PDA

View Full Version : Is there an answer

KFH
07-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Does anyone actually know how wd points work? If you do please explain on this thread. If you work for gree and see that no one knows this information, why don't you inform us? Could we get an answer to how they determine we points

Tito89
07-01-2013, 01:49 AM
it may be an equation, like for example

level / attack + level difference x (insert random variable)

its basically like dividing by zero, we may never know the answer

SGT Rud
07-01-2013, 05:20 AM
For the past 4 wars, I have gotten 400+ points for guys I can beat that are 30 levels above me, but this war, even if they are 60 levels above me, I am swinging. (400-250-350-100-400-150-300) I have been unable to find any pattern. On top of this, either factions we are facing are too strong or too weak, and points for me either range as above, or below 200 every hit.

I have a faction member with equal level and pretty close stats to mine. A guy thats giving me 300+ points every hit will give him 150-200 every hit.

Philly982
07-01-2013, 07:04 AM
For the past 4 wars, I have gotten 400+ points for guys I can beat that are 30 levels above me, but this war, even if they are 60 levels above me, I am swinging. (400-250-350-100-400-150-300) I have been unable to find any pattern. On top of this, either factions we are facing are too strong or too weak, and points for me either range as above, or below 200 every hit.

I have a faction member with equal level and pretty close stats to mine. A guy thats giving me 300+ points every hit will give him 150-200 every hit.

I agree SGT Rud. The only pattern I have picked up is that there is not a pattern at all. Seems to be much more random this time around and far less points for defensive wins. I beat a guy 100 levels over my level with defense just under my attack and received 228 - 310 - 210 - 410 and then attacked someone 47 levels below me with much less defense and received scores of 325 - 380- 420 - 360.

daniel pena
07-01-2013, 08:25 AM
I think it is about difference between att/def
if you attack someone and the difference is close enough to loose, you gain more WD points, independent of the player lvl

Golf4life
07-01-2013, 08:30 AM
a couple of different theories.

Level - The higher the person's level is above yours, the more average points you get.
exception: opponent over 2x your level will start to decrease in points
exception: opponent over lvl 200 starts to decrease in points

Targeting - the target you call out in the forums that everyone wants to hit actually hurts you. The more players you have attacking a single target at one time actually reduces the average amount of WD points per hit. This is incredibly obvious when you have the scout getting 400 average WD points and then 8 people hit the target at once and only get 273 average.

Attack and Defense - Attack and defense scores swing wildly as we all know. If you are attacking someone with your peak score and they are at their pit defense score, you will get less points. If you are attacking at your pit and their peak and you beat them, you will get 450 points.

these are just my theories but have seemed to pan out well.

Philly982
07-01-2013, 09:22 AM

Level - The higher the person's level is above yours, the more average points you get.

Targeting - the target you call out in the forums that everyone wants to hit actually hurts you. The more players you have attacking a single target at one time actually reduces the average amount of WD points per hit. This is incredibly obvious when you have the scout getting 400 average WD points and then 8 people hit the target at once and only get 273 average.

Attack and Defense - Attack and defense scores swing wildly as we all know. If you are attacking someone with your peak score and they are at their pit defense score, you will get less points. If you are attacking at your pit and their peak and you beat them, you will get 450 points.

I think you are pretty close.

Your level theory - I have noticed close to the same. In general the higher the level the higher the average score. However, I seem to be getting lower average scores for defeating players 100+ levels higher.

Targeting - Sometimes this seems to be the case, and not in others. Sometimes it seems like when we all hit the same player we get good average scores all around. Other times it seems to be the case that you described. It seems about 50/50 for us.

Attack and Defense - Overall it seems to be the case, but there have been some exceptions when I have scored more WD points when I was near the top extreme of the attack and the rival was near the low point in defense than when the same player scored closer to my attack. This has happened 5 times, but does not seem to be the norm.

Do you think that ally number could also play into the WD points equation? It was hard for me to tell exactly due to the many different variables in level, stats strength etc., but overall I seem to be getting higher average scores when the player I defeat has close to my ally count rather than far more or far less allies. All in all, I think my sample size from me and my faction mates that have been recording this info is probably relatively to small to come to definite conclusions. I am just adding the above from our experiences to see if anyone else is experiencing the same.

jjm521
07-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Pretty sure these kids run the programming dept at Gree. Theyre just doing a little side work to help pay the bills
http://youtu.be/cZh105_r2Qk

KFH
07-01-2013, 10:43 AM

these are just my theories but have seemed to pan out well.this is a good theory, thanks everyone for the info.

Rowdydowdy
07-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I had pretty much the same question two days ago. They never responded...

Ok my question is why do the battle points awarded in a match stay the same or vary by + or - 1 but the World Domination Points vary by up to several hundred. I don't expect GREE to answer this as I'm sure its a company secret and I'm just a non important player so I was wondering if anyone here could explain?

Golf4life
07-01-2013, 12:26 PM
My initial theories did include ally count. through the last three wars though, for me personally, it seems that algorithm changed or ceased completely. but who knows right?!?! :P
I think you are pretty close.

Your level theory - I have noticed close to the same. In general the higher the level the higher the average score. However, I seem to be getting lower average scores for defeating players 100+ levels higher.

Targeting - Sometimes this seems to be the case, and not in others. Sometimes it seems like when we all hit the same player we get good average scores all around. Other times it seems to be the case that you described. It seems about 50/50 for us.

Attack and Defense - Overall it seems to be the case, but there have been some exceptions when I have scored more WD points when I was near the top extreme of the attack and the rival was near the low point in defense than when the same player scored closer to my attack. This has happened 5 times, but does not seem to be the norm.

Do you think that ally number could also play into the WD points equation? It was hard for me to tell exactly due to the many different variables in level, stats strength etc., but overall I seem to be getting higher average scores when the player I defeat has close to my ally count rather than far more or far less allies. All in all, I think my sample size from me and my faction mates that have been recording this info is probably relatively to small to come to definite conclusions. I am just adding the above from our experiences to see if anyone else is experiencing the same.

Jarod
07-01-2013, 01:29 PM
I think it maybe random. Correct me if I'm wrong!

mikeygn1234
07-01-2013, 01:38 PM
I think it also has to do with rank. a private hitting a sergeant will get more points than a corporal hitting a sergeant if their stats and levels are all the same. Would also explain why there are the 3 tiers within each rank...just a guess...dont think you will ever get a concrete ans.

Golf4life
07-01-2013, 01:40 PM
excellent point!

but honestly, I have come to accept this game for what it is meant to be, fun and entertainment. Yes there have been issues with Gree and the game in the past but I feel that the way this system is designed, it keeps all the players guessing. I don't think I ever want to know the algorithm or what the system is to get points, it will take all the fun out of me figuring it out. I am from the generation of instantaneous gratification but fortunately my father taught me to work and earn for what I want, thus them handing me the answers would make me quit.
I think it also has to do with rank. a private hitting a sergeant will get more points than a corporal hitting a sergeant if their stats and levels are all the same. Would also explain why there are the 3 tiers within each rank...just a guess...dont think you will ever get a concrete ans.