every non gold building you can buy (expect Bunkers) and have 2 open sea spots and probably a dozen land spots. Yea my next expansion is 50 million but i haven't bought any cash troops in months. In the end it's just about seeing all the cool buildings as everyone of them have a fun story :D

Granted yes they can get raided...but do i care if they get raided? Ohh no someone hit my supply depot!

Cash has no value anymore in the game (other than to donate to your faction or participate in the LE building quest) To me it's just fun to have them all.

How much have you spent on unneeded expansions? $3 billion, 4 billion? just to house junk buildings? That is serious cash that adds up to be put on LE upgrades. That is one thing I am thinking about, the other being I am getting lazy and don't want to waste time collecting several times a day. Hey, if you have all your LEs to level 10 it is a moot point, but for most of us that is not the case.

Sumiala
07-02-2013, 03:03 PM
How much have you spent on unneeded expansions? $3 billion, 4 billion? just to house junk buildings? That is serious cash that adds up to be put on LE upgrades. That is one thing I am thinking about, the other being I am getting lazy and don't want to waste time collecting several times a day. Hey, if you have all your LEs to level 10 it is a moot point, but for most of us that is not the case.

Moot points?
I think your opening lines are. That's a false analogy.
You compare the sum of all these expansions to the money you need for upgrading LE buildings.
However, the money spent on expansions are spaced out (see what I did there?) by definition over 48-hour slots (assuming no gold is used).
LE expansions, if you go beyond the first few levels, are a lot of cash in a short period of time.
Granted, my next expansion will set me back 40M. What LE can I get for that?
*2/3 of a level 1 Tatra.
*A level 1 Santa Marta train station with some change.
*An upgrade to level 2 Curragh

My view:
I like the idea of hiding my avatar.
I like how my 1-hour building off-set my cash opens of boxes
I like being able to tap tap tap when I log in
I hate the thought of devaluation of buildings (selling at half price)
I'd hate the fact that I would have a lot of expansive land laying bare (even now I have bare land as the extra cash goes to the faction as well as being being prepared for the next LE, whether land or sea)

The one building I thought of selling (even today) is the infirmary.
A) I am not convinced of it working.
B) Apart from very few valor and loot units, I think my army is mostly indestructible.

Armand2REP
07-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Moot points?
I think your opening lines are. That's a false analogy.
You compare the sum of all these expansions to the money you need for upgrading LE buildings.
However, the money spent on expansions are spaced out (see what I did there?) by definition over 48-hour slots (assuming no gold is used).
LE expansions, if you go beyond the first few levels, are a lot of cash in a short period of time.
Granted, my next expansion will set me back 40M. What LE can I get for that?
*2/3 of a level 1 Tatra.
*A level 1 Santa Marta train station with some change.
*An upgrade to level 2 Curragh

My view:
I like the idea of hiding my avatar.
I like how my 1-hour building off-set my cash opens of boxes
I like being able to tap tap tap when I log in
I hate the thought of devaluation of buildings (selling at half price)
I'd hate the fact that I would have a lot of expansive land laying bare (even now I have bare land as the extra cash goes to the faction as well as being being prepared for the next LE, whether land or sea)

The one building I thought of selling (even today) is the infirmary.
A) I am not convinced of it working.
B) Apart from very few valor and loot units, I think my army is mostly indestructible.

Why do you need a base that covers one end of the map to the other? 80% of whats on it is junk. I too have a 100% army that is indestructible, I didn't even start building unit structures until I started LTQ. I haven't reached a level to make valour units worthwhile, even if i did I wouldn't want them, infirmary isn't a consideration to build. You are talking about spacing LE over time, but it still adds up at the end. This game is about time and how effectively you use it. Is using the resources for junk buildings and LE an effective use of time? Is wasting several minutes a day tapping chump change an effective use of real world time?

My view:
I value my time, in game and real world.
I like how i can login only once or twice a day and collect ALL of my IPH.
I like knowing EXACTLY how much i collect in a given time, it makes planning easier.
Selling level 2 steel mills and weapons factory was an easy decision.
You hate having expanses of empty land, but think it as future sites for LE buildings.
Unless your LEs are at level 10, there is always someplace to put your cash.

Thief
07-02-2013, 04:24 PM

I know it's not logical what i do but i do it because its part of the game i enjoy. Its fun for me having the buildings.
With that being said it's no where near 3+ Billion. Close to the Half Billion Mark though.
I'm generally on 6-10 times a day. I don't worry about specific collection times (although i try to get my 24/48 when they come around but i certainly don't stop my real life for them.

Now with that 500+ million being used towards upgrades...if i could have used them towards my upgrades i would have. However you have to remember that Time is the number 1 factor in this game and then going over vault is number 2 if your going for a big upgrade. Many times i have a big upgrade already going and can't use that money towards and upgrade...i already have all the buildings and buying an expansion is "free time". The only 2 choices i had were to donate to my faction which is what i almost always do or Buy and land expansion and then donate to my faction. At no point did i pick an expansion over an upgrade.

I too have a 100% army that is indestructible, I didn't even start building unit structures until I started LTQ. I haven't reached a level to make valour units worthwhile, even if i did I wouldn't want them, infirmary isn't a consideration to build. You are talking about spacing LE over time, but it still adds up at the end. This game is about time and how effectively you use it. Is using the resources for junk buildings and LE an effective use of time? Is wasting several minutes a day tapping chump change an effective use of real world time?

My view:
I value my time, in game and real world.
I like how i can login only once or twice a day and collect ALL of my IPH.
I like knowing EXACTLY how much i collect in a given time, it makes planning easier.
Selling level 2 steel mills and weapons factory was an easy decision.
You hate having expanses of empty land, but think it as future sites for LE buildings.
Unless your LEs are at level 10, there is always someplace to put your cash.

I certailny don't have a 100% gold army. As its stands its probably only 40% right now.
I do value my time in game and real world. My buildings already have payed for themselves and the land they are sitting on. After you play for 1.5 years with those buildings its' all "Gravy" for income
I don't need to know exaclty how much to collect at any given time. I use the same strategy of collection 12/24/48 and the extras just cover me in case i get attacked in the process.
As covered there is always someplace to put your cash...but it has nothing to do with lvl 10 LE's. Its your Faction/Expansions. Those are the only 2 places i constantly see places to put my cash.

Sumiala
07-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Why do you need a base that covers one end of the map to the other?

Maybe I need to compensate for ... [fill in blank].
I appreciate your feedback.
Guess some of it is personal views, which you and I and others have shared.
I guess for me it is harder to sell stuff that I spent in-game time on.
My steel mills and weapon factories are a bit higher than level 2 (say around 5) and I quite like having all the non-gold buildings...
Happy gaming!