PDA

View Full Version : iOS game transfer

mikey2
07-01-2013, 04:07 AM
Is the in game funzio id game transfer still a viable method to transfer game from old device to new device? Anyone done a transfer recently? or do i need to send in a ticket with support now with all the details of new device such as udid and old device?

Poopenshire
07-01-2013, 04:56 AM
there is no effective way to transfer the game on your own. Gree put up instructions worse than a Japanese stereo installation manual. you may have to contact Apple directly. Gree can help but seeing it takes months for some tickets to get even looked at, you might try apple first.

sirdirty11
07-01-2013, 05:01 AM
One of our main war heroes transferred their game the day of the way, and has yet to hear back from Gree. It's unfortunate they changed the way to transfer the game from something that in my opinion worked really well, to something that doesn't work at all. I hope it's being looked at, as I can't imagine that too many people who had to sit out the war are happy..

PITA4PRES
07-01-2013, 06:48 AM
I think it was posted in another thread that it was not Gree's decision to change how it was done. Apple was the one who forced the change, if I remember correctly.

cjw226
07-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I just had this issue. Took about 10 days and 4 tickets to get this worked out. Sent in a ticket with all of my old and new info and they swapped my accounts back over. However, i cannot get tapjoy to give me free gold anymore. Anybody know how to go about syncing tapjoy back up to my account?

Sparky!
07-01-2013, 05:36 PM
I just upgraded phones and I can not get mine to transfer. It's driving me crazy...

Generik79
07-01-2013, 06:33 PM
CJ54 said on these forums months ago that GREE was working at a simplified transfer system. That has still not come to pass. What bothers me is not who initiated the change, but that it was rolled out with instructions from Sirius telling people to do it (some of whom lost accounts, as I know of NO ONE who has successfully transferred recently) and with a statement from a GREE employee that it was done in the interest of simplification for players. Next time, let's just stick with: Apple made us do it, and for now you cannot transfer. One further suggestion, for planning purposes, where you all really went wrong--over against the way you handled the lack of name changes for 2 months--was in not telling us this was coming a week in advance...most of us who utilize transfers could have prepared.

Corsair
07-01-2013, 06:39 PM
To make it perfectly clear, Gree is lying when they say you can transfer your game. They knew this was coming, Apple made them do it, but as usual they not only didn't do it right, they actually made it worse by conning people into trying it. This company shows nothing but contempt for its customers, they forget there are people out here who know the real story. Pathetic!

Mossy21
07-01-2013, 07:00 PM
So, this maybe stupid but I've backed up both my phone and iPad to the cloud gone into settings and into the funzio tab to transfer. The same dang message keeps coming up: no old account associated with your funzio ID. Please set an old device. After I just transferred it on my main account.

So frustrated.

Anyone else know what I'm doing wrong?

bcars
07-01-2013, 07:05 PM
So does this really mean that there is no truly viable and reliable way to transfer my game to a new device? I will be getting a new iPad in the next couple of weeks and will need to transfer this game to that new device. It won't go over with the rest of the transfer of data? Seriously? Could this possibly be the reality?

fieldmarshal76
07-01-2013, 07:06 PM
New iPhone Thursday, still no game. I was really impressed when Gree responded to the first email (ticket) within a few hours. The second reply came a few afters after that. Since then, I've sent two follow-up emails and still no reply...

Ericinico
07-01-2013, 08:59 PM
The only way to transfer your game is actually easy. The only problem is it only works when you set up the new device. Save your old device to icloud. On your new device, power it on. Go through the setup instructions and connect to wifi (must be over wifi). Select restore from icloud. This will make two identical copies of the data on the devices (same songs, movies, apps, etc.). Then open MW on the new device and it should load. I know this cause my phone recently broke and I went to the apple store. Sadly, the apple store (not a reseller) had no more iPhones so they ordered me one I will get next week. I spoke to them about this and they said they will restore my new iPhone from my broken phones backup and transfer the games and everything. IT DOES WORK. You just need to be a little bit tech savvy to understand the process.

360 Joules
07-02-2013, 06:07 AM
The only way to transfer your game is actually easy. The only problem is it only works when you set up the new device. Save your old device to icloud. On your new device, power it on. Go through the setup instructions and connect to wifi (must be over wifi). Select restore from icloud. This will make two identical copies of the data on the devices (same songs, movies, apps, etc.). Then open MW on the new device and it should load. I know this cause my phone recently broke and I went to the apple store. Sadly, the apple store (not a reseller) had no more iPhones so they ordered me one I will get next week. I spoke to them about this and they said they will restore my new iPhone from my broken phones backup and transfer the games and everything. IT DOES WORK. You just need to be a little bit tech savvy to understand the process.

Glad to hear somebody knows of a way to transfer

KingAbeFroman
07-02-2013, 07:05 AM

Ericinico, please confirm this works once you get your new iphone. I have a feeling it will only download the app and not your specific account. I tried the itunes method with no success. Backup (cloud or computer) is just the app, not your account. I hope I'm wrong, please let us know.

Ericinico
07-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Ericinico, please confirm this works once you get your new iphone. I have a feeling it will only download the app and not your specific account. I tried the itunes method with no success. Backup (cloud or computer) is just the app, not your account. I hope I'm wrong, please let us know.The game data files are associated with the device and account. Meaning that when you install MW the app size my be 300MB. When you buy a building it may increase to 310MB. The app data is saved in your backup. So when you restore from the backup the data associated with your base is saved. The GREE server allegedly notices that the data on your device is the same account as the data associated with an account on their servers and links the device to that account. Allegedly.When I get my new phone ill post and let everyone know.

Sparky!
07-02-2013, 04:33 PM
So for us that already set up our new device what's the plan? Do I need to reset it and start all over???

Socks
07-02-2013, 05:50 PM
The game data files are associated with the device and account. Meaning that when you install MW the app size my be 300MB. When you buy a building it may increase to 310MB. The app data is saved in your backup. So when you restore from the backup the data associated with your base is saved. The GREE server allegedly notices that the data on your device is the same account as the data associated with an account on their servers and links the device to that account. Allegedly.When I get my new phone ill post and let everyone know.

I have done exactly this and when I pulled up my account on my brand new iPhone it couldn't find my account. I would say this method DOES NOT WORK. I'm seriously upset. This may be my first post but I've been a long, long time lurker and I've been using since the game first came out. Gree will not reply to my ticket.

iJuiceman
07-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I had purchased a new ipad. Backed up the old ipad to iCloud and then restored it to the new ipad. Everything transferred, except MW.
I booked a ticket on the 13th June Ticket#657577
Sent a followup on the 19th as I had no reply (except the acknowledgement one).
22nd June got a response asking if I still had the problem (yes as they have not done anything)
Replied that I did still have the problem.

Nothing heard, went to Funzio website and filled in the online contact form about the poor response form support.

22nd received a reply telling me that the in game transfer did not work and that I needed to restore from iCloud. Replied back (22nd) that this is exactly what I had done and that it did not work.
Deleted the game off the new ipad, did another backup to icloud and tried to restore tot he new ipad.....DID NOT WORK !!!! emailed them on the 23rd to advise them of this.
Nothing in reply.....
Emailed again a WTF on the 26th, 28th and again the 2nd July, still NOTHING.
I have spend several hundres dollars on this game and have a lot of time and effort in it. I do not want to let my faction down, so I had to carry around 2 iPads for the past 3 weeks to continue playing.

How poor is it for a game maker to change the way they transfer a game, by keeping the old transfer system that does not work, yet offer no way for people to transfer it ?
I am almost at a point of disputing all the gold purchased on my credit card and telling Gree to F..koff !!!
FIX THE GAME GREE this is pathetic.

helloooOonurse
07-02-2013, 06:19 PM
anyone have experience with IEXPLORER or APPTRANS?

popular with angry birds players for transferring app and app data from one ios device to another. downside is i don't know if its allowed for MW. contacted devs but no response so i'll ask you tech geeks.

SOG Will
07-02-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm having this problem also. So frustrating. Wish I would have see this thread yesterday. Would be so nice for Gree to fix the problem.

Sparky!
07-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Well I've now totally reset my iPhone 5 twice and restored it from the cloud (off my old iphone 4 backup). It still doesn't give me the option to transfer the game. This sucks...

Sparky!
07-02-2013, 06:37 PM

popular with angry birds players for transferring app and app data from one ios device to another. downside is i don't know if its allowed for MW. contacted devs but no response so i'll ask you tech geeks.

I tried with PhoneView last night and had no luck getting that I work.

Corsair
07-02-2013, 07:17 PM
The backup/restore method does not work for MW or CC. It should work for KA and MQ. It is possible that has changed, but I doubt it. This was a bad design decision by Funzio and is not easily fixed. Also, if you do a backup, don't encrypt it or you probably won't be able to open the app at all. Gree might still be able to transfer it manually if you have the account ID and the old and new device UDID, but it could take several weeks for that to happen.

Sparky!
07-02-2013, 07:19 PM
And don't bother with IEXPLORER or APPTRANS, they are both a bust. Looks like I'll have to just sit on my thumb until they respond to my ticket... Either that or this is just a sign to delete the app and move on.

mikey2
07-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Would be real nice if an admin came on here and gave us the lowdown. One would have thought they would have responded to this by now.
(and admin if you do respond, please don't close the thread.)

Looking like they got around 2 months to sort this b4 a new iPhone is released, if its not sorted by then, there will be a lot of empty bases sitting around. seeing as it probably been a month and i still haven't got my 300 gold yet I'm not optimistic. (I've stopped buying gold till they settle the 300)

Sparky!
07-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Well judging by how they handled my only other issue (not being able to buy the expensive trees - which they never responded back after I told them it still wasn't working), I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll hang on for a little while longer but if something doesn't happen soon then I'm going to just move on and and find another game to play.

iJuiceman
07-03-2013, 03:41 AM
Still no reply from Gree, no wonder their stock price is tanking, give crappy service people WILL STOP
SPENDING MONEY AND LEAVE !!!

Mogszee
07-03-2013, 12:10 PM
I must have been very lucky. I sent a ticket to have my account transferred from my iphone to my ipad and it was done after 2 hours which was amazing!!!

mikey2
07-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Mogszee - Are you sure you don't work for gree? :)
Or maybe one of your relatives works for them?

ProCision
07-03-2013, 04:23 PM
i've been able to transfer peoples accounts while sitting on my couch and they live in a different states or country's. Not sure why gree cant do this.

Reb
07-03-2013, 05:34 PM
I sent multiple tickets including one through the website hours after sending through the website I got a reply it did take 2 days during the last WD event was rather frustrating!!

Urbz
07-03-2013, 06:06 PM
I've been waiting for a clean solution for this myself ...I have 2 accounts I want to give up one and transfer my llp on the iPad...hopefully ...keep checking here maybe a admin will step in ...give us some info

Sparky!
07-03-2013, 08:01 PM
One of the computer guys at work suggested I restore from iTunes instead of the cloud to see if that worked. Just got done restoring my phone yet again and no luck... Guess I'm at the mercy of Gree for a transfer. Hopefully they will respond soon.

Sparky!
07-04-2013, 06:34 AM
I do have to give a shout out to the peeps at Apptrans, I bought it to see if it would work (it didn't) but they have been extremely good about answering e-mail. We've gone back and forth since yesterday and they have tried to help me. They haven't been successful as of yet but at least they have tried and came up with options. That's how support people should be!

TheOracle
07-04-2013, 07:23 AM
We'll look into why the transfers aren't working for you guys. We definitely do want to get this method working properly as it'll save time for both you guys and for us if we don't have to manually transfer accounts. Here are the instructions again so please try it if you haven't already and if you are not able to transfer your account, send us a ticket with the relevant information.

Copied from another thread:

We are no longer using the FunzioID system for transfers. Moving forward, you can easily restore your account using iTunes/iCloud.

If you still have your old device, please sync/back up your account to either iTunes or iCloud. Next, sync your new device with either iTunes or iCloud and restore data. When you open the game on your new device, you will be prompted to restore your data. Please click yes; you should now have your account restored to continue playing the game.

If you do not still have your old device, please provide as much of the following information as possible to us in a ticket and we can manually transfer your account:

(Please note that we cannot transfer between iOS and Android)

-Your original and new device types

-Your old character's invite code (the 9-digit player ID associated with your game, which can be found under your profile)

-Your old character's exact name (case sensitive) and last known level

-Your last known login of your former character

-Any copies of gold/gem/cash purchases made through iTunes or Google Wallet (Note: receipt information is only for purchase verifications once we are able to finally locate your original game (in the event the original game data was lost). We are unable to locate a lost account based solely on in-app purchases.)

-The invite code of the new character showing up on your new device (should be around a level 1 when you first install the app)

Sparky!
07-04-2013, 07:32 AM
I've done all that and no luck. Seems whatever I do my new phone still recognizes the app as a level 2 player. Even after a total reat of all data on the phone. I've tried multiple ways... I've also sent all the info in to the support email. Just waiting on you guys now.

I appreciate the response to the thread but but a response to my email with all the needed data sure would go a long way. Thanks!

Maverick0073
07-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Is gree going to do something about the players that exploited a glitch with the old transfer system that used to reset the scratch card and give them unlimited scratch cards. This is an unfair advantage

ProCision
07-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Is gree going to do something about the players that exploited a glitch with the old transfer system that used to reset the scratch card and give them unlimited scratch cards. This is an unfair advantage

Why do you keep asking this question in every thread? You know about it, which tells me that you were doing it.

Urbz
07-04-2013, 01:32 PM
I do have to give a shout out to the peeps at Apptrans, I bought it to see if it would work (it didn't) but they have been extremely good about answering e-mail. We've gone back and forth since yesterday and they have tried to help me. They haven't been successful as of yet but at least they have tried and came up with options. That's how support people should be!

Let me know if apptrans worked out for u bro...thx.

Socks
07-04-2013, 02:07 PM
I was able to resolve my issue by waiting for 10 days after I submitted my ticket, and then taking it directly to one of the moderators. I doubt if that's what they really want, but it worked for me. Props to the mods for helping me very quickly.

mikey2
07-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Thanks oracle, i must have missed that post.
Would be really good to have a sticky of all the important posts like that one.

KingAbeFroman
07-05-2013, 02:36 PM
We'll look into why the transfers aren't working for you guys. We definitely do want to get this method working properly as it'll save time for both you guys and for us if we don't have to manually transfer accounts. Here are the instructions again so please try it if you haven't already and if you are not able to transfer your account, send us a ticket with the relevant information.

Copied from another thread:

We are no longer using the FunzioID system for transfers. Moving forward, you can easily restore your account using iTunes/iCloud.

If you still have your old device, please sync/back up your account to either iTunes or iCloud. Next, sync your new device with either iTunes or iCloud and restore data. When you open the game on your new device, you will be prompted to restore your data. Please click yes; you should now have your account restored to continue playing the game.

If you do not still have your old device, please provide as much of the following information as possible to us in a ticket and we can manually transfer your account:

(Please note that we cannot transfer between iOS and Android)

-Your original and new device types

-Your old character's invite code (the 9-digit player ID associated with your game, which can be found under your profile)

-Your old character's exact name (case sensitive) and last known level

-Your last known login of your former character

-Any copies of gold/gem/cash purchases made through iTunes or Google Wallet (Note: receipt information is only for purchase verifications once we are able to finally locate your original game (in the event the original game data was lost). We are unable to locate a lost account based solely on in-app purchases.)

-The invite code of the new character showing up on your new device (should be around a level 1 when you first install the app)

Oracle, thanks for the post but the iTunes backup/restore method does NOT work, no matter how many times it's posted. Has anyone at Gree actually tested this method?

Sparky!
07-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Let me know if apptrans worked out for u bro...thx.

No luck with apptrans. They offered me a full refund. After them being so on top of their game with customer service I turned down the offer...just couldn't since they tried so hard. I'm out $20 and still no closer to getting my game transferred. Tomorrow will be a week waiting on Gree.

Ericinico
07-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Please refer to http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?60497-How-to-Transfer-Your-Game-and-Comments-on-Gree-Customer-Support for my experience getting my account transferred.

Sinner
07-06-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm supposed to get new phones on Wednesday of next week and am absolutely terrified of what's going to happen. I've sent a ticket to Gree but only got auto response. I've got two accounts I've spent alot of gold on and no I don't have receipts but not sure why that matters. Please tell us how to do this or tell us to just send it directly to you for a quick turnaround . Like a code in subject line so we can continue playing uninterrupted . One missed event will put me far behind competitors let alone my responsibility to my faction. Please help mods or Gree .

Sparky!
07-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Well today was day #9 and they e-mailed me back and said it was done and the ticket was closed. I tried and it was not transferred. Thankfully after responding to the e-mail I got another e-mail answer within 20 min saying it was done and for me delete and reinstall the app and it would be done. Sadly all that happened was the data was deleted off my new phone for the second time... I still don't have my game transferred but at least they are working on it. I'm hoping I get another response tonight and make some progress. We will see. I'm just glad I'm getting somewhere. I downloaded 5 new games last night but didn't like any of them...

iJuiceman
07-08-2013, 09:14 PM
So it has now been a MONTH since I opened my original ticket with Gree #657577 and I still have no reply to the 5 emails I have sent since I last had a response from a human (Lee) on the 22 June.
To use the words like PATHETIC to describe the support level of Gree/Funzio would be complementing
their support team.
Why does a Gree employee come onto this thread and tell us how to transfer the game in a method that DOES NOT WORK, yet does nothing to the people who have been waiting for weeks without a result.

I refuse to spend another cent with this company until this is resolved and they have until the end of this month to transfer my game.
If it is not done, I will be insisting on a full refund of the hundreds of dollars I have spent on Gold for a game I cannot use.
FIX THIS GREE I AM GETTING PISSED OFF NOW !!!

livon
07-08-2013, 09:52 PM
In these days the iOS game transfer, is in game Funzio id game transfer still a viable method to transfer game from old device to new device? There is no effective way to transfer the game on your own. I think Gree put up instructions worse than a Japanese stereo installation manual. Gree! I think you must have to contact Apple directly. Gree! You also can help but seeing it takes months for some tickets to get even looked at, you might try apple first, I think it’s better idea to transfer your game from Ios to Funzio.Its very interesting and amazing game

TheOracle
07-08-2013, 10:24 PM
The FunzioID transfer system has been disabled and is no longer operational.

iJuiceman
07-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Yet you do NOTHING to help people transfer the game ?
The iCloud system you have in place DOES NOT WORK, you need to help your CUSTOMERS by arranging transfers quicker and not ignoring them.

Sparky!
07-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Well yesterday my last response requested pics of my profile. I sent them shortly after my last post and haven't heard anything since. Now I'm just waiting again... Hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

In other news Infinity Blade 2 is a free download and has great graphics. Use to be 6.99 but its on special. I spent 2 hrs playing it last night. It may replace modern war since I haven't been able to find anything else I like.

Socks
07-09-2013, 03:18 PM
The FunzioID transfer system has been disabled and is no longer operational.

Can you tell us something we DON'T already know? Namely, how to transfer games quicker than 30 days? There must be a better way that you're working on, I hope?

Urbz
07-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Can't tell u how happy and excited I was when I saw the update ...looking maybe they fixed the transfer ...lol...NO.

iJuiceman
07-10-2013, 04:31 AM
Looks like they have finally removed the in game transfer that did not work, and managed to introduce a whole lot more bugs.
7th email sent to Gree about my ticket !!!

Sparky!
07-10-2013, 06:17 PM
I asked for an update earlier today but haven't heard anything. Strange that I was getting a response in like 15 min a couple of days ago and now nothing since I sent screen shots in. And still no transfer of my game.

sbs2716g
07-12-2013, 03:28 AM

any one try this Iexplorer transfer method? maybe some one with a new account can help to try and transfer to another device to see whether it work?

also for those who successfully transfer with help of gree, are they still able to access the game in the old phone? or is it disable already? there seem to be an issue of using multiple phones/devices to access the same account which i think Gree's software does not allow it, thus prohibiting the transfer?

Sinner
07-12-2013, 09:45 AM
I sent a ticket with name , level and Id# and was transferred within 4 hours on modern war and crime city . Thank you Gree ! I was very polite and thankful in my ticket for their help. Hope the rest of you with issues transferring get same treatment. They have always refunded gold used on accidental purchases upgrading within 24 hours. Not trying to brag but hopefully if you try to be polite in ticket it will go a long way. Good luck guys

Sparky!
07-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Tomorrow will be the two week mark for me... I have been polite, very polite in my opinion but still no luck. Evidently they don't care about free players. I've only bought gold twice in 2 yrs...

Rog_Modern_War
07-12-2013, 02:04 PM
I just got my game transferred from old iPhone 4S to a new iPhone 5 in late June.
I still had old iPhone and could take a screen shot.
Gree helped me out in about a day. I was very happy.

It would have been better if I had known that I needed to back up my game to the cloud/computer before I got the new phone, but they got me working again on new device in 24-30 hours.

Thanks Gree.

Sparky!
07-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Finally my game is transferred. Not sure why it took so long but at least it is done. I am happy, no more having to carry two phones around! 13 days from ticket to completion.

nkeywithdnb
07-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Retracting my post.

huminator
07-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Since the last two updates 3.7.1 and 3.7.2 the button funzio ID has been changed in Rivals.

How do I transfer the game to a new device?

mikey2
07-14-2013, 01:57 AM
Since the last two updates 3.7.1 and 3.7.2 the button funzio ID has been changed in Rivals.

How do I transfer the game to a new device?

Try reading the thread

iJuiceman
07-15-2013, 02:09 AM
Over 1 month waiting to get the game transfered from one ipad to another and then NOTHING.

Well now I have no account. Both iPads come up with the brand new account setup.
All I can say is F U C K Y O U Funzio/Gree, you can stick your game up your arse.
18months and $400 wasted by poor support from a pathetic company.

Big John
07-15-2013, 02:48 AM
Anyone tried using iCloud? It worked for War of Nations but it uses Game Center.

Did a backup then uninstalled game keeping data then reinstalled in other device. Need to go through tutorial but not sure if MW is different.

petchong
07-15-2013, 03:25 AM
Let me teach u guys a good way. I lost my account 1 month back due to changing device. same **** happened. email support same **** too. so what i did is email apple support, attached all my emails with gree, ask for refund! and yes, Apple store refunded 3 months of spending!!! that is more than $1000..haha.
So end of the day............dont waste your time and $$ get a refund and move on with your life!!!!

Chuck Norris USA
07-27-2013, 05:58 AM
Ericinico, please confirm this works once you get your new iphone. I have a feeling it will only download the app and not your specific account. I tried the itunes method with no success. Backup (cloud or computer) is just the app, not your account. I hope I'm wrong, please let us know.

Restoring a back up to a new phone doesn't work. Period. I performed a full back up to my computer and restored that copy to my new phone. I start up MW and have a level 1 guy named Alex. This is total BS