PDA

View Full Version : New Idea to Assist Higher Level-ed Players

marklinalexanderho
07-01-2013, 01:22 AM
-==THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR OPINIONS/FEEDBACK MW ROCKS!==-

KFH, Hooligany, Sumiala, jjm521, cwayeharris, bcars, solo.modernwar, Jaebee, Auspex & Wai

-==THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR OPINIONS/FEEDBACK MW ROCKS!==-

i've seen several posts of players' outrage on being extremely disadvantaged cuz they or their frens have super high levels that juz aren't getting d best bang for their buck.

i too have a few high levels in my faction & some of them spend truckloads of gold juz to get 300-400k of wd pts. i have 2 ideas in mind & hopefully they'll be beneficial to GREE & d MW community as well

1. more equality in accruing world domination points during wars.
a. L250 attacks L250 = 200 wd pts (w/ wall destroyed already)
b. L250 attacks L200 = 225 wd pts ( "" )
c. L250 attacks L150 = 250 wd pts ( "" )
d. L250 attacks L100 = 275 wd pts ( "" )
e. L250 attacks >L100 = 300 wd pts ( "" )
this way it won't affect lower levels' current meta of things & at d same time continue encouraging players to level up safely instead of camping so hard until they cry.

2. or u could make it easier on the $500/mth part-time engineers & simply increase health regen for players higher than level 150 with a gradient effect until they hit 250.

these r d 2 proposed ideas i have hope it helps in d continuity/lifespan of this impressive game

3. (offered by jjm521) remove ally cap for players above certain levels especially <150

P.S. CJ54's World Domination Official Feedback Thread was just created as well feel free to check it out yea? cheers all

KFH
07-01-2013, 01:35 AM
From what is see there is no system to determine wd points, it is all random. So thinking they can actually control the amount of points to a specific level is just crazy.

Hooligany
07-01-2013, 02:03 AM
From what is see there is no system to determine wd points, it is all random. So thinking they can actually control the amount of points to a specific level is just crazy.

I believe some tweaking has already been done.
I have faction mates hitting same opponent scoring even higher points than me though my level is much lower.
when it reward higher level with more points then lower level players are never going to be valuable. Lower level already lose out by bringing less allies to battle so there is already a trade off.
Unless you guys refering to level 100-250 then I agree... There need to be some tweaking there as allies are already all max out.

marklinalexanderho
07-01-2013, 03:22 AM

hi KFH ty so much for d comment everyone's opinions r definitely valuable in this so do continue adding if u have more ya? cheers!! ;)

marklinalexanderho
07-01-2013, 03:25 AM
I believe some tweaking has already been done.
I have faction mates hitting same opponent scoring even higher points than me though my level is much lower.
when it reward higher level with more points then lower level players are never going to be valuable. Lower level already lose out by bringing less allies to battle so there is already a trade off.
Unless you guys refering to level 100-250 then I agree... There need to be some tweaking there as allies are already all max out.

oic bro if dat's d case dat's good news! at least there's progress for smth that we all need. btw congratz on ur Hong Kong Killers Elite getting top 75 in d BfP PvP event bro we were close! haha & haze has cleared too! freaking PSI finally went as low as 22 ytd LOL

let's keep d feedback & ideas coming guys u've been most helpful so far cheers to GREE & MW frens!

Sumiala
07-01-2013, 12:14 PM
1. more equality in accruing world domination points during wars.
a. L250 attacks L250 = 200 wd pts (w/ wall destroyed already)
b. L250 attacks L200 = 225 wd pts ( "" )
c. L250 attacks L150 = 250 wd pts ( "" )
d. L250 attacks L100 = 275 wd pts ( "" )
e. L250 attacks >L100 = 300 wd pts ( "" )
this way it won't affect lower levels' current meta of things & at d same time continue encouraging players to level up safely instead of camping so hard until they cry.

So you are encouraging higher levels to attack lower levels.
This makes no sense to me.
The chance of another high level being more of a challenge should be rewarded.
Attacking lower level players should (in most cases) actually be easier (as they are likely weaker) and therefore less of a challenge.
I don't understand your reasoning.
Sorry.

marklinalexanderho
07-01-2013, 12:33 PM
So you are encouraging higher levels to attack lower levels.
This makes no sense to me.
The chance of another high level being more of a challenge should be rewarded.
Attacking lower level players should (in most cases) actually be easier (as they are likely weaker) and therefore less of a challenge.
I don't understand your reasoning.
Sorry.

hi bro because in d top 10-75 factions.. there're more n more low level players sporting super high stats.. give u an example, common scenario in this war is lvl 85/179k def to lvl 120/401k def range. they're prolly newly created breed of accounts from 3-5 battlefor(insertcountry) back cuz they knew high level players who started from beginning would be ard dat same type w/ d same or lower amt of stats. so it's unfair for d high level players who use 20-30 vaults of gold juz to compete w/ newly created accounts that spend maybe juz 10.

which is why i implemented this to bring abt a cycle of balance. so u dun go to lvl 250 n quit after a while etc. sry if i still dun make sense Sumiala.. maybe someone else can explain it shorter & more efficiently. take care MW bro =)

jjm521
07-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Simplest solution is to remove the 2000 unit cap. Make it a straight 4 units per ally. Level 250 would then have 4000 units in battle while a 150 would only have 3000. This makes it more worthwhile to level up and then you really EARN your wdps if yer lower level

cwayeharris
07-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Simplest solution is to remove the 2000 unit cap. Make it a straight 4 units per ally. Level 250 would then have 4000 units in battle while a 150 would only have 3000. This makes it more worthwhile to level up and then you really EARN your wdps if yer lower level

I think there is something wrong with your maths.

If there were only caps per level, then
LVL 250 = 1250 allies
1250 allies = 5000 units

bcars
07-01-2013, 06:20 PM
It seems that the system really counts the level of the player being attacked as the PRIMARY factor in determining how much WD is awarded. Or, rather the difference in level between the attacker and defender. There seems to be some minimal, just MINIMAL, benefit to attacking someone with a high defense. But I saw I was getting much more bang for my buck by attacking a higher level player with lower defense stats than a lower level player with higher defense stats.

I am level 243 with 700K attack and 1M defense, so unless I am attacking a player that is over level 210 or 220, I was getting very few (under 200) WD points. It was rare when I was getting over 300 or 400 WD points. VERY rare. And the variations in WD points per attack on the same player is EXTREME. At least 30% to 50%. Which is an insane degree of variation. I just don't get it.

This issue dramatically affects the productivity of the gold I spend and it just sucks when I buy all this gold and it is getting to be worth less and less from a WD perspective. There has to be a better way. It really de-motivates the heavy gold player in the battles.

jjm521
07-01-2013, 06:27 PM
I think there is something wrong with your maths.

If there were only caps per level, then
LVL 250 = 1250 allies
1250 allies = 5000 units

Yessir you are correct.... 2.5x current max which is ofcourse 5000. Thanks for the correction

bcars
07-01-2013, 06:30 PM
There is a huge need to have and show a benefit to leveling up. Right now all of the incentives promote just the opposite behavior.

solo.modernwar
07-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I have a very straightforward in-game solution to this: Add more levels as they did back in March from level 200 to 250. How about adding levels 251 and higher and push the boundary to level 350, as opposed to just a 50 level increase?

It wouldn't be necessary to add corresponding maps for the higher levels. Just make the script correspond to the WD point formula that relies on the level difference.

Fatherllama
07-01-2013, 06:39 PM
There's no d in "the." Just a public service announcement.

Jaebee
07-01-2013, 06:44 PM
I agree with the point that something should be done, but I'm not sure if the OP's idea of more points for attacks on lower level players is right either. Would be messed up to reward some(hlp's) by hurting others(llp's). Why not use the tier system (like the one used in Boss events). For example, a level 250 player attacking anyone in the 201-250 tier gets max points or at least very good points (avg 300 or so). If he attacks a level 151-200 then average points in the 200s, and so on. This way if a strong player at say lv 151-200 or below hits a player in the 201-250 zone he can still get even better points (into the 400s).

This way higher level players can still get good value for their gold, and lower players still have an incentive to try and hit higher level players.

Lastly, Gree please change the wild point swings...where hits on the same player can go from say 160s to high 300s. Narrow the point swings, please.

marklinalexanderho
07-01-2013, 06:49 PM

bro i find ur idea rather logical. i'll pin that up for u ya? i tink ur suggestion has potential to be looked into =)

It seems that the system really counts the level of the player being attacked as the PRIMARY factor in determining how much WD is awarded. Or, rather the difference in level between the attacker and defender. There seems to be some minimal, just MINIMAL, benefit to attacking someone with a high defense. But I saw I was getting much more bang for my buck by attacking a higher level player with lower defense stats than a lower level player with higher defense stats.

I am level 243 with 700K attack and 1M defense, so unless I am attacking a player that is over level 210 or 220, I was getting very few (under 200) WD points. It was rare when I was getting over 300 or 400 WD points. VERY rare. And the variations in WD points per attack on the same player is EXTREME. At least 30% to 50%. Which is an insane degree of variation. I just don't get it.

This issue dramatically affects the productivity of the gold I spend and it just sucks when I buy all this gold and it is getting to be worth less and less from a WD perspective. There has to be a better way. It really de-motivates the heavy gold player in the battles.

There is a huge need to have and show a benefit to leveling up. Right now all of the incentives promote just the opposite behavior.

yes bro i reckon it's safe to say many others r sharing in ur pain as well. if we could work up a change to improve this preliminary world domination system, many of u could see as much as a 1.5 to 1.8x increase. for example, two of my faction mates who scored 550 & 400k respectively by BfP's end deserve so much more wd pts for their current levels, d copious amts of time awake & gold invested. tks bro for ur feedback btw!

marklinalexanderho
07-01-2013, 07:01 PM
I have a very straightforward in-game solution to this: Add more levels as they did back in March from level 200 to 250. How about adding levels 251 and higher and push the boundary to level 350, as opposed to just a 50 level increase?

It wouldn't be necessary to add corresponding maps for the higher levels. Just make the script correspond to the WD point formula that relies on the level difference.

hmm.. i think this could lead to server overload/crash haha. but we won't know d end result until ur idea has been implemented so it could actually work out. or we could have a reborn system like many MMOs whereby u can choose to reset back to lvl 1 with every lvl up giving u 6 pts instead of 4. but dat is juz too taxing on everyone as we'll need to compile perhaps up to 50mb worth of notes for an on-the-go app game. haha

There's no d in "the." Just a public service announcement.

whahaha tks bro appreciate it lol

marklinalexanderho
07-01-2013, 07:27 PM
hi bro ty so much for ur feedback yea.. hmm u make sense too i'll have to re-look into it & see if i can mend any flaws.

btw yea i have a speculation abt dat. izzit possible dat if a player gets hit a few hundred times in a few hrs, then his max WD giveout will be at its lowest range until it has recovered back to its peak period? juz a guess on my part tho i wouldnt take it as a theory as yet haha. tks!

Auspex
07-01-2013, 07:56 PM
I think an alternate idea for giving us something to level for would be increase the Health Stat according to level.

@ 100 you get 4 hits but @ 150 you get 6 etc. It would drastically change the games dynamics which they seem to love doing anyway. Just a thought but gold would be worth more when you refill a health bar @ level 200 for 8 hits instead of 4 and high level players would be sought out for raking in WD points instead of level 75 with a year of camping to be a formidable force.

Wai
07-01-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm a HLP gold player and I think we have a serious advantage in most areas of the game. Just get on with it.

jjm521
07-01-2013, 08:55 PM
I think an alternate idea for giving us something to level for would be increase the Health Stat according to level.

@ 100 you get 4 hits but @ 150 you get 6 etc. It would drastically change the games dynamics which they seem to love doing anyway. Just a thought but gold would be worth more when you refill a health bar @ level 200 for 8 hits instead of 4 and high level players would be sought out for raking in WD points instead of level 75 with a year of camping to be a formidable force.

That could be a nice perk that would actually reward levelling. As it stands, im at 145 and totally dreading hitting 150 because of the stupid boss health issue. I know im not the only one

bcars
07-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm a HLP gold player and I think we have a serious advantage in most areas of the game. Just get on with it.

Actually, I think I have to disagree... The serious advantage that high level players (especially heavy gold users like myself) have comes directly from the money we've spent to get these things. None of this was given to us. As we have leveled up... usually through the use of gold to get energy refills, we get skill points - that everyone gets - and they turn into some level of better stats.

But the main governing dynamics of the game... attack/defense stats, units, bonus units, indestructible units, regen bonuses, etc... are all advantages that are gained primarily through the use of gold. None of these advantages are strictly intrinsic to our higher levels. This is clearly evidenced by the large number of lower level players who have high stats, tons of indestructible units, bonuses galore, and the like.

Getting to a high level - and by "high level" I am saying above level 200 - takes a lot of time or gold and effort. It does not happen overnight nor easily. Yet the reality is that there are few, if any, advantages to gaining these high levels that come from the level itself. A level 130 player with the use of enough gold... maybe even LESS gold... could have higher stats, or at least as high stats as a level 240 player, but in fact these level 130 players that use heavy gold, will have huge advantages over the higher level players... like the boss events, or even the amount of WD gained in attacks per attack!

So in reality, high level players are punished for attaining those high levels... it is like taking your most accomplished players/customers, and putting them at a disadvantage.

Wai
07-02-2013, 12:10 AM
I acknowledge your point of view. We use gold to become more powerful. All of us gold users do exactly the same no matter what level they are at. Some do it better than others and some spend more than others while others waste it. If someone below me has better stats than I, then they deserve it. I don't believe they should be punished for it.

It is true the game is transitioning so there may have been some things you couldn't achieve as an LLP that others can now. Welcome to the real/unreal world. I agree it does take considerable time and $ to achieve a good standard in this game today. Tomorrow is another day however and we feel forced to keep going or be left behind. That's the reality of this game and thats how it's deliberately designed. They encourage you to spend so they make $s.

You have been around long enough to know there is always someone out there that will beat you no matter what you do. That's the way it should be and the game won't function without that. Any player above L100 who spends the same gold as you or I on the same things will have the same stats as you & I; no more and no less. They might spend it differently for advantage but thats the only difference. And yes I agree with you, if someone wants to spend massive amounts of gold, yes they will have better stats than someone spending far less, that's also the way it should be.

We tend to forget that we passed by those boss event levels like others are doing now and will do in the future and we had an advantage over others then. Just because we are done with that now and had our fair turn, it should not now be closed for others doing what we did.

I actually agree with the WD differences. If that wasn't a factor, the Factions would only have HLPs involved because the LLPs would be spanked. Not a good outcome. The involvement of LLPs in a faction is encouraged by this for a broader economic gain so use it as an advantage. What we need to do is find players of a similar or higher level within the opposing faction to hit for good WD, not the other way around. If we can't compete within our general level range then we need to do something about that. If we are HLPs competing in low level factions then we need to find better competition by going to a higher level faction where we will meet other HLPs that do give good WD.

It's the ability to find the WD that is the concern, not the WD itself. The WD difference is critical to good faction play and encourages players to find and then challenge players at their level or above rather than picking out the lowest level player available with no risk. The greater the risk, the greater the reward. The PvP faction event worked the same as far as higher risk = higher reward.

For what its worth that my view on the subject.

marklinalexanderho
07-03-2013, 12:57 AM
dear Auspex & Wai.. ty so much for your ideas & opinions! i believe it'll be of use to MW's growth no doubt. really appreciate it! it's so true that when more brains come together, it's definitely gonna beat only one. cheers all!!!

mldmkm
07-03-2013, 04:38 AM
High level players have advantages in the game but not at the World Domination event. It should be made more competitive, high level players dont get targets and if they get targets it would give us 120-200 war points. Why not go for this solution, if you hit a player with defense closest to your attack will yield more war points, that will make things fair to all. No one gets penalized. Even PUN and Ferr will have fair fights as their stats are matched neck to neck and in top 10 everyones stats are inflated so everyone will find someone to get points from.