PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade multiple buildings

Amber_
06-30-2013, 11:29 PM
Ok, so I HAVE to get this bonus. Have far too many buildings that needs upgrading, and every upgrade takes like a year. So, because its GREEd we're talking about, you're not gonna get this feature for free. Forget it. It's probably gonna be a prize of some sort. What do u guys think? Maybe in the next 'collect 10'?

newtonpa
06-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Also possible as a top syndicate prize.

JonHanFord
06-30-2013, 11:58 PM
i hope its gonna be prize in 10s Collect ..

BigMoney
06-30-2013, 11:59 PM

Perhaps I'm reading into it too much, but:

Hey guys,

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but in regards to the multiple buildings feature, this just means that we now have the capability to allow this. There will be an item in the future that provides this bonus, but it is not available at the moment.

He specifically wrote that it would be an item and top 3 syndicate prizes aren't items.

I thought it would have been available for this box event, which I was guessing would be a Collect-10 since the last box event was also a Collect-20. My other secret hope is that it's either a modifier secretly attached to the prize of Street Brawler #13, or hidden on a Syndicate Showdown prize somewhere (which would mean at least Top 1 syn / Top 25 indiv.).

More likely, they're probably in no rush to hand it out.

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 12:06 AM
It's going to be one of the top syndicate prizes, or a top 1/top 25 prize. They are the biggest gold-spending events.

I wouldn't read too much into his saying it'll be an item. He also thinks skill points into defense are a good idea.

BigMoney
07-01-2013, 12:22 AM
It's not uncommon for developers to be terrible at their own game. Bungie, the makers of Halo, used to have a series where the developers took on a different team each week (like the makers of another game, or the Xbox Development team, etc). I always found it hilarious how terrible they were at Halo-- their FPS aiming ability was on par with someone with Parkinson's or something.

Vito Corleone
07-01-2013, 12:23 AM
The top1 syndicate prizes in Crime City have been quite poor compared to MW.
And now...40% more RP! COme on GREE...
We want 20% gun attack or 5% exta mafia att/def or similar.
Or possibility to upgrade 4 buildings at once or similar. There has been too little difference being in a nr1 syndicate compared to a nr10.

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 12:32 AM
RP bonus for #1 is an intentionally worthless prize. Which they seem to like handing out more often than not.

Vito Corleone
07-01-2013, 12:40 AM
RP bonus for #1 is an intentionally worthless prize. Which they seem to like handing out more often than not.+1 to that
But I wonder why the nr1 prizes in MW are so much better? In MW they make a difference.

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 12:52 AM
I think it's mainly because #2 is a more realistic challenge in MW, and the IP numbers end up much, much higher.

sister morphine
07-01-2013, 12:57 AM
The similar item in KA allowing two upgrades started as a box event prize, but then was recycled in an LTQ some months later. I'd expect the same to happen here

Butt Futter
07-01-2013, 04:29 AM
RP bonus for #1 is an intentionally worthless prize. Which they seem to like handing out more often than not.

They don't need to do good prizes since they know the top 3-5 syndicates will waste ample amount gold for poop.

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 04:31 AM
They don't need to, but if they want to ensure they're big spenders play longer, they should.

Butt Futter
07-01-2013, 04:58 AM
Gree will continue to crap on CC as long as people like us let them.

that
07-01-2013, 05:50 AM
The discrepancy that has been generated between the players of the top 5 syndicates and everyone else is quite striking. A vast number of people are quitting the game because they will never be able to catch up to those players, regardless of the amount of gold spent. I can see how it is frustrating to be at the top and not receive yet another prize that increases attack or defense. However, GREE probably makes more money from 25000 players who buy one vault of gold every month than the 300 top syndicate members, who buy many vaults of gold in one month, and then stop buying gold for many months due to receiving their gold bonus. Logically it makes more sense to please the majority, as they bring in a larger more consistent revenue (300 "big spenders" would have to spend $83k, every month to equal the revenue that 25000 "one vault a month" players bring in per month ).

Chica
07-01-2013, 05:59 AM
The discrepancy that has been generated between the players of the top 5 syndicates and everyone else is quite striking. A vast number of people are quitting the game because they will never be able to catch up to those players, regardless of the amount of gold spent. I can see how it is frustrating to be at the top and not receive yet another prize that increases attack or defense. However, GREE probably makes more money from 25000 players who buy one vault of gold every month than the 300 top syndicate members, who buy many vaults of gold in one month, and then stop buying gold for many months due to receiving their gold bonus. Logically it makes more sense to please the majority, as they bring in a larger more consistent revenue (300 "big spenders" would have to spend $83k, every month to equal the revenue that 25000 "one vault a month" players bring in per month ).this :eek::eek:

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 06:04 AM
The discrepancy that has been generated between the players of the top 5 syndicates and everyone else is quite striking. A vast number of people are quitting the game because they will never be able to catch up to those players, regardless of the amount of gold spent. I can see how it is frustrating to be at the top and not receive yet another prize that increases attack or defense. However, GREE probably makes more money from 25000 players who buy one vault of gold every month than the 300 top syndicate members, who buy many vaults of gold in one month, and then stop buying gold for many months due to receiving their gold bonus. Logically it makes more sense to please the majority, as they bring in a larger more consistent revenue (300 "big spenders" would have to spend $83k, every month to equal the revenue that 25000 "one vault a month" players bring in per month ).

You massively underestimate what the top spenders spend.

Don't worry, Gree ignores us too.

that
07-01-2013, 06:07 AM
You massively underestimate what the top spenders spend.

Don't worry, Gree ignores us too.

They spend more than $83k per month, for every consecutive month of the year? As in, you're trying to tell me that there are 300 people who spend close to one million dollars, per year, to stay in the top 5?

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Yes.

Characters.

that
07-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Yes.

Characters.

Damn. I still have med school loans to pay off. Forget funneling money to GREE. My loans could be paid off with a quarter of what they spend yearly! Lol, this is me pimping my self

bald zeemer
07-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Don't worry mate, we all had to do the same sort of thing as well. It sucks now, but once you're free, you're very, very free.

Rollster
07-01-2013, 08:40 AM
i see a guy last day's.. 10 building same time..

lvl 180 ? and no BAN.... i dont take time to report him cuz if he is lvl 180 and not banned.. strange...

BigMoney
07-01-2013, 08:44 AM
How can you see when someone else has a building being upgraded? Is that an iOS thing? I can only see my own buildings being upgraded.

wa7sh
07-01-2013, 08:50 AM
How can you see when someone else has a building being upgraded? Is that an iOS thing? I can only see my own buildings being upgraded.
same here.

mxz
07-01-2013, 01:16 PM
He specifically wrote that it would be an item and top 3 syndicate prizes aren't items. You've been going to the Lupo school of game mechanics, haven't you?

BigMoney
07-01-2013, 01:26 PM
That was really clever, mxz.

maraudermat
07-01-2013, 02:37 PM

I actually think that would be the last straw and make me quit for good. Some of the best players arent in the best syndicates and just enjoy playing with their friends. That prize should be equal opportunity having just spend the time building the feature into the game.

KinkySlut
07-01-2013, 02:37 PM
They don't need to, but if they want to ensure they're big spenders play longer, they should.

I disagree with this business model, as would many in business, I would doubt Gree would care what you personally spend, they would not be relying on the income generated by the Big 2, you are in fact only 120 people, that's not really many once you think about it, you would barely generate 0.5% of their revenue.

In fact as a more stable business model they should be catering more to the middle level spenders, as these are the clients that would be generating 90% of the income.

But them just mi thoughts bro,

dr007
07-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Only gree can tell us for sure but my guess is this is like a bell curve: iteach can maybe help us here. The top players in the game carry the game. There are players who after a year have maybe bought a vault. Gree is not in business because of them. Of course, a smart company would try to get these players to cross the line and buy more gold! Don't get me wrong: there is power in numbers and it would b desirable to have 5,000 players buying 5 vaults every month versus 240 players buying heavily but that is not the case in crime city. If it were an issue, gree could simply do away with the bonus system. They hope every player will want to purchase enough to get the bonus. Keep in mind: Gree does not manufacture gold. It is a form of currency!!!

KinkySlut
07-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Only gree can tell us for sure but my guess is this is like a bell curve: iteach can maybe help us here. The top players in the game carry the game. There are players who after a year have maybe bought a vault. Gree is not in business because of them. Of course, a smart company would try to get these players to cross the line and buy more gold! Don't get me wrong: there is power in numbers and it would b desirable to have 5,000 players buying 5 vaults every month versus 240 players buying heavily but that is not the case in crime city. If it were an issue, gree could simply do away with the bonus system. They hope every player will want to purchase enough to get the bonus. Keep in mind: Gree does not manufacture gold. It is a form of currency!!!

This may have been the case in the Funzio days as they were a startup company, running off credit. Gree, no way, have you seen how many games these guys have, from their main company to all of the subsidiaries, including the Funzio portfolio of Games now- when they sold they had two games I think

Gree model will be all about stable KPI projected stats, not the fact that 120 people of the Big 2 bought $1000 worth of gold each during their sale.

They are going to want more people buying the smaller quanity of gold on a more consistent basis